• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Play by Post Post a question for the next user to answer

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
*checks list*
23, or 24 if you count my current run even though it's not Pokémon.

What's your favorite memory of the forums (either old or new forum)?

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
When I got a bunch of birthday wishes on my birthday! It absolutely melted my heart. All of the people on here are so so awesome and that includes you, person reading this!

What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
Neapolitan. It combines three of my favorite flavors (Chocolate, Strawbeery and Vanilla) in one. It's pretty nice.

What Video Game that's going to be coming out in the next couple of months that you're the most hyped for (if any)?

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
I didn't have an answer for that question at the time you asked it, but now there's going to be the New Pokémon Snap! AAAAHHH!!!

How did you first get into Pokémon?

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I got my hands on one of those guidebooks that had all the Pokémon (this one was old so it was the original 151) and became obsessed with it. I found out they were video games... some time later.

What was your favorite Nuzlocke you did?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Hmm...I think it's either my Emerald run because it was deathless and I documented it from my starter's POV, which was pretty fun, or my first randomlocke because I had a lot of fun writing all the characters (even though that didn't start until halfway through) and people seemed to really enjoy it.

What's your favorite video game from the 2000s?

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
The quick answer is Emerald bc first pokemon game. The answer from my head is prolly a somewhat obscure baseball game, MLB Power Pros, which was a twice-off port from Japan to the Wii and PS2 back in like 2007.

But the answer from my heart comes right at the beginning of the decade: Jet Set Radio. It's just so vivid in every aspect, from the smooth if imprecise gameplay to the loose plot to the sheer style that oozes from every pore of the game. The character designs are bomb-ass, the soundtrack is so good and funky it's straight-up the only video game soundtrack I actually listen to, and the visual style is both unforgettably vibrant (and one of the few games that old that holds up graphically) and super influential for its cel shading. If I could draw, the aesthetic and style I'd want to develop would literally just be Jet Set Radio.

------

What's one older video game (one-off or series) that you'd kill to see a reboot or remaster for?

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
MOTHER 1.

The game has aged very poorly. That much is clear. The mechanics are outdated, and the balance? What balance? Updating the mechanics to bring them in line with EarthBound or MOTHER 3, rebalancing the game, and doing a more polished translation (the official one is functional but lacks some of the polish of Tomato's) could make this game a great one. Ooh, and a remastered soundtrack could be right up there with the other two in quality.

The game is 30 years old and that fact is obvious upon playing. A remaster has the potential to give it the polish it needs to be a truly great game.

---

Is there a game you consider yourself to be an expert at? If so, which one?

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
The card game Set (hey, you didn't say video game). I have an eye for detail that really helps with spotting patterns, and my family has long ago reached the point where they don't want to play that with me anymore because I outclass them so much.

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Star Wars, despite I've only seen a tiny handful of movies.

Favorite band?

Aureum

And the gods shall know his name.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Aureums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
I actually don’t really follow bands, or actually that many songs outside of nerdcore anymore... But Set it Off is pretty good, not gonna lie.

How would you explain your favourite movie in such a way that nobody would guess what it actually was while still telling the truth?

Nimbostratus

Ambitious But Rubbish
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Flying, Normal
Two parties search for an object worn by a cat.

If you could transform at will but you could only choose one animal form, what would it be?

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
A Peregrine Falcon! They’re super rad and I want to be able to perform sweet dives and catch prey in midair.

What’s your favorite game to replay?

BadgerDaddy

DISAPPOINTED!
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 4, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
This was a mistake!
Digimon Cyber Sleuth.
The style, music and story keep bringing me back.

That one song that you keep replaying and it never gets old?

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Been my song for half my life, enough that my mom made it her ringtone for me.

What's a food you didn't like at first but grew to love?

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
Liver. At first I was "meh" but slowly over time I gre to love it (I wish I could say the same with Spinach, but...)

And now, for something a tad bit morbid: The world is about to end, but there's just enough time to listenin to one last song before the world goes BOOM. What would that last song be?

Krashkube

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 27, 2020

If you could be transported back to any time period which would you choose?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
I'd probably say either the 1980s just to see what they were like myself (I was born in '91, so that was right before my time), or the mid-2000s so I could go back and slap myself into making better choices.

Is there a video game you like from a genre you're not really a fan of?

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Gonna be cliche and say that shooters are my least favorite genre (probably not even my least favorite, just the first genre that came to mind), but Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 (the old ones) were really fun to play, and I felt like a space Rambo gunning down a bunch of Stormtroopers. The second one has a lot of great mechanics and an excellent story mode, but I prefer the first one because I like the maps more. Yavin 4 Arena, Bespin Platforms, Rhen Var Citadel, Kashyyyk Docks, etc.

On the topic of Star Wars, favorite Star Wars character?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)