• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke Post Your Graveyard.

Thread Description
Rest in peace, to all mons who never made it.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Diamond Nuzlocke Graveyard
My bloodiest run so far, 17 dead comrades, a new record it seems (until I broke this record with my White Wedlocke run). Some sad stories are about to come, how I lost almost every pokemon I loved in this run (except my Bibarel).

By order of demise:

Tremor the Geodude (lvl 8-14 Male):

My first death was of course, a silly one. I kind of liked you, yet you were killed by a Psyduck Water Gun from full health... Not sure why I was thinking it wouldn't have water attacks yet, but you paid the price for my mistake.

Rumble the Shinx (lvl 3-14 Male)

My first really painful death, a pokemon I was very much waiting to love for the entire game. You also died in a very silly way, from a Pachirisu Bide in a double battle because of a mistake I made of hitting the wrong Pachirisu by accident (and getting it to about 1 HP before it got his payback). I really hope I'll get another Shinx in some future play.

Muse the Beautifly (lvl 10-20 Female)

My first heroic death. You died by Gardenia's Roserade after finishing her first two pokemon in an awesome battle and almost finishing her as well. A paralyze in a critical moment stopped my Morning Sun from self healing and you were taken from me by a leech seed. I probably risked you too much but it was only because I believed in you.

Abbess the Staravia (lvl 4-21 Female)

One of two very painful deaths given to me but Jupiter's Skuntank. For some reason every time I played Diamond Team Galactic found a way to really hurt my team, much more than any of the crime organizations in other games. Anyway as you can guess losing a Staravia in Diamond really sucks. To be honest I never really connected to Abbess always feeling like she is not an interesting pokemon because everyone uses this evolutionary line. I only learned to appreciate her after she was taken away from me. She was killed by that Skuntank using a Nighslash and critical hitting me of course.

Chrome the Shellos (lvl 8-17 Male)

You were also killed against Jupiter's Skuntank. I was desperate. The battle was looking really bad so I had to choose you. That beast Nightslashed you to death from full heath, while I was trying to kill it with my Mud Bombs. Sorry friend, at least water types weren't my problem in this game, still you were a good pokemon and you'll be missed.

Panic the Gastly (lvl 12-15 Female)

Just after the Skuntank slaughter I tried to pull myself together and immediately went to grind with my new team. To keep playing right after you lost two pokemon is a recipe to lose even more, at least for me, as the adrenaline is still high and mistakes are easy to make. You were killed by a Shinx bite, right after losing so many loved ones. Damn it, why didn't I remember this move. At this point after so many mistakes that led to the deaths of my mons, I started feeling this run will feature many more needless deaths, and of course I was right.

Order the Bronzor (lvl 14-21)

You were killed by a Machop Revenge, a deadly deadly move. Too risky of me I know... Lost it just before the fighting Gym of course when I needed it the most. I admit I never connected to your bizarre lifeless appearance, but you were a solid pokemon with great potential that's for sure.

Dagger the Stunky (lvl 14-21 Male)

Perhaps it will sound weird but I really had great hopes for this guy and was really connected to him. When I first caught him I was just really thrilled. I lost him in quite a sad way: I was fighting a deadly Kadabra that got most of my team to quite low health and I was getting desperate. I switched to this guy thinking I'd be saved by the fact it is dark. Then he used Miracle Eye (A move I admit I didn't know of), and finally crushed me to death. Sorry buddy, I really liked you.

Melancholy the Crobat (lvl 5-33 Female)

I had a love and hate relation with this girl. I always felt using her was just too obvious as I won way too many games with this Zubat line pokemon. Yet, over time I learned to love her, appreciate her abilities and her flight, and really started connecting to her. She totally saved me against Maylene and at that moment we really bonded. Then, I lost her. She was killed by a Raichu Thunder, stupid me in a double pokemon battle, my guys were wounded and I was desperate so I sent her out hoping she will outspeed her enemies. I loved you, I hated you, you saved me, rest in peace.

Lemon the Pikachu (lvl 20-24 Female)

I know it's not a surprise in this pokemon forum, but I really like Pikachus, and even more than that I love Raichus! But this girl never got to that. I lost you in a classic Nuzlocke way, by a Floatzel Pursuit when switching out trying to level you. Bye bye little yellow one.

Umbra the Sneasel (lvl 34-35 Female)

If you thought it was hard till now, we were only getting started. From now on the really painful deaths are coming, both emotionally and level-wise. You looked so awesome, yet I lost you so fast. Killed by a Bronzor critical hit Gyro ball... Rest in peace, you were supposed to be my sixth member of the elite four (before I lost almost all of the rest anyway), and I even kept you even though you were timid.

Highland the Torterra (lvl 5-49 Male)

My most painful death in this run without a doubt It is always painful to lose a starter, especially at such a late point in the game just before you need it the most. You saved me against Roark and Fantina and were generally just great. I almost never pick the grass type, but I never regretted picking you for a moment. You were killed in a very epic way, by Dialga using roar of time. So close to the end, I lost you my beloved friend, my rock, my mountain. I'll always remember you buddy.

Sol the Rapidash (lvl 18-54 Male)

It is such a painful thing, in so many aspects, to lose a pokemon so close to the end. In the final battle against Markus, just before the elite four not only I lost two pokemon, but they were my two best pokemon battle-wise. My Rapidash was one of them. This guy has been with me for so long, and was just so, so awesome. I love fire types, and as we all know there are so little of them in this game, which made me love Sol even more. You helped me in many gym battles including Byron and Candice and in many other important battles. You were killed by a critical hit by Infernape...

Mantra the Medicham (lvl 13-58 Female)

Yeah, this was my second lost. She was so versatile, a perfect pokemon for the elite four with many useful moves against many different enemies. You saved me against Byron, Candice and Volkner and generally just kicked ass. I lost you to that same evil Infernape of Markus damn him! I hope he rots in starters' hell. You were a true warrior.

Zephyr the Pelipper (lvl 29-60 Male)

And now we get to the elite four deaths. These always seem less painful to me as I feel these guys still made it to the elite four. I didn't lose any of my pokemon until finally the battle against Cynthia, in which I lost three of my team members. It was truly an epic battle, and with my team of survivors (check this graveyard to understand how many of my good pokemon died and guess which team I had to work with) I was quite shocked I even made it. Zephyr was a late game addition, as many of my final team. Still he was quite useful, and took me from place to place, and eventually I learned to love him. Like all my other final team he really pulled his weight in the elite four battles and I used it in every one of these battles. He was killed by Cynthia's Roserade. Good bye my friend, your place in the hall of fame is secured.

Pupkin the Shiny Graveler (lvl 46-60 Female)

A shiny! My revenge shiny even, as in my SoulSilver game I also got a shiny Graveler but it used self-destruct... Not this girl though, as I used a Master Ball against her! At first I thought I won't use her, but I just can't say no to shinnies! And such an orange big pumpkin like you especially. You were killed by Cynthia's ace, her deadly deadly Garchomp. To be honest you were cannon fodder to heal my Abomasnaw so I will even have a change against it. Thank you for the sacrifice, you will be remembered. Shiny!

Carapace the Wormadam (lvl 7-59 Female)

But before I switched to my Abomasnow for some reason I thought this girl could save me. This pokemon has been with me for a very long time, caught in the Flowery Meadow using honey of course. I never truly gave her a chance until I lost so many pokemon that I had to, but I was fond of to her uniqueness plus Steel is a very powerful type. I wasn't very connected to you but I still liked you. You were also killed by her monstrous Garchomp. Goodbye my friend, you were the last sacrifice I had to make before reaching the top, and I thank you for that.

PageEmperor

Currently busy grinding in my nuzruns and studying
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
Spag the Beedrill
Died to a Coach’s Meowth outside Mt. Moon. I don’t know what I was thinking when I decided to battle him.

Filah the Pidgeotto
Died against the rival on the boat, forgot to which of his mons.

Squeeki the Pidgeotto
Sacrificed in order to get past the Electric leader.

Pidge the Pidgeotto
Died in the Dark cave, forgot to what.

FOX.exe the Ninetales
Got killed by an Electabuzz’s Thunderpunch in the Fighting dojo.

Beef the Jigglypuff
Was stabbed by a trainer’s Rhyhorn on Route 8.

Jayla the Slowpoke
Was murdered by a Bird keeper’s Dodrio in Route 18. I don’t know, I just thought she could handle it...

Hydro the Hitmonlee
Died to the 2nd Snorlax. Yeah, a mon I raised him to counter and he dies against it. He did fine against the first one, I guess this one somehow had better IVs or something.

FINLAND!!! the Staryu
Was obliterated by a Pinsir from a random trainer on maybe route 14. Maybe I should have just evolved him instead of waiting for him to learn all his moves...

Bus the Onix
Fell to a Mime in the Psychic gym. This wouldn’t have happened if Iron tail hit it...

Hopefully nobody from my current rotation dies for the rest of the run.

Shenon the Manectric
Died against a Girafarig. It went like this, Girafarig used Psybeam, Manectric got confused and hit itself, Girafarig used Zen headbutt and deals tons of damage to the red zone, Manectric higs itself and dies.

Claude the Skarmory
Died while grinding against a trainer rematch’s Medicham. It lived Fly on a sliver of health, and destroyed him with Reversal.

Yeah, only 2 deaths.

Last edited:

celebrandas

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ice, Steel
These are my current losses in my blind run of Rocket Strike. All of them were in the second rival fight, who I just learned is just slightly weaker than the first gym leader... and they also had a Magnemite before anything gets any fighting type moves.

OwO the Caterpie: I'll admit that I switched him in as a sacrifice to try and heal some others, but I thought he would be able to take one hit instead of just dying right on the switch.
Stereotype the Rattata: I took a hit from an ember that did more damage than the previous one. The first ember only did 9 damage, but the second did 11-ish.
Raidramon the Blitzle: Honestly, I'm still mad about this one. He was almost at full health, but a lucky crit from the rival's STAB ember took him out.
NotFeebas the Magikarp: This one was an OHKO on a crit. I wasn't expecting a random fully evolved mon in a random trainer battle 3 levels higher than the other trainers in the town. I had to sacrifice him to have a safe switch-in for my Swellow to finish off the Slowbro.

Last edited:

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Before I post My Red 152 Wedlocke HOF I'll post the run's graveyard first. Credit to surfe for the hack. Naming scheme is mons relating to the mon I caught whether by type or design

Infernape the Aipom
Died to a Whismur. I dunno, I sped through the battle thinking Low kick would come through but then boom, dead Aipom.

Caterpie the Ledyba
Died while grinding to a random wild in the forest.

Rowlet the Hoothoot
Died to the Rival, maybe against his Quilava.

'Blender' the Kecleon
Unless the programmers creat a mon named that the only exception to the naming scheme. Died to someone in route 6, forgot who or what mon.

Pangoro the Spinda
Forgot what she died to. Maybe the Electric leader. Which is pretty bad, I enjoyed having her around...

