• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Showcase Pride 2020 Create-a-thon!

Thread Description
The Pride Month Create-a-thon is back! Come join us in being creative and celebrating the LGBTQ community!

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely tired.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Spacey Oof, I can relate to that, my brain isn’t doing so great either. Not sure if I can really take any credit for your realization, since I’m just here following along with the schedules from the previous years, but it’s wonderful that you’ve realized it! Also I LOVE that art of Morty and Eusine, what a great couple.

It’s ceterosexual day! Ceterosexuality is a term for nonbinary people who are exclusively attracted to other nonbinary people.

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Time for demisexual pride day! Demisexuals are on the ace spectrum, and experience sexual attraction only if a strong emotional connection is formed first.

Mane

The One With Too Many Projects
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
So much for keeping up this year, haha. Anyway have some more stuff from the book with the puppies!

There was a knock at Crystal's office. Hierophant, or "Hero" as the students liked to call him, yipped at the door a little. In walked the oldest member of the staff, even compared to the Ghost in the Tower, his black hair, fluffy fox ears, and white gloves looking just like they did when she went there.

"What brings you here?"
She asked, leaning on one hand and using the other to scratch her dog behind his soft lovable ears.
"While I was visiting a few our alumni and...taking Nightmare on a wing,"
He muttered, eyes nervously glued to Hero's face with a spooked expression of nervousness that still made the counselor struggle not to giggle. It would be unprofessional.
"One of them pointed out a kid who probably needs out of his home."
He tossed a makeshift manila folder on her desk. It was practically empty, of course, the old boy was so awful at that specific kind of paperwork recently he'd taken, whenever he could get away with it, to just giving other people phone numbers. Once more she recalled the poor girl who wanted to try and set up a magical service tower as her senior project-she'd been so scared to suggest the idea that she needed to ask for help writing a script to use.

"Oh?"
Crystal examined the folder. Inside was but a single sheet of paper, with two or three phone numbers and about half a dozen names.
"How's Nightmare, by the way?"
She asked, with a devious grin. This warranted little in response, though: The fox man didn't lift his eyes from the happy pile of fluff she was petting.

"Big. Scary. I think he breathes fire now. Or she? I can never remember whether the 'mare' part of the beast's name is accurate or not."
Crystal failed to stifle a bit of a laugh this time.
"You suggested the name, you fluffy dope."

The lad squinted a little, waving his hand dismissively.
"That's not the point right now. Anyway, I thought I'd deliver this as soon as possible. All the schools near him are at capacity, and, well-you're the one who does the screenings for these things. Makes sure they-"
"Yes, yes, I know what my job is."

A small mewl came from Crystal's lap as one of the school's other therapy animals, a rather small calico cat with a horn much like Hierophant's (though, this being a small cat, much smaller than the one the dog had) leapt off of her lap onto the table and streeeetched in that particular way that cat's do, then suddenly jolted past the man to return to her owner.

"Your wife have the cat delivering notes again?"
Teased her visitor with a knowing smile.
"Not this time. She had a meeting today and we watch each other's animals when nessecary."
Crystal chose not to add the correction that they were technically only girlfriends, as hearing Haley described as her wife turned her face a bit red. The man turned away, then cast a look at her over his shoulder, face suddenly dire.

"Has the nail given you any trouble recently?"
She grimaced, face turning sour.
"Nothing Haley can't solve!"
She half-lied, mask of control and cheer instantly reassembling itself.

"I hope so,"
He answered,
"Given the trouble you go through to keep them from forming in your students. Must be rough."
His voice was genuine, she knew, but his wording lead the grim sparks in the corners of her mind to respond in hostility. She gripped at the desk and ground her teeth for a moment. Hierophant clambered into her lap to nuzzle her affectionately, his awkward efforts not to slap her with his horn easily undoing the tension as she held her dog.

Then she realized Hierophant had accidentally ripped up the note in his rush to cheer her up..

The one she hadn't read yet.
"Oh nooooo,"
She mourned, half-seriously, out loud. Those notes were so cute, getting to read them was always a highlight of her day.

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
@Mane This is so cute! Unicorn puppies and kittens, and wife-girlfriends! I love it. Also very intrigued about Nightmare, and whatever the nail is...

Hey hey hey, it's gray-ace day! Gray asexuality covers a wide range of the ace spectrum, including people who experience sexual attraction only occasionally, or only under specific circumstances, or not strongly enough to act on it, or aren't quite sure if they even experience sexual attraction at all (that’s me!), and so on… like I said, it’s a wide range.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
wait there’s a name for it. oh. oh I didn’t know that. I thought I was just blanket ace. This... this is new. Thank you for sharing

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
Missed demisexual day by a margin, but I still want to say a little something regarding it.

Growing up, I used to think there was something wrong with me. Many of the other girls in my school were more sexually charged, or they just had it on their mind a lot more. I didn't get it, and I even tried to get it and failed. There was honest-to-god a time when I was ostracized because I wasn't interested in sex (middle school is a terrible, unnatural time for all). I carried these insecurities to high school and college. I knew what asexual was, but I didn't feel ace. I was some freakish in-between who couldn't relate to either side. It wasn't until I hit my 20s that I discovered the term demisexual, a few years after it was coined in 2008. It made me think, oh! This is it? This is what I've got? I'm not messed up; it's a real thing. While labels aren't always hard and fast, they do play a part in self-discovery and hold a certain significance. This one explained an entire childhood's worth of confusion and put all the pieces into place, and I'm really proud to call myself demisexual.

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
@TheTRUEgge There are names for a surprising amount of things! I love that this event helps spread information about so many different identities. The ace spectrum is quite diverse, and I’m so glad you’ve been able to find a more specific spot on it!

@glancesherlock Thank you so much for sharing your story. I can really relate to that feeling, wondering what was wrong with me because I wasn’t interested in something that everyone seemed to care about... it took me a while to figure it out even after learning what asexuality was, too. I’m so sorry you had such a bad experience, but it’s wonderful that you finally found a label that fits and that you can be proud of!

Happy Pride to all asexuals! I was working on a piece for today but it’s not ready, so… you might see it at some point later, I guess. However, I do have plenty of characters on the ace spectrum, and some of them will be appearing in later pieces regardless! Including the piece I have planned for tomorrow, which I’m excited to share. (See, now that I’ve mentioned it, I have to post it tomorrow! Don't let me not do that.)

