• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot Let's Play Hack Pokemon XG: NeXt Generation+

Thread Description
Now playing Beta 1.2! Latest: #BB1, 01/8

Master Bryss

zd zd
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Their body is made of an intricate and interconnected weave of their own puns.

Good morning internet, I'm Master Bryss and I'm EXCITED.

I CANNOT BELIEVE SOMEONE HAS DONE THIS. This is Pokemon XG: NeXt Generation, by StarsMmd. It is a hack of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. These are words I never thought I'd be saying. Here is a blurb.
Main Features:
- Physical/Special Split
- Gen VI type matchup chart including fairy type
- New set of shadow pokemon and other obtainable pokemon
- Moves and abilities from later generations
- More challenging opponents
- bonsly is finally playable!

Known Bugs:
- Pokespot pokemon dont have overworld models
- Flash fire only boosts special fire moves
- Pokemon with abilities that boosts moves cant learn those moves by TM or move tutor
- Some text is inconsistent with new changes for now
- the move relearner says it costs 1000 coupons per move, it actually costs 5

Notes:
Pokemon Changes
Some pokemon have had their types and stats changed to reflect newer pokemon which I felt fit the game better.
When you encounter one of these pokemon you can treat as if it was the newer pokemon.

Forretress -> Ferrothorn
Noctowl-> Mandibuzz
Jumpluff-> Whimsicott

Other pokemon may have had their stats modified just a tiny bit. Mostly just to match the stat changes they had in the canon games after Gen 3. A lot of pokemon received minor buffs like alakazam gained 10 more spdef and cleffable gained 10 more spatk in gen 6.

All the pokemon that gained the fairy typing in gen 6 will have the fairy type in XG. In addition to jumpluff now being grass/fairy, jynx is now ice/fairy and altaria is dragon/fairy just to increase the number of fairies in the game.

Similarly to add more dragon types, ampharos and sceptile now have dragon as a secondary typing.
So yis. Although we're not advanced enough to have newer Pokemon apart from Bonsly, we now live in a world where it is possible to give XD a Physical/Special split. And I'm going to play it. At a slow pace, no doubt, but I will play it because XD is my second-favourite Pokemon game of all time and anything that can improve it is good in my book.

This playthrough will have no rules as such. Nor will I be covering the plot of XD in very much detail, but I'll give you the Cliffnotes version. I'll be focusing more on the changes made to the original game, and how I feel it affects the thing. You know, pretend to be a proper reviewer and not just a masked idiot who shouts the word consistency a lot. Also, I apologise for any and all graphical glitches, I think I'm using an older version of Dolphin. I also apologise if any of the text is unreadable, I wanted the images to be a more manageable size. With all that admin out the way...

Oh hey, the hakesmith changed all the default names. Neat. There's also been decapitalisation across the board because mod cons.

I AM A CONSISTENT HUMAN BEING THOUGH.

We open, as ever, with the opening, in which XD001 causes two buff tough men of the sea to have a bad time. Remember this for later. The plot's basically unedited aside from one thing that the part name foreshadows and a few words here and there.

Jump cut to HOLY MODERN MOVES, BATMON! The hake doesn't give you any indication of if a move is physical or special, mind, you need to remember it yourself. Also, the Pokemon in this battle are changed from the original, where it was your Salamence against a Metagross. This is doubtless to show off the fact that Fairy's a thing.

Preeeetty sure Moonblast was made one word on purpose, mate. All the animations for new attacks seem to just be from another move. Poison Jab, for example, has Leech Life's animation. Admittedly, this is more forgiveable here, since all Pokemon in Colo/XD basically have two attack poses anyway, one for contact moves and one for non-contact moves. Also, the fact that a more general P/S split has been implemented in the first ever Pokemon game to HAVE a P/S split (albeit for just one type of move) makes me smile inside.

Anyway, we have beaten Sim Trainer Jodlet here, so... wait, hang on. JACK?

