• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Mafia Pokemafia 3: Oh God Not Another One Edition

Thread Description
Night 3

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
gonna try to put up a bigpost in a bit but for now

vote: eevee

Norhian Samur

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
I apologize for not posting til now, I've been pretty busy and kinda forgot about this game.

Anyway Misc/Eevee/Rue all seem like solid choices to lynch. Misc is definitely a safe lynch, but I'm pretty sure they're not a game ender. Eevee and Rue both give us a lot of info. Rue I think is likely town but lynching Rue would make sense. I also feel like Eevee's defenses have been rather weird. Eevee feels like the best lynch imo.

Vote: Eevee

TheHumanCleric

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ice, Psychic
Oh yeah, gotta vote before I forget. I'd rather vote for Misc, but I'm also fine with lynching him next phase if he hasn't left. That said, I want to make sure we get a majority through, so Vote: Eevee for reasons made by other people.

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
here is a summary and a scumhunt

both hobo and kesha die.

-- idk if this has already been said but that means there there is an extra night killing role, and it could be any alignment. i think the number of deaths we get at the end of the next day phase will shed some light on what exactly this second killing role is.

cirr makes a fluffpost, as he does.

-- because cirr posted so early in the phase this post doesn't read as mafia to me as it normally might.

there is a cry, egge suggests claiming items.

-- this WOULD be a fine enough idea if we didn't literally have a game ending third party that needed to know what items we had lol

zaazaa starts things off. ok.

eevee got flinched. ok.

i reveal myself as starmie and reveal i got a guilty on eevee.

-- like people have already said, this means one of three things: i'm mafia, eevee is mafia, or there is an investigation manipulation role in the game.

mouse posts.

-- mouse asking for village to come forward if they were the one responsible for making the second kill is interesting because no one has come forward yet. this leads me to believe that the second kill was made by either the mafia or third party, OR that if village has a night killing role the person who has that role is unaware of it.

also, it's fascinating that both eevee and mouse were flinched but only mouse revealed specifically what flinched her. i believe eevee brings this up later, but i don't really see it out of the realm of possibility that there are multiple flinching roles in the game that flinch in different ways; additionally i don't really see any reason why mafia would want to make up being hit by a move like that so this comes off pretty village to me.

rueblie outs themself as the crier, and requests that everyone post f..

-- this whole thing has basically already been resolved so i don't need to comment on this.
eevee and mouse have an exchange about the rock slide thing. in between, vgbm and rueblie post.

-- yeah mouse rebutted eevee well i think. i also don't really know what to make of eevee coming to the conclusion of investigation tampering first over me just lying about my result, but i felt the need to bring it up.

mouse's apprehension (and villlage's apprehension in general) with rueblie was kinda weird though just because if rueblie was scum i don't feel like they'd come forward and ask village to fulfill their condition so openly as they did? which is why i was so quick to just jump on it. although i did more or less clock quagsire as one of the third parties as soon as i got their pm so i didn't really think rueblie was a third party to begin with.

cirr is "more trusting of eevee than mouse". weird.

rueblie reveals their role as unown-f, and miscellaneous posts to support as well.

lharm does the plusie strat.

cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure. also we know he's treecko i guess.

egge posts f, and shiny also posts.

-- i don't take much from either of these posts, although thanks shiny for supporting me lol

there's some discourse around the plusie strat, and vgbm does a lil analysis thingy.

-- yeah all that looks about right.

rueblie gets enough fs to satisfy their investigation, and they reveal that zaazaa, lharm, and myself are all village.

-- eevee says this later but i find it interesting that eevee isn't one of the targets here. although given that this happened so quickly i have a slight hunch that rueblie picked their investigation targets last night as opposed to after they got the fs? i dunno, hard to tell. @Rueblie please advise.
eevee posts a royal we and people get confused about it. so that's funny.

there's discussion over lynching either eevee or rueblie.

-- while rueblie's role is more useless for us at this point i think eevee is definitely the more straightforward lynch as he was actually found guilty by someone. while lynching rueblie could semi-clear me and zaazaa and lharm, i think that's pretty much just a really roundabout way of confirming my results. if eevee flips mafia, that clears me. if eevee flips village, you know either i'm lying or there's invest tampering. i dont think we're really told anything new if we lynch rueblie, because we still don't know if there's investigation tampering. so i still lean eevee on this.

mouse is......... confused.

-- ur doing amazing sweetie. but also rueblie using their power doesn't come off as suspicious to me at all. the call for the day kill thing was fun though.

read the thread though god damn, rueblie already explained why the fs i'm going to explode

pikachu makes a post, which i pretty much agree with.

rueblie makes a point about the day killing. it's a good point.

-- to summarize, given that hobo was already a village day killing role, it would be weird if there was another one, and thus if another one popped up it's more likely that they're mafia above anything else.
people explain the rueblie thing to mouse, and zaazaa votes for rueblie. bleh.

eevee leans further into the investigation tampering theory by suggesting that both rueblie and i are village.