Swadloon the Beautifly
Died against a Flaaffy. Why I thought I'd get through, I thought Silver wind would kill, and crit Thundershock happened.

Joltik the Ariados
Died to Counter from a wild Heracross...

Crawdauntless

Bless Pokefusions for personifying my GMing
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
They/Them/Their
Pokémon Type
Water, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is often found bouncing between things it cares about, doing a lot on one at a time before dropping it just short of completion.
So far, I have lost two Pokemon to critical Selfdestructs from the Geodude line. The RNG on that is absurd and it makes me salty, but here we are I suppose.

RIP Aislynn the Machop and Skylar the Bronzor

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
I suppose I might as well post my UCL gen 2 run's graveyard - It's an interesting one.

Carla the Slowpoke (8-13) and Tom the Goldeen (10-16):
These two died in the same battle, due to the same mistake, so I'm grouping them together. I was training Carla up against a Camper at Route 35, not paying a lot of attention, when his Marill began building up a Rollout. Naturally, I didn't notice until right when Carla died, at which point I sent Tom, who followed suit. Thankfully its next blow missed, and I was able to take it out. That was dumb of me, sorry guys.

Bart the Krabby (10-18):
I had a fairly decent plan for Whitney, involving dropping Miltank's accuracy with Mud Slap, putting it to sleep with my Poliwag, and Vicegripping it to death. It all went accordingly... until Miltank woke up immediately and squashed you with two consecutive Stomps. Sorry I couldn't do anything to help.

Quentin the Poliwag (10-18):
As soon as Bart died, I sent you back in to hypnotize Miltank again, but you missed and Miltank crushed you with another Stomp. I swear, Miltank is way OP for that stage of the game... anyway, we did beat it by burning it to lower it's attack, I just wish I'd thought of that earlier so neither of you had to die.

Damien the Wooper (6-18):
I had a really bloody earlygame, in case you couldn't tell. This one was just after Whitney. I rushed into the Burned Tower in search of a new catch (a Magmar who lived till the end), only to get blindsided by a rival battle. You had to face off with his level 22 Croconaw, and you unfortunately fell to it. Your sacrifice wasn't in vain, as we managed to beat it afterwards, but it's a shame you had to go so soon.

Chris the Chinchou (20-21)
I was really excited for this one, as he'd be a decent water type counter, and with our type composition we couldn't get a lot of those. Unfortunately, he died to a Sailor's Machop at the Glitter Lighthouse not long after being caught. A shame, really, even if I didn't get too attached.

Tania the Tentacool (20-28):
Caught around the same time as Chris, I wasn't particularly excited about her at the start, but she was a good pick to fill out the team. Unfortunately she got killed at the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany Town, by a Koffing using Selfdestruct. Just two levels before evolving, too...

Marty the Gyarados (10-30)
This one is probably the one that hurt the most. Marty had been one of the few earlygame survivors, and I'd carried him a good way through the game. When we had to take on the Rockets at the Radio Tower, Garrett, my Golduck, was my main weapon against Koffings with his Confusion, at least until we ran into Admin Petrel (technically nameless in GSC). His team of 5 Koffings and a Weezing started whittling down Garrett's accuracy, so I had Marty step in to take out just one of them. Unfortunately, the Koffing didn't die in one hit, and proceeded to blow Marty to smithereens. Garrett then came back in and wiped the floor with the rest, but the damage was done. I still miss you, buddy, hope you're doing well wherever you are.

Yui the Tentacruel (20-46)
Coming in as a replacement for Marty, Yui lasted until the Elite 4 and was the only death there. I'd planned for her to be a player in the Bruno fight, but I had no idea how instrumental she'd be. Hitmontop and Hitmonchan had been taken out by Garrett and Daria (my Kingdra) respectively, and when Hitmonlee came up, I sent Yui. I set up a Barrier, and at the same time Hitmonlee used Swagger on me. I put this simultaneous attack/defense increase to use by decimating both it and the following Onix. When Machamp came out, Yui hit it with a Sludge Bomb, but it barely didn't KO and Machamp retaliated with a devastating crit Rock Slide. Yui's defense buff was useless, and she died in the rubble, but her memory shall live on in the Hall Of Fame.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Man @Alan900900900 Whitney sure wasn't easy on you. Really interesting graveyard.

Pokemon Pearl Soulink Graveyard (An awesome soul-link run I did with @estralita )

This graveyard was part of a Soul Link and therefore many of the deaths were caused by the soul link and not direct death. The nicknames in this run according to story are all different vices. A few nicknames were duplicates, I dare you to make a list of 30-40 vices!

Torpor the Bidoof lvl 3-6 Female

Died from a Soul Link to a fellow Bidoof, who died grinding for the first gym battle. Not much to say about you. You are that early silly death that you often don't care much about, only technically I wasn't the one who killed you. Was I too sad when you died? Probably not. Still, as my champion and MVP of my Diamond run was my amazing Lumber the Bibarel, I will show you the proper respect. Rest in peace potential beaver friend.

Anger the Geodude lvl 5-19 Female

Died from Soul Link to a fellow Zubat who died from a Shinx Spark. In our game we weren't able to evolve through trade, so Anger could have been at max a Graveler. And I know some of you don't appreciate the strength of such unevolved mons, but I have taken many of them all the way to the end, and my love and appreciation for the Geodude line is pretty grand (anyone who used one in Johto can understand). Anger, you saved me from Mars' evil cat which is a known run killer, and you were taken in the prime of your rocky life.

Shyness the Shiledon lvl 20-21 Female

And then it was time for me to kill something. Something both me and my soul linked partner worked very hard to get, our Fossil mons. Getting the fossil mons in this game meant hell for me. It took me at least 3 hours to find the damn thing in the dark tunnels of the bizarre mini game of gen 4, known as The Underground. I was very close to giving up (like I did on some of the evo-stones we later needed like a Thunderstone for my Pikachu) but when I finally found it I was thrilled. And then, in a classic Ruby mistake, I lost her while grinding. Poor Shyness barely hatched (or whatever revived fossils do) into the world, and I straight away sent her to the battlefield. She died grinding against a Meditite Bide... I thought I'd kill it on time. I was wrong. Return to where you came from you poor revived beast. I hope the scientific world forgives me for this loss.

Ruthless the Misdreavus lvl 17-23 Male

Died from Soul link to fellow Misdreavus. I really liked him, though I almost killed him myself way more than once (from Pursuit among other things). Still the final blow came from his soul partner. I never really got to connect to you enough, mainly just feared for your life. We are both free from worries now spirit. Good bye. May I take your fellow Misdreavus in another run further than I took you.

Cowardice the Shellos lvl 9-24 Female

Another death I inflicted on our teams. Poor Cowardice died from a wild Geodude self-destruct in route 210, a common death for my pokemon sadly... And it is not that I wasn't aware of this danger, I just, forgot for a moment? When I got you I didn't really like you that much. I already had my water starter, and I mainly took you in as your soul partner was useful for my soul link partner. To my surprise you had a wonderful move set with your Ground moves and Water Pulse and you were really useful, and over time really grew on me. I'm sorry you had to go in such a miserable way. Good bye.

Boorish the Sudowoodo lvl 16-24 Male

Died from a Soul Link to a Chansey. Honestly, I just loved him, and I was kind of crushed when I was told I must box him the graveyard box. He was so useful against flyers, something my team at the time had a major problem against. It was quite a painful death, but mainly because of the potential he had and not the connection I made with him. I admit, also the coolness factor of using Sudowoodo, that damn pokemon who I hated as a child playing Johto, charmed me. Farewell you fake tree and true warrior. I salute you.

Rashness the Staravia lvl 3-24 Male

Died from a soul link to a Kricketune. You might be fooled to see such a pokemon who was with me from the start die, and think it was a painful death. Honestly, it wasn't. This fellow spent quite a lot of time in the box, and we only got him out after we lost Booirsh and his partner. True, the death came very quickly after that which kind of sucked, but honestly I had Prodigality my Crobat who I loved so much more in the team who was a much better Flyer. So I'm sorry Rashness, in many other games your type gets much more well deserved respect. Farewell.

Remorse the Floatzel lvl 7-28 Female

Died from Soul Link to fellow Buizel. Yeah, you were nice and grew on me, but I really didn't feel much Remorse when you were taken away from me. I honestly mainly kept you so my soul linking partner will have a water type as I had Vanity my Empoleon starter. Still she was quite nice and her Crunch and Pursuit saved me against more than one deadly Kadabra, and for that I owe her much.

Apathy the Ponyta lvl 19-31 Female

Died from Soul Link to fellow Ponyta. And now comes the really painful deaths. First is Apathy my Ponyta. I had an agreement with my Soul Linking partner that each of us will take a pokemon the other doesn't really need, in order to do the best of both teams. These Ponyta soul pair were her "punishment" mons as she had a fire starter or her own (pun intended). Still this is Sinnoh, and you grab every fire type you can like it is the last. Cause, well, it was the last. Apathy was a bit fragile, but her fire attacks were like a warm very welcomed wind on a cold day. Ride away my flaming friend.

Apathy the Meditite 14-34 lvl Male

The death I brought upon us, this wasn't as painful as the last Apathy, but still the feeling of losing a really useful pokemon sucked. Again it was connected to a chingling, a pokemon my soul linking partner really didn't like, but the chance of a powerful fighting type was really meaningful for my team so I chose him as my punishment pokemon. You died from a high kick which you failed then a critical hit by a wild Gastordon in route 218. A risk I took knowingly as I thought was very unlikely (which it indeed is), and paid the price. It is true that later I got Vulgarity my Rioulu and you were replaced by another no less talented figther than you, but still losing you hurt quite a lot, and I even never got to evolve you.

Envy the Roserade lvl 4-43 Female

Died from a Soul Link to a Starpator. The last death of this run, and the most painful one. I had Envy with me since the very beginning of the game when she was just a little sprout. Along with my Prodigality, both of which evolved through happiness, I always felt she was part of the core team, even more than my starter. You proved your worth against Crasher Wake, and you were generally a very reliable pokemon. Good bye my dear, every flower must wither I guess. I already miss you.

Last edited:

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
My Pokemon Soul Silver Graveyard (My first ever completed Nuzlocke, three years ago):

By order of demise:

Avalanche the Graveler (Lvl 3-28 Female):

You were my favorite, my third catch, my strongest mon, and the only reason I stood a chance against the evil cow called Miltank. I lost you to a metronome of a trainer Clafery bringing a critical hit water attack. It came out of nowhere. I just stared at the screen for a minute.

Dawn the Ratatta (lvl 2-15 Female):

You were my first [as I wasn't allowed to keep my first based on my rules], yet I never gave you enough credit or believed in you enough. Lost you in the wild trying to train you, to a critical hit from a Drowzee. I pushed you beyond your edge, a mistake I make quite often.