Right, okay, so another context thing here for people who didn't play Colo/XD. The people of Orre have... ideas, shall we say, about names. Rather than lump themselves in with the Steves and Lindas of the world, they instead plump for things like, off the top of my head, Doken or Tisler or Kloak or Boyden. The hakesmith didn't like that, apparently, so everyone save for the 1% of people who had ordinary names to begin with has been renamed. I... dislike this change. Maybe I'm just weird, but I LIKED how alien it all sounded. We've got seven generations of mainline games where we can have Steves and Lindas, why not have a little fun with the Cubeverse? It was part of the charm for me, so removing it feels a bit... off. Still, it doesn't change the gameplay any, so it can be forgiven. Onward!

Our plucky hero does NOT, in fact, own a Metagross. That last battle was just a simulation. What he does have is an Eevee. And also a Beldum now, which he didn't have in the original game. Even better, rather than just having Take Down, Beldum here comes with what I believe is the moveset of that event Beldum from ORAS.

The Eevee has also had a moveset change, although the hakesmith clearly had no idea what to use for the fourth move. Anyway, plot. Having returned from the Pokemon equivalent of TRON, we are told to go seek out our mentor, Professor Krane. He won't be called Krane now, mind. Instead, he is...

Professor Pine! I'm actually fine with this change, in all honesty. The woman is our mother, Guini. Okay, that's a lie, she's always just been Lily. They're wondering where this game's resident scrappy, Jovi, has gotten to.

Sorry, Fey. By the way, I didn't realised this was decapitalised when I wrote my name in. This is the exact moment in the game where I started feeling awkward about it. As it stands, it looks like Fey was named months in advance of her birth, while my name was coined at the most painful point of Lily's labour and written down as it sounded.

We are tasked with finding the girl, buuuut of course she's not here. Instead, we must go and visit the manor of eccentic scientist Doctor Kaminko. His inventions are number one.

His most prized invention is a machine that buggers up the lightning graphics. Emulator please.

Of course, we can't get to him without getting through his feckless assistant, Chobin, and his Sunkern. He refers to himself in the third person a lot. This flows a lot better when he is named Chobin. Zack isn't a good fit. Zack's a cool name. Chobin is about as cool as a polka-dot teapot. Look, if you're going to rename people, can you at least try to redub them in a consistent manner with their character? Giving them random ill-fitting names basically achieves the exact same thing as the original ones.

...Oh. I see team rosters have been edited too. Nidoran it is. This will be a single battle, because artifact. Remember, in vanilla, we're only supposed to have Eevee for this and the next battle. Spoilers: there's a Shadow Pokemon in the next battle.

One thrashing later, and Fey makes herself known and invites us into the Clark Manor. This is excellent, because now I have an excuse to talk about the funniest thing the Pokemon universe has ever conceived.

Namely, the giant TV screen upon which Chobin extols the virtues of Dr. Kaminko's (I'm happier with Clark but Kaminko's more eccentric) peerless inventions. There's at least ten of the things, and they're all equally awful. But instead of showing each one in lurid detail, I will instead just make a single in-joke and move on.

V PLS.

In-joke over, we collect our charge and return to the Pokemon HQ Lab from whence we came.

Once we're there, we are gifted with the entire point of this game, the Snag Machine. With it, we can catch Shadow Pokemon, whose hearts have been closed in a procedure medical professionals are saying is 'basically the opposite of open heart surgery.' They're bad, but not on purpose. It is our job to redeem them.

Also, Easter egg! This is just 'another region' in vanilla.

And because fiction doesn't like letting time pass without incident, the time to use that Snag Machine is now.

Attempting to rescue the good Professor results in us getting into a fight with Spy Naps here.

Although if I'm being perfectly honest, the Professor rather seems to be enjoying his kidnapping. That is not a face of despair.

Shadow Pokemon alert! Set phasers to 'catching tutorial.'

Okay, now he's just giving me bad flashbacks to the Happy Mask Salesman.

Huzzah! Incidentally, the reason why it's Level 15+ is because Shadow Pokemon can't level up, but still amass experience. Once it becomes a non-Shadow Pokemon, by a process called purification, it will gain all the levels it should have gained. If you have played XD before, I shall now take this time to apologise for the heavy amounts of fansplaining I am doing here.