-- i guess this should be fairly obvious but since i havent really said so until now, i dont trust eevee at all. i think that leaning into a "compromise option" to explain away my guilty result over simply suggesting that i'm lying is a really smart mafia play that eevee would make. i also think it's notable that he isn't suggesting a lynch target at this point.

vgbm makes a short post.

-- this is more or less how i feel. i get fairly village vibes from rueblie so i dont see much point in lynching them to get info. i think eevee is the much more straightforward option.

miscellaneous claims as quagsire.

-- ok so here are my thoughts on this:

i think we can trust misc - i just think that since she's a newer player she wouldn't deceive village hard into helping her win like this. but if we're really that worried about it, whoever she asks to convert can just say no. so i kinda think lynching her is a waste of time. and eevee seems pretty in favour of lynchign her now which is ew.

zaazaa posts, and vgbm and eevee have an exchange.

-- yeah i mean on the second paragraph here i've already said this but because we still won't have any insights as to whether the investigations are trustworthy or not, eevee is a much clearer lynch target than rueblie here. cirr says this as well, which. good. i dont have any comments to make about the eevee/vgbm thing.

zaazaa and pikachu also have an exchange.

-- tbh i dont think its really worth getting another wooper at all if we're really worried about misc. plus the role could just be a downgrade from whatever the target originally got, like i was a cop and a driver before being converted and now im just a cop. so

people vote for eevee.
eevee claims jigglypuff.

-- yeah there are a million reasons not to trust this that i think zaazaa brings up later but lol.

zaazaa gives reasons why eevee's claim is shaky.

-- yep i agree with all of this

overkill does some stuff, and shruikan posts.

-- again, i dont buy rueblie as a third party - the two 3p wincons are out in the open and one having two wincons (esp game ending wincons) seems a little silly. that point about the woopers leaving the game with quagsire is interesting though.

cleric posts, and saying something about being hooked by dazzling gleam. so that's fun.

hangman and mouse eevee claiming framer over directly opposing me. mouse also raises an eyebrow over eevee not using his alleged all hook on night 1.

-- re; eevee claiming framer - these are all points i feel like i've already addressed in some capacity so yeah. with eevee not using the hook, i agree with later points that it doesn't really make sense for him to do that. he only used the gmax move in mafia mafia bc he was third party i think.

eevee advocates lynching misc, and sows doubt on wooper investigations.

-- i guess wanting to lynch misc is a logical course of action for him here but still. bleh.

chess defends eevee, and votes for rueblie.

-- this reads, uh, slightly off to me given that people have already voted eevee - i find it weird that chess is still weighing eevee and rueblie about equally

there's some other stuff about game mechanics - the woopers and my investigation. i dont have any takeaways from this part.
shiny pikachu explains why i'm not necessarily guilty if eevee flips village.

-- yeah i mean i agree with this, and not just because i'm the one in the hot seat either. you voting for misc is weird though like why would you do that

overkill disagrees.

-- uhhhhh ok no shade but this post comes off like "i read what u have to say but i'm not gonna listen" lol

because it's unlikely for me to have played in such a way that i'd cc cop as mafia just to get eevee out of the way, that makes it more likely that my guilty result is because of investigation tampering if eevee is village. i am not confirmed mafia if eevee flips village and it feels kind of absurd that you're trying to push this narrative in light of shiny trying to say otherwise. this post doesn't read mafia to me necessarily but it is frustrating to read.

vgbm also disagrees.

-- eeeehhhh i dunno. this theory is a bit more plausible but the fact is it's never worth it for mafia to trade one for one on day 1 unless eevee was a really dangerous role or something. also i'm definitely not mafia so lmao.

rueblie posts.

-- i agree with p much everything in this post

misc clears up that the woopers dont leave the game with her.

-- yeah lynching misc is dumb. don't do it.

vgbm is suspicious of misc, still.

-- okay fine but also please keep in mind that even if she's weird whoever she tries to convert tomorrow can literally just say no

pikachu switches his vote. zorua also comes in to vote.

-- zorua gives a good succinct analysis. his point about misc's role being revealed upon her leaving is interesting.

cirr fluffposts. you're doing amazing sweetie.

there's some discourse about testing the wooper claims that i don't really have the energy to dissect right now so we'll just leave that for later i guess. calendar votes for eevee and shruikan votes for misc.

annnd page 8 just has a few votes so yeah.

generally speaking i'm the most suspicious of people who are trying to push a narrative of having village lynch either rueblie or miscellaneous, especially the latter. rueblie, okay, i could see reasoning for maybe going after them tomorrow, but lynching them before eevee is a bad move imo, and lynching misc right now is just a straight up waste of time. so, with that in mind:

i am the most suspicious of: eevee / chess / shruikan

you need to post more: paine / hangman / cleric / samur / zorua

is the third party: misc

pretty neutral: overkill / egge / calendar / pikachu / vgbm

vvv (vaguely village vibes): cirr / mouse / lharm / zaazaa

pretty solidly village: rueblie

thanks for reading have a nice day

Last edited:

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
Bug, Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
I picked my targets when I got the Fs. Investigating Eevee would have made a lot of sense but at the time I figured determining Floatzel would mean we could trust or distrust their investigation. I was kind of in a rush to get them done to ease people’s suspicions.

overkill

The Flatulent
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Cool
Pokédex Entry
A Pokemon composed primarily of shit
cheats

set to

god mode

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
Ok so before I die, I'm a chronic liar and not actually Jigglypuff. Just wanted a dumb reason to stay alive another phase.