Moon Claw the Nidoran (lvl 12-15 Female):

Again, a mistake I made too many times in this game, I pushed you beyond your ability while trying to train you. Lost you to a wild Raticate's hyper fang critical.

Paladin the Machop (lvl 13-16 Male):

Lost you to a battle against Eusine I wasn't expecting. Honestly I used you as cannon fodder to save the rest of the team. I had great hopes for you, sorry buddy.

Lullaby the Drowzee (lvl 12-14 Female):

Did I mention I pushed some of my pokemon too much while training? Probably a Noobie mistake, yet here it happened again. Lullaby set for a long time in the box until I decided to give her a go. Unfortunately I felt like a wild lvl 14 Meowth is something she could handle. He fury swiped criticaled her to oblivion from full health.

Sorceress the Slowpoke (lvl 8-30 Female):

A painful one... Caught you back in the Slowpoke Well and had huge faith in you. I surfed on your back for many miles, and already imagined what an awesome Slowbro you could be even though all the NPCs around me joked on how useless your kind is. Killed by the notorious Magmar Electrabuzz couple, as I got to them a bit wounded and run out of pokemon who weren't weak to electricity.

Vault the Pineco (lvl 10-29 Female):

Died from a Graveler self-destruct while I was trying to replace some of my team for new ones getting ready for the last part of Jhoto. I knew I should be more careful against those, yet for some reason it didn't occur to me at that exact moment. A classic Nuzlocke mistake.

Primordial the Tangela (lvl 23-32 Male):

You know, they warn you about those self-destructs and you really do your best, but you don't hear enough warnings about the demon of Nuzlocke, Wobbuffet. I was trying this guy after giving it Giga Drain in the dark cave, happy as one can be, killing those rock types all by myself and leveling up pretty fast. Then, I meet this bizarre blue guy I vaguely remember form the TV show. "Cool, lets kill it!" I thought to myself. Oh how naïve. It's impossible combo of no switch, all damage gets back at you, and if I die you die, worked quite well... I never saw it coming. Had one of those known "that didn't happen, there must be a Wobbuffet clause or something" Nuzlcoke moments, but pretty fast grabbed myself together and accepted it and moved on. He was supposed to be the final member of my 6 team for the elite four. 1 level before ancient power and evolution you were taken from me.

Shah the Gyarados (lvl 11-42 Male):

The greatest horror I had in this game: "the slaughter of the Kimono girls". Lost three pokemons that night, two of which were especially painful. I wanted a game without a Gyardos this time after my last Fire Red Nuzlocke (which I lost in the elite four). I avoided that Magikarp critter every time I could, yet I when I came to Clair I realized I had nothing efficient against her. I decided "what the hell, lets fish in this city and get me a little buddy, I lost so many of my guys so far, I deserve a powerful pokemon". I leveled you so much and you really pulled your weight in that hard battle for the final badge (and thanks to you I lost no one). I was so happy feeling so powerful I didn't even realize what death trap I was walking into, the Kimono girls. I laughed at my crying opponent as he left the building only to realize they are fighting me one by one without a stop. You died to a Jolteon. I'm sorry, I always had problem with the electric type in this game You were supposed to get with me to the Champion and teach him a thing or two about Dragon moves.

Eventide the Noctowl (lvl 4-44 Female):

My greatest loss without a doubt. You were my second pokemon, but honestly you were always my first. Even when my Graveler was better than you, even when your stats were one of the lowest in my team, I always liked you the best. Your psychic moves and flying moves always did the trick, and now flying on the back of a Crobat it just doesn't feel the same as flying with you everywhere. You helped me catch most of my team using your hypnosis. You died in the Kimono Girl massacre as well, I was desperate and you were my last healthy pokemon. You missed that critical moment with your Zen Headbutt and got wiped out. I'm truly sorry, you are without a doubt my most painful loss in this run, and the reason I almost quit this game only two routes before the elite four. But I had to fight in your name, and make it all worthwhile.

Fluffy the Seel (lvl 14-14 Female):

You were a causality, part of the Kimono Girls massacre. You weren't supposed to be there even, a poor HM slave that took me through waterfalls and whirlpools. I was in shock when fighting the Kimono girls, losing my pokemons one by one, I switched to you hoping to get a breath for a turn and perhaps gain the advantage (playing on set battle) and of course it didn't take more than a single hit for you to die. Sorry, I even considered taking you to the elite four as my ice pokemon. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Noble the Girafarig (lvl 15-31 Male):

After losing both my Slowpoke and my Drowzee and getting close to Indigo I realized I don't have a proper psychic type. I looked into my box, and hiding behind all the useless bug pokemons I found this guy, and decided to give it a shot. I always liked the concept of pokemons without evolutions and felt it was rather cool to take this guy to the final battle. Unfortunately a Goblat in Victory Road felt otherwise and bit you to death (super effective). Sorry buddy, I wasn't careful enough. Again I pushed a pokemon into a battle with the same level pokemon, a mistake I do why too often. In the end my Exeggutor replaced you in the final team.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
BlindBlack Nuzlocke Graveyard

By order of demise:

Fury the Tepig (lvl 5-15 Male)

The first death of the run was my starter. It is always painful to lose a starter and this was a blind run which I believe makes it even more painful. I never got to see you fulfil your potential little piggy and become a true fighting champion (like I recently learned you were supposed to be). You were killed by a Woobat in a cave as I was expecting a Zubat like fledgling and got a full out psychic assault and a critical hit. And so I developed a deep hatred for the Woobat line in this run that continued for almost my entire journey.

Thorn the Maractus (lvl 21-29 Male)

When I first caught you I got really excited (especially when I checked your stats and moves). Then I realized you don't evolve and it broke my heart. I really like pokemon that have as many evolutions as possible, but you taught me there is more to a pokemon than this (never judge a cactus by its thorny appearance), and you really showed your worth on the fourth gym. Just when I really connected to you I lost you to a Herdier critical hit take down. Dance away my little legless friend. Dance like there is no tomorrow.

Lettuce the Simisage (lvl 10-30 Female)

I had a unique relation with you Lettuce. When I first got you I didn't really "get" you. Still you proved useful in the first gym obviously and so I kept you around. When Thorn joined the team I boxed you and only when I lost him I gave you a second chance and really learned to appreciate you, especially once I evolved you with the Leaf Stone. I lost you to Clay's Excadrill and you really saved the day. I'll remember you kindly and always think of that little lettuce like green bunch of hair you had before I evolved you.

Rumble the Zebstrika (lvl 27-28 Male)

Your time in my team was short but memorable for two reasons. First, you are awesome, probably my favorite pokemon in gen 5. Since I first saw your kind I knew I wanted one for myself, and when I got lucky enough to get you I was thrilled. On the other hand I already had Static my Joltik in my team, which put me in a dilemma, and this is the second reason I'll remember you: Should I box Static which I really liked because you were better? Or give up on the opportunity to use this awesome new pokemon? I decided to let the gods of Nuzlocke decide and keep both of you in my team for a while. Secretly I hoped that over time I'll get connected to you and choose to keep you and box Static. Fate as we all know have different plans, and I lost you quite early on to a Scald by Simipour, a very cruel way to die for a speedy electric type mon if you ask me. This experience taught me much about the ways of the Nuzlocke, and overall I'm quite happy Static survived and went with me all the way to the end game.

Wanderer the Litwick (lvl 27-33 F)

I was quite excited when I caught this little guy and felt very lucky (not knowing how common they are), as I love fire types and this one seemed exceptionally awesome. All was going well and I immediately connected to you until you were taken away from me by my run's nemesis, an evil Swoobat who critical hit you to death. You are free to finally move on my little spirit friend. I swore to make those damn twisted Zubat lookalikes pay!

Bleak the Gothorita (lvl 20-37 Male)

Bleak has been with me for quite a while. When I first caught him I had no idea what it was supposed to be but pretty soon its psychic with a dash of dark style really grew on me. You were never the strongest of my team but I was just waiting for you to evolve to your last form. I lost you in such a silly way after being warned that Zebstrikas have Pursuits to a... Yep, Zebstrika's Pursuit while training and leveling you up. It happened in a double battle, an extremely dangerous scenario as is in a Nuzlocke. I'm sorry my friend, if I haven't lost you I guessed you would have went with me all the way to the end. Farewell Goth boy, this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

Remission the Swoobat (lvl 27-42 Female)

You might be wondering after all I said about the Swoobat line why I took this girl with me? Well, it's a Nuzlocke, you don't get to choose your catches, are you new to these forums? But seriously I saw this as an opportunity to find Remission for their kind (and therefore the name) and indeed I really connected to Remission. A psychic flying type is pretty cool (ask Xatu), tough I was a bit disappointed with its stats once it evolved (compared to a Crobat I guess). I lost you to that cruel over powered Bouffalant in a double battle in the wild (again, the danger of every Nuzlocke). In your death and sacrifice you have freed you your kind from my hatred to them and earned my forgiveness.

Dune the Scrafty (lvl 17-51 Female)

My most painful death in this run without a doubt, with no death even coming near. Dune was my MVP. When I first got her I wasn't even sure what she was, but I felt she was rare, and destined for me. With no starter Dune quickly filled this gap and saved me in every possible fight, and even made me box Merit, my former MVP. In more than half the gym battles she saved me almost by herself, she was always my highest level mon, and every time I was in trouble I sent her out and she came to the rescue. To top all this you were taken from me in such a cruel way. In Victory Road, my most hated area in any game, and a by Darmanitan who just out sped me and killed me without even a critical hit or a super effective move, just because it is that strong. Oh Dune, your spirit continued with us all the way to the E4 and was with Merit when I defeated Ghestis I'm sure of it. Good bye my friend. To me you will always be a Champion.

Redemption the Cofagrigus (lvl 19-45 Female)

My second sacrifice to the devil's road, Victory Road. You were killed while I was grinding you by a Durant's Crunch, a silly death. When you grind you get used to certain things, like the calculation that a Durant even when critical hitting you with a Crunch couldn't kill your Cofagrigus. Until you get the one who's nature is better I assume... I gave you many second chances in this run until I finally decided to keep you so I admit we weren't really that connected. Still I was sure I'll take you as part of my final team. You are free my fallen friend.

Petron the Archeops (lvl 25-55 Male)

The first of the elite four deaths, and many are to come. Technically you can say you weren't part of my final team as you didn't get to N and Ghestis with me, but to me you are more part of my team than Reshiram could ever be. I waited quite a while until I revived your Plume Fossil, and when I saw your ability I decided I have no desire to use you. But after I was told I should give you a chance I decided to take you as my replacement member for the elite and you certainly pulled you weight crushing many of my opponents and being vital against Marshal. Unfortunately that was exactly how you were killed, by a crushing blow by a Conkeldurr Hammer Arm. I'm sorry, I could have saved you if I healed you or changed you out, but I was too afraid of taking this risk and was sure you could take him out by yourself. Farewell ancient warrior.