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Today we’re celebrating polyamory! Polyamorous people have relationships with multiple partners simultaneously, with the consent of everyone involved. This can be either several people who all date each other, or just people who have more than one relationship at the same time!

Have I mentioned that my upcoming Platinum run is pretty much going to be a poly love story? No? Well, it is, or at least it eventually will be if these dorks ever figure out how to deal with their feelings, and if I ever figure out how to write romance. Until then, here's this short piece that’s mostly pining and awkwardness! Also kind of counts as a late ace day piece, since it stars my asexual (but very biromantic) disaster son Lucas.

Lucas is sitting quietly on the grass, observing a colony of Combee. At least, this would be an easy assumption to make -- his eyes are following them, and the notebook balanced on his knees is full of hexagonal sketches and notes scribbled in the margins.

His mind, however, is elsewhere. Specifically, it’s on the other side of the trees, where he can hear the shouts and laughter from Barry and Dawn’s training. He knows the rest of him could be over there too, could sit and watch and give them advice, but really, at this point, they don't need him. Besides, he promised Professor Rowan he would do some actual research while he was away, and he knows the Professor’s idea of research does not include staring at one’s travelling companions a bit too long.

Unfortunately for Lucas, he can't seem to get either of them out of his head even when they’re not around to stare at.

Why did I sign up for this? he laments, pencilling out yet another hexagon as a Combee alights on a nearby clump of flowers. Why didn't I just stay home in Sandgem where life is boring but safe and there aren't any people like them to distract me?

Lucas has come to the conclusion that he’s probably cursed. Two people show up, go out of their way to do something nice for him -- and, really, how much of that was even about him, it's not like they didn't desperately want those starters -- and that's all it takes to make him fall for them both hopelessly and follow them all over Sinnoh? Really?

Barry has a natural tendency to draw people in like that, though. He's a wild whirlwind of a boy, the sort that barges uninvited through the doorway of your life and sweeps you off your feet. Caught up in his current, Dawn follows him everywhere, followed him all the way out here too, and it's not hard to see why. And that's all part of the problem, because those two have been dancing around each other for their entire lives, and what right does Lucas have to intrude on that? The way Barry looks at Dawn, as if she’s the only thing worth slowing down for just so he can try to take in everything that she is, and the way she always smiles her soft smile back at him... Lucas can't imagine either of them ever looking at him that way.

Dawn... if Barry is a whirlwind, Dawn is a tree, gentle and steady and unyielding, bending towards Barry but never straying from her roots.

...No, wait, that doesn't make sense, he's just thought about Dawn following Barry everywhere, and trees don't move. Unless you count Sudowoodo, but they only look like trees, and -- okay, this is getting out of hand. Lucas frowns and scribbles something vaguely hexagon-shaped in the notebook, not bothering to care how it looks at this point. Why is he even trying to do metaphors? He's a scientist, not a poet.

He can't help but wonder, though... if Barry is a whirlwind and Dawn is a tree, what does that make him?

Probably an awkward volcano somewhere in the distance, spouting a torrent of words that everyone's trying to avoid getting buried in, he decides ruefully. Tossing the notebook aside (lightly, so as not to disturb the Combee), he pulls out his phone.

Lucas stares at the screen for a while, but can't bring himself to search something embarrassing like what do you do when you have feelings for two of your closest friends but they love each other more? If the internet has any answers for that very specific question, they're probably all “just tell them! what's the worst that could happen?” He's not even sure he wants answers so much as he wants to stop feeling all these feelings, but how to delete your feelings probably won't yield any helpful results, either.

(Okay, what he really wants is them to feel these feelings for him too, but come on, as if.)

It would be nice if he had someone to talk to about all this, but who’s that going to be? Half his friends are the people he needs to talk about. As for the other half... well, Tessa doesn't know anything about how this feels, and Silver would probably say something predictably antisocial like “feelings are for losers” and tell him to stop being a dork.

Not for the first time, Lucas wishes he had more friends.

He thinks about calling his dad, but really, how's that conversation going to go? “Hey Dad, how did you and Mom manage to end up together, just thought I’d ask, it’s not that I desperately need advice or anything but I might be kind of in love with my friends, help?”

Yeah, no. He sprawls back on the grass with a sigh, startling several of the Combee, who buzz off indignantly.

Any that remain are quick to follow once the unmistakable sound of Barry stomping his way through the trees rapidly approaches. Great.

“Yo, Lucas, how's the sciencing going? What's up?”

“...Hexagons,” says Lucas, for lack of a better answer.

Barry nods as if he understands completely, picking up the notebook. “Those are some seriously cool sketches!” He squints at the messy handwriting. “Does that say something about whirlwinds and... Sudowoodo?”

“It's nothing!” Lucas says much too quickly, snatching his notes back. Hopefully that panicked reaction won't even register for Barry, who lives in a state of perpetual quickness.

Any response Barry might have had is derailed by Dawn emerging from the trees. For a moment the three pause, staring at each other -- but it's just a moment, and Dawn is the one to break it.

“I thought I'd try making a berry sauce over the campfire to go with the biscuits, seeing as we won't make it to the city today,” she says with that little spark she gets in her eyes whenever she talks about baking. “Anyone willing to help gather berries? If you can take a break from your research, of course, Lucas.”

“My break is being taken!” he says, gesturing to the fact that he is currently lying on the ground with no Combee in sight. “Uh, I mean you're not interrupting, not that I want to continue taking my break this way. I mean, I want to help.” He cringes.

“Let me help you up, then,” Barry says, reaching out a hand. Lucas stares at him incredulously before holding out his own hand to let Barry pull him up, screaming internally, hardly breathing, desperately hoping that his hands aren't sweating too much. And of course he trips on the way up, stumbles, and --

And Dawn is right there, grabbing his other arm, steadying him, and he forgets how to breathe entirely.

“Guess we'd better get going before it gets dark,” Dawn says after a very long second passes while they're both still touching Lucas despite him being firmly on his feet. As soon as they let go, Lucas scoops up his notebook and clutches it to his chest, feeling his heart pound against it.

