• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Primal Dementia [REDUX]

T

Tou

After quite a long hiatus, including graduation and some art improvement, I've decided to man up and come back to finish this. However given the direction the other comic was going, I've had it kick the bucket in favor of my - slightly - improved art style and a different character design as well.

As I said before, I'll try my best, but my hand at story-telling isn't particularly strong and I'm no expert in the ways of art. But I'll do my best to convey the story and hopefully my change in art actually improved in some places.
1. If a pokemon faints, it dies - and must be replaced by a new egg in order to maintain six pokemon in the party at all times

2. If a legendary is caught within the lines of the story, it can be used in battle. However only one legendary may be allowed in the team at a time.

3. Any regular pokemon caught must be traded for an egg. If a shiny is found it can be kept, but unusable in battle.

4. No revives/max revives unless they are found on the ground.

5. Nickname all hatched pokemon.

6. No double typing. If a pokemon has two types you can have another pokemon with a primary type of the other pokemon's secondary type - but not two pokemon with the same primary type. (I.E; You can have a fire/water and a water type pokemon, but you can't have two fire types.)

I

InquisitorGirl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They say it's generally a bad idea to judge a book by its cover... but honestly, if I judged your comic by its cover page I would say it's going to be filled with action and excitement, and an excellent read. Can't wait for it to start so I could see if I'm right. ^_^

T

Tou

@InquisitorGirl -- Thank you for the positive feedback! It may take a few pages to get the ball rolling, but I'll do my best to make the pages longer than I usually make them in order for the story to get kicked off a bit faster.

I'm working on page 1 now, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to get it finished quickly without it looking messy...

B

bravenheart

Well, this doesn't look epic at all. It absolutely does not look like excellence will be contained within. Nope, nope, nope.

That cover.

That banner.

Yes yes yes yes yes.

S

Sir Extrava

I was browsing the incomplete/failed runs, and came across the original Primal Dementia and was very sad that it had ended so soon. I'll be following this run!

T

Tou

@bravenheart -- Ah, thank you! I hope future pages will continue to please, though it may be a bit slow going in the very beginning.

@Sir Extrava -- Yeah, I got caught up in school, which ultimately led to it getting cut off earlier than I'd hoped. But I should be able to finish this run...
Page one's rough draft is done, inking and coloring should be done soon and hopefully it'll be up by Saturday or before then! However, my current volunteer job is limiting what time I have to work on the comic. Luckily it's only for this week, so things should pick up by next week.

T

Tou

Ack, I keep setting deadlines for myself and I never end up meeting them... Maybe this is what I get for being too ambitious by making the first page a bit longer than I'm used to...

Inking and the background are done, coloring the characters should be done by Monday since I don't have volunteer work anymore... Let's hope I can actually make the deadline this time... And I'm sorry for not having page one out when I said it'd be out...

T

Tou

Page one

IT'S UP!

Good god it took me far too long to finish this... safe to say I probably won't be working on a long page like that again without fair warning.

But here we have the first page of the reboot of P.D.! Uh, we've got the character introduced here, and the identity of the pokemon in the egg should be revealed soon enough - that is, unless you guys can figure it out first. Though it shouldn't be too hard...

My apologies if this page seems rushed, and especially because the background is as shoddy as it is... I'm kind of rusty with my tablet skills - especially regarding scenery and such. So I hope I can improve on that as this comic goes on.

S

SmouieSuperStar

I am definitely following this one! I love the art style and I already have so many questions (in a good way- I want to keep reading haha) And Xerxes's design is so cool! Please keep up the great work and I can't wait for the next pages. :)

S

SmouieSuperStar

Nice start! Egglocke comics are fairly uncommon to come across, so I'm curious to see where you'll go with this! I can't wait to see what that egg hatches into. :} Don't worry about your rusty tablet skills, a little practice (which this comic will provide I'm sure) and you'll be at the top of your game soon!

T

Tou

@SmouleSuperStar -- Thank you! My apologies for taking so long, summer's been keeping me busy lately. I'll have page 2 up soon though!

@DoktorGilda -- Yeah, I figured it'd be an interesting sort of Nuzlocke to do for my first one! I just hope that future comic pages won't look so rusty like this one did... Thanks for the encouragement though!
Page 2 should be out soon, apologies for the delay!

A

AgentNein

Hmm, who is this mysterious trainer? I feel like it would be cheating to go look at your old run, so I guess I'll just have to wait to find out! I'm interested to see where you're going with this. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)