• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Mafia Pokemafia 3: Oh God Not Another One Edition

Thread Description
Day 3 8/5

A shiny pikachu?

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
I don't agree with over kill that if eevee is villager Floatzel is mafia because it makes no sense for a mafia to make a play like this. It's to risky for mafia, they'd get one villager but lose a mafia and that is not a good trade for mafia. That's why i think eevee is mafia or there is a mafia of third party messing with the results .
I do agree that we don't know what happens to are wooper boys, and I'm never a fan of losing 2 villagers for no good reason.
Im happy to give eevee more time to explain themselve and kill third party in the meen time.
Vote :misc

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
ok yeah my invest was as starmie so take that as you will

overkill

The Flatulent
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Cool
Pokédex Entry
A Pokemon composed primarily of shit
I don't agree with over kill that if eevee is villager Floatzel is mafia because it makes no sense for a mafia to make a play like this. It's to risky for mafia, they'd get one villager but lose a mafia and that is not a good trade for mafia. That's why i think eevee is mafia or there is a mafia of third party messing with the results .
I do agree that we don't know what happens to are wooper boys, and I'm never a fan of losing 2 villagers for no good reason.
Im happy to give eevee more time to explain themselve and kill third party in the meen time.
I agree that it's a shit strategy for Mafia to play like this, and an even shitter strategy for a third party to play like that. But whether or not it's a shit strategy doesn't affect my point: If Eevee turns up as village, then it's not wrong to assume that Floatzel is Mafia.

You don't seem very pro town. I'll keep my eye on you 👀

VGBM

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Tbh I could see it. Floatzel claims invest, and gets lawyered in case he's investigated to remove doubt right away. Not saying it's a smart strategy, but it is a strategy, potentially.

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
Bug, Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
I trust my investigation and it says Floatzel is village. Even if they’re wrong about Eevee which may or may not be the case, that’s definitely no reason to kill them.

I also have to say I’m not super into killing off third parties like this. Misc doesn’t seem like a threat to me, a role that can win so quickly doesn’t seem like one that would end the game to me.

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
I checked Lucario, and the Woopers don’t leave the game, only I do. So, uh, can I be not lynched, please?

SweatingCalendar

Alligator lizards in the air, in the aaaaaiiiiiirr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Im also against lynching Misc, sure its possible both Woopers leave the game, though its also possible the Woopers die if Misc is killed so its risky either way. Plus we're going to get a 2nd invest role by next day phase with a 2nd Wooper so this sounds like a good risk to keep them around to me

VGBM

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
It doesn't make sense to me that a 3rd party would change someone's roll just to immediately remove them from the game, but at the same time, I don't trust that a 3rd party role would be so, purely beneficial to the village. There must be something more to it that Misc isn't telling us, I just don't know what.

Alolan Floatzel

🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
i highly doubt misc would come forward like this if their wincon was game ending, plus based on experience i don't think they're hiding anything

i still think the most useful lynch for right now is eevee

A shiny pikachu?

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
Well I've just come to show people the numbers
Eevee: 8 votes
Rue: 1 vote
I'm pretty sure I counted correctly.
I'm never a Fan of third parties winning in any case because it meens we have less
numbers of non mafia members, eg are split now is 15/5 but if they win that goes to 14/5 it might not seem like much but it might it might give us one less day phase to find mafia.
I'm fine not lynching them but i think we shouldn't let them leave the game.
Unvote :misc
Vote :eevee

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
Like I said, there's a decent chance the Woopers aren't actually useful cops. There's a bunch of cop variants that aren't useful, and given Quagsire/Wooper have the Hidden Ability Unaware, I wouldn't be surprised if they're confused cops (random results instead of useful ones) or the like.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Just popping in to look at lynch candidates and make my vote. I didn't get flinched.

Rue: the fact that according to themselves they're now pretty much a vanillager makes them an excellent lynch target, which also reads village to me. Being able to semi-confidently validate the three magnifying glass people would be nice though as others have said there could be a role that messes with Cop results. Not feeling this.

Eevee: Could validate Floatzel's results, which is good. That said, as others pointed out Eevee = village doesn't mean Floatzel = Mafia because of the potential existence of an alignment-screwing role, I don't think Mafia!Floatzel would sacrifice themselves that way to take out just Village!Eevee as it would be a pretty dumb trade. Unless Mafia has some sort of lyncher role that gains a bunch of benefits from Eevee dying but that's less likely then there being a Frawyer who edited the alignment of probably the no. 1 invest target. IMO Eevee is currently the best target though, either a potential free Mafia or evidence that Floatzel is maf/there's a role that screws with alignment.

Misc: Eevee brought up an excellent point about Woopers potentially being unhelpful Cop variants. That said, I think that's a good point towards leaving Misc alone, because, if they turn a second person into Wooper, they'll allegedly leave the game and their role will, presumably, be revealed, which should tell us whether or not we can rely on Wooper Cop results.

Vote: Eevee

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
please don't bully the third party lol

i personally think there shouldn't be any harm in keeping misc alive until next day phase at least; subsequently we can decide what to do

also between rue and eevee lynching eevee should give us more info? idk

and yeah it's possible the wooper cops aren't vanilla cops

... i swear there was a reason why i made this post but i forgot and now it seems like i'm just repeating

Alolan Floatzel

🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
so if we think the wooper cops might be unreliable invest i could maybe try checking misc next phase since i am a wooper? if the result comes out as something other than third party we'll know for sure that something's going on

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
but from what lucario said 3Ps may not return a 3P result

though i guess it's worth an attempt

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
Isn't this all pretty much a moot point since the first investigation would have been done as starmie? Eevee was the one putting forward that we can't necessarily trust the Wooper results, but right now we don't have any Wooper results to even look at

That said, if anyone's going to get targeted by a framer n1 it's going to be eevee

A shiny pikachu?

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
The point about testing the wooper will help us in later phases to see if we actually have a useful cop, yeah it's not helpful about today's lynch it is something we need to think about before n2 starts.

Shruikan

Bookwyrm
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 10, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon appears shy and quiet, but bring up a subject that interests them and they can speak for hours nonstop.
Hmm I still don't quite trust Misc. It just seems too convinient, a third party role that only helps town? Why would it not be town aligned?

Skiping an Eevee lynch would allow him to confirm if he's telling the truth about the night block thingy, whearas skipping a lynch of Misc could lose us another townie.

Assuming neither are mafia, an Eevee lynch would prove only that there was a framer of a really bad play by the mafia, and if Rue's lynched and there is a framer, we gain nothing from it. While leaving Misc alive sounds good from what we know, it relys on Misc telling the whole truth about her role, and I don't get the feeling that that has been the case so far. As such I'm going to vote:Miscellaneous because I really think that she's the biggest risk of the three right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)