Is this really happening? Their hands have touched plenty of times before, but there was always a reason -- like every time Barry tries to drag him somewhere, or when he’s helping Dawn with the baking and she guides him through a complicated technique, and of course whenever he's panicking about something and they need to reassure him, gods, how annoying must that be for them -- and he's pretty sure there’s no good reason this time, because it's not like he doesn't know how to get off the ground himself! Barry didn't have to help him up, and Dawn didn't have to be right there. Does it mean they... no, of course it doesn't, why would they feel anything for him when they have each other? He's reading too much into this.

But they didn't have to do it…

“Aren't you coming?” Barry calls. Lucas’ head snaps up, and he realizes that his feet have been frozen in place this whole time. Barry and Dawn are waiting for him at the edge of the trees, both looking back as if somehow, they can't go on without him.

“Yes,” he says, and follows.
Ah, I love writing Lucas. For those of you who remember him from The Phoenix, this takes place... a year or two later, maybe? I'm still trying to figure out the timeline stuff. And yes, he actually did manage to become friends with Silver, haha. And also somehow managed to find himself TWO love interests...

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
Edit: @cyndakip Lucas is such a dork, sweet baby..... Let him get the courage to tell the other two how he feels please, thx

Have to drop something on ace day (and just barely missed it sob) for my baby girl Naomi who is maybe my favorite character I've ever written. Featuring her disaster bi bestie and boyfriend who I also love dearly. This is an excerpt from a longer fic that turned into Kenneth realizing just how badly he wants to marry her shortly after this scene and panicking about proposing lmao These two are on opposite ends of the spectrum that I consider myself to be on, so it's fun to sort of explore that through them.

“I like Nessa.”

Naomi says the words softly, nudging away the quiet and coaxing Kenneth out of sleep. He opens an eye—the one that isn’t buried in his pillow—and finds her looking up at the ceiling, glowing with moonlight.

His head feels a little fuzzy. “I like her too,” he mutters.

She tilts her head toward him and says lightly, “You like her for different reasons.”

“No, I like her for additional reasons.” He grins. Squints. He thinks of finding her hand under the blankets, urging her to curl over him in the hopes that she’ll kiss him. “I like you for additional reasons, too.”

“Oh I know you do.”

Her tone shifts. She’s not upset—or at least, she isn’t mad or annoyed or upset in that sense. But her mood dips, and he feels guilty. “Sorry. Sorry, I— I’m tired…”

“No, you’re fine.” She blindly strokes his cheek with her thumb. It’s comforting. But he knows something isn’t right. “I… I’ve been thinking, lately… About trying.”

“Trying?” He has his guess.

She shrugs, the barest motion against the mattress and her pillow. He hears it more than he feels or sees it. “Sex…”

“Oh…” As expected. “I mean, you know I don’t really care…”

“No, I know. It’s just…”

He shifts, facing her properly on his side instead of lying on his belly. She meets his eyes briefly, and casts her gaze back down. “Is this about Nessa, and Raihan?” he asks. “Was I— I mean, I can unfollow them and—”

“No,” she chuckles. “No, you can slobber after whoever you want, I don’t care about that.”

“I don’t slobber…”

Her grin catches the moonlight. “Okay, fine, you… You can stare longingly after whoever you want and then stammer like a fool if they acknowledge your presence. That doesn’t bother me.”

He ducks his head. “Well now you’re just hitting a little too close…”

“Weak-hearted,” she teases, her voice barely above a whisper. She caresses his cheek again. “I just… find myself wanting to want that. You know? And, I mean, the idea of it doesn’t bother me as much as it used to, but…”

He takes her hand. She doesn’t squeeze until he does. “I find myself wanting to not want it… So hopefully we don’t both get our wish, otherwise we’re back where we started.”

She smiles.

He kisses her fingers. “You know I don’t need that from you. And I don’t want it if you don’t.”

“I know.”

“Good. ‘Cause that’d make me a pretty awful boyfriend if you didn’t know.”

“Well, you’re a pretty amazing boyfriend.”

“And you’re a pretty amazing girlfriend.” He scoots closer and kisses her nose. “As long as you’re happy.”

She wraps her arms around him and tucks her face into his neck. She’s soft and warm, and he wants nothing more than to make her feel at peace. “You make me really happy,” she whispers. “Do I make you happy?”

He squeezes her. “So happy. Ecstatic. Euphoric, even.”

She giggles. “Me too.”

He caresses the back of her head, tugging lightly on her ponytail just to feel her hair glide through his fingers. “I just need you in my life, Naomi. Just like this. That’s all.”

“Well, you have me…” She lifts her head back onto her pillow and holds his neck, fingers running softly over his skin. “I told you back then all I wanted was to keep you.”

A few years ago, on One Island. A beach and a sunset and his heart in his throat, because he never dared to hope they could have anything approaching what he wanted with her. He presses his forehead to hers. “And you’ll have me for as long as you want.”

“Then, can I have you forever?” she whispers.

His heart swells. He kisses her and promises, “Forever.”

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
@Thirteenth Ah, sorry I didn't wait an extra twelve minutes there! But hey, please post content like this on absolutely any day, because oh my gosh this is SO CUTE I can’t even handle it! I love these two… thanks for reminding me that I really need to finish Agency!

@Spacey aaaahhhhhh it’s the OT3! I love them so much!!! This is adorable and an excellent use of memes.

Time for intersex pride! Intersex is an umbrella term that applies to anyone whose sex characteristics don’t match the typical definition of male or female, whether that be due to a variation in sex chromosomes, hormones, genitals, etc. It covers a very wide range and isn’t always obvious, so some people don’t learn that they’re intersex for years, or never find out at all. Not all intersex people identify with the LGBTQ community or as trans, but being intersex does give them the option to use those labels for themselves if they so choose!

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
And now we’re going to spend some time celebrating gender identity, starting with trans female pride! If you’re not overly familiar with how transgender identities work, a very important thing to know is that trans people should always be referred to with their current pronouns and gender, not what they were assigned at birth. Trans women are women, no matter what TERFs might say!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
It's good to be back on this thread! Today, I bring you a vignette about my D&D character: Bell, a Deaf trans Warlock. The party also affectionately calls her "Bird Grandma."

