• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke Pokemon you've lost respect for due to Nuzlockes

PageEmperor

Currently busy grinding in my nuzruns and studying
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
So basically, what Pokemon have you grown to like less thanks to the challenge, whether it is because you used one and it was underwhelming or because it was annoying, or a bad opponent.

For me, it is Mienshao. Thanks to my X Nuzlocke, I absolutely despise Mienshao, my least favourite gen5 mon and one of my least favourites of all time. I was at the villain secret headquarters in that destroyed town place where I battled the villain boss, first time he evolved his Mienshao. Had Aerodactyl in front, believing it would use Hi jump kick and miss and make the battle a joke. It used Swords dance instead which seemed fine as I was probably going to kill it the next turn. But next turn came, Fly missed, the stupid thing used Hi jump kick right there and it critted. Of course my Aerodactyl couldn't tank that and you know the drill.

At that point, I had no other option but to cheat and pretend it didn't happen. I had a box full of useless stuff, I had no flyers in a game where I desperately needed one, I couldn't use wonder trade because my game was spoilt or something, and I couldn't do grinding because I was extremely busy at the time. So I really had no choice but to cheat and pretend it never happened.

As for other mons I had lost respect for in the past, they at least made me learn from it. Like a Milotic killed one of my best teammates in both my first run as well as another, but at least it helped me to learn from it to prepare my team better, and I am grateful for the experience. I did not learn anything from the battle against that Mienshao. All that happened was that it managed to get the best luck possible to take down a team member that I highly valued and did not want to die for the reasons stated above.

I'm sorry, but I just loathe Mienshao. I already was never a fan of it to begin with because you would have to be stuck with a relatively weak fighter until level 50 to get it, but now I feel nothing but seething hatred towards it. It is most definitely a close contender for my least favourite Pokemon ever. I long for it to become extinct.

Ardomew

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
I don't think I've lost respect for any particular species, but anytime I face a trainer/Pokémon with Counter/Mirror Coat tactics, I get very on edge. Same with Self Destruct/Explosion users.

SweatingCalendar

Alligator lizards in the air, in the aaaaaiiiiiirr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
In my firered nuzlocke I went out of my to catch a paras in Mt Moon thinking that I can abuse the move spore later in the run. I thought even though it is a bug/grass type, a terrible type combination it couldnt be that bad...

Parasect is a piece of absolute garbage that had switched out at a constant basis because it couldnt take a hit and whose best move was scratch until level 35 where it learns slash. I got so frustrated grinding it up to prepare for Silph Co Gary that I just threw it against a Pidgy 5 levels lower than it and refused to switch it out unless it knock the pidgy out. It got outsped and one shotted by PECK!

Long story short that was the best decision Ive ever made in a nuzlocke.

Killjoy

Oops! All Unova!
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
the ride never ends, and crying is not an emergency
Honestly? Ludicolo and Crobat.

Rom Hackers LOVE to give those two batshit ridiculous movesets and items, and even vanilla ones are giving me a headache. I can never remember what Ludicolo is weak to (I mean... Water/Grass typing is really weird and tricky), and it can hit you hard in the moment you don't expect it to. Crobat will outspeed you 9 out of 10 times.

Worst Ludicolo I fought was the one in Wake's team in Renegade Platinum. With instant rain weather, this fuck had Life Orb and Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/probably grass move too.
Most Crobats were programmed to spam Double Team and then Brave Bird.

Snow Peregrine 0

Sinnohoan Talonflame (Talonfrost? Talonfreeze?)
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 19, 2019
Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Pokédex Entry
An ice-type subspecies of Talonflame that is found in Sinnoh. It is socially awkward as all hell.
I held a brief grudge against Roselia after I lost a Samurott to one. I guess I didn't understand the mechanics of running from wild double battles... :sweatdrop:
Along with the type advantage, I think its stats played a factor. Fun fact: Roselia's base special attack is 100. I guess they hadn't originally planned to give it an evolution and pre-evolution originally, and so we have Pokemon with an unusually high stat for a middle stage Pokemon.

mykehroo

holy moly i am worry
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 23, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
i'm a dude brooooo
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is currently kerfuffled by this feature. Kerfuffled isn't a word.
This is gonna sound extremely petty due to this partially being my fault, but...

I had a REALLY bad experience with a certain Tyrunt. I really didn't have any good counters to it at the time for that gym battle, so that's why I picked up an Amaura after the Glittering Cave.

Grind was alright, could be worse. I felt confident this glimmering dino could best her counterpart.
Goddammit. Was I so wrong.

Turns out I had overestimated my foe and was immediately slapped in the face by getting outsped and oneshot by a single Rock Tomb from that Tyrunt. Didn't help that I forgot Rock doesn't resist itself.