ReshiramC the Reshiram (lvl 51-52)

Didn't notice it had no gender. Um, anyway let me first say you were a truly epic dragon and I really like your design (and types). But, it felt kind of wrong using you after losing Petron, almost like cheating. So after you crushed your nemesis black brother, I used you against Ghestis and sort of let you die, partly on purpose. I'm sorry, I know it is cruel but it felt like the right thing to do. You are free legendary one, and I'm sure one day you will be resurrected along with your other half and finally become one (I haven't played Black/White 2 so who knows, maybe this is actually true). By the way sorry for the slightly silly name, the Nuzlocke rules say I must give you a nickname, and changing your name just felt wrong, so I gave you my Ruby's C.

Verdure the Leavanny (lvl 20-57 Male)

My second most painful death in this run. Verdure was my third and final attempt with a Grass type after losing both Lettuce and Thorn. It took me some time to connected to him, as his double weaknesses always scared me, but his X-Scissors and Leaf Blade saved many many times. I lost you against that evil Ghestis and his illegal dragon (or so they say). Should have guessed a flying firebreathing beast would be dangerous to you but I had little choice and was hoping your Bug moves could prove useful, wasn't expecting him up upspeeding me. Merit defiantly avenged your death, but I really wished you could have survived just a little longer. My knight in leafy armor ,my champion, you will forever be remembered as part of my final team.

Threshold the Garbodor (lvl 33-54 Female)

The final death in this run. I admit you weren't my favorite pokemon, and your "unique" appearance and the fact that you are a living bag of trash who couldn't take the amount of trash that was stuffed into it as so became alive... made it hard for me to find you appealing. Still I learned through using you that you are quite good, and eventually you became one of my final team, and I don't regret that. I added you to the team as you have so many fans out there who told me I should, and that's a good enough reason. You died by a Siesmetoad Earthquake and I admit I kind of sacrificed you to heal Merit, but I honestly had little choice and really hoped you would survive. Thank you for doing your duty my friend. You will not be forgotten like yesterday's trash I promise you.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokemon White Wedlocke Graveyard
This run was one of the most epic runs I've ever had. I was really close to losing for at least 5 times throughout the run, and had to recover again and again from total destruction using a few survivor pokemon. My box was empty for the majority of the run, and I had to use everything I got. The main lesson I learned from this run - Wedlockes are hard. This run also broke my old record and is now my bloodiest run ever. Because I had so many deaths I'll be short when describing each of them.
(Still slowly rebuilding my hall of fame project in the new forums, but the end is near!).

Dewberry the Patrat lvl 3-19 Male

Died while grinding before the battle for Lenora. My first death of the run, you were spared from knowing how many of your brothers and sisters will be slayed after you, little one. Died while Wedlocked to Vineyard the Servine my starter.

Plumage the Tranquill lvl 12-25 Male

Killed by Cheren's cursed Pignite in a critical hit + sand storm + leech seed, what a cruel way to go. Was Wedlocked to Vineyard the Servine.

Wadi the Scraggy lvl 16 Male

Died while trying to grind him up against a bug trainer in the battle training building in Castelia. As usual, I pushed him too far when he wasn't prepared.

Brio the Solosis lvl 19-24 Male

Died against one of the trainers in Elesa's gym, whose Blitzle used Pursuit and critical hit killed you, a move I lost so many mons to before. You had great potential and I was really looking forward to using you as I'm a huge psychic lover (even though I admit your design isn't the most appealing to me). You were Wedlocked to Cloak my Yamask when you perished.

Nomad the Sandile lvl 19-27 Male

Nomad was a hard death. Not only because I really like this line of pokemon (my awesome Sorrow from my Sun run for example). Not just thanks to his great skills and how he helped me time and time again. But because his death was in the middle of a gym battle against Elesa when I needed him most. Her first Emolga critical hit Aerical Ace him to death, and as he was linked to my starter I had to switch to her next, which meant...

Vineyard the Servine lvl 5-28 Female

My awesome female starter (which I actually got by random this time and didn't restart the game for, I swear), my poor Servine. According to the Wedlocke rules I had to send you out to avenge the death of your partner, to fight an Emolga you didn't stand a chance against. And still against all odds you killed it. But then came Elesa's second Emolga who finished you... When you died it was the first time in this run I was sure all is doomed, but this was only the beginning of a new dawn and a new start. Dam my awesome hound saved me like she did a lot of times in this run (until I lost her as well). Farewell my friend, it wasn't meant to be.

Dagger the Liepard lvl 22-24 Male

Killed by a Darumaka owned by a dancer in Nimbasa City. I'll be honest - I wasn't completely crushed when I lost you, though as pokemon were a very limited resource in this run every one of them was a blow. You were Wedlocked to Cloak the Yamask (pun intended).

Aroma the Petilil lvl 20-25 Female

Another great pokemon cut in the prime of her life. You were killed by Cheren's Pignite (which should show how desperate I was to send you out in the first place, Wedlockes are cruel). That damn warrior pig has threatened and killed many of my pokemon in this run, and you were one of those victims. You were coupled with Cloak the Yamask.

Cloak the Yamask 19-25 Male

And as often happens in Wedlocke I sent Aroma out against Cheren's cursed Pignite because you were injured and I were in trouble, and as she died you had to go and avenge her, you brave thing. You had great potential and I was really sad to have lost you (and was panicking as I was running out of pokemon, luckily Dam came to the rescue against all type-odds, as she always did, and killed that pig). Good bye my ghostly friend.

Rapier the Karrablast lvl 22 Female

I never even wanted to use you but according to the Wedlocke rules I had to keep you in when I caught you as part of my team of very few surviving pokemon. Therefore I was quite happy when you accidently died in quite an amusing way. You were dragged in by a trainer before the Charizard bridge by a Sigilyph who used Whirlwind (while you still didn't have a partner even as you were my fifth pokemon on the team). Still, I'm sorry you had to die, and I promise I wouldn't have killed you on purpose no matter what, so who knows, maybe you would have made it with me till the end (probably not). Good bye little bugger.

Delight the Vanillite lvl 20-29 Male

I was entering Clay's gym with only 4 pokemon and very little chance of survival. You and your Wedlocke body Crystal the Ducklett were my main bet against this guy (and with "max level equal to Ace" rule I couldn't even evolve either of you). With a team of four things were looking bad, yet possible, until a damn Sandile killed you with a critical hit Crunch a few battles before Clay himself. Rest in peace my sweet friend.

Crystal the Ducklett lvl 25-32 Female

And so with no partner left you died next, against one of the Clay's grunt's Krokoroks, leaving me only with Dam and Fount who miraculously defeated Clay against all odds, in one of the most epic battles I had in this run (and I had many), leaving me with a party of 2 that eventually recovered. Still, I had many-many deaths ahead. It is quite possible that your sacrifice in this gym was what I needed to survive all those tough trainers and actually make it, so thank you for that my "ugly duckling". Sorry you never got to assume your true form.

Blondi the Joltik lvl 27-30 Female

After the massacre and brave victory in Driftveil gym, I was actually starting to recover quite fast. Still, my team started to become very overleveled and with the "max level equal to ace" rule I had and with so few surviving pokemon on the team who had to share the obligatory exp of all the upcoming dangers until the next gym, this was beginning to be a real problem. I therefore began to be very conscious when it came to exp. That's why when I caught this little bug I knew I had to grind her just a bit more, yet I couldn't use the other team members to switch-grind her properly. And so I lost her while grinding of course... against a Foongus who survived my attack on ~1-2 HP and hit me with a bide... I'm sorry my friend, you had huge potential, but I just had to risk you. You were Wedlocked to Panoply the Tirtouga.

Menhir the Boldore lvl 28-36 Female

Quite a useful pokemon which I had great sentiments for thanks to my Boldore from my blind Black run. You along with your Wedlocked buddy my great Panoply were my main plan against Skyla (and so after you died Panoply had to do all the dirty work without you). You died against a trainer in Twist Mountain who sent three of his own Boldores against you, until the final one critical hit and killed you. Ironically as you died in this battle you also leveled up and evolved! But that was just the game's cruel and ironic way to show me what I'll never have...

Fount the Simipour lvl 10-43 Male

You were my last death before the E4. Who knew one could connect to a Simipour that much, one of the most hated pokemon of all times (according to most polls, along with its other poor monkey siblings)? But I was always one to love the least loved pokemon, and Fount here did nothing but deserve this love from the moment I got him. He had the strongest most unbreakable Wedlocke bond any of my pokemon had with Dam my Stoutland ever since I got them both in the very beginning of the game, and they were my only true survivors who prevailed in the face of every threat. You helped me against Chili, Lenora and Clay, and many other powerful trainers. You died from a trainer's Mienfoo critical hit Jump Kick in the entrance to route 10 so close to the end. You were Wedlocked to Dam as you died. Good bye my little wet monkey, the symbol of my strongest bond. I'll miss you, wave me goodbye!

Dam the Stoutland lvl 5-55 Female

Now we get to the elite four and end game deaths and as usual I'll be speaking of these pokemon and their achievements much more in the hall of fame, especially as so many of my final team found their way into the graveyard as well. Still, Dam deserves some extra love and attention as she was, without a doubt, even after dying at this stage, my MVP and favorite pokemon of this run, and that is why when I lost her my moral got a serious blow and I was really losing confidence in my ability to prevail and win the game. Dam has been with me since the beginning and she has saved me almost every time that I was at the brink of losing the run. Her Wedlocke with Fount lasted for most of the game and was the only solid thing in my team that I could always relay on. Dam's newly replaced Wedlocke couple Bull the Seismitoad proved to be a great match for her, and as often happens in Wedlockes, they died together. Dam was my main strategy against Caitlin and her Crunches really did the trick, until her Gothitelle started bulking up with Calm Mind. She then finished my poor loyal hound with a Psychic attack I couldn't avoid (and I had limited healing items so I didn’t have a whole lot to do about it when things started to get out of hand). Farewell my most loyal pokemon, I'm glad you made it with me so far until the end. I'm sure your kind will serve many other Nuzlockers well in this game. Seriously, go get yourself one of these doggies if you are playing pokemon Black/White. I promise you wouldn't regret it.

Bull the Seismitoad lvl 31-54 Male

Bull joined my team rather late right after I lost Fount as a fitting replacer (even though I had another water type) thanks to his mighty capabilities. I always loved Seismitoad and yet never got to use one, and you immediately proved your awesome worth. You died when your Wedlocke partner Dam was destroyed by a Calm Minded Gothitelle, and I knew I had to send you to your unavoidable death trying to avenge her, yet I had no choice. Goodbye you earth rocking champion.

Spring the Sawsbuck lvl 26-54 Female

Grass type pokemon are quite common in Unova, so getting one eventually was almost ensured. Still, I was really looking forward to using Spring because I both loved this mons design, and enjoyed her rather unique moveset compared to classical Grass types. I'll be honest, being normal type was quite problematic with the abundancy of fighting type moves and with her partner being Panoply the Carracosta which was a rock type as well, still with Return and Horn Leech Spring was quite a ferocious battler. I lost her against N to his Zoroark who disguised himself as a Klinklang, quite a tragic way to go I admit, leaving me with a team of only 3 pokemon even before Ghestis. Farewell my dear deer, I lost you in the Summer, though for you it will always be autumn.

