• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Showcase Pride 2020 Create-a-thon!

Thread Description
The Pride Month Create-a-thon is back! Come join us in being creative and celebrating the LGBTQ community!

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely tired.
Happy (early) Pride Month, Nuzforums! It's that time of year again... time to get creative and celebrate LGBTQ identities! This thread is for creating absolutely any Pride content you want, whether it be writing, art, music, interpretive dance... anything goes! (As long as it follows the forum rules, of course.) It doesn't have to be Nuzlocke-related, either! Other fanworks, original content, personal pieces, etc are all fair game.

Here's our calendar of identities to help inspire you (image made by the amazing @glancesherlock, who was a big help with getting the event organized this year) :

No need to stick to the schedule, though! I'll be updating the thread every day in June (likely around midnight Atlantic or Eastern time) to let you know what identity we’re celebrating next, but feel free to post content for anything on any day. I'll occasionally have some stuff of my own to share as well!

And of course, feel free to leave comments or praise as you like! This thread is for everybody, even if you're not creating, and even if you're not LGBTQ. Just be sure you’re respectful of other people, both their identities and their work.

Happy Pride!

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, it's officially June in my time zone, so let's kick off the event right now with gay day! Unfortunately I wasn’t quite able to get a piece ready for today, but I’m certainly ready to see any content y’all want to share!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"

Accept my humble meme as tribute.

And then my humble semi-canon Brotherhood chapter.

Content Warnings: internalized homophobia, ableist language, references to the cure narrative, references to wet dreams.

Apocalypse is not a new story. Tales of the end have echoed across the world—across the worlds, the old faith says—since the beginning. He knows Old Sinnoh’s—not that the people identified themselves as a precursor to anything else—story of apocalypse best: Ragnarök, the celestial war that creates a new world.

Or is it created?

The thing about stories is that they are just as easily memories as they are foretellings.

Paul digs into his memory and comes up with crumbs of other stories between his fingernails: the last avatar of Vishnu, Frashokereti, heat death. But, for stories so large, the scraps he has of them are infinitesimal. Even large pieces of the end of the world are impossibly small. He doesn’t know who Vishnu is. He doesn’t know how to pronounce Frashokereti. As for the scientists’ perspective, they haven’t decided if it’s going to be a heat death or a Big Freeze or a Big Rip or a Big Crunch or a Big Bounce or a Big Slurp.

It will be something Big.

The stories have that in common, at least.

His personal apocalypse is small. He has the biggest allegiance to Old Sinnoh because Reggie has the biggest allegiance to Old Sinnoh, but neither of them remember where that allegiance came from. One of the mothers, surely.

But the other mother believed in a different story. The scraps of her apocalypse are small but instead of being caked into his cuticles, they are as the lines of his palm: furtive notes, scrawled away. There are four horsemen: Death, Famine, War, and Conquest.

They are a sickness.

Malaise hangs over his family. A sickness of the body: Reggie and his mother. A sickness of the mind: him and Reggie’s mother. A sickness of the heart: their father. It is an uncomfortable association. His mother is dead; Reggie is living. Reggie’s mother is dead; he is living. It is an association. That is all.

They are a punishment.

It is selfish, he knows. The world does not end when his family does. Even still, he begs for mercy. His prayers drift up to Ásgarðr, to whoever resides there now, whether it be Óðinn’s generation or the godlings who watched Surtr’s inferno or Arceus and the divine eggs. He wonders, sometimes, if the rain from the sea fronts is the Æsir crying the tears he never did or if it is just condensation off of Yggdrasill’s leaves.

Paul would be OK with that. That would at least be natural.

Because that’s what these stories are. Everything has a beginning, a middle, and an end. The world is a part of everything. The mother used examples. Beginning: Wurmple. Middle: Silcoon or Cascoon. End: Beautifly or Dustox. Beginning: baby. Middle: girl or boy. End: woman or man. Beginning: a girl or boy alone. Middle: a girl meeting a boy or a boy meeting a girl. End: girl and boy together.

Reggie gave him the sequel to that talk when he got older: A boy and girl together make a baby. The cycle begins again.

But cycles aren’t like stories. Stories have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Cycles are as Jörmungandr, the World Serpent: everlasting, shapeless. Cycles continue forever.

Reggie seemed so excited by the idea: “Imagine that, Paulie! Someone made us, and we can make someone else!”

Paul knows that Reggie has imagined that. He has met girls. He knows Reggie thinks that he has met The Girl.

But Reggie will not create a new life before his life is extinguished.

And here is the life he nurtured, burning brightly, not wanting to do his part in the cycle. He is not the only one in the cycle. Everyone carries the burden. (He knows neither he nor Reggie were eagerly-anticipated babies.)

And, yet, here he is: A boy not meeting a girl.