Jesus, I know I can be a bit of a dummyhead at times, but I didn't need that angry t-rex to rub it in.

tl;dr: i'm a knucklehead and a t-rex made fun of me for it

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Meganium can fall in a fire for all I care. I never really liked it much anyway compared to Typhlosion and Feraligatr, but I could at least tolerate it. But then Silver's killed half my team in Goldenrod in a very old HG run I did. Now it's dead to me for good.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I'm currently playing through Moon, and the Yungoos/Gumshoos line is HORRIBLE. Leer and Pursuit on the same mon in the early game is CHEAP. I've had two deaths attributed to that line so far, and I'm not looking forward to the next time I meet one of those stinking weasels.

Reactions: io_

io_

planning things is easier than writing them xdfbgn
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
preferably they/them please :) please don't be mad at me over it
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This friendly ghost lurks around sites of interest and tries to say hi. They may project a little too much onto their writing.
I'm currently playing through Moon, and the Yungoos/Gumshoos line is HORRIBLE. Leer and Pursuit on the same mon in the early game is CHEAP. I've had two deaths attributed to that line so far, and I'm not looking forward to the next time I meet one of those stinking weasels.
Seconding this. In my blind nuzlocke, Pursuit in Route 1 from a Yungoos OHKOed my Pikipek,. I was shocked to see that move so early, and this then screwed me over further because he never got to be a Toucannon - so I never knew that this line got Skill Link or Bullet Seed. This led to the death of my Alolan Golem to Kahili's Toucannon in the Elite 4, so I'm honestly blaming the Yungoos line for both of those deaths.

On that note, I now really despise Castform. I tried so, so hard to like this thing despite its unappealing design and medicore stats. But like Stunfisk before it, my attempts to like it soured massively once this little weather ball became responsible for two of my deaths. It came in as a support for Totem Lurantis and used Sunny Day, which let the Totem wreck as many of my team as possible with Solar Blade while giving it extra healing with Synthesis. And it itself, with its STAB Weather Ball and new Fire typing, OHKOed my Charjabug who I'd specifically hoped would be a counter for this trial in the first place. And once I KOed one, another at full health came waltzing in to take its place. It's just... the audacity of these little things, you know? The minute they get a taste of power, they come swinging in to kill everything.

csidvuL

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Fuck Bewear. Hammer Arm is bullshit. I’ve been playing a normal run of shield and every time I see a stufful in the grass it fills me with loathing. I deserve a personal apology from Lusamine’s Bewear and I have yet to receive it. 😤

Reactions: io_

CompleteWingback

Professional Overgrinder
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ice
Pokédex Entry
often forgets that selfdestruct exists
- Every species packing Explosion/Selfdestruct;
- Wobbuffet
- Trapinch, Diglett, and other trapping Pokémon
- Zubat and Wingull, but just because they. keep. showing. up. all. the. time. And they both pack Supersonic
- Ultra Necrozma

As for Pokémon I've used and lost respect, well, pretty much every sweeper out there without any means of setup to cover their weaknesses.

Arondon

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
All but most to least prevalent types:Male,Gender-neutral,Female
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Psychic
Flabebe and Ralts. Why Ralts? It used Psychic and Confusion to kill my Pansage and Caterpie.

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
When it comes to mons I used myself...really, in general I found myself just liking anything you could call a "glass cannon" less and less. I mean, when one faint means it's into the death box, anything that just dies to a stiff breeze isn't going to last long.

Now, in the opponent's corner? First and foremost Furfrou because of that thing's track record at giving me early run grief with critical headbutts. Oh and Mienshao. Just...Mienshao. Tragic glass cannon in player hands, but when the the AI uses one? Makes me anxiously hold my breath when that little demon's going for the High Jump Kick.

Arie Kazami

Your everyday, ordinary guy
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Just an Ordinary Trainer that doing his Nuzlocke
-Any mons that carrying self-destruct/Explosion/Destiny bond/Counter/Mirror coat
-Poison-type mons that carrying Toxic+Venoshock(I'm looking at you Salandits...)
-Bellsprout(One responsible for killing My Shiny Ralts)
-Masquerain after Gen 7(Serious, that Sp.Atk capable to tore most Rock-type attack with low Sp.def)

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Fuck. Inteleon. I already hated it but still.

Not only is it's design fucking awful and everything wrong with humanoid starters, but it's also killed four mons in Wyndon Stadium in two different runs. I should have remembered it gets Mud Shot and so it annihilated my MVP Toxtricity, but yeah. Now thanks to that asshole I have to use Lanturn otherwise I get buttfucked by both Water and Fire types, as most of the rest of my box is absolute ass and I didn't get that many new Pokemon this run. At least this time it was just Toxtricity, rather than half of my team like it was in my first run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)