Back to the plot. Reality ensues, and defeating one member of a kidnapping ring who wasn't doing anything of use does nothing to impede the rest of them from throwing Pine into the back of their hovervan.

People deal with trauma in different ways. Fey cries. Lily doesn't leave a space after a colon when there really should be one. Presumably the latter can be fixed, though.

For our part though, we have... A LUCKY EGG? Blimmin' eck, the hake's being nice to us. And we have our first proper confirmation of Fairy type! Looks like everything's coming up roses. Except for Pine. Okay, maybe for Pine, if he is indeed enjoying his kidnapping. But there's only one way to find that out.

Next time, we try and figure out where Pine has gone!
For anyone who wants to play this themselves, the latest version of the hack can be found here.

Last edited:
A

Appleture Science

...wow. This. Is a thing that exists.
I have a plush Shadow Lugia.
Stabs the foe with poison a steeped arm or tentacle? I think someone mixed up word order there.
Ah yes, Orre names. Some of them... are just orreful. Some are neat, though.

We need some shinies. Pretty sure Cube shinies are odd colourwise, it's fun.
Krane was one of the more reasonable ones, I never saw a problem with it except that it wasn't a tree. Huh.
JOVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

>Zack
Nononono NO CHOBIN IS THE BEST NAME FOR HIM HE IS NOT A ZACK I DISAPPROVE STRONGLY OF THIS. Hakesmith if you're reading this please change his name back THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Ah yes, Kaminko's inventions.
Of course :v I forgot about that one.

I would've thought they'd import from Johto originally.
Stockholm!
I actually forgot it had the +.
Oh. Well. That exists. Also I vote you use Ralts all the way :v

And Lily will wait here, pine-ing for him. /shot

V

Versil

Hey, that was unexpected. looks like I'm missing quite a lot after being banished from mirrorchat

The blurb sounds interesting, let's hope the game can actually deliver. And who needs reviewing stuff for the exam the next day when there are XD hakes.

half-masked.

Still, we should have a Shadow Xerneas called X-Deer 001.

Splitting Moon Blast sounds like quite a Majora difference.

And well, still nothing can top Ariados' beam-type attack using animation. You know which one.

Well, that's definitely not a 100% reason to remember the name now.

Mhm, as far as I can remember (which is very little and limited to guessing), that might be the event Beldum's moveset. Well, Hold Back is the major thing in it, everything else is legit one way or another. Post-checking correction: it's not. The event Beldum has Iron Defense, not Rock Polish. And since ORAS all three moves that aren't Hold Back are legit through move tutor. Rock Polish is not.

When the simulations start getting past the fourth wall, making you fully rely on your player knowledge, will it be METATRON? Yes, I'm just winging it.

Hopefully Pine doesn't take human test subjects, otherwise she'd be a guini pig.

Interesting explanation. wait that could potentially be the origin of Ufllbcan as well

KAMINKO SCIENCE IS THE GREATEST IN ZA WARUDO

With those lighting errors that could pass as a scene from DDS1.

Could've named him Zock at least.

If she's named Fey, I'm expecting Phoenix Wright jokes. And I expect no objection. Because had she still had her original name I could say that when the world gets in your face I say have a nice day.

What,Ihaven'tmentionedanysortofoilyet.Also,outof21itemsnamedPOLEinVietCrys,threeareactuallyballs.Heavy,LoveandLevel.You'llgetwhatIdidhereinjustasecond.

Good thing the machine wasn't renamed. Who knows what it could've become. Arm Armour Made Of Steal, perhaps.

That's the face of Monkey D. Luffy just before getting executed. And I don't even follow the series anymore.

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about its shadowness level?

Well, Cipher are the most genre savvy villains in the series after all, tied with Snagem. For that one scene, yes.

I'll get pls'd at for this one, but perhaps she should get some doctor to examine her colon.

I wonder if some more Shadow moves were added to be clones of other later-gen moves.

P

pluslefan

Oh my god a hack of XD Gale of Darkness why is this a thing.