Panoply the Carracosta
lvl 25-54 Male

My final death of the run, with his partner gone Panoply had a hard time yet managed to almost survive all of N's pokemon until his actual Klinklang killed it, leaving me with only two pokemon. Panoply was an amazing pokemon ever since I added him to the team and helped me in so many battles including all of the final gym ones. I was devastated when I lost him, and was sure that this was the end of my run, but my final surviving Wed-couple proved me wrong. Farewell you ancient relic, may you rejoin your ancestors.

Neotornado

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
I need to buy a pro account? (He/Him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Broke his own romhack with an egg. Still not sure how.
White 2, challenge mode but with dupe pokemon swapped with out-of-dex pokemon, a rule that mostly hurt me aside from one exception as most of my good-natured pokemon were dupes that got swapped out for bad-natured ones. That being said, it was an okay run in terms of deaths (in terms of natures it was horrible though)
Sportacus the Shroomish - Lv 4-9 (swapped for a dupe purrlion on route 20)
Cause of death: Swift from a formerly wild Elekid
Wasn't planning on using her anyway tbh, if I was it was saving her for the very endgame.
Le Ruse the Liepard - Level 4-31 (Route 19 encounter)
Cause of death: X-scissor from Elesa's Joltik
I thought it had signal beam and just used snarl. Nope.
Twinblade the Seviper - Level 38-51 (Route 11 encounter)
Cause of death: Dragon gem boosted dragon claw from a gym trainer's fraxure
...ouch. I thought I took on the defensive trainer but apparently not! Shame since she lasted a lot shorter than those levels would imply.
Ms. Regen the Foongus - Level 27-51 (Route 6 hidden grotto)
Cause of death: Crit wring-out from an octillery
Wring out's a spooky move. She was at 51% health so I thought I'd still be fine with the reduced damage.
Hueman the Electabuzz - Level 13-57 (Virbank Complex encounter)
Cause of death: Crit flamethrower from Ghetsis's Eelektross
Yes this was the same Elekid that killed Sportacus above. Crits are bad but forgetting to put the eviolite on him was even worse.
Ballion the Azumarill - Level 5-56 (Floccesy Ranch encounter)
Cause of death: Crit muddy water from Ghetsis's Seismitoad
Man two crits in a row for this fight, which almost matches my Lysandre performance back in july. Nothing notable about him aside from the fact that he got the 25% chance of being a female azurill that turned into a male marill. (and got huge power as well)
Ganon the Emboar, Level 5-61 (Starter)
Cause of death: Sawk brick break
This thing set up to +3 on bulk-up when I didn't have any notable special attackers (Delcatty was slower at the time), so I kinda just had to panic and pick priorities. Emboar drew the short straw sadly, since in hindsight he could have done everything his replacement ended up doing anyway. Then again...
Kusogrande the Throh, Level 53-63 (Victory Road encounter)
Cause of death: Druddigon Outrage
The aftermentioned replacement. He made my battle with Marshal a bit more safe and also took out Iris's Aggron. Just barely lived one outrage but also failed to OHKO with revenge + rocky helmet. Participation award I guess?
N's Zoroark, Level 20-66 (gift)
Cause of death: Haxorus Outrage
Yeah I know this one's cheap but I didn't have too many good answers to shauntal and caitlin otherwise. Did his job then took out Iris's Lapras near the end. Kinda glad he didn't get into the HoF because I know he's spent plenty of time in the sun there. Maybe in X/Y I'll feel less guilty about using him, or more inclined to use zoroark over zorua I suppose.

Less than 10 deaths for a challenge mode run! Then again the huge gulf of deaths between Elesa and Drayden's gym might have something to do with that, since that part of the run was pretty light in terms of threat, even clay got brushed aside pretty easily by Azumarill + Swanna.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
BlindBlack2 Graveyard

By order of demise:

Sylveil the Sewaddle (lvl 2-16 female)

The first death of my run, a pokemon from an evolutionary line I already took all the way to the end in my first BlindBlack run and I really learned to love. You had awesome potential, and when I caught you I finally felt my team was starting to build up into something that could one day be great (at the time I didn't realize the potential of my patrat Gazer thay eventually became my favorite pokemon on my team). You died in quite a cruel and semi-unpredictable way, by a Riolu Counter which I didn't even know it had, leaving me in great shock.

Effigy the Darumaka (lvl 14 female)

I really like fire types. On the other hand I'm really good at losing them... I lost you in a double battle by both a Ratatta attack and a Grimer Sludge in the sewers. I didn't even get to level you up before I lost you, and straight away risked you into a wild double battle. I have only myself to blame for this one, and it's a damn shame cause you are one awesome pokemon.

Absolution the Zubat (lvl 16-17 female)

Ironically you died a pretty similar death to Effigy (The irony is that I'm stupid). Again in a double battle, again in the sewers, though this time to a Scraggy and a Sandile while battling Team Plasma. I should really grind my pokemon more. I didn't have any strong feelings towards you, but you did have potential which I threw away.

Remnant the Roggenrola (lvl 16-24 female)

The first really painful death in this run. This pokemon line is one of my favorite in Gen V as I took a Boldore all the way to the elite four where it totally rocked (pun intended). I lost Remnant to a Siglyph psybeam at Relic Castle, when it was so close to evolving. Good bye my friend, you became a true remnant.

Cryptic the Yamask (lvl 19-21 male)

You were the first death in this run (though not my last) to die from the single move that kills the most pokemon in all of my runs put together. No, not self-destruct, the answer is Pursuit. Damn Pursuit which I always forget exists (or just risk it for a reason I can't explain...). But I'm getting off topic. I was kind of looking forward to using you when I forgot that bloody evil cat Liepard has Pursuit. Return to your friends from the beyond spirit child.

BlueSage the Psyduck (lvl 5-24 male)

BlueSage was the team's mascot for the first part of my run. He wasn't very good, I already had my Dewott as my water type and a Gothita as a psychic type (at that time). Still BlueSage was with me when my team was looking really bad, and therefore over time I learned to really like him and give him an honest chance. I lost him not much after I lost Cryptic in the same horrible way, to a Liepard Pursuit.

Baphomet the Gothita (lvl 21-22 female)

Psychic is my second most favorite pokemon type, and when I caught this little girl I was really thrilled to make her a full team member (after I lost one of her kind in my Black run). Taking breaks while playing Nuzlockes is important, and as you can assume I didn't take a break this time. Right after losing both Cryptic and BlueSage grinding, I decided I'll go grind somewhere else, far in the desert where this is no Pursuit (that is extremely deadly to her as she is a psychic type). She of course then died from a critical hit magnitude. In fact she survived the magnitude, but died from the damn sand storm.

Belle the Ducklett (lvl 23-28 female)

I caught you by complete accident, walking around the Charizard bridge, unware of the possible catch I could get there. I felt you potential, but sadly I didn't have much time to connect to you as while I was just getting to know you, you were killed by a Tranquill critical hit Quick Attack.

Sturdy the Scolipede (lvl 23-36 male)

This was quite a painful death I'll be honest, as I really like Scolipedes. When I caught this little bugger I called him Sturdy, hoping it will save him from the fate so many mons before him had in this run. It indeed saved him from an early death, and Sturdy became a powerful and loyal member of my team, almost one of the core members. I lost him in Chargestone cave to an Excardill (I lost that save file and had to reenact the death, which was even more painful [and embarrassing]). You had great potential and if you weren't slain you would have probably gone with me all the way to the end. Sleep well you mighty 8 feet tall beast.

SoulBlink the Litwick (lvl 27-30 male)

You would have thought that I would be more careful with Pursuits right? This poor thing was again killed by a Zebstrika Pursuit. I wanted it to survive so badly. A fire ghost type with three forms and awesome stats, what more can a guy ask for? Return to your ghost friends little one, I wasn't worthy of you anyway.

Noble the Unfezant (lvl 30-43 male)

You were probably my most painful death in this run up to that point, as you were a true team member (though from this point on all my deaths were somewhat painful). You didn't have many chances to save me as you were a late game addition, but you were solid, you flew me around from place to place, and you covered my team's type weaknesses quite well. And overall, I just really liked you design and thought you were pretty cool. You died a noble death, much like your name, when I tried to catch a Heracross and was very careful not to kill it. To my surprise it actually killed you and even replaced you in my team, hence he gained the name Usurper. The king is dead, long live the king!

Usurper the Heracross (lvl 26-53 male)

I always wanted to use a Heracross in gen II games but never got to find that damn "special" tree (Especially while Nuzlocking). I was very excited when I caught you, and forgave you very fast for killing my poor beloved Noble. We truly connected (even though in retrospect I was even more connected to poor Noble) and you were one powerful pokemon that's for sure. That what makes it even more unfair when you were killed by Colress's Magneton that used an explosion, a move you can't really do much about (especially playing blindly when you don't see it coming).

Cream the Altaria (lvl 41-58 male)

My last death (before the E4). I liked you so much I kept you in the team even when I had Noble and most of your abilities were redundant. When Noble died you completely filled his place, and showed your worth more than once. You died in the part of the game I hate most, Victory Road, and from a really silly enemy - a wild Gurdurr that used Rock Slide (I always forget fighting type mons tend to have rock moves). Good bye my fluffy friend.

Barbra the Maractus (lvl 19-59 female)

As usual, I lied, and this is defiantly the saddest death in my run, as usually Elite Four deaths are. Barbra was one of my core team, the four pokemon that went with my all the way and were life savers. Barbra showed her worth against many gym leader, and even in the E4 using her Cotton Guard she was my main chance against Marshal and almost destroyed him completely. Sadly though against his last pokemon, a Sawk, you held your ground and all you needed was him not to get a crit, and you would have made it and won me the battle. But the Nuzlocke gods are cruel, and that crit I feared so much really came and brought you down. Who would have thought a Maractus would get me so far? Good bye my thorny friends, let me give you a very painful last hug.

Last edited:

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokemon X Graveyard

Skuslking the Scraggy lvl 11-25 Male

When I caught you I was quite pleased, both because you were a rare horde encounter and because you reminded me of my legendary Dune the Scraggy who was the heroine of my Black run. But much like Dune, I lost you as well. You were killed in a very tense moment where I was quite desperate and knew I had to risk you for the team to make it. I was fighting a double match against trainers with Machoke and Mr Mime and someone had to stay in. I'm sorry my friend, a worthy first death, if such a thing even exists.

