• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Video Kanto Johto General Pokemon Soul Silver Randomized Unlocke - My hardened version of a standard nuzlocke

Thread Description
Pokemon Soul Silver Randomized Unlock (Harder Nuzlocke) - Daily uploads

TommyLew

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, thank you in advance for giving me a moment of your time!

My whole life I've wanted to be an entertainer and for years I've observed other Poketubers do what I love wishing I could be like them. Well, I decided to go for it. I've been researching various communities to try and connect with more people and share my content as I truly believe I have something to other people. I hope you decide to check out my content and stick around with me. I'm a highly energetic, passionate gamer and Pokemon was one of my first ever games. I started with red version on the gameboy black and white.

However, here I am sharing my best project to date - my Soul Silver Randomized Unlocke. A Nuzlocke with a difficult twist I think you will love.
Please find the specific rules and randomizer details below the video:

Standard Nuzlocke rules:

1. If a Pokemon faints it is DEAD and no longer usable.
2. You can only catch your FIRST encounter on each route.
3. You must NICKNAME each and every Pokemon to strengthen the bond.

Unlocke Rules:
As well as the rules above the game starts off more limiting to us as we unlock something with each gym badge we attain. The unlocks go as followed:
First badge - Allow use of healing items
Second badge - Allow evolutions
Third badge - Allow 4 Pokemon in your party
Fourth badge - Allow use of TMs
Fifth badge - Allow 5 Pokemon in your party
Sixth badge - Allow use of held items
Seventh badge - Allow 6 Pokemon in your party
Eighth badge - Give a revive to a previously dead Pokemon

Randomizer details are fairly standard: TMs, items, wild pokemon, trainer pokemon abilities are all randomized completely. Rival keeps their starter throughout the game. Level increase is at 10%. Trade evolutions are disabled and fully evolved pokemon are forced at level 45.

I hope you appreciate my work and join me on my journey.

Thanks in advance Team!

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Episode 2 - This challenge is hard!

The title says it all, in this episode we progress to Sprout Tower and I begin to learn the added difficulties this Unlocke varient is going to bring me. We get some new encounters and make decisions on who to add to the team. (Remember we're only allowed 3 Pokemon in the party right now!)

Please find the video below and feel free to share your thoughts on the Unlocke idea, my commentary or anything you like. Also if you wish me to name a future encounter after you / your chosen nickname then just let me know!

Thanks Team!

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 3 - I lost already?!?!

In this episode Tommy and the gang get ready for their toughest test yet, Falkner of Violet City. Will they achieve victory and claim their first gym badge? Or will Tommy make fun of Falkner's hair and get taught a lesson? Either way it's going to be a challenge as with 0 unlocks so far, healing items are still not allowed!

Enjoy and thanks Team!

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 4 - Why do I suck?

After the tragedy of the previous episode we pick ourselves up and carry on building bonds with our new team in the hope they'll last longer this time. Will we get to sprout tower? Will we get to Falkner? Or will we be forever stuck in the limbo that is Violet City. Watch the vid to find out!

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 5 - Third Time Lucky for Revenge

We sadly follow on from another disastrous run of luck in the previous episode, it would appear that the evil forces of Team Rocket really don't want us to succeed in this Unlocke. However, we are ever persistent and dust ourselves off for the THIRD TIME and go again. So we wind up back at the lab with Elm to pick our 3rd and final starter Pokemon of this serious. Tommy then uses his 'super editing' attack to skip you forward to the encounters to move this story. Will we finally get that damn Zephyr badge? You can find out here...

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 6 - Can we survive?

In this episode Team Tommy III finally make progress past the first gym leader. However, the journey will only get thought from here on. But with strong member of Charizard, Blastoise and Oddish the world is looking good for them. But how long will that last? Find out here:

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 7 - A Legendary Panic

In this episode Tommy and the gang have a few big tasks at hand. First up we need to help old Kurt take down Team Rocket and save the Slowpoke of Azela Town. Secondly, they have their second gym challenge awaiting them. The current squad made short work of Falkner and his crew but will this be the same story? You can tell by the title it's not.... Enjoy!

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 8 - The Egg is a what?

The gang were successful in their attempt to claim the second badge and avoided any deaths against Dialga. In this episode they venture through Ilex Forest on the road to reach glorious Goldenrod City. Many goodies await them there in the large department store and it is about time the mystery egg will hatch. I wonder what it could be... Watch below to find out!

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 9 ---- Whitney's Plain... Badge!

It's already time to try and claim our 3rd badge and unlock a 4th slot on the party! If we can overcome Whitney it will be a hard choice choosing our 4th member due to serious power in the PC! Check out what happens below!

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 10 ----

Third badge down, look at us go! Hard to believe 5 episodes ago we were on our 3rd restart. Now it's time to blood in our newest team member and head towards the next badge and unlock... Hope you enjoy

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 11 - Morty's Madness

I CAN'T BELIEVE OUR PACE GANG! In this episode we gear up for the 4th badge and 4th unlock! This team is monsterous and they want TMs BADLY all they need to do is beat Morty, but can they? Find out below!

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 12 - Godly Encounters + Layout Glow Up

In this episode our epic journey through Johto continues as stand proud with our 4 official gym badges and with our new unlocked ability to use TMs. We discover an amazing Pokemon in the wild and endeavour to get them on the team. We also update the layout and logo with help from friend of the channel BakerBulbasaur - what a guy! This is a cracker so hope y'all enjoy:

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 13 - Under-levelled Gym Attempt

In this episode we cross the ocean from Olivine to Cianwood in order to collect the secret potion to cure Amphy. However, whilst making the long travel south-west we decide it's probably best to claim another badge and another unlock too. Although, there's a catch, the gang are now horribly under-levelled. Will they succeed? Or will they perish under Chuck's might fists? Find out below

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 14 - Hunting a Shiny

Well, Tommy and co managed to get out of Chuck's gym unscathed and with that they have their 5th unlock of the series; a 5th party member. So Athena the Machamp joins the team and we look to start training her up to an appropriate level. In this episode the gang make their way over to the Lake of Rage for more encounters, one being a shiny. I wonder what they'll find...

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 15 - Hyper Beam to the Face

We're at that point in the game when it's time to take down the evil gang. In this case it's Team Rocket at it again hiding their base in a mystery house in the small town of Mahogany. We're not entirely sure what they're up to but we have the Champion Lance at our side to help us wipe out these bad guys. Will we make it through the hideout in one piece? Or will Lance's Dragonite go overboard and start hyper-beaming us too? Only one way to find out...

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 16 - Worst Death Ever

Well, we cleared out Team Rocket's hideout and sent them running off (to the radio tower) and now we have some badges we can attain, and with that more unlocks! The next unlock is a biggy, as we will be allowed to use held items ad we have some great ones such as the choice band. If all goes to plan we can do a little grinding, get some encounters and claim badges... IF... Check out what happens below:

TommyLew

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 29, 2020
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Episode 17 - Finally a Full Team

In this episode we mourn the loss of our Charizard Zara. Who was the best starter anyone could have asked for. She got us out of some tricky times but her time had come. Moving on we replaced her slot with our shiny Magmortar who has big shoes to fill. Can she take the heat and help us beat Pryce? (Giving us our 7th unlock and a 6th party slot). Find out here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)