Looks to be very exciting though so I'll be watching closely~

S

Skarmizard

A Gale of Darkness hack? Hype

*grabs popcorn and watches eagerly*
Also they gave people normal names

SnakeWrangler

Sorceress's Knight
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
>playthrough of my favorite Pokemon game
>Hack of said game
>Witty Bryss commentary

You bet your butter I'm watching this. This made my week.

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 14, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
What a time to be alive! I'm very impressed with this from a technical standpoint, progress always marches.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

L

lesbian xion

aah, pokemon xd: gale of darkness!! a good game

this is very cool, will be lurking.

Master Bryss

zd zd
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Their body is made of an intricate and interconnected weave of their own puns.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ehehe, I thought I'd get at least some response to this, but this is excellent. I'll update the OP with a link once I'm done here.
Perfect Apple: Yeah, the presentation isn't 100%, but I'm somehow more forgiving here. Funny thing is, I've used a Gardevoir through XD before, under the name BallMasque...

Versil: I literally found this two days ago, exclaimed at Escape a lot and then immediately wrote the part. No warning. :p I know the beam. It's definitely no farce. Oh, that's odd. Weirder is that Metang would get Agility by level, so why does it have Rock Polish here? To be fair, we are in the most edgy(worth) game in the series'... sequel. So anything could happen. Funny you should mention new Shadow moves...

Mattman324: Indeed. I'm expecting things from this.

Storm Luxray: Yeah, that's what I did first too.

pluslefan: We have truly reached a new era.

Skarmizard: It just feels so wrooooong! Maybe Rider Willie will be changed to Rider Xercobob for balance.

swampmist1142: ...I'm missing something here.

SnakeWrangler: I'm glad I'm good for something. :v

JL_muserwolves: From what it looks like, the guy behind it has also created something that randomises Colosseum in some capacity and is planning on releasing tools to help other people make Cube hakes. It's all very interesting.

Lady Chocobo: Hopefully this will actually be fun to play, too. I have high hopes.

Grunty: Excellent, isn't it?
PSA: I updated Dolphin about 25% of the way through this part. The text went a bit funny for a bit, but now it's back to normal. I think.

Lily really is a no-nonsense sort of woman. She may have lost her research partner (and as far as my headcanon is concerned, Fey's secret biological father), but she's soldiering on like a champion, being so bold as to... order us to go get her a vital component. And, of course, we will be accompanied again. This is the last time Fey will be joining us though, thank goodness. Brace for jump cut!

Advantages of using an emulator: Gateon Port looks even prettier than it normally does.

Disadvantages of using an emulator: Fey's oddly gaunt mouth and proportionally non-existent nose in full HD.

Disadvantages of bringing Fey: her tendency to aggravate Groose's distant and more aggressive relative, Thug Zook. Sorry, Zeke. This one actually works by virtue of not being too far removed from the original name.

Not to mention his Shadow Zangoose. Again, spoilers for about five seconds from now.

Fortunately, we don't need to fight said Zangoose, which is Level 28+ in the original game. That will instead be done by the right hand of mysterious old dude seen at the start of the game who totally isn't the villain because we did that in Colosseum and we wouldn't just repeat a plot point like that, Mr Verich. Again, Mr Banks works well here because he's supposed to be loaded. What works less well is the redubbing of Ardos as Troy. Ardos sounded like some sort of uptight elf prince, which worked well with his conspicuous outfit and blue hair. Troy just makes him sound like a camp hairstylist.

You will note that I said Zangoose was 28+ in the original. It isn't here. This indicates that the penultimate dungeon had had a sharp level increase. Welp. Another interesting thing about this fight is that Troy's Manectric has Intimidate. In an earlier build of this fight, there was apparently a chance for Zeke's Zangoose to win, which somehow caused it to flee from battle and led to there being two Shadow Zangoose in the game via a mechanic we'll get to later. This clearly got overfixed.

Tl;dr: Troy obliterates Zeke, glitches don't happen.

STOP ZOOMING IN ON PEOPLE. THOSE EARLOBES CAN'T BE HUMAN.

Foreshadowy interlude over, we run into Fey's friend Emili (sic) and her mother Acri. Since these are very minor characters, their renaming isn't as big a deal. They tell us where the Parts Shop is, and we move on.