My actual role could've been cool but is super boring in it's core. I just double the voting power of two people for the next day phase. This phase was Chess and Mouse. That role wouldn't have saved me so I made something up lol.

Otherwise, I'd still be wary of Mouse. If there was a mafia flincher, Mouse could be pretending to be flinched, but messed up on the wording on it.

Like always, check the people who voted against me (Granted I was "caught" by a cop so), but also keep in mind that the mafia would've thought I was telling the truth about my Jigglypuff role.

And like I've said before, don't just immediately lynch Panda when I flip village. I trust Zaa/Rue/LHarm for the most part, not enough to clear, but enough that I relatively trust their word.

Also Misc you should poke Rue with you're thing since they're a vanillager. Even if the cop role is useless, vanillager is equally useless.

I think that's all I wanted to go over? If I think of anything else in this last half hour I'll make another post but here take this one.

Paine

The doctorate is in pain.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/him; they/them; she/her
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
It never quite knows what it's doing. Yet, somehow, things still get done.
I should post more lol

But I don’t have much to contribute yet, & I... can’t really say I’m too eager to hop onto the current lynch train? This whole situation just feels off & about the only person here whose word I’m willing to take is Misc. The Unown claim just reads hasty, like ‘hey I totally have this power & can conveniently bolster the one claiming to have investigated’ (I don’t doubt at least one or two were village, that’s just the sensible play ofc xD), though I will give that the mod-crier post is a pretty big point in their favour (Then again, maybe we’ve got a mafia crier, idk).

All that said, I’m not 100 trusting of Eevee, fake role-ing is definitely sus as hell, & I can’t say I have strong opinions yet on anyone else.

Will vote: Eevee, unless something wild happens in the next ten minutes.

Last edited:

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
Anyways I have 3 possible people to choose from to acquire the sire, so imma just roll a d4 and hope it doesn't roll 4

VGBM

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
A 4 just means reroll. Easy.

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him whatever the male ones are idk
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alright thats the phase.

DEAD: EeveeFTW - Alcremie (Villager)

Alcremie:
Decorate: During the night, choose two players. This does not count as a visit. Going into the next day phase, the two selected players will have the weight of their vote doubled.

Yo its night 2 now. Ya got 24 hours. You know the bada-bing bada-boom.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Okay who the fuck played the inverted song of time.

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
Bug, Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.

LucarioOfLegends

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Hey,

As you probably know phase is just a little delayed. Irl was kinda tough this weekend, so I just could not get it out. Phase will be up at noon EST tommorow that I can guarantee.

LucarioOfLegends

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry

Yo I'm back and so is Day 2

Big stuff tonight

DEAD: Zaazaa0 - Smeargle (Village)
DEAD: Overkill - Weezing (Village)

WIN: Miscellaneous - Quagsire (Third Party)
DEAD & WIN: Zorua3 - Groudon (Third Party) (Explanation below)

Smeargle
Sketch: Every night, you may visit a player to learn their role (not alignment). Furthermore, once per game you may "Sketch" their role, aquiring their abilities while losing your ability to check. You can sketch the actions of a third party, however you will not aquire their win condition.

Weezing
Explosion: If you are hit with an attack at night that would kill you, you will take the attacker down with you.

Quagsire
AQUIRE THE SIRE: You are a very helpful Quagsire, looking to help people aquire the sire. Each night, you may visit a player and ask them if they would like to aquire the sire. If they say "yes", their role will convert into Wooper. If they say "no", nothing will happen. If you successfully convert two people to Wooper, you will dance happily and leave the game as a winner. You cannot convert 3rd Party roles.

Groudon
At the start of the game, a random person will be given a Red Orb. Every night, you can visit a player to learn what items they have. Furthermore, once during the night you can also shoot a player. This cannot be reflected, but can still be blocked. If you kill a player, you will recieve what items they had. If the items include a Red Orb, you will experience Primal Reversion and transform into Primal Groudon, ending the game as the sole winner. If the player with the Red Orb is killed, it will be given to another player. Note: You are not immune to kills.
Obviously I don't want to give away too much since game is still going, but Groudon requested that they are not a game ender if they were to win by D2. Also there was just a lot of very unfortunate chance involved with Groudon in general even past the fast win, so even if I am going against previous rulings I think this is probably the most fair option.

DMs will take a little time but this is the start of Day 2, and will last 48 Hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)