No, that’s not it. Here he is: A boy meeting a boy. The story repeats itself. In Kanto, he met Lt. Surge. In Johto, he met Chuck. In Hoenn, he met Norman.

Ah, but those aren’t boys. Those are men. Replacements for the father he never had. He told himself this, even when he would wake up with wet sheets. He told himself this, even as it felt like a betrayal of the brother he did have.

But, then, Sinnoh happened. In Sinnoh, he met a boy. He met a boy who angered him. He met a boy who challenged him. He met a boy who broke cycles.

In Sinnoh, Paul Stenberg met Ash Ketchum.

That was when Paul knew he was in trouble. He started imagining a new story. Beginning: a girl or boy alone. Middle: a girl meeting a girl or a boy meeting a boy. End: girl and girl together or boy and boy together. Paul always thought the bug type metaphor was stupid. Why are the only options Beautifly and Dustox? What is a Kricketune? Then, what is a Kricketot? What about the bug type Pokemon that never evolved?

Apocalypse is not a new story. Neither, he reasoned, was this. He didn’t know what to call it, so he went searching. Searching for words. Searching for faces. Searching for a definition of the feeling that was undeniably inside of him.

Paul found words: declarations of criminality, examples of decadence, and sneers of weakness. Paul found faces: mugshots behind bars, people sitting atop generations of riches, and victims of plague. Paul found definitions: Homosexuality is “paraphilia.” Homosexuality is “sexual orientation disturbance.” Homosexuality is “ego-dystonic.”

Homosexuality is wrong.

In search for deliverance, the boy searched for stories. A disease that wiped out a generation of homosexual creatives. An obsession driving apart a marriage. Kids his age being murdered.

There was no story of a boy reuniting with the other boy, and the duo singing and dancing in celebration. “I have no use for rings of gold. I care not for your poetry. I only want your hand to hold-” the woman had declared.

“-I only want you near me!” the man had agreed.

He re-watched the scene over and over. Paul wanted a partner. A male partner. But… It was unproductive. They wouldn’t create a child. And because of them, there would be two women who couldn’t create a child. Reggie’s mother told stories of how people were made for each other. She talked about how fulfilling it was to have children. (They must have not been good children, for her to kill herself. He knows he wasn’t a good child, but Reggie was. Why didn’t Reggie balance it out?) Just because his mind was defective didn’t mean he could deny a healthy person that connection! It was selfish to do that. It was selfish to prevent people from being born. That was like killing in and of itself! Wasn’t it? But even if it wasn’t, he was singing and dancing with another boy, he wasn’t taking care of Reggie. If Reggie hadn’t taken care of him, he would have died. He was too young to live on his own.

But, most of all, Paul realized that it was unnatural.

That was why it was linked to crime and greed and weakness. It was not supposed to happen. It was an aberration.

He thought that information would have the power to purge it. He was wrong.

He feels unnatural because, despite all that, Paul still wants it. He wants it as much as he wants Ragnarök. Who knows what cures the new world will contain? Cures for Death, Famine, War, Conquest, and whatever sickness lingers over the Stenbergs? He knows that that hope is not unnatural.
So obviously this passage is full of internalized homophobia and ableism.

I hope, though, that the reasons for these conclusions of Paul’s are clear too: A sense of obligation towards Reggie, a lack of inclusive sex education, and the villainization of non-heterosexual identities in media. The stories we tell do impact our perceptions, and, thus, reality.

I hope this Pride Month Create-a-Thon will create some stories that challenge such narratives of “unnaturalness.”

Mane

The One With Too Many Projects
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Hello! I suppose I might as well start off. Hooray for pride month and black lives matter!

Speaking of, I'll be streaming from 8-5 tomorrow to raise money for a bail fund. Twitch link will go in my signature tonight. Without further ado, gay pride day! As usual my shit's gonna be. Heavy sometimes. This one comes from a Scott Pilgrim inspired Unova run I'd planned and is no exception, cw for internalized transphobia, detransition, and General Political Heavy.

The shop was as he remembered it. Quaint, like any cornerstore selling books, but bigger. That it was in the back of a small museum was still strange. .The boy who once called himself Crystal rubbed his fingers together, tears stabbing at the edges of his vision. Why did he think coming here was a good idea? He tried not to flash back to those brighter days with Sarah, getting in trouble for trying to climb on the Dragonite skeleton or being scared to ask the lady who ran the operation for directions. She'd always frightened him, he thought, with her broad limbs and giant poofy hair. A sad chuckle barely escaped his chapped, sore lips as he scanned the line of books in front of him. He didn't know why he was here. He didn't know why he bothered. Why had he even gotten out of bed that morning?

"Well, son of a bitch! If it isn't...Crystal..."