The Party:
  • Korra the Wood Elf Druid (Circle of the Moon)
    • Genderfluid but generally uses she/her
    • Polyamorous
    • Pansexual
  • Sadao the Wood Elf Ranger
    • NO THE PLAYER ISN’T USING UA I DON’T KNOW WHAT’S WRONG WITH HER)
    • Edgy bi disaster
    • Serial child adopter.
  • Patches the Shifter Monk (Way of the Sun Soul)
    • Are you our token Straight™?
    • Hm… Knowing the player, I don’t think so.
    • We haven’t had you for long, to be fair….
  • Bell the Deep Gnome Warlock (Pact with the Raven Queen)
    • Trans Deaf lesbian
    • AKA: Bird Grandma
    • I have a ridiculous Persuasion modifier, so while she doesn’t make any sense half of the time, the NPCs have to be PERSUADED!
The (Standby) Party: (AKA: other characters to know)
  • Gareth the Human Rogue (Assassin)
    • Someone to commiserate my love of My Chemical Romance with, at last!
    • Used to be sad baby gay but is now in a happy relationship. :)
  • Jonathan
    • Gareth’s boyfriend
    • Works in the cemetery.
  • Talon the Tiefling Fighter(???)
    • We don’t let him fight because he’s our son!
  • Brinya the one-winged baby white dragon
    • Yes, we did amputate the wing
    • But the alternative was having the infection kill her! D:<
  • Siri the Half-Elf Sorcerer (Draconic Lineage)
    • oh god please come back youre the one (1) brain cell of the party
    • Also a power lesbian
  • Angelo
    • Chaotic bartender
    • Also a chaotic god
    • But while it’s the worst-kept secret out of character, I don’t think any of our main party knows???
  • Akihiko
    • Angelo’s partner
    • Kitsune
    • Always livens up our side sessions
    • (Yes, our DM allows Homebrew)
Content Warnings: alcohol consumption, sex jokes, forced public semi-nudity, swearing, misgendering, internalized transphobia, transphobic language, references to burns, references to chronic pain.
The deep gnome leans against the gates of the cemetery. “You should go back in,” she advises the wood elf who has clambered up into a spindly old oak tree.

The druid pokes her head out from among the canopy, so her friend can watch her lips. Bell thanks her darkvision. She doesn’t know how Gareth and Jonathan can feel comfortable being awake at night without it! “His ten minutes aren’t up yet, Bell.”

“Ten minutes!?” the old woman yelps. “What does he need to talk to Talon for ten minutes about!?” She watches as a knowing smile spreads across her companion’s face. “Oh,” she realizes. “He’s not talking to Talon.”

“Yep,” the elf confirms. Bell watches her lips smack on the word strangely. “He needs ten minutes to talk to Gareth about Talon’s nighttime routine-”

“-but Gareth knows Talon!” Bell interjects. “He was there when we adopted him!”

Her friend nods. “Exactly. He’s telling himself that’s what he needs the time for, but what he actually needs it for is getting used to the idea that Talon will be OK without him.”

Catching on, the deep gnome grins. “Although it’s Sadao who’s the one who may not be OK!”

The gates from behind her fly open. The old woman loses her balance. Her right knee collides harshly with a protruding stone. She bites her lip to stifle the sound—that’s the theory, anyway—but, in practice, as Sadao helps her up and fusses over her, she knows that her body has once again betrayed her. Still, under the moonlight, she spots how her friend’s expression darkens.

This would be just the excuse for them not to go out after all.

Bell puts her foot down. “It’s just a bruise! Honestly, my burns hurt more on a daily basis!”

Sadao’s face twists. She reads his lips. “Your burns hurt?”

“Shit!” Bell hisses. And then she swears again because her volume is wrong again.

But then Sadao’s attention shifts behind her. She cranes her neck. Korra is standing behind her. “Burns hurt. It’s what burns do.” Bell feels her brow furrowed. When did Sadao get burns..?

The thing about people talking, she’s learned, is that they answer in more than just words. So she watches. And waits. And Sadao answers. He rubs his back protectively.

Geez, which god was that..?

Bell has lost track at this point, which is exactly why they need to go drinking! She tags into the conversation. “You know what alcohol has?”

“Alcohol.”

“Wrong!” she exclaims excitedly. “Water! And you know what water does? Put out fires!”

“That doesn’t make any-” She turns around, cutting him off. Korra is beaming at her. She offers to let Bell have a piggyback ride. It’ll get them there faster, she explains, plus it’ll be a stylish ride. Angelo will approve.

All of these things are true! As well as the fact that Bell will never cease getting a thrill out of just how tall and how fast and how talast (That’s tall and fast combined!) these surface people are! She scurries on. The laughter bubbling out of her is beyond sound. It’s a force of nature. It’s only natural, after all, to want to celebrate the achievements of your friends!

Sadao comes up beside them, crossing her arms, looking vaguely jealous. “Oh, Sadao…” Bell assures him. “You’ll get to ride Korra later.”

Her reward is Sadao’s face going up in flame-red. And Korra reaching out a hand for her to hit. High-fives are what they’re called, they’ve told her. Under the surface, the goblins did headbutts instead. Korra and Sadao accept both from her, but she can’t really headbutt from where she is now, can she?

Cultural exchange is so useful!

Angelo is a very cultured man. She knows that his sex jokes make Sadao flush, but all the good sex jokes make Sadao flush, and he knows, since he’s never told Korra to stop making them, that he likes them.

One night, when that evil god was still inside Sadao and he was struggling to sleep, he got to talking about home. His home wasn’t nice to him. (Having encountered that evil god inside Sadao, that evil god that his home worshipped, Bell is inclined to say that his home wasn’t nice in general, but she doesn’t say that. Because he’s not ready to say it yet.) In his home, talking about love wasn’t OK.

In the Goblin language, there are many words for love. Undercommon shares Common’s shortages with the concept. As for Gnomish…. She doesn’t remember.

She’s taught them—all of them, even the ones who have since left to go on their individual paths—those Goblin words. She knows their accents aren’t the greatest… but neither is hers.

She murmurs in Goblin into Korra’s ear. She can’t see too much of the smile, but Korra turns to Sadao, and Bell sees it reflected in him.

She likes the Common equivalent better in this instance, found family. But she’s learned from Goblin to appreciate hyper-specific, one-words, so she calls it foundmily.

Korra prefers the Goblin one-word, though, so Bell uses it.