Vulseer the Braixen lvl 5-29 Male

I am a known starter killer, and this run was sadly no different. I chose you even though Charamander is my favorite pokemon as I felt really connected to your kind. Both psychic and fire type, my favorite types combined, and with a mythological lore, and to top it all you are considered an unloved pokemon, I just knew I had to pick you. You were an awesome partner, saved me time and again, until I lost you in such an un-epic and silly way to a Sawk used by one of those damn skaters in gym 3, who used Low Sweep and totally crushed you (I was amazed by how feeble you were honestly as I saw your HP going down to zero). I was quite shattered when you died and I took a day off from playing, but eventually I took myself together and chose my Espurr to replace you and avenge in you in the gym battle.

Saphyanx the Meowstic lvl 11-38 Male

A really painful death comes next. You were the hero who replaced my starter and defeated the next gym, and have become an integral part of my team. Sadly, double battles are the worst... and so you were taken away from me. The Drifblim Shadow Ball didn't kill you but the Floette Magical Leaf did. I trained you so hard and really connected to you. Good bye my friend, I will miss your silent purrs inside my mind.

Petalure the Venasaur lvl 10-52 Female

This run's most painful death, my pseudo starter, my champion, Petalure. When my Vulseer died, and honestly even before that, I knew that you will be my true right hand mon, the one pokemon I could always count on. You crushed every gym, some of which by yourself, from Ramos to Valerie. You also felt so unique. You had Naughty nature making you as good attacker as you were special attacker making your move set more interesting and varied, you were a female Bulbusaur which as we know is not very common, and overall you had your own personality. You died in a very bizarre way, probably because I risked you, though mainly because I didn't know what I was going to face. I fought the guy which makes the battle have opposite super-effective and not-very effective moves (I think it is called Inverse Battle). He had an extremely deadly Snorlax that used a fighting move and finished you as a poison type... *sigh, Nuzlockes are cruel. I really wish I could have taken you with me all the way my beloved friend, but c'est la vie, it wasn't meant to be.

Matriarka the Mamoswine lvl 39-51 Female

You mighty beast, you replaced my beloved Petalure and so quickly grew on me. You crushed anything that stood in front of you. You died fighting the cursed professor Sycamore's Venasaur, who used Petal Dance. There is something poetic in that I guess. Good bye loyal Shieldmaiden.

Tempress the Pidgeot lvl 3-52 Female

You were my oldest surviving pokemon, my very first catch. You were with me in every moment, and although you weren't very unique or very powerful you were one of us. You helped in many important battles including against Korrina and Ramos. Right near the end I lost you to a stupid mistake. I was fighting Stunfisk and forgot that damn bizarre monster was actually electric type and not Water Ground (isn't that a fish?). A critical hit Thunder Bolt took you down and you never rose up. Rest in the heavens Tempress.

Nuclispora the Exeggutor lvl 24-64 Female

After losing Tempress I had one spot open before the Victory Road, the cursed Victory Road that always takes at least one of my mons. I always wanted to use this bizarre monster like pokemon and was even willing to grind it all the way from level 24 (with no damn turbo button). As often happens in long grinding session I began to really like this girl. All was looking well and I was sure I'm going to break the Victroy Road curse, until right near the end of Victory Road she died to an Alakazam, the very last god damn battle that is. I was crushed, both because I lost my recently added mon, and because I had to again grind a lot more... You were never really replaced as I barely used the Gothitelle that was added instead of you.

Craboldra the Crustle lvl 17-65 Female

My final death, a true member of my team, one that was with me for most of the game. I caught you in Cyllage City where I rocked smashed you into freedom and honestly didn't really expect anything specific or useful. Your unique type combination, your interesting bulky stats, all made you stand out as one with true potential. You weren't often the first pokemon I sent into battle, but you did help in some important battles for example against Olympia. You died fighting Diantha's Tyrantrum after you shattered her Hawlucha. At least you got with us to the Hall of Champions.

Last edited:

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokemon OmegaRuby Graveyard
(Nickname theme - Hebrew words and word combinations. Game on Set, 3 max items per battle, and a few extra limiting rules).
(Part of my hall of fame project in my signature - really close to transporting it all here at last).

Znavot the Zigzagoon lvl 5-7 Female

Znavot (tails) wasn't your regular Zigzagoon. In many ways you might foolishly think she was useless. I already had another Zigzagoon with a better nature and Pick Up while Znavot had Gluttony, and she didn't have a single damaging move as her basic tackle was replaced with Charm. Still, mainly because of her pacifistic ways I sort of learned to love her, and even considered making her my main Zigzagoon when I finally got the Echoing Voice TM and could teach her a damaging move. But amusingly the minute I sent her into the first battle she could survive in, she was defeated by an opponent Zigzagoon's critical hit. The poor thing was never meant to fight. Make love, not war. Rest in the heavens you pure naive fuzzy being.

Argaman the Tailow lvl 6-9 Male

Argaman (a specific shade of purple) was a promising addition to my team. I have used a Tailow before and it is a very solid flying type and a really useful pokemon to have early on. I lost Argaman fighting a Machop, who after I missed for three turns in a row because of a Sand Attack, critical hit Karate chopped me to death. Sorry for killing you so soon, good bye you brave little soldier.

Galshamayim the Wingull lvl 2-22 Male

Galshamayim (sky-wave) was one of those pokemon it took me time to appreciate. Even though it was the second pokemon to join my team not including my starter I always thought of it as a temporary addition who will later be replaced. Still, over time that little sea bird really grew on me and showed me his worth, and in the moment of truth when it really mattered it helped me against Brawly. He finally died from a Meditite Thunder Punch in Mauvile Gym... I know what you are thinking, who even takes a Flying Water type into such a gym? But I never even imagined a Meditite will be packing such a deadly move so early in game. Farewell my friend, I'm sorry it had to end so soon. I could have sailed on your wings through the seas and the skies.

Emet the Geodude lvl 13-22 Female

Emet (truth) was an oddball, both figuratively and literally. I caught her while Rock Smashing my way through route 111, and had mixed feelings whether it was a good or a bad thing losing my chance for the desert encounter in exchange for a solid mon that will only be half useful against the upcoming Flannery gym battle. Sadly, she never got that far. It took me some time to get used to her but I was really looking to evolve her into my first ever Golem in a Nuzlocke (I had many unevolvable Gravelers before her). Sadly, in a moment of distraction, I was fighting a little girl's Kirilia in route 113, and I looked away from the screen for a moment and suddenly I realized Emet was dead. I'm pretty sure that damn thing used Magical Leaf as it would explain how I lost my rocky hard friend from almost full health. I'm sorry Emet, it was an innocent mistake. The pile of your shattered to stones remains will serve as a landmark for future trainers who will walk this route. Hopefully teaching them to take better care of their rocky friends.

Pneymayim the Surskit lvl 18-21 Male

Pneymayim (water-face, also a pun meaning the surface of the water) was a pleasant surprise when I got him. Surskits are rather uncommon pokemon and so I got really excited when I caught this little one. Also this line isn't the most loved one, yet I do really like unloved pokemon and having the opportunity to learn to appreciate them. I was still lacking a good solution against Flannery, and although a Flying Bug isn't the perfect one, one with Water moves and intimidate that can avoid the ground moves of Flannery's mons can actually be a good backup when things go bad ( in theory). Sadly you died so close to evolving by an Aron owned by a trainer in route 114. I was sure my Water move would be enough to kill that little steel bugger, but it just almost did and survived on 1-2 HP, and then you were faced with a deadly Rock move straight to your watery face. Good bye little one, you were sadly crushed like a bug, but I do hope I'll get to use one of your kind in the future and prove that you are worth much more than that.

Yarboa the Sandslash lvl 18-28 Male

Yaboa (jerboa) was the second hardest death I had before the E4. He came right on time when I needed him most as a potential solution to Flannery who I feared a lot. You see, I had a "core 4" pokemon team who were with me from the beginning of the game (Torchic, Poochyena, Shroomish and Whismur), and for some reason no matter who I kept fifth, that mon eventually died. I couldn't break this curse, and usually this fifth mon was lower leveled than the rest when it died, but I was really eager to change that. So I trained him well, put a lot of effort into him and eventually Yarboa became an equal member to the rest of my gang (the sixth member btw was my pickup Zigzagoon Parvonet). It was finally time to test him, after he defeated all of Flannery's grunts, I was sure of our victory and had a great plan. The battle began. I was trying to build momentum by defense curling and waiting out for the Sunny day to pass, healing Yaboa, and finally finishing Flannery's Slugma, but then just a turn before I was going to kill it, that lava slug surprised me with a critical hit Overheat while in sunny weather which killed Yarboa from full health on the spot. I was shocked, and was sure I'm going to lose this battle (Nivdam my digging Mightyena ended up saving the day), but it felt so unfair. I'm sorry you had to die in such a horrible way my desert warrior. May you become one with the endless sands.

Shalit the Spoink lvl 21-24 Male

Shalit (ruler/sovereign) was a cute little mon I was really looking forward to taking with me. Sadly, like I often do, I felt the need to test him and give him a shot at greatness. He eventually died fighting a level 28 Machoke who used Knock Off and killed him on the spot. The curse of the fifth wheel pokemon continued in this guy, but also, actually finally ended with him, as my next death was one from my core 4.

Taftir the Breloom lvl 5-33 Female

Taftir (mycelia) was my saddest death before the E4, and you know what? Probably the saddest death of the entire run. Throughout the first half of the game I had a team of 4 core members, and even though one of them was my starter fighting type Combusken, Taftir was both my favorite and my MVP. She practically won me every single battle up until and including Norman, not including Flannery. She soloed Roxanne, helped against Brawly, soloed Wattson and soloed and really saved me against Norman in a truly inspiring battle. All was going well, until Steven came and offered me to join him on that little mini Latios quest in Southern Island you get once you surf for the first time through route 118. I joined and we were attacked by Team Magma in a double battle. Steven was absolutely useless and lost his mon in a second, leaving me alone against that deadly Camerupt. I was running out of options, none of my pokemon stood a chance against that thing (if only I had Malka my Gyarados at that point). I had to switch out or I would have lost my starter for sure. I risked it, hoping it will go for an Earth Power as I had my fire mon out, and switched to Taftir. To my horror it Lava Plumed my beloved mushroom girl and toasted her completely. Eventually I survived this battle just barely, but I was heartbroken. At that moment after this devastating lost I rebuilt myself, finally got me a team of 6 who actually went with me all the way till the end (Except for a very quick death and team replacement a few moments after, aka the next victim in this graveyard list). So from this death I grew as a trainer, but it was a horrible sacrifice I had to make. Taftir, I will forever remember you and your awesome help to my team. Thank you my dear. Rest in peace.

Nekama the Electrike lvl 12-16 Female

Nekama (Vengeance) seemed like a fitting name for the first pokemon I caught after losing Taftir. But perhaps this poisonous over eagerness I felt was the reason I had to lose her so soon. I caught her along with my new Oddish and Magikarp (who both stayed with me till the very end). I was really looking forward to Mega evolve her, and of course I pushed her to the limit with my blinded rage, grinding in the seas of route 118. A critical hit by a wild much higher level Tentacool was the end of this poor thing. She was quickly replaced with the Magnemite that stayed with me till the very end (and was quite a hero). Still, forgive me Nekama, you were a victim of a crime you didn't commit.