"I go by Craig,"
He almost spat, his voice dripping with a venom that he hadn't meant to use. A dagger of guilt ripped through his ribs and sheathed itself instantly in his heart, leaving a tight pit in its wake; she didn't deserve this.
"S-sorry,"
He sputtered in a vain attempt to quiet the chorus of angry voices echoing through his mind.

She looked him over with the wise, patient eyes that had so frightened him as a child. The other adults in his life were fooled easily. Play to what they looked for, wear anything even resembling the appropriate mask, and they'd look the other way. They'd pretend he was normal. But her...

"Still carrying that book?"
She inquired, her voice hurling a bevy of unspoken questions into the air between them.

"Y-yeah."
He gripped at the corner of his shirt, fingers desperate for something, anything to occupy themselves from the exchange he was trapped in.
"We. We uh..."
He didn't even know how to finish the sentence, honestly. What was she to him, now? What was he to her? He genuinely didn't know. All he knew...
"I...don't know. I don't think I'm in the right place...for her. For anyone."
He felt defeated. Broken. Like he did every time he'd looked at that damn book.

"Mmmhm. You must not think you're in the right place for you, either. "
Her voice was neutral, almost musing, but she sliced through every layer of obfuscation he'd been so certain to
"You didn't start wearing dude clothes again because you wanted to, did you?"
The weight of the last few months came crashing down. Immediately sobs were in their throat. Powerful, dry, heaving sobs. Turning away wasn't enough to hide them. A moment, then a hand on their shoulder.

"It gets better, Carlisle. Tell me what happened."
Suddenly she realized the book seller was wearing a mask too, and everything clicked. She offered a hug, and Carlisle accepted. And cried for a long, long time.

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
These are kinda old, but what the heck. I designed some cross-stitched Pride bracelets a while back. The one I'm modeling is my personal one. Demisexual/biromantic bbyyyyyy

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I have a few images planned for pride month, starting with a pair of my Sunlocke characters! Randall and Dan are very cute together, and I love them both.

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
@Spacey Forgot to reply to this earlier, but I LOVE that Tiff gif! So cute!

@Bowser's Family Vacation I will gladly accept the meme! Wish I had thought of posting that.

And I will even more gladly accept your chapter, because I love it! The way you weave real-world mythology into the Pokemon setting is really cool, and Paul's “personal apocalypse”, though it hurts to read about, is fascinating. I hope he can accept himself someday.

(Also, I see that HTTYD reference!)

@Mane Black lives matter! Streaming to raise bail money is a great idea.

This is a really interesting piece! I love “A dagger of guilt ripped through his ribs and sheathed itself instantly in his heart, leaving a tight pit in its wake”, it's a brutal but very effective line! I’m glad Carlisle’s found a supportive shoulder to cry on, at least.

@glancesherlock These look great! I especially love your own bracelet, as I'm also biromantic and on the ace spectrum.

@TheTRUEgge They are indeed very cute together! I love this art, it's adorable and the colours are so soft!

It's time for lesbian pride day! Or, in other words…

Well, I promised myself that this year I wouldn't write a bunch of things at the last minute and then ultimately not post them because I feel like they’re not good enough, but it looks like I’m doing it again anyway! I do have some pieces I’ll definitely be sharing, but they’re for later days, so I’m not sure yet if I’ll have anything this week. (Again, you don't need to stick to the schedule, I'm just doing that because I'm me)

That aside, though, I’m so happy to see all these responses to the thread already! Keep being wonderful and creative!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
I know I'm a touch late, but it's still the 1st in my timezone--pinky swear! This here is art of two characters from my ongoing Colosseum run, Cap and Kata. It was drawn by the inimitable @Seyuu ! Just enjoy them being flirty gay lads :>

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
@Bowser's Family Vacation : Ooh, I love this! That’s intensely relatable for a lot of people and perfectly underscores why things like this event are so important.

@Mane : Is that a trans Lenora?! There’s nothing from Unova I love more than seeing people’s interpretations of the characters and this Lenora is one of my favorites.

@glancesherlock : Bracelets! I have one that I got at my local town’s Pride back last September.

@TheTRUEgge : Bugs say gay rights!! They're cute!

@Dee : Espeon! And Hitmontop! I love them already and I know nothing else about them.

It's not quite the 2nd out here yet, but kip opened the day and my sleep schedule is hecked so I'll call it fair game.

I'll be writing about several different sources, much like what happened the last time I devoted significant effort to this in 2018.

This piece here features one of my D&D characters! More specifically, this stars Lyra, an air genasi wizard that I play in my Friday afternoon game. This takes place within her backstory, during her time studying magic at the Arcanist's Academy.

Content warning for vague descriptions of harassment.

Lyra Maier cast Prestidigitation again, now putting a small blue circle on the chair she was sitting on. Such little tricks were a great bit of entertainment, and it was extra helpful now, as Lyra sat impatiently, intent on distracting herself any way she could while waiting outside the healers’ office.