Bell peers over Korra’s hair as they approach their—Patches taught her this alternative usage for this Common one-word, although Patches doesn’t drink, so he’s decided to train tonight instead—haunt.

The lights are off at Angelo’s bar. “Spooky,” the old woman mumbles.

Sadao casts a furtive look at her but shakes his head and accosts a stall owner across the street. Between Bell’s shouts of, “Let me talk to them! I’m persuasive!” he strikes up a conversation with them.

They explain that, since the declaration of war with the gods—or was it the split of the god hunters into the god hunters and the god killers—it appears that Angelo and Akihiko have left Paradise City. “I’m sure they’ll be back,” the ranger assures Bell. “Didn’t Angelo say he’s been here for hundreds of years? I mean, I’m sure he’s exaggerating, but-”

Elves live for hundreds of years,” Bell counters.

“But Angelo isn’t-” He suddenly stops. Bell gets the distinct impression that Korra has told him to do something. Or rather, to not do something. He clears his throat. He always covers his mouth when he clears his throat. Even when he’s wearing the mask, Korra has told her. Bell still thinks the mask is ugly, but he did get the covering-the-mouth-part—Bell does not remember the word in Common—removed, so it’s a start.

She’ll get him to be proud of where he’s come from one day.

But not tonight. Tonight, they’re going to have fun! Nice, easy fun! And while looking for a new bar will be less-than-easy, they will still make it fun! Korra agrees. “Between you and me, Bell, we’ll make the bar we pick the funnest dive in the city!”

Sadao raises an eyebrow at them. “Most fun.”

Funnest,” Korra insists.

“Funnest!” Bell cheers.

The elven man’s hard features soften at his family’s exuberance. “Funnest,” he concedes. He scours their surroundings. “This area appears to be zoned for entertainment. We should be able to find another bar nearby….”

There are a lot of bars in Paradise City, but there’s a reason they picked Angelo’s. Angelo’s is lively, has good people, and has good alcohol.

The first bar they try is eerily quiet. It’s more than lack of noise. There’s nothing happening. There’s no one in there except someone in the back, fast (Is that right?) asleep. There isn’t even anything fun on the walls. No weird paintings, no scrawled messages, not even any stains in letting-the-imagination-decide shapes. It’s no fun! They have sake, which is a plus, since Sadao is so picky, but he agrees that he can’t settle down in a place his family isn’t having fun in.

The second bar they come into is far more things happening—immediately, there’s a wall full of people’s attempts to write its name in their dominant hand, apparently for some sort of prize—but the problem is the people. There are several tables full of people with god killers’ pins. They might be able to handle god hunters, since they’ve agreed that not all gods are evil, but god killers are reductionists on principle.

Conversations with those kinds of people are no fun at all.

They get all settled into the third bar—decorated with abstract paintings and a family celebrating what looks to be someone’s coming-of-age—when they’re told that they don’t serve any alcohol! What’s even the point of that!?

(Having your permit expire, Sadao learns, but they don’t have time to wait for the paperwork go through. Tomorrow, they need to get back to saving the world!)

But Bell hasn’t lost hope. Since this bar is so high up on the hill, it must be good. (Siri had talked to her about inaccessibility can heighten something’s appeal. When Siri was a dancer, the front-row seats were so expensive, but when people paid all that, they felt good about it! Amazing!)

As she crests the final step, Korra shakes her head. “If you’ve decided that hilltop bars is what you’re going for, you’re getting up on my back again. You’re favoring your right leg.”

“Shit.”

Sadao smiles reassuringly at her, though. “We’ll ice it when we’re done.” But that smile sours into a scowl. “And we might be done soon. I told Gareth we’d be back by-”

Oh, Bell is acutely aware of how much time they have left. Determined to make the most of it, she marches—not limps—up to the doors and thrusts them open.

Immediately, the smell is what a bar should smell like: alcohol! As they survey the people and the decorations, the trio concurs. It’s finally time to party!

Bell shouts over the party—literally, she yells over a Halfling’s head—that she’ll be back soon! She hurries behind the door with the handprints smeared in pink. (That was the theme of the bar, The Four-Fingered Handprint, named for the first owner, who had four fingers on one hand and decided to fingerpaint the walls of his new establishment. Or so told the current owner, who claimed to be his niece.)

She had been warned that the restroom doors weren’t the most cooperative, but she’d be quick.

She’s not quick enough. She fumbles as she tries to roll up her pants as she hears the old door creak.

The owner of the bar’s face is pale.

“Sorry!” Bell exclaims. “I’m almost done!”

Bell has walked in on people before. She knows that the right thing to do is to close the door.

The owner of the bar does not close the door. “You need to leave, sir.”

Bell blinks rapidly. The woman’s having an emergency? Last she saw the blue bathroom was empty, so she can use that, but she understands not being comfortable with that. There’s a reason why she didn’t use that bathroom, after all. “Oh, OK! Let me just finish-”

“You need to leave now, sir. We don’t allow pedophiles in this establishment.”

In shock at the statement, Bell freezes. Her pants slip back down. When she realizes what has happened, she goes to fix it…

But the woman grabs her and throws her outside. The deep gnome woman feels new bruises bloom across her back. Still reeling from the impact, the bar owner’s voice cuts through the pain and confusion. “I found this creepy old man in the women’s bathroom!”

The warm buzz leaves Bell’s body in that instant, leaving her stark cold.

As the shadows of the other patrons swarm around her, she shivers, curling in on herself, hiding the body parts that are betraying her. She isn’t looking at them, so she can’t read what they’re saying, but the shift in the atmosphere is palpable.

Something is coming. Harsh footsteps reverberate through the wood of the bar’s floor. Bell whimpers, preparing for punishment.

But suddenly there is fear on the bar owner’s face. Bell tentatively looks. It’s Korra and Sadao. “What the fuck do you think you’re doing!?” Korra is demanding. She can see Sadao’s hands creeping towards his swords.

As she whips her head back to gauge the bar owner’s reaction, she realizes that she can see it too. “Men, especially not strange old men, can’t just be allowed to gambol around women’s bathrooms!”

Bell looks back. “Ah, yes, the bathroom: my favorite place to frolic,” Sadao deadpans.

The bar owner shakes her head. “Not men like you! Men who are sick in the head! Like him!” Her accusatory finger is like a sword of its own. Although she isn’t touching her—not anymore—Bell still feels her throat constricting.