The Parts Shop owner, however, isn't here, and his grandson is also out. We actually saw the shop owner briefly at Dr. Clark's House, so back there we shall go. The name Perr, incidentally, is mercifully retained from Colosseum. He was part of a group of kids that assisted the protagonist of that game, all of whom had a double consonant deal at the end of their names except for one. This gives me hope that the BEST CHARACTER has also kept his name...

Before we head off, though, the stand-in has one last gift for us. He'll give us a choice of items with which to evolve our Eevee. We'll be going with Espeon, since whenever I play this I usually pick something that wasn't in Colosseum and I feel like a change.

Obviously, the Stones work like Stones, but the Sun and Moon Shards are slightly different. For one thing, they're Key Items. Simply possessing one will allow Eevee to evolve into Espeon or Umbreon when it reaches the relevant amount of happiness. This means we'll need to wait a bit longer to evolve our Eevee, but eh. I'm not even sure I want to use Eevee through this entire game, especially not if I have Gardevoir. Since I have no idea what other Shadow Pokemon are in this, I have made no hard decisions at all as to final team. We'll play it by ear.

Jump cut! Chobin's got his act together a bit here. In vanilla, it's a mighty Magikarp that he brings in to supplement his Sunkern. And now, I shall fansplain how the Heart Gauge works. Incidentally, I'm not a massive fan of the word I have derived 'fansplain' from. Partly because I feel nearly every single human alive has done it at least once and I'm pretty sure the world's at 50/50, mostly because it's an incredibly clunky portmanteau clearly not designed by someone who understands closed syllables and they missed a trick by not coining the infinitely more satisfying and flowy 'dicktation.'

As you've probably worked out, the purple meter where the Exp. Bar should go is Ralts' Heart Gauge. This gauge can be lowered by a number of different methods, the effectiveness of each dependent on your Pokemon's Nature. As you walk around with it, the gauge goes down. It also goes down a bit the first time you send it out in battle.

Once a bar is completely empty, the Pokemon usually regains a move. Once the third bar goes down, you're actually told what your Pokemon's Nature is. Don't ask me why. Anyway, here we've regained Fairy Wind, which is nice. However, both our opponents resist Fairy, so we'll use 'Shadow Pulse' instead.

'Shadow' type moves are super-effective against all non-Shadow Pokemon, and not very effective against Shadow Pokemon. This was not the case in Colosseum, where there was only one Shadow move, Shadow Rush, which was a 90 power physical recoil move. All Shadow Pokemon in vanilla XD normally come with at least two 'Shadow' type moves, usually an attacking move and a support move, but apparently that's no longer the case. This hake also seems to have added new Shadow moves. Shadow Pulse here is a 50 power Special move that has a chance to make the opponent flinch. I am completely on-board with this.

When a Shadow Pokemon uses a Shadow move, there is a chance that it will enter Reverse Mode (Hyper Mode in Colosseum), or 'Aura Burst' as it's called here. I actually like the new name, it better indicates what's happening, namely that the darkness is taking over and all inhibitions are dangerously absent. While it's in this mode, you can't use items on it and if you command it to use a non-Shadow move, it might use a Shadow move anyway. Also, it takes a small amount of damage at the end of the round. Back in Colosseum, it also increased the critical hit ratio of Shadow moves, but I'm not sure if that happens now.

To cure Aura Burst, you need to use a command unique to Colo/XD: Call. Because all battles in Colo/XD (well, 99% in XD) are Trainer Battles, the Run command's a bit useless, so it got replaced with Call, a multi-purpose command. It can be used to cure Aura Burst, taking off some of the Heart Gauge. If a Pokemon is asleep, it can be used to wake it. If neither of the two previous conditions are true, it raises a Pokemon's accuracy by one stage (it doesn't do this in Colosseum). It's also super-useful if all you've got left to do in a battle is catch a Pokemon and you can't weaken it any more, as it can be used to conserve your PP in a technique I call 'the ol' Ball 'n' Call routine' preferably in the most faux-western accent possible.