It’ll be fine, she told herself. She’ll be out any minute now.

Nevertheless, her mind continued to race onwards, worrying about whether Sylvia Altamura was fine. After all, it was still a fight Sylvia had gotten into, and even though she’d won, there was always the chance that Tyler had gotten her worse than it seemed.

She thought back to how that had even happened in the first place. Tyler Ingham had fairly recently come to the Academy from off-continent and clearly was intent not so much on an education as to find some noble lass to marry. That much had become clear from his first flirtings with her.

Lyra, of course, wasn’t interested, already being committed to marry Vasco Altamura once she had finished up at the Academy. She let him know that much and simply ignored or rejected further advances from him.

He didn’t need to know that Lyra wasn’t really interested in men in the first place and that she had agreed more because Vasco was a decent person. Being best friends with his younger sister Sylvia didn’t hurt, either.

Nevertheless, one day Sylvia was around when Tyler decided to try again, and she was not happy. She told him to try with actual nobility like herself, and then he instantly flipped to hitting on her, she tried to flee the situation, he followed, she punched him, and it was on from there. Really, it was kind of a blur for Lyra.

Sylvia won, that much was for sure. And Lyra was totally falling for her.

Her train of thought was interrupted by a familiar bespectacled brown-haired human girl walking out of the nurse’s office. Lyra leaped out of her seat and moved over. “You all right?”

“Yeah.” Sylvia adjusted her glasses. “I’m fine. Just a few… a few bruises, that’s all.”

“How did you even manage to do that?” Lyra was beaming. “That was awesome!”

“I… I don’t know. Just… I wanted to get away and he wouldn’t go away, and… I just lashed out like that… sorry about that.”

Lyra lunged forward, grabbing Sylvia in a tight hug. “Are you kidding?! That was amazing! Maybe this time he’ll take the damn hint that I’m not interested!”

Sylvia let out a soft chuckle as she returned the hug. “Maybe, indeed… I still can’t believe him.”

Lyra released herself. “Well… glad to know you’re fine.” She fidgeted a bit more as the two walked back towards the dorms. “Want to just study over with me for a bit? Maybe cool down?”

Sylvia looked back, a smile wide on her face. “Sure. I’d love to.”

Yep, Lyra thought to herself. Definitely in love.

Last edited:

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
So it's a little late but I figured I'd post a little something... well, okay, it was supposed to be shorter but then I kept going and now it's... 1396 words... but uh..............

I haven't written a story in years, but here's Tiff (from my comic Blooming Glory)'s "coming out" story! : 'D It involves other characters, too!
Content warning for homophobic comments

One evening, Tiff came home to muttering parents and a loud television. She dropped her backpack and peeked around the corner to look at the screen. The channel was set to the Places & People Network, and Blue Oak’s face was plastered all over the screen with a large, blinding news bulletin covering the bottom half.

“VIRIDIAN CITY GYM LEADER COMES OUT AS PANSEXUAL”

As Tiff was only nine years old and grew up in the tiny rural town of Azalea, her reaction to this headline was a tilt of her head. Her parents had already begun their discussion before Tiff could make a sound.

“Oh, great. I have respect for him as a gym leader, but... does he really need to share his perversions with the whole world?”

“Ugh, please don’t use that word to describe a 12-year-old child. I don’t want to think about it. Isn’t he a bit young to be making decisions like this?”

“You’re right. Why make a fuss over this now? Isn’t he too busy to look for dates anyway? He should just focus on battling and taking care of his city.”

Tiff hesitated. She had never heard her parents talk down on someone before, especially someone famous enough to be on the news. Just as she opened her mouth to greet them, however, her mother spoke once more.

“He should be considering his grandfather’s reputation before spouting off that nonsense. Can you imagine his shock if his grandson were to bring home a boyfriend?”

Hard stop.

“Boys can… like boys?”

The quiet, feeble statement made both parents spin their heads faster than she’d ever seen them move before. Her mother quickly got up from the couch. “Oh, Tiff! You’re home! Don’t worry about all this. How was your day?”

“Uh, it was fun! We collected acorns from the forest. But, um…”

“Oh, good! Did you bring them home? Let’s take a look at your Scout binder!”

Tiff tried a few more times to circle the topic back to the news, but they kept diverting her back. She came to the conclusion that they didn’t want to talk about it, so she’d try again another day.

🌱🌱🌱

But even the next day, while the Scouts were searching Ilex Forest for plants, her mind kept her on the topic, and how she had been told over and over again that it was only a crush if it was on a boy. Were they lying? The possibility scared her. All those times she felt butterflies in her stomach when she saw a girl, and all the times she was told it was impossible that it was a crush… Were they protecting her because it was bad and wrong if she liked girls?