That feeling only lessens a little when Sadao places his body between them.

“Well, then,” Korra declares, protecting her from the crowd behind her. “These strange customers are leaving.”

The duo tighten their circle. Bell, as shielded from the prying gazes as possible, puts her pants back on. It seems like it takes forever. When she’s done, Korra crouches down and offers her arms. Bell launches herself into them and buries her face against her friend’s shirt.

Korra is shaking. Bell knows that she is, but Korra is too. She looks up at her friend. She’s grinding her teeth, making the words difficult to read. The tone of the words, however, is apparent. When she checks on Sadao, his anger tell, spinning his swords, is on full display too.

She’s ruined their night.

“I’m sorry,” she tells them, swallowing a sob. “I know I’m creepy, but I just needed to use the bathroom….”

Impossibly, their features become warm. “Oh, Bell…” They tell her many things: She’s not creepy, she’s not sick, she’s a woman and always has been… There’s one thing they don’t say, though: They miss Siri.

It’s true, though: Their sorcerer is what they all identify as a power move. She always knows what to say, and, in the process, she always makes them feel more in control.

But Siri isn’t here.

“Siri isn’t here,” she catches Korra say. Then, Korra’s eyes widen as she declares it: “Siri isn’t here!”

Siri isn’t there to stop the druid as she transforms into a t-rex. Sadao assures Bell that they’ll be right back, and he follows his partner into the bar.

Bell, worried about her friends, climbs up a collection of boxes and peers through a window. The patrons are cowering at the t-rex. Korra is roaring and stomping and generally doing the things that elf-Korra wanted to do anyway.

It’s more acceptable when a t-rex does it, though.

Sadao walks in and raises his hands. The terrified people of the bar look at him. She catches his gaze. He adjusts his position slightly, so she can understand what he is saying.

“This is the trans rights t-rex!” the ranger announces. “The only way the trans rights t-rex will be calmed is if-” He points with one of his swords at the owner. “-the people of The Four-Fingered Handprint never evict someone for using the ‘wrong’ bathroom ever again!”

The people all turn expectantly at the owner.

Seizing his moment, Sadao ducks back outside and approaches Bell. “Would you like to finish what you started?”

The warlock woman cautiously nods.

And she uses the bathroom. It’s silent. But it’s a proud silence.

Wow does her body hurt, though. She explains as much to her family as Korra issues one last warning before reverting to her elven form. Korra smiles. “Good thing you’ll be riding in style.” And, under the moonlight, she scoops her friend up and shifts back into a t-rex, depositing her on her back.

Sadao’s eyes light up. “I see the trans right t-rex claimed some goods as part of the restitution,” he points out. As Bell tries to look, though, he smiles at her—wait—and asks Korra a question. “Am I correct in assuming that we’ll be enjoying these goods with the rest of the family?”

T-rex-Korra roars in confirmation. “Good,” Sadao says. “Because that place was shibad anyway.”

Bell gasps. That’s one of her words! “Shibad!” she whispers in wonder. “It’s a combination between shitty and bad..!”

The two smile at her.

And despite everything, the night ends up not being shibad. It’s still shitty, still bad, but it has a good ending.

Alternate Title: The Party Says Trans Rights.

I'll be back tomorrow with a Fire Emblem Three Houses fanfic! ^^

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
@Bowser's Family Vacation I was already super intrigued just by looking at that list. Serial child adopter? One winged baby dragon? Those are some quality characters. And the story certainly did not disappoint! well, except for its lack of dragons, but there was a t-rex so I guess I'll forgive you I love Bell and her enthusiasm and her word fusions, and I'm so glad she has such a wonderful supportive foundmily who won't tolerate transphobia from anyone! Those three have such a great dynamic. Also, trans rights t-rex is my new favourite thing, oh my god.

And now for the counterpart to yesterday: trans male day! Happy Pride to all the trans guys out there!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
Happy Pride Month! This story is to celebrate an unsung transmasc character important to TDWC--even if he's never directly appeared. Overall a very fluffy and positive story, but cw: slight mention of transphobia

“Dad! Dad!”

Blinking awake, Clasm yawned, having fallen asleep in a patch of sun-warmed grass outside his trainer’s house. Rising and stretching, the aging Combusken split into a smile as his son, Topaz, raced up to him.

“What is it?” he asked.

The Pikachu stopped short, holding out a small clover with four leaves. “I know it’s a couple days early, but… happy Father’s Day, Dad!”

Clasm took in the clover between two delicate claw-tips. The clover was vivid, green, healthy, and—oh!

“My goodness,” the Combusken said with unfeigned enthusiasm, “it’s got four leaves! Thank you! You know,” he continued, setting aside the gift, “a clover like this was how I fell in love with your other father…”

“I know, Dad!” Topaz’s put-upon exasperation didn’t hide his smile; he loved hearing the story, and his eyes glimmered with the expectation to hear it again.

Settling back in the field of grass, Clasm stretched again, his son settling in a few breaths away from him. “We were young,” he said. “I thought I was pretty strong—still do, matter of fact, but when I met Electrum, he just trounced me. Not even a chance.” He shook his head. “Nowadays, I’m well aware that there are other pokemon out there tougher than I am—but back then, it stung my pride pretty sharp. I was just an upstart Torchic; to think I was ever so green…”

He glanced sideways at his son. “You’re the spitting image of him, you know; you’re maybe a little smaller, a little sleeker, but you have the same eyes and the same fire in every step. While our trainers chatted, I skulked around the garden, and then I saw him approaching. I thought he was coming to rub it in, but then he just held out something…”

Glancing to the side, the four-leafed clover still resting on the rock, he was buoyed back on memory: the surprise he’d felt at the gesture followed by the embarrassment at how he’d been such a sore loser as the powerful Pikachu looked at him with an apologetic smile, his heart-tipped tail swaying in the dappled light. It was almost like Electrum was right in front of him again… how could something seem to have happened so very long ago while also feeling like it was only yesterday?

Stars above, when had he gotten so old?