Ra'ashan the Exploud lvl 4-54 Male

Ra'ashan (ratchet [the instrument]) was always a brave little guy, and one of my core 4. I caught him as a tiny pink annoying creature, hoping to finally break the curse in which I always killed his kind before letting them get to their final evolution. Buddy, you were always just plain OK honestly, helping my team and covering some weaknesses with your diverse move pool, but not being the strongest of the bunch. I'll speak of your achievement in the Hall of Fame part as this is where you mostly showed your worth in the E4 battles. Still overall you were a really loyal and solid pokemon that I could trust when I needed you the most. And when you finally reached your final form you really started to show your worth. Also, Soundproof is a surprisingly useful ability in this gen. You died against Drake's Salamence, after killing many of his dragons. Farewell hero, at least you made it to the Hall of Fame with us, and you are totally worthy of that achievement.

Nivdam the Mightyena lvl 5-55 Male

Nivdam (blood-fang) was my first catch, and one of my core 4. Such a cute and awesome pokemon, ORAS really gave your kind a fighting chance compared to the pre-split age in which your Dark moves were not physical. You helped me throughout the run in so many battles including gym leaders and Magma grunts. You bravely died against Steven's notorious Metagross who used Giga Impact, so you didn't really stand a chance. Again, I'll speak more of your heroic deeds in the Hall of Fame. Here I just want to mention how devoted you were, how your intimidation helped me against so many foes, and how I just honestly loved you like the loyal yet fierce canine you were. I'm sorry you had to go. Good bye my hound, my dog, my friend.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokemon Blind Sun Bloody Graveyard

Sugar the Cottonee lvl 11-20 Female

You were a brave little cotton ball. I was really excited to learn of your duel Grass and Fairy type, and although you weren't the toughest member of my team you were often useful. I counted on you to hold against THE BEAST Wishiwashi in the cursed trial, and you almost did, yet it eventually killed you. I was sure I lost the game when I saw you fall, knowing you were my main chance for survival, but to my luck Pythoness took in later and saved us. Goodbye my fluffy friend.

Penna the Trumbeak lvl 3-20 Female

You also died against THE BEAST Wishiwashi trial. You were awesome and saved me a lot in the early game. Never got to see you evolve (and only later I realized how... "unique looking" is your evolution. Still you were one of my earliest pokemon, my obligatory first catch (as was later told to me). Goodbye little birdy.

Pythoness the Misdreavus lvl 10-27 Female

My viewers warned me of losing Pythoness to a Pursuit or some other Dark move in a grinding mistake knowing me quite well. And indeed, poor Pythoness who saved me from THE BEAST and who I really wanted to take with me all the way to the end, ended up dying from a Dark move. I did my best and didn't risk my little ghost to any dangerous wild encounters, only to lose her to a trainer's Hariyama who used a Knock Off, a move I totally forgot about (even though I had a Hariyama with this move myself at the very same time). You are released little banshee, please don't haunt me for my mistake and move on to a better life with a more worthy trainer who will take care of you.

Venus the Leafeon lvl 1-27 Female

The first really hard death I had in this run. I was super excited when I realized that from that tiny Egg an Eevee has hatched! It was an adamant one, and I got to the Mossy Rock quite fast, so it was a rather easy call, and for the first time I got to use a Leafeon. Your Bloom Doom Z destruction left very little in your way, and you would have probably survived with me all the way to the end if not for the Nihilego I met in Aether Paradise, which I stupidly assumed was a water type (it is a giant Jellyfish! How could I have known it is Rock and Poison?!). Like most beautiful flowers you bloomed beautifully, strongly, yet shortly. You were avenged by Jennet my Mudbray, who ever since that moment became my new hero, until her own demise.

Siege the Cranidos lvl 15-24 Male

The first really silly death of the run, and I admit, not a really painful one. I don't usually like using fossil pokemon as there is no aspect of randomness in getting them, but I was still a bit upset about all my other deaths so I decided to give you a go. I started grinding you up, and then I killed you... I forgot Pancham was a fighting type and not a dark type (I never got to use it myself and didn't play gen 6 that much) and it just broke you to pieces from full health as I watched in shock. I'm sorry, you deserved better. For the future - please don't bestow precious one of a kind fossils to me, in the name of scientific preservation. Much appreciated.

Bane the Alolan Grimer lvl 6-30 Male

I never got to use a regular Grimer properly, let alone an Alolan one. This colorful ooze was with me from the very beginning and I loved it! My very first Alolan form. I lost it while grinding, and to a bad mathematical call. I risked it against a Fearow knowing the only way it will die is if it will be struck 5 times with a Fury Attack AND got a crit, which was like 3%~ chance. And of course, as I'm stating it here, this is indeed exactly what happened. The power of statistics... You were a really unique pokemon, and sadly a late bloomer who didn't evolve when everyone around you did, making you very vulnerable, and I failed to help you get to your crucial Muk form by risking you too much. Farewell.

Relic the Roggenrola lvl 13 Male

And welcome all the first cannon fodder death of the run, poor little Relic. I love the Roggenrola line, and have taken a Boldore all the way to the E4 before (My brave Pebble). I like it so much that I didn't mind doing it again here in Alola even though I often force myself to try new mons. Still I got ambushed by a really hard battle with Guzma I didn't expecet, and for the first time I fought his horrible insect from underwater hell, Golisopod. I needed a break to heal Quorum my Wishiwashi who was the only mon I knew had a chance to defeat this thing with, so I switched out to this little guy who was only lvl 13 and waiting to be grinded (I just got him out from the box a minute before the fight planning to grind it in the park where I was attacked). I healed Quorum, it hit Relic, and Sturdy kicked in. And then there was a very awkward moment. I knew I could still save it but I needed that crucial turn and couldn't waste it on switching. So I just let him die and used that turn to heal another backup mon that was wounded to increase my survival chances... forgive me. You deserved much better than this, but you saved us and for that I thank you.

Quorum the Wishiwashi lvl 17-43 Female

And now the heavy losses are coming in. The first victim of the Aether Paradise slaughter. Every pokemon that will come from this point onward was a hard loss. Quorum joined me right after THE BEAST Wishiwashi trial was complete. When I realized how mighty this thing can be I wanted one for myself. Quorum was as solid as they come. She never was my ace, but always was my "go to" mon when things went south and could take a hit quite well. She saved me from Guzma so many times, and was generally one of my favorite pokemon and core team. And that's exactly how I lost her, to that damn Guzma right before the really crucial battle against Lusamine, which I almost didn't survive. Who knows how I would have fought Lusamine if I had my loyal Quorum with me to take her Milotic's powerful water attacks. But right after killing his Golisopod he sent his Masquerain which to my horror actually destroyed me with a critical hit Bug Buzz I risked. I didn't even get to mourn you properly as soon after you died so many others have joined you. You showed me that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Jennet the Mudsdale lvl 11-41 Female

The first of the Lusamine slaughter. Jennet, when I first got you many of my commenters told me that because you have no Stamina you are an inferior donkey. But I didn't care, and decided to give you a chance anyway, and you were everything but inferior. I can't even count the number of enemies you destroyed by yourself, the number of poor mons you kicked to death. You became one of my favorite Alolan pokemon and I liked pretty much everything about you. Your raw strength only matched by your impressive defensive capabilities. And as you raised your defense to the maximum with some Iron Defenses, still Lusamine's cursed Bewear broke through all of it using a single Hammer Arm. I was in total shock. You deserved so much better than this, and until that point you were my most painful death without a doubt.

Scythe the Incineroar lvl 5-41 Male

And here comes the moment that is often the hardest in every Nuzlocke, and was for me the most painful death of the entire run. The death of my starter, Scythe. What can I say about you buddy? How can I even describe the countless moments you saved me? How can I tell of how I learned to love your kind so much that it is perhaps now one of my favorite all time pokemon if not the favorite? You were my ace, the pokemon that was supposed to be there with me from the beginning to end. Your brother in arm, Quake the Hariyama, became my new bro champion and MVP, but this only happened because you died. His strength came from your spirit. My brave cat, fearsome warrior. You died to Lusamine's Milotic as I had no other choice but to keep you in. Your sacrificed yourself so all of us could see another day. Goodbye my brave fire cat, I will remember you forever.

Carpet the Stoutland lvl 15-41 Female

The last of the Lusamine slaughter. Poor Carpet died to the same Milotic that Scythe died to. She ran after him into battle and got immediately washed down by her Hydro Pump. Carpet was a pokemon not many of my followers believed in, and I was told it will be better off to trade her for a Bouncee. But I had faith in this line, and Carpet showed herself to be a very solid pokemon with a versatile move pool that I could really find use for. Farewell my noble loyal hound.

Sunsail the Talonflame lvl 54 Female

Every game's final route must take its toll from me, and this time Sunsail was the price. Sunsail was sort of my replacement fire pokemon for Scythe, but honestly she could never fill his paws. That made the irony of her being killed by Gladion's Silvally even harsher as I was playing blind and didn't know that thing was packing an item that turned it and its Multi-Attack move into water type, as a secret weapon against your starter. Still Sunsail was one of my bravest heroes. She helped me against Lusamine, and I was ready to take her with me to the hall of fame. May you see life again my fallen phoenix.

Dutchman the Pelipper lvl 7-61 Male

And now we have arrived at those who have both fallen and made it the hall of fame. The heroes that I took with me against the Elite Four and "champion" of Alola. I will speak more of them at my hall of fame itself, but here I'll mention them as well, as they are my fallen brother and sister in arms. Dutchman joined the team rather late. At first I didn't realize how useful he could be, but when Quorum my main water pokemon died thanks to a viewer's tip I decided to give this bird and its Drizzle ability a chance, and I instantly fell in love. My problem with water pokemon was a curse that followed me throughout the game, and when you came that problem just disappeared like it wasn't even there before. You were perfect to my team in every way, and that's why after you were killed by that very cruel Z-Move from Kahili's Toucannon you tore a huge hole in our defenses, that almost made me lose the game to Kukui's Primarina. But it is not your fault that you were so valuable to me. Sail away my brave bird.

Lucid the Carbink lvl 12-60

Lucid, Lucy in the skies with diamonds, my clear body twinkle star. My shield, armor, aegis, and first line of defense. It took me some time to realize how useful you are, but once I did you automatically became my wonder wall, sending you first to set the field against any threat I could, and even letting you Power Gem and Moonblast many opponents by yourself. You saved me so many times, were one of my two survivors of the Aether Paradise slaughter, and if this run feels a fail in any way, it is just because I couldn’t take you with me to the end. You were killed by Kukui's cruel Primarina which shattered you into little pieces. But now you are a star dust, tiny shiny pieces that will light the way of others. Forever you will be part of the night's sky.

