• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Mafia Pokemafia 3: Oh God Not Another One Edition

Thread Description
Signups Closed

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him whatever the male ones are idk
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
Well we haven't had a Pokemaf game in 2020 yet and I went creatively bankrupt months ago, so here we are. For anyone new to Pokemafia, make sure to read the rules completely. This game is a doozy.

Section 1: How to play the game
1. At the start of the game, every player will receive a role PM telling them what their role is, and mafia members will be told who the other mafia members are (unless a role in the game states otherwise).
2. The game will consist of alternating night and day phases, starting at Night One. Unless indicated otherwise by the host, night phases last 24 hours, and day phases last 48 hours.
3. During the night, players can send night actions by responding to their role PM with their action. In addition to night actions listed in each role description, the mafia can collectively choose one player to kill every night.
4. During the day, all living players can discuss in the thread to determine their next course of action. Anyone can post "Vote: PlayerName" to cast a vote to lynch that player. At the end of the day, if more than 50% of the living players are voting for the same player, that player will be lynched (unless a role in the game states otherwise).
5. When voting for who to kill at night, the mafia member that actually performs the night kill is decided by the mafia. This is done by having the visitor of their choice include that they will be the visitor in their night action PM. If none do so, the last mafia member to vote will visit (unless a role in the game states otherwise).
6. When a player dies, their role will be revealed in the thread (unless a role in the game states otherwise).
7. The village wins when all mafia members are dead (unless a role in the game states otherwise). The mafia wins when the number of mafia members is equal to half of the living players (unless a role in the game states otherwise). All third parties have unique win conditions explained in their role description.

Section 2: What not to do
8. If you have a night action, and you don't post or send any actions for three consecutive phases, you will be inactive killed. If you don't have a night action, you'll be inactive killed after missing two consecutive day phases. Players killed by inactivity do not win, even if their win condition is met.
9. Don't do metagaming. That's when you use info like "Oh, that person is using the PM system shortly after the night began! They must have some sort of night action!" Metagaming has many forms, so if you think something might be metagaming, check with the host first.
10. Play for your side. If your actions are obviously aiming to sabotage your team's chances of winning, that is bad. If you think something might count as playing against your side, ask the host if it is.
11. Don't post in the thread at night (unless a role in the game states otherwise).
12. Don't copy and paste or screencap anything sent to you by the host as a form of evidence. This is to make your information not super easy to confirm. Players may directly copy the text in their role PM, as well as in any system messages they receive. They still aren't allowed to screenshot PMs, directly copy them with names and/or timestamp in, etc.

1. Prior to the start of the game, PM me the name of a Pokemon- ideally on signup. Once you have PM'd me the name, its locked in. Don't change it or else. Additionally, try not to mention your choice to other players before the game, since that could potentially be used for pregame metagaming etc.
2. These Pokemon will then be used to craft custom roles based on the moves, abilities, and general aesthetic of that Pokemon. This role will be given to the player who requested it (unless one of the roles states otherwise). Randomization of alignment will be done after roles have been decided, and some may then be tweaked further to ensure they have a use for their alignment. The specific Pokemon chosen by players will have zero impact on their alignment. Once the setup is decided, the split will be announced and the game will begin. Roles will not appear in the OP. - Saw this happen a bit last time, but please try not to metagame by trying to assume roles via one's taste in Pokemon. That's kinda rude.
3. On death, as well as roles being revealed in the thread, they will be added to the role list in the OP for ease of access.
4. In the possibility of resurrection or medium type roles being added, I ask you kindly after death not to do anything outside of reading the thread. Don't talk to alive players, or try and discover who is what alignment, as if such roles exist it can have a serious effect on the game. I will let you know
5. Lying about the Pokemon you are and the ability you have is allowed. Lie away :)
6. All players are required to play this song on loop during the duration of the game.
7. Have fun!

what roles lol

As for signups, I'll keep it open for a bit so we can get a solid amount of players, preferred amount would be enough for at least one third party but I will happily take more or less. It'll at least be open for a few days.

Go nuts.

1. EeveeFTW
2. Cirr
3. Rueblie
4. Shruikan
5.TheHumanCleric
6.SweatinCalendar
7. A shiny pikachu?
8. greenchu
9. MouseWithADinosaurTail
10. Hangman
11. Nohrian Samur
12. LHarm2007
13. VGBM
14. Miscellaneous
15. overkill
16. Chess
17. Alolan Floatzel
18. TheTrueEgge
19. Paine
20. hobohunter
21. Zorua3
22. Zaazaa0

Last edited:

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
Bug, Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
Pokemon reference alongside my signup

Shruikan

Bookwyrm
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 10, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon appears shy and quiet, but bring up a subject that interests them and they can speak for hours nonstop.
Count me in!

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Okeeeey I'll join.

Norhian Samur

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
I'll Join sure.

LHarm2007

Nuzlocker
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 18, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He, His
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Although normally calm, joyful and slightly clever at school work, when you make him mad he goes crazy. This side never shows online though.
In, also I fricking fell for the rickroll.

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
In. Nothing could ever possibly go wrong.

overkill

The Flatulent
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Cool
Pokédex Entry
A Pokemon composed primarily of shit
Before I'm officially in, are the roles affected by the "power" of the Pokemon? Like say I chose a legendary would I have a better role than that if had chosen a Route 1 Pokemon?

If they are then how much?

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him whatever the male ones are idk
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Before I'm officially in, are the roles affected by the "power" of the Pokemon? Like say I chose a legendary would I have a better role than that if had chosen a Route 1 Pokemon?

If they are then how much?
Generally I will be trying my best to keep all Pokemon relatively balanced compared to each other, not really affect by the power of the Pokemon lore wise. Certain Pokemon may become more complex than others since they have more I can base off of, but I am still in the brainstorming phase for a lot of them.

overkill

The Flatulent
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Cool
Pokédex Entry
A Pokemon composed primarily of shit
Eh, I'll play two games at once

In

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Administrator
Tech Team
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)