“We made up then and there, and grew to be good friends,” Clasm continued. By now, he wasn’t sure who he was telling the story for anymore, his son or himself. “As our trainers continued to see each other, we did too, and eventually friendship became something more.” He sighed. “When Eagun took your other dad on those Championship journeys, I always dreaded the worst… he always came back, but after losing teammates in Alola and Hoenn, his emptiness… it was so hard to see him that way.” Clasm remembered the sadness, the way Electrum had wept—claiming that as team leader, their losses were his responsibility. It was something that had haunted him for a while.

“But he got better,” Clasm said.

“You helped him,” Topaz put in.

Laughing, Clasm reached over and tussled his son’s fur. “He helped himself. He was strong—way stronger than I could ever be. He would have worked through sooner or later. I was just a shoulder to lean on.”

“Mm.” Topaz leaned back, his eyes searching the sky. Clasm knew what he was doing—Electrum had passed not long after Topaz’s hatching, and the young Pikachu didn’t have any memories of his father. Stories like these were his main way of connecting to him.

“He’d be real proud of you, you know,” Clasm said. “You work hard to protect the village and the Relic, and you’re a natural leader, just like he was. When you mature a bit, all the village pokemon will look to you for guidance.”

“Yeah, but!” Topaz rolled over on his stomach, his cheeks sparking with frustration. “Every one of Rui’s team is stronger than me. Even Tama can throw down at my level, and he stopped being a battler a while ago! If I’m his son, why aren’t I as strong as him?”

“I’m afraid,” Clasm said with mock gravity, “that battle-wise, you took after your other father. Alas, you are only great, rather than literally the best battling pokemon of your generation.”

Topaz stuck his tongue out at him, but it was good-natured, and Clasm chuckled. “If it helps,” he continued, “even if you inherited my somewhat-lesser battle prowess, you also picked up my irresistible charm.”

“And your humility.” The two of them laughed, but then the delight on Topaz’s face faded, just a little. “You know, when people came for the service for Woodwind’s old trainer, one person had some out-of-town pokemon… we struck up a conversation and he was enthusiastic about learning who I was the kid of, but then he insisted that since Dad had the egg, he couldn’t have been, well, my dad.”

Clasm fought a growl from his throat. Right now the important thing was to help his son. “Well, there are some small-minded people and pokemon who—”

“Oh, I know,” Topaz said, cutting him off. “Don’t worry, I told him off then and there. He didn’t back down and almost seemed like he wanted a fight… then I asked him if he was sure, given my pedigree.” Topaz smirked. “He clammed up after that.” The smirk faded, and he glanced up, studying the clouds. “Dad was the strongest pokemon of the strongest trainer of their generation. He was one of the best battlers of all time! So why do some pokemon focus on silly small stuff instead of everything incredible he did? Can’t they just respect what he called himself?”

“What they think doesn’t matter,” Clasm said. He and his mate had both had difficulties in that regard before, but Electrum had been more than happy to pulverize anyone who doubted his identity, so little came of it. “Sometimes pokemon who are willing to listen might change their opinions, but even if they don’t, what’s most important is to focus on what you can you do, rather than the minds you can’t change.”

“Yeah. And he could do some great stuff, couldn’t he?”

“He sure could.”

The two of them leaned back in the grass, the wind stirring fur and feathers as they gazed skywards. From the corner of his eye, Clasm noticed Topaz reach one hand up towards the clouds. “Happy Father’s Day, Dad,” he said, his voice soft. “I hope I’m doing you proud.”

“You are,” Clasm told him, his voice equally soft, knowing the pride Electrum felt for their kid could never be in doubt. “You are.”

---

If you wanna read the story these characters come from, it's this one right here!

So this came from me wanting to do a story on a queer TDWC character outside of the main cast and also realizing that Father's Day is soon, so--enjoy Clasm and Topaz reminiscing about their mate/father respectively; Electrum, a transmasc Raichu who was the greatest battler on earth for his era!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
@Dee : Topaz is right! The transphobes are just jealous of the strength of self-love that trans people have, to be true to themselves, even when society medicalizes and criminalizes that truth. They're also salty that they'd get their asses kicked by Electrum. :P

Content Warning: gender dysphoria, menstruation.
Blood.

It’s too late. He runs into the bathroom anyway. It pools in the toilet bowl. He watches the water turn to red. It makes him feel dizzy. He knows why. He always feels dizzy the first day of his period, and most of the time- Yeah, his stomach hurts too.

Ingrid is so ahead of things. Ingrid put a clock in their bathroom. Ashe checks the clock. It’s 4 AM. He rubs his eyes. He can’t look in the mirror, not right now, but he just knows that his eyes are bloodshot. He shudders. Ah. He knows that’s the right word, but-

He didn’t bring a pad. He didn’t bring a pad, it’s 4 AM, there’s no light, he’ll bleed all over the floor, it’s 4 AM, he can’t go back to sleep, he’s dizzy, his stomach hurts, it’s 4 AM…

There’s a knock at the bathroom door. He closed it. At least he did something right. “Ashe?” It’s 4 AM on a Tuesday, and he woke up Ingrid. Can’t he do anything right? He wants to say something, anything, an apology, probably, he should apologize, but his voice is lodged in his throat, and he’s choking on his tears. “Are you OK?” No, it’s not OK to wake up your roommate of less than a month at 4 AM on a Tuesday! “I’m coming in.”

You’re what!? Ashe doesn’t have time to- Flush the toilet? Stop crying? Cover up? There’s no time, and it’s 4 AM on a Tuesday, and his roommate of less than a month is staring at his half-naked body. And then it hits him: I never told her. The Garreg Mach School of Peace allows opposite-sex roommates, and Ashe thinks he passes pretty well, just not during… his time of the month. And he was going to tell her! Just… After more than a month! And the story is spilling out of him, like the tears out his eyes and the snot out of his nose and the blood-but-no-it’s-actually-uterus-lining-plus-the-ovum out of his vagina.

And she’s gone. It’s 4 AM on a Tuesday, and his roommate of less than a month saw his half-naked body, and she’s never coming back.

It’s 4 AM on a Tuesday, and his roommate of less than a month saw his half-naked body, and he doesn’t care. He limps out of the bathroom, grabs his phone, then remembers to bring a pad too. He plants himself on the toilet bowl and calls Lonato.