One final note, and then I swear that's it. The lower a Pokemon's Heart Gauge is, the higher the chance it will enter Aura Burst if you use a Shadow move. Right, now we can move on. Except... we can't. One last bit of admin first. From this point on, I'm using the newest version of Dolphin instead of my old one. I wasn't able to import my old save, so I've just started again. Everything's the same, except my Ralts is now female, my team's Natures are different, and my name is not ALL CAPS. NOW we can move on.

Inside the mansion, we find Makan/Mitch, the owner of the Parts Shop. He drops some plot hints and toddles off back to his shop.

Following him back to Gateon Port, we're able to meet Perr, who has finished fixing these rotating bridge things. This unlocks a bit more of Gateon Port, which is good for us because we have two more Shadow Pokemon to snag!

First off, there's a Casual Guy sitting out near a bit of rock face. In vanilla, he has a Ledyba, but now it's a Phanpy, a Pokemon we'd normally get a bit later in the game via a different method. The first time I played this game, I didn't even know this guy existed. He's so out of the waaaaay.

Anyhoo, Phanpy get! It has Shadow Rush as its only move right now, which in this game is a basic 50/100 Physical attack.

The other snag we can get is from the Bodybuilder at the top of the local Lighthouse, which is also filled with basic items on the way up. Poochyena is vanilla for this game, save for an increased Level (the same's true for Phanpy).

Pooch also comes with a new Shadow move, Shadow Creep. It's a 40/100 Physical priority move. I like.

It also comes with a different Hold Item! I don't remember if it just has Blackglasses normally. The Ultra Ball is just because Phanpy has Pickup. Funnily enough, I used Donphan in my last playthrough of XD. This probably means that neither of these two will see use. I mean, I used Gardevoir as well, but it's got a new Type here.

Back the Parts Shop, Perr gets us what we need. We return this to Lily, who needs a bit more time to finish the Purify Chamber. As such, she suggests we head elsewhere to purify our first Shadow Pokemon.

Namely our first returning location from Colosseum, Agate Village! It's home to a mythical Pikachu-using Trainer called Eagun. EAGUN. I'm sorry, but he didn't need to be made even more of an obvious reference. This is going in the pile along with Chobin.

On the plus side, his wife, Beluh/Bella, hasn't been renamed Misty or something, so I don't think he's been made the same person or anything. The sad thing is, Ash is a perfectly fitting name for him, it's just ruined by the baggage it comes with. Anyway, he instructs us to come to the Relic Stone, a legendary rock that was the sole method of purification back in Colosseum.

On the way, there's a small cave with four Trainers in it who offer us purification advice. They're not very difficult.

As a side note, what you are witnessing in the glitchtext screen is the effect of Ralts using Psybeam (the final move it remembers after Heal Bell). In vanilla XD, this is actually a beam, but here it seems to share Confusion's graphic. I'm not really sure why this is. After all, no new graphics were added. Right?

By the end of the trip, Ralts is ready to have its heart opened, something that can only happen once the gauge is at zero. We also get the Cologne Case, which holds massage scents that can be purchased in Agate and used to lower the Heart Gauges of Shadow Pokemon or to increase happiness.

Before we can reach the Stone though, one last challenge.

I say challenge. I mean drubbing.

With that out the way, Ralts is freed from the trappings of Shadowdom!

At this point, it regains the move in the slot the Shadow move occupied (here Will-O-Wisp), and all the experience it gained as a Shadow. It would appear that level-up sets got a rejig. This should help with the whole 'non-reusable TMs' thing, especially with how cheap the Relearner is.

We also get a special Ribbon and the chance to give it a nickname. The Name Rater is also here in Agate, so I'll take this chance to name everything else, too.

Much better. I have no name scheme here, I'm just doing whatever. So Beldum is Dwemer tech, Eevee leads the Society of Light and Ralts is top ballerina.

Returning to EAGUN's house, he tells us that a friend of his at Mount Battle may have a clue as to the whereabouts of the mysterious group that abducted Professor Pine. Unfortunately, I did waaaay too much exposition this part, so you'll have to wait a bit for the next time before we head out there...

