• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Galar Teen Mon Pokemon Royal Nuzlocke (Pokemon Shield)

Thread Description
Updates Every other Friday. Last Update (8/8/2020)

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sarah, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
New page is up!!!!! Feel free to check the table of contents or click the spoiler below!!

Some notes about this! I've decided I want to up the quality of my pages so they are going to be updated every other week now and Ideally on Fridays as I prepare for university and all.

Pokemon who were cut from the National Dex are considered Illegal to be brought to Galar on account of prior instances of invasive species so bringing one, even as an accident, is a pretty big deal and can get you in allot of trouble.

Sarah's condition is not blindness, I just wanted to clarify since her eyes are always closed. That's just a stylistic thing but I will get into it later.

You can own Pokemon without a trainer's license but entering battles without one can lead to serious consequences.

And I think that's it!! Like I said though there's going to be allot of game changers so I hope y'all hang on with me!!

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokemon who were cut from the National Dex are considered Illegal to be brought to Galar on account of prior instances of invasive species so bringing one, even as an accident, is a pretty big deal and can get you in allot of trouble.
I mean you COULD probably get a permit for some of them from Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra, but that still requires jumping through a ton of hoops:
there's the fee, the wait times, becoming an elite trainer at the Dojo (which even then good luck becoming a student there)...

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Well, this has certainly started out with a bang. Klefki makes sense as a Pokemon that a thief would use; will our heroes rescue the kidnapped Pokemon in time?

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Woo, kicking off the plot with a huge bang! I like the liberties taken with the bare bones set up and plot of SwSh, Pokemon thieves and illegal Pokemon species, very neat!

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
Ooh this is already so exciting! Hopefully they can catch the poketheif before they get too far!
I also love Leon's face in the first panel hes there, made me chuckle

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
You know the Galar Border Patrol comics? I feel like the concept of illegal Pokemon is one that's rife with possibility in Galar. (I mean, there's always the question of why Pokemon "from the future" aren't in older games, but the whole circumstances of gen 8 are such a different situation than there has been in the past....)

Alba Corbina

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
That’s a pretty cool explanation for Dexit. Hope they can catch the Pokethief!

Riboo

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Welp, I'm totally invested (MORE SO NOW) Alternate start, some interesting world building going on, some unexpected Pokemon entering the scene from the get go, the alternate start to the usual game? I"M ALL IN MO FO, LETS RIDE THIS ROLLER COASTER!

Nessi

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Well I just saw that you have a comic too and really love it so far! The art is really pretty and i love that you add your own characters to the Cast : D The generational theme it seems to have is especially interesting

TheLastUnicornInOz

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sarah, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
ASDFGHJKL THank you guys so much for all the support on the first two pages!!! Like I said no new page this week but I finally finished the cover!!! (A bit out of order I know) You may recognize the reference if you squint xD

Also could someone pm me how to do that mass quote thing so I could respond to y'all without having to do a bunch of individual posts ^^;

Nessi

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Oh I love it! : D It reminds me of Vintage Newspaper^^ And if you click on the quote button on multiple post in a row and then hit insert quotes it will add all of them (just learned this myself recently)

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Man, OCs up the wazoo? I think I'm ready for this shit, like hard core just take my money and lets get this fuckin' DONE SON!

TheLastUnicornInOz

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sorry for slight delay!! Been moving dorms and it's a pain!!! Here is the next page! Open the spoiler or click into the table of contents for higher resolution!

Quick notes before I get into replies! I am still figuring out backgrounds while I figrue out Clipstudio lol. Please be patient with me xD

I mean you COULD probably get a permit for some of them from Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra, but that still requires jumping through a ton of hoops:
there's the fee, the wait times, becoming an elite trainer at the Dojo (which even then good luck becoming a student there)...
And that's not even to mention that they're so careless at the dojo they might just let someone else take your spot if they get you mixed up!

Well, this has certainly started out with a bang. Klefki makes sense as a Pokemon that a thief would use; will our heroes rescue the kidnapped Pokemon in time?
I mean Klefki is literally able to break any lock! It's some what surprising you don't see more fire types guarding things for this very reason!

Woo, kicking off the plot with a huge bang! I like the liberties taken with the bare bones set up and plot of SwSh, Pokemon thieves and illegal Pokemon species, very neat!
That was the plan! With how empty it starts it's dissapointing but it just means there's room to go nuts!

Ooh this is already so exciting! Hopefully they can catch the poketheif before they get too far!
I also love Leon's face in the first panel hes there, made me chuckle
That face started as a placeholder when I was sketching but I loved it too much XD

You know the Galar Border Patrol comics? I feel like the concept of illegal Pokemon is one that's rife with possibility in Galar. (I mean, there's always the question of why Pokemon "from the future" aren't in older games, but the whole circumstances of gen 8 are such a different situation than there has been in the past....)
I didn;t know about those comics but omg those made me laugh!! And that was kinda the idea, to make more of an excuse in game and having the Isle of Armour being able to support different wildlife it's own thing!

That’s a pretty cool explanation for Dexit. Hope they can catch the Pokethief!
But who is this thief dun dun dun

Welp, I'm totally invested (MORE SO NOW) Alternate start, some interesting world building going on, some unexpected Pokemon entering the scene from the get go, the alternate start to the usual game? I"M ALL IN MO FO, LETS RIDE THIS ROLLER COASTER!
HECK YEAH Let's get the show on the road!

Well I just saw that you have a comic too and really love it so far! The art is really pretty and i love that you add your own characters to the Cast : D The generational theme it seems to have is especially interesting
Thanks! I mean, themes are pretty absent from this game so I thought I'd might go in depth in a few that are kinda personal too

From the Cover

Oh I love it! : D It reminds me of Vintage Newspaper^^ And if you click on the quote button on multiple post in a row and then hit insert quotes it will add all of them (just learned this myself recently)
You know you're right!! It's tbh based on a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Cover! (AND THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS IS MUCH EASIER)

Man, OCs up the wazoo? I think I'm ready for this shit, like hard core just take my money and lets get this fuckin' DONE SON!
YES Mostly because I felt it'd be weird if everyone was 11 running around with adults xD But fear not a good chunk of the wonderul original cast will still be hanging around!

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Oooo I love how you stylized Scorbunny! The textures on his fluff are so good. And I like the liberties you've taken with the slumbering weald subplot - makes much more sense to run after a Pokemon thief than a random Wooloo!

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
Ahh, gotta love having a hero complex when you definitely aren't fit to be a hero! This is getting exciting!!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I wonder what's gonna happen to that thief, invading the legendary doges' stomping ground...

sociopathicotter

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pokémon Type
Water
A couple people already brought this up, but your explanation for Dexit is fantastic, it makes so much sense in-universe for such a ridiculous out-of-universe restriction haha. I also love how you fleshed out each and every one of your characters, it'll be interesting to see how each of them kinda interact and come together (because hopefully this rescue mission doesn't go horribly awry haha)

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Aw ye, I'm already down for where this adventure takes us > W> Already loving one Scorbun and one QUICK TO GET INTO TROUBLE gal < w< Cause heck, that's a lot more fun than standing on the sidelines.

Alba Corbina

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Ooh I wonder why the pokethieves dropped the pokeball? It might be just 'cause they're rushing, but considering that it's Slumbering Weald, it could be something more ominous!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)