A poke on her shoulder snapped her back to reality. She spun around and realized that her Scout leader - and new gym leader - was frowning at her. She leaped back with a squeal. “B-Bugsy! I’m sorry, I’ll-”

“Are you okay? It isn’t like you to space out like that.” He crossed his arms. “Normally I have to chase after you and keep you from doing something dangerous.”

“Oh, uh… Hehe!” Tiff grinned, her strongest habit to hide any and all displeasure she felt. Then, as she thought about it, she realized that even though Bugsy was only two years older than her, he had gone through a journey and worked on the same level as adults now. He was even Blue’s co-worker now. Maybe he would know what happened.

“Er, um… What did you think about the news about Blue Oak last night?”

He looked surprised, but it was quickly replaced with a soft smile. “I think he was very brave. Braver than I could ever be. And hopefully… more people can learn about themselves, and be braver because of it.”

“Braver…” Tiff found herself clutching her chest. She wanted to ask about girls. She wanted to ask if it was okay to like them and get butterflies around them. But the words got stuck in her throat as she remembered her parents’ words. Too young… family’s reputation… Not right…

Bugsy watched her curiously. When Tiff said nothing more, he turned around.

“Never be afraid to learn about things beyond what our parents know.”

With that, the young authority on bug Pokemon – and possibly more – clutched his hiking stick and left to catch up with the rest of the group.

🌱🌱🌱
Tiff shut the door behind her and fell against it, already feeling her eyes brimming with tears. She slammed her Rocket hat to the ground and covered her face with her arm.

How did it come to this? How could I let myself feel like this? No, no, no…

It had been a few months since she met Tori, her first co-worker friend. Tori was the first person to help her when she was crying over her parents kicking her out. Tori was the first one to hang out with her outside of work. Every time Tori smiled ever so slightly, Tiff felt a kick in the gut. She knew what this was. She knew it all too well.

So, one day, she felt confident enough to ask the typical preteen girl question: “So! Do you like anybody?” And that was when she found out that Tori liked boys. Namely, their mutual guy friend, Jake.

Of course she does. Why wouldn’t she? That’s normal… Tiff slid to the floor. Unlike me.

“I think he was very brave. Braver than I could ever be.”

Tiff lifted her head as she remembered her old Scout leader’s words from a year prior. Words spoken right after…

“I don’t care about people who think they can criticize my orientation!”

The day after Blue Oak’s pansexuality made region-wide news, every single news outlet surrounded the gym leader and asked him for further details and what his response was to people’s varied opinions. This time, Tiff was in the living room when it started. This time, Tiff heard everything.

“I am Blue freakin’ Oak! I can like anyone I want, and I’m not weird for it! Nobody should feel weird for liking any gender, different or no! You guys are the weird ones for caring so much about who some preteen is interested in!!”

Her parents chided her for laughing so hard. She still giggled every time she remembered it. Maybe it was the relief, or the straightforward way of speaking… but it was the first time she had ever felt like she was allowed to keep those butterflies that filled her heart.

At that memory, Tiff emerged from her hole and bopped her forehead. “Right,” she declared. “Right. There’s nothing to be ashamed of!”

And so wiped away her tears, left the room, and found Tori at her station. Although her friend’s eyes were covered by her hair, her alarm was obvious. “Tiff… You ran off so suddenly. Are you okay?”

“Yeah!” Tiff grinned. “Sorry, girl. I didn’t wanna worry you!”

“You just, uh… Do you…” Tori lowered her voice, “… like Jake, too?”

Ha! Of course it would look that way since she ran off like that! Tiff couldn’t help but laugh. “Nope, he’s all yours! Actually… I’m pretty sure I’m gay!” As Tori’s jaw dropped, Tiff put a finger over her mouth and looked up thoughtfully. “Or, wait, a lesbian? I guess? I’m still learning this stuff…”

Tori tilted her head, clearly astonished, but then let out a soft laugh behind her hand. “Huh. Okay. Cool beans. Guess that’s why you started the talk, right?”

Relief crashed into Tiff so hard she almost toppled over. It was okay! Tori didn’t treat her like a weirdo! She found herself tearing up again. It's okay.

“Yeah, kinda!”

“Well, then…” Tori smirked. “My turn. Do you like anybody?”

Tiff giggled and spun around with her arms playfully behind her back. “Nah!”

“Oh, come on, you got me to say mine and you don’t even like anybody?”

“Haha! I’m sorry, it was the easiest way for me to bring up the topic!”

“Seriously? No one? Not even your one friend you always talk about? What’s-her-name, Glory?”

“No! Nooo, don’t make things weird!”

As the two of them laughed, Tiff felt the butterflies return, but she didn’t reject them. This time, she welcomed them.

I don’t care about anyone criticizing my orientation, she reminded herself. I can be brave, too.