He knows he can call him his dad, but at his worst times, he feels like he’s an imposter, just the kid who followed the man’s real son home and brought two other kids too. No, he can’t think about Christophe. It’s been years, but it still hurts. He didn’t deserve it. No one deserves to get shot in the back in the dead of night, but Christophe really didn’t deserve it, not Christophe, who saw him as a person, not as some beggar -no, he wasn’t a beggar, he was a thief… At some point, Lonato picked up. At some point, Lonato started walking him through breathing exercises. At some point, Ashe started breathing again.

Ashe told him everything.

“I’m sure your roommate doesn’t hate you, Son.” Son. It’s a little thing, but it makes him feel like he’s not… fake.

“I woke her up on 4 AM on a Tuesday!”

“It’s school. People have been woken up for less.” Lonato sounds so sure of that, and Ashe can’t help but wonder…

A new face enters the frame. His little sister, Ambre, rubs at her eyes. “You’re stupid,” she tells him.

“Ambre!” Lonato’s mad. Usually, she’s Princess. “You do not use that word on your brother!”

She puts her hands on her hips. Ashe catches himself making a remark about teenagers in his head and feels very old.

“You’re stupid for thinking anyone hates you, and they’re stupid if they do hate you.”

“Oh no, did I wake up Augie too?”

“Augie can sleep through anything!” Ambre insists, but she does so quietly. Just in case.

Lonato senses the undertone of his question. “And even if he did, Augie wouldn’t be mad.” And the thing is, he believes him. Augie reminds him of Christophe. In so many ways. And there he goes again, thinking about Christophe. He’s crying again.

He doesn’t hear the knock at the door. Lonato does. “I think your roommate wants to come in.”

“Do you have pants on?” Ambre asks. He knew he’d forgotten something! A clean pair of pants! He doesn’t want to put back on his soiled ones, but he owes Ingrid at least that much… If I answer the door. She saw that I’m alive. Maybe if I don’t answer, she’ll go back to sleep and forget about everything.

“Son, answer the door.”

But she deserves better than to have to deal with this. That is what Ashe thinks. What Ashe says, though, is, “OK.” He doesn’t end the video call, though. Just in case. Lonato will always lend him an ear, and soon Ambre will get bored and go back to sleep. Just like Ingrid should be- Stop that!

He opens the door, and it’s not just Ingrid. It’s Mercedes and Annette, and they have… cookies? Should he be eating cookies at 4 AM on a Tuesday?

He decides that he doesn’t care. With his mouth full, he can listen to what they, his dear friends, have to say. “I know we haven’t known each other long,” Annette is saying. “But we’re friends, and we know how much periods suck.”

“I made this recipe when Annette first got her period,” Mercedes offers.

Ingrid looks between nervously. “I don’t think he needs to know that much…” He really doesn’t, but he also doesn’t mind. From the first day he met Mercedes and Annette, he’s been astounded by how kind they are, how open. He admires that. He wants to be that open, he really does, but to be a trans boy is still really dangerous… Ashe knows all too well what an angry person with a gun can do. His roommate works to make eye contact with him. “I must apologize, Ashe.”

What? “No, Ingrid.” Oh. His mouth is still full. He swallows. He really can’t have Ingrid think he’s any more disgusting. “I’m the one who must apologize. I woke you up on 4 AM on a Tuesday, and you saw me half-naked.”

“That is true…” Before he can continue, though, she cuts him off. “But I left you crying! I just went to Mercedes and Annette’s room, since you’re way closer to them than I am, but you didn’t know that because I didn’t tell you. But when I came back in, you were talking to your father, and I realized that what I did could be interpreted as… as…”

The blonde looks to Annette for help. “Transphobic,” the redhead supplies.

“Yes.”

Blood rushes to Ashe’s face. “Oh… You… You heard that?”

“I know that a lot of people like you feel bad about their bodies, but I never suspected… Well, I didn’t know until today… And I never thought…”

Her execution is clunky, but Ashe understands what she means. “I usually don’t feel so bad about my body. Dysphoric. But I do during my… time of the month.”

“Is there anything we can do for you, Ashe?” Mercedes asks, and he feels like he wants to cry all over again. But for a different reason.

“Keep bringing cookies?” He doesn’t know what to do with this kindness. “Although maybe I shouldn’t. My stomach hurts.” And Mercedes is off like a light, saying something about a tea that helps with stomachaches, and Annette is changing his sheets, and Ingrid looks like a deer in the headlights, but she’s trying-

He gets a change of pants and closes the door to change. He remembers his phone on the ground. The video call has ended, but there’s a text from his dad: tmi from your friends but youre in good hands son.

Ashe believes it. Mercedes and Annette and Ingrid sit and talk with him until it’s time to actually get up on a Tuesday.
Three Houses has so much gay and lesbian content but a dirth of trans content. I picked Ashe because he is a good child, and I'm Team Blue Lions all the way!

Ashe canonically has a younger sister and younger brother, but I gave them names and personalities and stuff. Ambre is the alpha sibling. Augie loves animals and cuddles and his family. I also made him have intellectual disability because disability representation is lacking—never mind IDD representation. I headcanon Christophe, Lonato's biological son, as having intellectual disability as well. I decided to have that not only for the disability representation but also to raise awareness about the threat of violence—including murder—of people with IDD. In this modern AU, I decided to cut out the war, but violence still happens.

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
@Dee Oh, I love this! It's so cute and just such a great moment of father-son bonding! I didn't realize Topaz never had the chance to know his other dad, and that hurts, but I'm glad Clasm’s there to tell him all the stories. And I too am very proud of Topaz, he’s so good 😭

@Bowser's Family Vacation I'm still not very far into 3H, but I'm far enough to know that Ashe is indeed a good child and I love him! I feel so bad for him here, but it’s great that he has such good family and friends to help him out.

Today is agender day, the first of quite a few nonbinary identities we’ll be celebrating this month! Nonbinary is an umbrella term covering any gender identity that falls outside the traditional binary -- so, not exclusively male or female. Agender specifically refers to anyone who is genderless or gender neutral. Basically, having no gender at all!

Reactions: Dee

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Today we're celebrating genderfluidity! Genderfluid refers to someone whose gender identity fluctuates over time. The genders involved, the frequency of shifting between them, and the preferred pronouns can vary a lot from person to person, so any two genderfluid people are likely to experience it differently!

• Love
Reactions: Dee

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
This year has been a little hectic, to say the least, but I did at least find some time to indulge in some art of my kids.

Happy Pride, y’all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)