Rainbow Robin's Bird Box

Thread Description
This is where Robin keeps Robin's runs. It's nice and cozy in here.

Rainbow Robin

Going Teamless
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
A secret bunker, just off Route 2, next to Greggs
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Flying
Tweet tweet.

Well, this needs a little sorting out so let's start off here. I'm Robin; a robin (though I haven't always been like this, so learn a lesson and don't laugh at wizards, kids) and I moved into this birdbox while I try and sort out getting my hands on a cure for being a small bird. Despite, of course, no longer having hands.

Life is pretty good as a robin, if I'm honest. Flight, that's a big positive, and squirrels are dead nice to hang around with. There's a small one lives one tree over, he comes around every now and then for a coffee morning.

In the meantime, while I wait to attack the next wizard I see, I may as well do some nuzlockes.

Never Stop No Healing: No Healing Y

Y has the dubious honour of one of the easiest nuzlockes to do, but does that title hold up when healing from any source whatsoever is banned? Intense strategy, cheesy tactics and so much time in the daycare is the name of the game in the sequel to extravaganza-winning Utter Lunacy: No Healing Platinum.
If we can only heal when forced to, can we still beat the game?

This one is one of my favourites; a challenge run of Pokemon Y in the vein of a prior attempt at Platinum. It's a bit resource-intensive, since I have to be at a certain computer for it, so I don't get to work on it as often as I'd like, but it's happily trundling along. Honestly this isn't an original idea, and I'd gladly direct people to the YouTube arena to find Fallout New Vegas: You Only Live Once and the Fallout 3 run of the same style. The rules are the same, but the FPS nature lends itself a lot neater to avoiding mandatory heals as a 'true health counter' can be employed to track health past forced heals. I really enjoy this run. Sure, it's an absolute pain to balance the difficulty to keep XY's legendary easiness from rolling over and wrecking the challenge, but I'm having so much fun with it I don't even mind that I've had to ban megas and Pokemon-Amie.

Read if you like: strategy, challenge runs, screenshots, incoherent rambling, esoteric nicknames.
Don't read if you: only read story screenshot runs, are Nurse Joy.

Found Family: A Matter of Pride

Six trainers, each with their own signature type, come together to bring down the champion of Kalos... eventually, when they can overcome the many distractions to be had along the way in this bizarre coming-of-age road trip Storylocke. Content warnings are applied to each chapter individually.

Read if you like: LGBT+ characters, character development, character interaction, road trip narratives, drama and comedy going hand in hand.
Don't read if you: Hate slow burn (though there are regular "Previously On..." segments), are Mike Pence.

It's a difficult situation to come back to a run after a month or so out and see things you don't like in it, but I think I've handled the redo of certain aspects quite well. It's a slow runner, definitely, but I don't think that compromises the quality of the piece. It definitely comes from a time I've moved on from, but I'm back to it after a month, a period of time has left me staring at it with the full intent to get it finished (not least because I've had some excellent catch luck that's fulfilled my rules regarding type criteria and usage. Plus a shiny, one that will feature heavily in the plot.

Last edited:

MouseWithADinosaurTail

Luck will travel, but that's why I've got feet
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Though she often appears sweet and polite, the smell of wrong opinions may cause this pokemon to latch bite.
Decided to peak into your bird box. Ngl, I have no idea whats going on in here, but its got a good spiritual energy to it. :3 Keep it up!

Mattelonian

Aarakocra Illusion Wizard Extraordinaire
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon appreciates all hugs, internet or otherwise.
yeah but what about the l o n g d o g

JadeSapphira

Go on, Shadow. Dont you support gay rights?
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sorry, this pokemon is unavailable in the current release.
Im currently hacking into your twitter account as we speak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)