🌳🌳🌳

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
I just have a lil' nugget for today. Lowkey working on an original wlw YA romance urban fantasy novel (that's the best genre label I have for it). Here's a quick bit with my two mains:

Now and then I glance up from my book at Sierra. She's broken the silence, busy sharpening her arsenal of knives. Her face is hard set and tightened beyond normal concentration. With each swipe on the whetstone, her eyes wince, her lip curls, as though events from earlier still haunt her thoughts. There's an angry resolve there, a determination to find this guy at all costs.

Demon stuff is still unfamiliar territory. This isn't my place, I'm just peeking in through the window. I don't know how big this is, but I can do a little thing to help.

Wordlessly, I land a quick kiss on her cheek and pretend to go back to my book. The scraping stops for a few seconds before it continues.

She looks calmer.

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
@Dee I'm sure I've said this many times, but it bears repeating: I LOVE THESE TWO! That art of them is adorable!

@CasualGameFreak Oh my gosh, Lyra and Sylvia are so cute together! I love it.

@Spacey Hey, you should write more often, because this is great! I feel bad for what happened with Tiff’s parents, but I'm so happy that she's found herself some supportive friends. I love Bugsy and Blue in this too, especially Blue’s rant about his orientation! And it's a small detail, but I think it's really cool how you used those plant emojis to break up the scenes.

@YumeTsuki Ace content is a welcome sight on any day! Yume looks super cool and stylish, and I love the Eeveelutions (they even kind of match the pride shirt!)... the Umbreon is great with those fennec fox-like ears, and the Espeon is so fluffy and adorable!

@glancesherlock I love this! It’s short but sweet, or at least as sweet as things can be when there are knives and demons involved, haha. Definitely leaves me intrigued and wanting to know more!

Happy bi day! Today we're also celebrating disexuality, a similar orientation where the attraction towards each gender is distinct.

Mane

The One With Too Many Projects
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
I missed lesbian pride day cause I was wiped out from my stream! >_< I'm late but for lesbian pride have a cute interaction between two characters from a book I'm writing.

Lucy trudged into the teacher's office, too annoyed to maintain the illusion she kept up most of the time. With a strange sizzling noise, the air behind her shook and wavered as a pair of leathery black wings and a spiny tail seemingly materialized in its wake. She grew an inch or two, her face became less petite and perfect, and a curved pair of horns slid out from underneath her carefully maintained crimson hair. It didn't matter at the moment anyway-Ariel was her wife. No doubt she'd already have told the staff what Lucy was if they weren't already well aware.

"Lousy fucking angel,"
She muttered under her breath as she clambered into a seat, assuming the fetal position. The woman had objected to teaching a class with Lucy in it, so whatever was about to happen was definitely going to suck.

"Hello, Lucy?"
Her eyes watched the woman walk into the room, unreasonably large wings covered in down like clouds somehow failing to prevent her from fitting through the doorway. Lucy snickered at the thought.
"Hello, Teach."
She practically hissed, glaring at the woman as she took a seat and her wings retracted. Why'd she have them out...?

"I...understand you don't have the best relationship with your mother."
The woman began, her tan-colored face growing taut with concern. That was always the worst, Lucy noted in her mind. The ones who thought they knew her, who were convinced with a few kind words and a bit of patience she could be "fixed." The venom in her belly was already boiling at the thought, and she mentally prepared the veritable flow chart she'd assembled over the years but hadn't needed to use since she came to Brigid's for the first day of class.
"No, I don't,"
She spat back, wings stretching in a show of defiance (which drew the woman's eyes away from Lucy's, but only for an instant).
"I hate her. I hate her and nothing you can say will change that."

There was a moment of silence. Lucy found herself wishing this woman had found the decency in her to at least borrow one of the therapy dogs. If she really cared about me she'd have gotten one of the unicorn chimeras, she thought to herself as she suddenly realized how much she'd rather be burying her face in Hero's soft fluffy fur and petting him.

Granted, she'd rather be doing that than most things, and it would be kind of selfish to essentially steal a guidance councilor's partner. Was he a familiar? She realized she didn't know.

"Lucy?"
Lucy snapped back to reality, realizing she was staring at her hands and fidgeting her fingers. Instinctly she clenched her arms back around her knees and gave the woman a glare.

"Yes?"
She snapped in retaliation. Another pause.

"I...I don't know what the relationship you two have is. And if you hate her, that's okay. You don't have to forgive her."
For a moment it was like a flashbang had detonated in her skull. Lucy shook her head, pawing uneasily at her horns as her tail began to twitch, the barb at the tip flexing repeatedly as it did whenever she was afraid.
"...what?"

