• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Mafia Pokemafia 3: Oh God Not Another One Edition

Thread Description
Signups Closed

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
Yeah ok I figured it would come to this. Don't lynch me yet cause I can pseudoclear myself. Or, my role, at least.

I'm Jigglypuff. One of my abilities lets me, once per game during the night phase, use Sing. This roleblocks *everyone*, including stopping the nightkill. It's not announced, but I'm pretty sure some people (like our cop Panda) would see that they were roleblocked. Also the lack of the nightkill would help show that. Basically it's a lot of moving parts that I doubt mafia would be able to pretend to have.

It doesn't prove my innocence, but it shows my role at least, and also stops a nightkill and gives us more time to discuss and do day phase things. Which is nice. And if I'm lying, you can just kill me tomorrow, no harm done.

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him whatever the male ones are idk
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am now looking for a sub for LHarm, please let me know if you are interested in subbing.

VGBM

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
It's still pretty early in the day phase, but I don't think we're gonna get a better choice, so VOTE: Eevee.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
eevee's claimed role is interesting but also vaguely pointless? it is easy to prove admittedly since we apparently have a bunch of roles that do things.

... one of your abilities?

EeveeFTW

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
One of. I have one other thing I can do, but it's not part of the provable thing so I left it out. Mostly in the case you do keep me alive, mafia doesn't know how high of a priority I am to kill.

Zaazaa0

Lad
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
In 1989 Dawkins commented, 'The word meme seems to be turning out to be a good meme' (Dawkins 1989).
The main problem with that claim is that it doesn't really matter. We already know that roles are designed before their alignments are randomized, and afterwards they may be tweaked to fit their alignment. And while that Sing ability does seem like it benefits village more than mafia, there could easily be falsehoods in it. For example, maybe it stops all village actions as well as the night kill, but not other mafia actions. (Or maybe it only stops village actions, and mafia chooses not to kill to make Eevee look legit.)

Furthermore, Jigglypuff doesn't even have to be Eevee's role if he's mafia. It could just be another mafia member's role, and they could use it to make Eevee's claim look legit.

overkill

The Flatulent
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Cool
Pokédex Entry
A Pokemon composed primarily of shit
Fuck me, six pages already

My two cents, Eevee is hella suspicious and should be dealt with accordingly. If Eevee comes up village then we lynch Floatzel

VOTE EEVEE

overkill

The Flatulent
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Cool
Pokédex Entry
Next we go for inactives :argh:

Talk or face my pitchfork

Shruikan

Bookwyrm
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 10, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon appears shy and quiet, but bring up a subject that interests them and they can speak for hours nonstop.
Ok, wow thats a lot of stuff happened while I was asleep.

Right, from what I can see our two suspects are Eevee and Rue.
So, a lynch on Eevee would either hit a Mafia or prove that something can mess with roles, OR that Alolan Floatzel was lying about his role.
If we lynch Rue we get conrfirmation that three other players are most likely Village, or hit a 3P who could be any level of dangerous if left alone.

Honestly in this situation I don't believe either Rue nor Eevees claims. They're both very convinient, and the only way to prove either is to kill them.
However, anything we gain from lynching Rue could lose it's value if Eevee turns out to be town, so right now I'm leaning more towards lynching Eevee.

Also, here's a question: Quagsire supposedly leaves the game upon converting two Woopers, but what about the Woopers? Are we left with two more cops, or do we lose two Villagers? Cause the latter would be very bad for us, and it would be easy for Miscellaneous to leave off that bit of info in her claim if it were the case.

TheHumanCleric

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ice, Psychic
Next we go for inactives :argh:

Talk or face my pitchfork
No, not the pitchfork! Anyway, I was roleblocked last night by a move that is almost definitely dazzling gleam. Doesn't help us now, but may be useful in the future. While I initially wanted to lynch Rue so we could clear some village, other people brought up good points since we don't know if people's roles can be masked or whatever. That said, I'm not sure about the Eevee lynch either - if they're village, they said themselves that they don't want Floatzel lynched, so I'm not sure how helpful that is for us.