Jinx the Gengar lvl 31-61 Female

Jinx, you got your ironical name as you broke my cursed unlucky row of bad catches. The minute I caught you I knew you'd be great and using trade-evolving I could let you fulfill your true potential. Confuse Ray, Sludge Bombs, Thunder and a Z Ghost move that could shatter anything, what more can you ask from the perfect glass cannon? You even slaughtered the island's dragon completely by yourself. You were banished by that awful Kukui's Primarina (if only you would have hit her with a crit). Farewell, ghost champion.

Palmface the Alolan Exeggutor lvl 40-59 Female

The final death of this run, what can I say about Palmface? Was she my favorite pokemon? Nope. Did we have a lot of history together? Not really, she joined me near the very end. Still you were unique, bizarre, wild, and quite useful. You were killed by Kukui's devil ballerina, her final victim. One thing I can definitely say about you, you are one of us, champion.

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Babbie the Rookidee (Shield)
Ooh, boy, this must be the first ever gen8 death. Died while catching my Yamper. I was like, early game Electric mons almost never get Elecric STAB until later so I thought I would be safe. Jk, it had Nuzzle, and Rookidee dies.

Partot the Rookidee (Sword)
Died in the Wild area, against a Delibird. I was not paying attention to the fact it was higher levelled since it was just a Delibird, and then it kills my 2nd chance at owning a bird. Guess the game doesn’t want me to own a Corviknight.

Torecco the Wingull (Sword)
Another death to the Wild area, this time while catching my Stufful, who got a high roll on it’s 2nd attack. Poor Wingull couldn’t even make it past 3 areas from when he was caught.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokemon Let's Go Eevee Graveyard
Based on "The Guide to the Let's Go Nuzlocker" run: Based on "The Guide to the Let's Go Nuzlocker" run: https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-guide-to-the-lets-go-nuzlocker-ss-wl-of-a-blind-attempt-to-nuzlocke-gen-7-5-lets-go-eevee-completed.1807/
(Part of my hall of fame project in my signature if you want to check it out - I have finally managed to transfer it all from the ruins of taptalk! From now on all my posts here will finally be of current runs).

Basil the Bellsprout lvl 4-17 Male

Basil was one of the first pokemon I caught and was perhaps the first I really both connected with and was essential to my team (not including my Eevee mascot Peter that is). I tried to give him as much exp as I could as it was so essential against Brock (literally, as I couldn't even enter his gym without him) and I was really counting on it against Misty. Sadly, as this run was blind, I was surprised to see Misty opened with a Psyduck and didn't prepare myself for that. All was going well, and I kept buffing Basil up with X-Items until Misty's Psyduck suddenly critical hit me with Confusion out of nowhere, then confused me, and then Basil hit himself and died. I guess there are some things you just can't prepare for. Luckily the day was saved by Ciara my Alolan Rattata. Still, I want to thank you for your service buddy, and I'm sure that if you would have survived this you would have continued with me all the way throughout the game.

Alana the Graveler lvl 11-26 Female

Alana, along with Basil, were my two main early game pokemon I really counted on and saw a future for. Having a solid rock pokemon early on against the so many Normal type attacks really helped, and gave my team some much needed cover, including ground moves against the many poison types that call Kanto home. She was originally going to be my main mon against Surge, but eventually I chose to use Mars my Nidoking. Still I was really looking forward to evolving her to my first ever Golem, but I didn't get to do it on time as I lost her to an ace trainer's Onix who was both seriously overleveled and surprised me with an early game Earthquake while Alana was digging down from bellow to finish it off. Farewell my rocky friend. Another one bites the dust.

Mars the Nidoking lvl 21-30

Mars was a great addition to my team. He came right on time as I was trying to build my team against Surge (who I was over-terrified from) and I managed to evolve him into a Nidoking just before the battle, and so I decided to let him try and defeat the Lightning American. And I was right to do so, as Mars soloed this gym and crushed Surge's team. Ever since Mars was a great team member who I grew really attached to. I lost him in quite a tragic way. I was fighting Erica who turned out to be much tougher than I thought. My team members were wounded, I had to U-Turn switch out Phillip my Pidgeotto against a Vileplume, and Mars was my main option. The battle was going really well, sadly though at the time I didn't know that Mega Drain was buffed in this game, and so Vileplume critical hit killed Mars with it and drained his life away. You were later replaced by your sister, Venus the Nidoqueen, who carried on your legacy (until I lost her as well). Good bye mighty warrior.

Ryoto the Gyarados lvl 5-28 Male

And they say 500$ is too much for a Magikarp... Ryoto joined me as a the useless fish I bought from the dude before Mt. Moon, and I spent about a third of the game just waiting for it to evolve (by losing an essential spot on my team), but boy was it worth it when he did. Very quickly he became my most powerful pokemon even when he was a few levels below the rest, always crushing without effort anything that came my way. But we all know the greatest weakness these huge water serpents have... electricity. After I defeated the fighting gym in Saffron, I realized there was a coach trainer there that I had to deal with. I sent my Gyarados against his Machoke expecting to be able to block his fighting moves, and then I got a single Thunder Punch that took away my best and favorite team member forever. If that weren't enough I later lost to this trainer another team favorite, but I'll talk about that next. Ryoto, you were the second most painful death I had this run. Rest in the depth you terrorizing beast. May you rise again with the next soul tide.

Eusapia the Kadabra lvl 16-29 Female

The second death of the Saffron fighting gym slaughter. The Abra line are some my favorite Kanto monsters as I'm a huge Psychic type lover. I was really looking forward to get for the first time in a Nuzlocke an Alakazam, and ironically I was supposed to meet my friend and trade evolve you the very next day, but then... you died. You died because I was angry as I lost my best pokemon Ryoto. I wasn't thinking, you avenged Ryoto against that Machoke but then came an Electabuzz and I knew I should have switched you out... but I was just out for blood, and so I lost you for another cursed Thunder Punch from full health. It was a total mistake. Kids, always take a break to breathe and clear your minds after a death in a Nuzlocke.You were such an amazing pokemon with great potential. You were fragile yet deadly and even saved me from that damn Gambler and his OP Diglett. Rest in peace in the netherworld you satanic psychic goat-fox-Uri-Geller beast :).

Ali the Hitmonchan lvl 30-42

Ali joined my team right when I needed him most as I lost both Eusapia and Ryoto, and was one of the reasons I recovered from this double death and didn't end up snowballing out of control in this exp poor game I was playing. True, he was a bit fragile, but his very versatile moveset of three elemental punches was crucial to fill up my different cover needs and helped me build a much more powerful team. I did box the guy for a few moments when I got my new Shiny Magikarp, but as I realized it wasn't meant to be, I returned my deadly boxer back into the ring. I lost him to an Omastar because I didn't estimate well how much damage his Hydro Pump will do, and honestly, I had other powerful pokemon I could replace him with so at that time it wasn't a huge loss. Still, I thank you Ali for helping me pull through the hard times, and just for that you are worthy of a championship belt.

Venus the Nidoqueen lvl 24-54 Female

My last and most painful death of the run was Venus. I caught her as a Nidorina when I already had a Nidoking (Mars, who I considered to be her brother), and so I sadly I didn't get to use her at first. She joined in and left the team a few times actually as she was too low leveled compared to the rest, until finally after losing Mars my Nidoking I decided to give her a chance and let her fight the Rocket Grunts, and boy did she prove herself. She practically wiped out the entire Rocket Hideout and Silph Co building by herself and quickly became my new team champion and leader. I lost her during my elite four battles to an Earthquake from Bruno's Machamp (I was playing blind but I should have suspected that possibility). Rest in peace, champion. At least you made it to the hall of fame.

celebrandas

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ice, Steel
Touhoumon Aqua+Yui Graveyard

Lelith the CChen, LVL 4-5: I left speed hacks on after realizing I was making risky decisions because of it. Because of that Lelith died, and Brock’s gym is going to be a lot harder because of it. Lelith was also the one catch I’ve made so far that I was excited for because I love Chen in Touhoumon games. She hits hard and is a ground type, which is always nice to have for dealing with electrics.

Medea the CMystia LVL 5-16: died to Brock because I made a mistake.

Celestine the CSakura LVL 5-16: died to a non-gym-type Touhou on Brock’s team. There were a bunch of rock-types in the game already, but he had a pure-ground with insane defense for some reason.

Katerina the CLunachild LVL 5-17: died because everyone else died and she only had Scratch and Thundershock. Against Rock and Ground types.

Last edited:

Mogu Mogu

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 4, 2019
Zappy the Electrike L10 - 17
died to a wild Stufful that happened to be my first encounter. Didn't play much Sun and Moon, so I underestimated its attack stat. One shot by Strength. Caught the Stufful and made it my new team member.

Teddie the Bewear L20 - 29
Died to something in one shot that I wasn't expecting. Don't really remember

Doreen the Greedent L4 - 32
Died to Allister's Gengar

Wheelie the Carkol L13 - 33

Zaggy the Galarian Linoone L28 - 32
Replaced Teddie since he died right before Allister. Was supposed to be the one to deal with him...

Rhythm the Palpitoad L8 - 33

Rue the Corvisquire L5 - 33

Ook the Thwackey L5 - 33

Needless to say I was very unprepared for Allister. Nuzlocking blind, and the previous three gyms didn'tmake me grind for. I assumed I wouldn't need to for Allister either. Time to rebuild and take him on again. I have only ever had a full team wipe once five years ago to Shauntal's Chandelure in Black and White. Funny how its another ghost type that did it to me again

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Bringing my old runs over from the old forums:

Nathaniel the Slakoth, 5-5. First death ever, but I don't really have much to say since he didn't make it out of Petalburg Forest. More of a shock than anything.

Tiffany the Poochyena, 3-9. Died to a Skitty on Route 116. First actual death, but since I had another Poochyena, it was more of a shock for the planned story than in the game.

Terry the Vibrava, 20-39. Things went smoothly for a long time-I didn't lose another 'mon until I was training for the twins. I pulled him out of the box because I thought a Flygon could come in handy later on. I was grinding in Shoal Cave (which I know was a bad idea), but it was actually going fine, up until a Spheal randomly survived an attack...

Jennifer the Mightyena, 2-52. One of the saddest deaths I've ever had in a run. She was my second catch, and I really wanted her to go all the way because she and my Sceptile had been together so long (and was shipping them in the attempted storylocke way back when). I lost her to Steven's Aggron (crit Thunder) after I switched her in to save/heal my Camerupt. It wasn't until a long time later that I realized I should have sent Sceptile in instead since it couldn't really do anything to him...

Jason the Gyarados, 13-52. I teamed him after I lost Terry, and he did pretty well considering Gen 3 Gyarados isn't as good as Gen 1 or 4-onward. He died against Steven's Metagross-they were trading EQ/Psychic and then it switched to Hyper Beam...it did give me the opening to win the game, but if I would have healed him first, he would've lived...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)