• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Play by Post Post a question for the next user to answer

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU HAVE BECAUSE I'VE GOT A LONG LIST OF SONGS AND REASONS AND I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE PLANNED FOR THE NEXT WEEK OR SO
Well, since I have to pick one, I'll pick Setting Sail, Coming Home from Bastion. Both of the singers sound amazing, and I love how expertly it fits in with the story.
That being said, I've been listing to compilations of video game music for...9 months going on, so I'll probably have a different answer to this question in, say, a week.

Favorite Star Wars character?

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
(Great pick I love that song, would have probably picked either it or Build that Wall myself).

Darth Vader for sure (original trilogy version that is). He is such a tragic character, and yet throughout the movie even though he is seen as "evil" he always tries to follow his inner conscience and do what he believes is right, be it serve his master and empire, or in the end sacrifice it all for a better tomorrow and for his son.

Favorite character from a book?

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
Boy, that's a tough one. If I had to choose, though, I might say Bartimaeus—the title character of Jonathan Stroud's series. He's a djinni enslaved by magicians, but despite his predicament, he manages to be really funny, especially with the footnotes he inserts into his narration. He's also clever enough to get his way out of (most) problems when his strength isn't enough, and while he's not always the most morally upstanding character, he does always make you want to root for him.

Continuing the topic of books, what was your favorite children's book or book series when you were young?

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
Hrm. I gotta the Race Against Time series, because it gives me major Phineas & Ferb vibes. The general premise is that a boy's parents goes away for the weekend and leaves him with his Grandfather to babysit during that time. Soon, an old friend of the Grandfather and whisks the two away for a mission TO SAVE THE WORLD and be back in time before the boy's parents returns home.

Like I said, thinking back on this, that series is the reason I got so heavily into Phineas & Ferb.

What is favorite TV series is that is currently on the air or has recently ended its run?

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
Modern Family. My family and I would watch it together, and we really enjoyed it; it had some really funny jokes and some really endearing characters—plus, it helped normalize homosexual relationships on network TV. I'll miss it, but I'm glad they're not dragging on the series for longer than they should.

On the other side of things, what's your favorite TV show from last century?

Shruikan

Bookwyrm
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 10, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon appears shy and quiet, but bring up a subject that interests them and they can speak for hours nonstop.
Last century as in 1920-2020? 100% Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I like magical girl shows in general, and this managed to be a darker take while keeping a solid story and believable characters.
(If you mean last century as pre2000 then it would be Bagpuss)

Who is your favourite actor?

Aureum

And the gods shall know his name.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Aureums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
Samuel L. Jackson, he’s just the absolute best. Never fails to put a smile on my face. (Also, as somebody who stutters, Samuel is just an inspiration.)

What is your favourite soundtrack?

TheMgr

I am bad at this.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 11, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
I can't say I have a specific favorite, but Mario soundtracks have always been very good. I think Galaxy 2 is probably my favorite from recent memory.

Favorite meme from this year?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not sure if the "woman yelling at cat" one is from this year or not, but I gotta go with it-I've seen some hilarious versions of it.

What is your all-time favorite video game system?

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
Huh, that is something I've never thought of before... Can I say the Switch? It's a neat little thing. But I'm sure that when the next Pokemon machine comes out, that'll be my favorite hehe.

For the next person, inspired by my apparent insomnia and sleep deprivation, what's the best dream you remember having?

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
One of the few dreams that I've been able to remember is me trying to survive a zombie apocalypse where people are turned into zombies through touch. I'm running as fast as I can through the town that my brother's college is at before eventually reaching a private jet piloted by Will Ferrell. However, Will Ferrell doesn't know how to fly a jet and so zombies kill everyone inside, me included.

In your opinion, what is the worst board game?

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Monopoly. Has anyone ever finished a game of Monopoly? 🤔 It takes too long and has the friendship-ruining qualities of Mario Party without actually being any fun.

Tangentially related to Mario Party, but what is a series (video game, TV, or otherwise) that you think has fallen from grace but is getting back up on its feet now?

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon! Red/Blue were good, darkness/time/sky were excellent, but gates to infinity felt extremely lacking to me. Super was better and I really liked DX, though!

What’s your favorite Pokémon spin-off?

fluffyspy

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
Like you said, Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky were SO good. Made a lot of QoL changes from the Rescue Team games that were greatly appreciated, presented a challenge without being frustrating, and the story and characters are so much fun! I think that was the first Pokemon game where the story was actually engaging to me, and it hit me like a truck--going in expecting a generic "fight legendaries and save the world" plot just to justify the gameplay, and coming out having shed real tears over the damn thing.

Uh, if I I had to pick one of the three, then Sky, since it's the most complete version.

How about your favorite main series Pokemon game?

Aureum

And the gods shall know his name.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Aureums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
That’s a hard one.
Nostalgia-wise, definitely Crystal, as it was the first Pokémon game I played to post-game. I had a lot of fun with it, but I don’t think I could really play it again without ruining the wonder I had playing it.

In terms of story, I would say Sun and Moon honestly had the best plot (Never was a fan of Gen IV), and Lusamine is probably my second favourite evil team leader, behind Guzma. (Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon both add and subtract from S/M, but honestly they subtracted more than they added + the fact they literally came out a year after S/M is a yikes for me.)

It’s honestly hard, as I can cherrypick what I liked from a lot of the main series games. For now, let’s just go with Sun and Moon before I decide to create an essay on what main games I’ve played had to offer.

Now, starter pokemon have been around since the start (pun intended). They’re your first mon and in most cases will carry you to the Hall of Fame. In your words, what should separate a starter from the rest of your team?

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Personally? A good starter should be balanced, with good matchups against most things (secondary typings have always made me happy) a pretty good movepool (mostly good, with some areas lacking) but the thing I find worst in starters is "click this to win." They should be good, a nice keystone of a team, but they shouldn't be able to do everything. I also though signature moves were great (they can be given to other pokemon, but make them hard to get!) Also, the thing I like best in starter sets in balance. You should be able to pick whichever one you want without "optimization" crud. Unsurprisingly, I lose a lot of Pokemon in Nuzlockes.

To the tune of poor Nuzlocke decisions, what's the Pokemon you always put on your team despite how nobody else likes it?

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Dunsparce in XY FTW!!!
It kicks more butts than one could imagine.

Did you use a Legendary in one or more of your Nuzlockes?

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I have! Used an EV-trained Cobalion in my most recent White Nuzlocke because it was part of a competition that could’ve resulted in PVP depending on death counts, and I had 2. Didn’t use it until late game and enjoyed the experience immensely!

How do you tend to do dupes clause in nuzlockes?

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
Basically, as far as my runs go, it all boils down to evolutionary line and is the Pokemon is still alive? And if the answer is yes to both, I give myself to skip it and go for the next Pokemon that appears right afterwards (the fact whether it's mandatory skipping or optional skipping depends on the run, obviously).

you're doing a Sololocke, however you are allowed to choose a mon in one of your previous runs for the Sololocke. Who will you choose and why? (And you can choose Legendaries and Pseudo-Legendaries if you want.)

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Curt the Watchog from my Flora Sky Nuzlocke! There was something off with Watchog's stats in that game, and I think there was at least one special OP move that he could learn, and he also had near perfect IVs. He probably couldn't be exactly the same in any other game, so it's a pipe dream, but I have the fondest memories of demolishing everything with him.

How many Nuzlockes have you have played?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)