"You heard me."
The angel's face was deadly serious.
"You don't owe her anything. She left you, and whatever happened to you in her absence clearly wounded you in ways that you might never fully recover from."
Ariel paused,
"Though I hope you do. My point is, I am not her. I am not your mother. I'm not going to insist you call me step-mom or anything. But if you want me to be family, I'd be eager to prove myself to you. You deserve that much."
A gentle, patient smile.
"That's all. You do not owe forgiveness to the people who've hurt you, no matter what my possibly-creator says."
Lucy's body relaxed a bit, tears welling in her eyes. She nodded slowly.
"I-if you insist."
She didn't have a response for this! Nobody had ever said it before!

There was another pause.
"Wanna go pet one of the unicorn puppies? I can reserve them for an hour or two any time they're available."
Ariel gave a mischievous smirk.
"Being a teacher has perks~"

Verinth sighed, flipping again through the pages of the small copy of the Karma Sutra he kept on his person. It had been but two weeks since his husband left the palace to consult with an oracle, yet in that time it felt a year had come and gone. Surrounded though he was by the protection of attractive men (and one or two women) who were suspiciously in line with his preferences, each day that passed without the distraction of Grust's handsome face and gold hair felt as a hammer on his conscience.

"Not that you'd feel lighter in his presence," hissed a familiar voice from the corner of the room. Verinth didn't bother turning his head anymore; encouraging the serpentine schemer was a waste of time and energy.
"Sullen, are we? Second thoughts, perhaps?"
The teasing, banter-y tone of his voice veiled a razor-sharp threat to his life. That much had been made perfectly clear.

"How could I not?"
Was the only answer Verinth could drag from his hurting, heavy heart.
"I've been asked to conspire my husband's death. I don't expect the likes of you to understand."

Verinth rotated in his place on the bed just enough to see Jaque in the corner of his eye. The bard was far from above petty verbal sparring, even in dire times such as the present.

"You wound me,"
Answered the unflappable lamia, miming like a noble woman feinting in the sun. His red scales glittered in the room's natural light as the upper body of a human with rich brown skin lifted a hand to his forehead, forked tongue flicking at the air for effect before he abruptly straightened his spine.
"If I cannot be sure of your loyalty, you're of no use to me. I feel I shouldn't need to remind you how...disposable you are, in the grand scheme of things."
Verinth swallowed a lump in his throat, knowing the snake lad was right. How much Grust cared for him he wasn't sure, but he was a king, and a brutal one at that; he didn't take well to disloyalty or dissidence...real or fabricated.

"You needn't,"
Answered the bard, placing the holy book on the bed beside him.
"You've made it clear, my options are to be guilty of treason or to hang for it."

Jaque's face lit up in a toothy grin. That was one thing they had in common: a fondness for wordplay.

"Excellent,"
Jaque hissed, his tail undulating as he lifted his body higher to peer out the beautiful stained glass window,
"I should hardly have to explain what your goddess would think of your union."
He stabbed back, his words as the jaws of an apex predator affixed round Verinth's jugular,
"To a man who built her a temple on the broken spines of slaves and the dead."

Verinth couldn't help but flash back to that run-in in the temple when Jaque had first approached him.
"And I ESPECIALLY don't think I have to tell you what she'd do if she learned whose idea it was."
Verinth physically flinched.
"Sorry, boy,reform doesn't work if the evil you seem to redeem isn't interested in change. Your husband is evil. Nothing you can do will change that."
Suddenly Verinth realized that on the desk where he wrote poetry, someone had placed a rapier. It was sleek, elegant, with carvings and engravings and a hilt that glittered like gold.

"Wh-when did-"

Jaque cut him off, turning for the exit.
"It's a gift from one of my agents in the elven empire. Made specifically to kill humans. It would be a handy weapon were there any assassins in your husband's court, if you catch my drift."
The double meaning was clear and blunt: it was both to defend himself, and to do the deed they were plotting when the time came. Verinth's stomach churned. On the way out, Jaque turned.

"And cuddle with someone fuck's sake! You think the genocidal emperor made the captain of his bard husband's royal guard a gay prettyboy slightly younger than him with fluffy ears because he expected nothing to happen? By Regina, you're dense."
For a moment Verinth considered going back to the "Which god's inquisition is Spymaster Jaque actually PART OF board, but he was exhausted and it was entirely possible that comment was a red herring made specifically to waste his time.

Verinth flopped on his bed, muttering an incantation to conjure up a lightshow and summon for the help. He still felt wrong doing that but the last time he tried to cook for himself he almost got a poor half-elf executed.

Last edited:

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
So this is kinda weird to just randomly say, and I have no art to contribute, but I did just wanna say that I learned what disexuality is cause of this little event, and thanks to that, I finally found a perfect label for me after like 2.5 years of searching. So thank you~

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
@Mane Aw, that first piece has a really sweet ending. Yay for family bonding and unicorn dogs! The second one is super intriguing, there's a lot going on there that I'm curious about! Especially exactly what happened last time Verinth tried cooking...

