• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Original Pubkemon

Thread Description
an original comic about a pub run by pokemon (updated weekly)

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
There are two things I enjoy. One of them of course is pokemon, and the other is the pub industry I work in. So I thought of the way to combine the two.

Pubkemon is a weekly comic series about a pub run by pokemon named "The Blue Bellossom". There are bad jokes, dad jokes, and plenty of terrible puns. My sense of humor is godawful. I've been wanted to do a short weekly series like this for a while since I barely have time to work on my runs (I barely have time to sleep what with 50 hour work weeks and classes to attend). Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it!

You can also follow along on my hastily created blog where I have no idea what I'm doing at https://pubkemon.tumblr.com/

Here, have the first comic, in which we meet our cast:
Tigh F. Lohsan, a Typhlosion who needs glasses, the owner/operator
Quintin Lava, a Quilava who is Tigh's cousin and often forgets to pay his tab
Ryder Horton, a Rhyhorn, who's the bouncer with a secret heart of gold

Last edited:

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Woah so I'm a little blown away by how many people were actually looking forward to this! So I decided to crank another out ahead of schedule. But secretly you've been duped, since it's more convenient for me to update on Fridays so this'll be the update day from now on.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
That ditto machoke is doing their best! Let them in!

rowantobias

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2020
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
they/ae
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon gushes about its girlfriend for hours on end.
omg this is cute! i love the coloring (does it count if it's achromatic?) style you use here!

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
@PurpleEyedGuma Thank you I am glad you and other people are enjoying it! I always wanted to try to combine the two
@Kadew But Tigh could lose his liquor license! Although maybe the Ditto should ask his Zoroark friend for some help...
@rowantobias Thanks! I wanted to try to keep it simple so I wouldn't overload myself with too much work trying to do full color!

Man what a week! The bad news is that everything (and this will probably soon include my pub) is shutting down here. The good news is because everything is shutting down I'm going to have a lot more free time to make these. But forget about all that vibes and read another terrible joke!

SnakeWrangler

Sorceress's Knight
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
I feel like I've told you before but I love the simple charm on this. The punchlines are short and sweet and it's a real refreshing read in general.

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
@SnakeWrangler Thank you! I normally write or draw very serious stuff so it's nice to be able to cut loose from that with this comic

So last week was even more nuts than the week before it. I do have some bad news though, the government official said I can't party anymore (or rather, nobody can either) so the pub is closed until further notice. The good news is we're only closed, not out of business, and also this gives me plenty of time to make more Pubkemon so expect a new strip around Wednesday!

This one is a couple of days late (oops!), but an interesting fact is that this week's Pubkemon is inspired by a true story!

SayleeK

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
I missed that you'd started posting these! They're all gems so far. The Machoke one in particular made me ugly-laugh VERY loudly, while the "hen party" one was one that I just kinda scrolled past, the pun set in about thirty seconds later, and I groaned aloud. A pun well landed.

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
@SayleeK Thank you! I am glad my terrible terrible jokes are doing what they're supposed to! (We're all actually big fans of horrible puns down at the pub haha)

Heyo folks, I got another comic straight outta quarantine. In this one things are heating up at the Blue Bellossom

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
These are hilarious! Your style of humor is exactly what I needed (Suspicious is still killing me and I read it like five minutes ago)

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
@TheTRUEgge Thank you, I am glad you are enjoying the humor! We all could use a few bad jokes and shenanigans right now

My quarantine was pretty uneventful. I pretty much spent the entire time playing video games. I went outside today and it was like walking on the surface of the moon. But anyway because I had so much free time this comic is a little different; it has a background. fancy I know right? Well okay it's only on two panels. shut up.

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
Howdy campers, time for a new Pubkemon strip! This one is dad joke certified, enjoy! Also I'm trying to put more quote unquote ""effort"" into these by doing more backgrounds, taking more time etc. Who knows, I might even start cranking some out in color; we still got at least another 3 weeks of quarantine so I have literally all the time in the world.

Plain Yogurt

Happy Dairy Product
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
An ordinary dairy product. Dislikes conflict, and does whatever he can to bring happiness to others.
Ah, nothing like some good, simple humor. These are lovely.

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
@Plain Yogurt Ahh thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying them!

Heyo! So I wasn't able to work on Pubkemon over the last month for two reasons, both of which were computer related. The first being my main computer's HDD went to the great Foxconn factory in the sky, the second being I had to devote my time to building an extremely janky 1970s era computer for a university project:

But anyway my time is free again (for the foreseeable future, no joy on the whole "reopening the pub" thing. So we return to our regular schedule with this strip!

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
I love this comic and have been lurking since the beginning. Great to see that this is back online!

This most recent strip gave me some ideas as to some other people that might be in such a game...

No. 076, George Washington (Ice)
No. 015, Leonardo da Vinci (Steel/Psychic)
No. 120 and 121, Orville Wright and Wilbur Wright (Flying, version exclusives)
No. 066, Nero (Dark/Fire)
No. 030, Cleopatra (Water/Poison)

And of course...
No. 151, Satoshi Tajiri (Bug)

Izuna's Spider

Here for the fun
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 21, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Those jokes, they're just great XD
I love this ^^

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
@CasualGameFreak k oh man those are pefect. There needs to be a full dex for this, I should compile one sometime haha!
@Izuna's Spider Thank you! I am glad you love the jokes!
@RubyClaw Thanks! It seemed to make sense at the time, the pub was my main source of dad jokes, I hope we reopen soon so I can annoy test more out on my patrons. (Also the more I think about it, People Red would make an amazing ROM hack)

Hey again everyone! I dun goofed and thought today was Friday, the quarantine causes me occasionally to lose the ability to measure time. Anyway, not too late, but here's the next strip!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)