Hangman

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2020
I do find it strange that Eevee chose to claim that there must be an alignment changer instead of opposing the cop in any way, it makes them come of as slightly less sus but then that also could be done on purpose so I'm not really sure. Lynching Rueblie seems like the better option to me as it confirms at least two people as non mafia, I doubt that they would come up with the whole gimmick with the Fs if they were mafia it just seems too complicated. Wow this really do be quite complicated.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Well pointing out the potential existence of a framer instead of immediately just fighting the cop who invested you will make you look more village. Thats apparently what Eevee wants, since he tried to shake the lynch entirely with his jigglypuff claim. Speaking of which, it seems out of character for Eevee to (apparently) have a role that hooks the night kill and not use it n1. Does the gmax ring a bell? Eevee is aware he dies really quickly so to not just use his power is odd af. Only plausible village-sided explanation is if, for some reason, his power doesnt activate till n2.

EeveeFTW

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
I’m not saying to stop the lynch entirely. I’m saying just give me a phase so I can show my role and stop a night kill by using my power. If you still want to kill me tomorrow, sure, go for it.

Also imo, it’s more valuable to use Sing down the road rather than immediately. An instant use would’ve basically just given us a D0, which is nice and all, but not as helpful as an effective double lynch/day phase down the line.

Anyway, we could just kill Quagsire to be on the safe side. Shruikan brings up a good point that we don’t know what happens to the Woopers when Quagsire leaves, and given they’re “following the sire”, it’s very possible that they leave the game with Quagsire in some way or another.

Also I just realized Quagsire investigations may or may not actually be reliable given they’re a third party. They might just *think* they’re a cop but be one of the cop variants. Confused in particular comes to mind thinking of Wooper/Quagsire, given the hidden ability they have, Unaware.

@Alolan Floatzel
Check with Lucario if your investigation was your Starmie one or your Wooper one. Mostly for clarification since I don’t know when the transformation occurred exactly.

Regardless, Quagsire has a lot of unknown variables about them and I think I’d rather them be gone now rather than let them Wooper another person.

Vote: Misc

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Administrator
Tech Team
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
It'd make sense for Eevee to not use it if it roleblocks everyone - using that n1 would have deprived us of a lot of information early on while we're still extremely unorganized. It's definitely the kind of thing that would be detrimental to use at this stage and using it would have made Eevee come across as more mafia.

going to toss in a vote for Rue

Clearing Panda answers the whole Eevee thing without losing a potential ability that blocks the nightkill, in addition to validating zaa and lharm('s replacement). Plus, we can just lynch eevee tomorrow if there is a night kill and people didn't get roleblocked, since there are almost certainly multiple roleblock abilities out there at this point

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
I don't think the Woopers will leave if I win. My role description says that I will leave the game as a winner, with nothing about the Woopers. Oh, and, uh, my role also said that I can't convert the other third party into a Wooper. I think it's important enough to let you know.

overkill

The Flatulent
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Cool
Pokédex Entry
No, not the pitchfork! Anyway, I was roleblocked last night by a move that is almost definitely dazzling gleam. Doesn't help us now, but may be useful in the future. While I initially wanted to lynch Rue so we could clear some village, other people brought up good points since we don't know if people's roles can be masked or whatever. That said, I'm not sure about the Eevee lynch either - if they're village, they said themselves that they don't want Floatzel lynched, so I'm not sure how helpful that is for us.
Floatzel was the one who investigated Eevee and found that they were Mafia. If Eevee is found to be village, then it's safe to assume that Floatzel is up to some dirty tricks.

I won't change my vote. Eevee doesn't seem to be very pro town as their not fighting against the lynch and they don't want Floatzel lynched. If Floatzel is lying about the investigation, I'd expect vehement denials against the charge. The "Sing" thing also seems like an attempt to deflect the lynch onto someone else. The Sing doesn't really provide any benefit except a repeat of a day with no new information provided. Couple that with a few cryptic posts on Discord about some alleged ability that Eevee supposedly has and it leads up to some very fishy things

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
@EeveeFTW i imagine my investigation was as starmie and not wooper since i didn’t flip until the beginning of the day phase but @LucarioOfLegends i guess you could clear that up

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
skskdkksdj you’re right. lucario u can just dm me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

(1 invisible.)