@MouseWithADinosaurTail That’s wonderful! Disexuality actually wasn’t a term I had heard of either until last year’s create-a-thon. I’m so happy that you were able to find a label that fits through this event!

Today is polysexual day! Polysexuality is an orientation involving attraction to multiple genders, but not all. Not to be confused with polyamory, which we'll be focusing on later in the month!

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Happy pan pride day! Just in case you're not familiar with the term, pansexuality refers to attraction to all genders, or attraction regardless of gender.

Okay, I have a thing this time! It's not specifically for pan day, but I wanted to write something for Laurel and Maren, because I haven't done anything focusing on either of them for quite a while. So long, in fact, that I had some trouble writing this! I'm not 100% happy with it, but I figured it's about time I posted something anyway. Takes place not long after the ending of The Scientist. (No huge spoilers here, though)

CW for references to past abuse/trauma, although I think it’s fairly vague for the most part.

“Hydro Pump!” The man's voice is sharp and commanding, and she flinches away as it cuts into her. This is wrong, it's all wrong, she's not supposed to be here, not supposed to be fighting for these people --

“What are you waiting for? Do it!”

She tries, she really does, but she can't summon the water to her, it's all gone somewhere she can't reach, and the more she tries the more she feels like she might just crack and dissolve into dust, dry as the desert sand…

“Do it, Maren!”

“...Maren…”

“MAREN!”

She wakes with a start, gasping, floating on --

Water. There's water around her after all, steady and comforting, and Laurel’s voice is calling to her, so this must be... the tank in Saffron’s Pokemon Center?

No. Pallet. This is Pallet Town. This is on the coast, in the open waves, with her friends nearby in one direction and her family farther away to the other, but always there. This is safe.

She looks and finds Laurel on the shore, more distant than she expected the shore to be. Had she really managed to drift so far in her sleep? With a swift motion of her flippers, Maren turns and starts to propel herself back, covering the distance quickly.

“Are you all right?” Laurel calls out to her.

“Fine. Just nightmares.”

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“...No.” She's already doing her best to put it from her mind. That was all... well, not a long time ago, but it feels like it was, feels like it was some distant lifetime that didn't really belong to her, because now she’s far away from there, and things couldn't be more different.

The Venusaur nods, understanding, but Maren’s more than close enough now to see that she doesn't look happy.

“I'm fine,” Maren insists.

“Yes, but what if you’d drifted all the way out to sea in your sleep and nobody was around to notice?”

“Oh, I wouldn't worry about that,” the Lapras says, surprised. “Even if it did happen, I could handle it. You know how far I can swim.”

“But I would worry,” Laurel says, eyes wide, as if she’s shocked it needs to be said at all -- and of course, how could Maren not think of that? Laurel takes her role as team leader very seriously. She’s only grown more protective and vigilant since they've settled into Pallet, as if she doesn’t quite know how to lead a team when the team is scattered all over, as if the remaining members might disappear if she so much as turns her head (and considering the involvement of a certain god, that's actually quite plausible).

And if Laurel is extra committed to making sure that Maren, specifically, is safe, and is willing to break that usual calm image to admit those worries to her, specifically... well, it says a lot.

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you worry. I'm sure it must seem strange to you, the idea of sleeping on the open water. But I've missed it so much.” Missed isn't even nearly the right word to describe it. Maren would have died if she couldn't have this, and she almost did.

“No, I understand!” Laurel says quickly. “Of course I do. It's just... you seem so far away, sometimes.” She casts her eyes down to the sand, as if it's become too difficult to watch the waves.

“That's how I feel, sometimes,” Maren admits. “Like my mind starts floating away no matter where I am. But you help keep me from drifting too far, so I'm glad to always have you as my anchor.”

Laurel looks back up, that radiant smile of hers finally starting to return. “That… that means a lot. It really does. You know I'm here for you, anytime you need me.”

“And I'm here for you too,” Maren promises, smiling back as she finally reaches the shore. “As much as I love the ocean, I don’t want to spend all my time out there. I’ve learned that the land can have plenty of appeal, after all.”
Someday I will get good at writing endings to pieces. Today is not that day! Overall I think this turned out okay, though.

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Today we're celebrating omnisexuality! This is an orientation similar to pansexuality in that it involves attraction to all genders, the difference being that pansexuals are gender-blind while omnisexuals do take note of gender.

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
Whew, I've been exhausted. Been trying to write but not enough inspiration to finish anything. My brain can't conjure ideas right now I guess! Anyways thank you @cyndakip for inadvertently helping me realize that I am diromantic lmao and also this is a picture I drew back in January that I should have just posted on the 1st, let's see if I can get something for pansexuality day before we hit ace day so I can feel caught up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)