SnakeWrangler

Sorceress's Knight
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
(Phanpy is not a Shadow Pokemon in this game. It is merely wild.)

Oh man, they even got new shadow moves! All of this is super cool. That level curve increase (Zeke in particular) has me a bit worried though, hopefully you won't have to grind too much.

Here's hoping they didn't change the Hexagon Bros' names.

V

Versil

Pls. XD + hake + Master Bryss and you're surprised by the response to the first update.

Well, Agility and Rock Polish are pretty much the same thing, so whatever. Gamefreak, take notes and stop having Cubone learn both Leer and Tail Whip by level. Did I call something with Shadow moves?

That's a really nice looking scene- fire it with kill.

Repeated plot points? In Pokémon games?

inb4 Greevil is actually a robot. I mean, the Japanese name of Mr. Verich is Mecharich. No, seriously.

Miror BB.?

Well, so you could've gone with best eeveelution Vaporeon instead if you intend to use Gardevoir.

At least it's not a malamanteau.

Oh, well then. And I have no idea what Shadow Pulse is a Shadow clone of, as the only special flinch move with the power of 50 or less is Twister.

RIP Awakenings, you've never really been useful before either.

Gateon, the Cheese-type Eeveelution

A priority move, good, more variety.

Eagun renamed. Mr. Sorbo, what do you have to say for this?

I guess more of text warping could count as nostalgia towards how cool the animations were in gen2?

And your Ralts gets Shadow Ball right after the purification. Oh the irony. An amazingly good movepool-wise irony.

Yes, it's certainly intriguing how they returned to having just that as the postgame facility in ORAS.

Also I just realized, there's one immediately bad thing this hake did to XD.
The title isn't an accidental emote anymore.

A

Appleture Science

We need XD201.
Well, I would assume it's a LOT harder to hack this.
...dun dun duuuun.

...wow, she looks so anime.
Oh, that one works well. BUT AT LEAST GROOSE GETS REDEEMED even if it is wild-mass-guessed that he's the originator of Ganondorf's bloodline
Noooo, they're Ardos and Eldes and they will always be Ardos and Eldes even if I keep getting them mixed up.
...huh. That... oh, Miror B. had one of them, right?

I forgot about his earlobes.
so do we get Enn...y
BUT BUT. GET THE FLOOF. TAKE THE FLOOF.
I wonder what happens if you have both shards?

But but. He needs a karp hat.
Oooh, nice.
And you probably have different IVs. But still.
Funny thing though, I keep misreading Dolphin as the web browser Deoxys has which is also called Dolphin. Alas, Deoxys will not be able to play XD.

Ooh, Phanpy. Nice.
Wuff wuff.
what, not Shadow Sneak?
Oh hey, Dread Plate. Shadow Arceus confirmed. NOW USE AN ANTIDOTE ON YOUR POOR PHANPY.

EAGUN. EAGUN. THE ANIME DOESN'T EXIST, ASH IS A MORON. E-A-G-U-N. At least make it Mt.Silver!Red!
Call him Soot or something.
Pika pika.
What do you mean, way too much exposition?

EAGUN EAGUN CHOBIN EAGUN AAAGHGHGHGHHHH

C

civlover97

Seriously, they changed the names? I would be fine with just the random Trainer names looking less like a letter-based Markov chain that got fed text from every language that uses the Latin alphabet, but most of the actual characters have names that... you know, actually mean something.

A

Appleture Science

StarsMmd said:
Perfect Apple said:
Hakesmith if you're reading this...
;)
Do I take this as merely a notification of it having been read or a sign that it will be done? Because if the latter, please change Eagun back too :v
or change his name to Steve

In all seriousness, this is really impressive and how even did you do that.

P

pluslefan

:/

Really Eagun is Ash now? You're quite right when you say it carries too much baggage.

Aside from this the level jump is quite concerning as I recall having difficulty at that part in general, and with a raised level? I echo others in that I hope you don't have to do too much grinding.

On the other hand I look forward to Mt Battle not being total garbage for a bunch of areas until it starts getting hard, so woopie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)