• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Art Comic Original Teen PMD: Rangers of Sky

solaris127h

Totally not an AI
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Pokemon Rangers work day and night to protect people and Pokemon, no matter what. When fledgling ranger Eliza is thrown into a whole new world with her friends' lives on the line, what will she do to get everyone back home?

--

Hello and welcome to PMD: Rangers of Sky! We (Grey and Sol) came up with the concept for this Mystery Dungeon comic about 6 months ago now and it's been wild. This comic will be entirely in black and white and in scroll format. We'll update the forums when we update with our 4 mirror options, including desktop and mobile-friendly versions.

The prologue will update once a week. Thanks for joining us and we'll see you next Saturday!

Desktop:
ComicFury
DeviantArt

Mobile:
Tapas
Webtoons

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I just want to say that I love our main characters and their dynamic so far! Plus the art style is just so... Cool! Can't wait for more :D

Garnet

Hater of the Monty Hall Problem
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
I'm crying??? One episode in and I'm already in love with these two and their dynamic.

It's super cool to see a story utilizing both Mystery Dungeon and Ranger spinoff concepts at the same time! I was always a fan of both of those series (especially since they were running sort of side by side during the Ranger years, which meant I was Never strapped for Pokémon to play), so I'm excited to see how they work together!

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
Aaaa! I'm so hype that this is finally out! You've both been working so hard to get this story out and I'm glad to see other people able to love it and appreciate it as much as I do! Great work you two!

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely tired.
Mystery Dungeon and Ranger! What a perfect combination. I love this already, the art style is great and so is the character dynamic. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Omg this dynamic is already a delight to read! The premise alone was interesting enough that I knew I had to see a few pages, but I would read 10 volumes just to enjoy this banter. That ending note was so strong too since everything beforehand was so lighthearted and funny. I can't wait to see more!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon x Pokemon Ranger? This is a crossover for the ages! ^^

Since we know from the summary that Eliza's friends are going to be in danger, I'm so glad that we're seeing the dynamic of her and her friend Mr. Beyblade Zayne. I would already die for them both.

Yo, looking at the destruction of that house, I don't think you're pursuing a Pupitar anymore....

solaris127h

Totally not an AI
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just want to say that I love our main characters and their dynamic so far! Plus the art style is just so... Cool! Can't wait for more :D
Thanks so much!! I'm glad that the stark b&w style can really carry that essence of coolness - it took work lol.

I'm crying??? One episode in and I'm already in love with these two and their dynamic.

It's super cool to see a story utilizing both Mystery Dungeon and Ranger spinoff concepts at the same time! I was always a fan of both of those series (especially since they were running sort of side by side during the Ranger years, which meant I was Never strapped for Pokémon to play), so I'm excited to see how they work together!
Ranger comics are rare yea!! Hopefully this isn't a bad time to mention I've never actually played a ranger game before lol (tho Grey has). It's such a cool concept though and I'm glad you like it!

Aaaa! I'm so hype that this is finally out! You've both been working so hard to get this story out and I'm glad to see other people able to love it and appreciate it as much as I do! Great work you two!
THANKS BRO!!! Your support means so much to us!! I'll try to remember sneaking you some peaks when I get around to actually drawing them 😉

Mystery Dungeon and Ranger! What a perfect combination. I love this already, the art style is great and so is the character dynamic. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Thanks so much!! We definitely took some interesting and unexplored angles so I'm also curious to see how this goes lol.

Omg this dynamic is already a delight to read! The premise alone was interesting enough that I knew I had to see a few pages, but I would read 10 volumes just to enjoy this banter. That ending note was so strong too since everything beforehand was so lighthearted and funny. I can't wait to see more!
Oh man, if you like banter, you're in for a treat because Grey sure can write Good Banter. We're going to Banterbury Woods here, folks.

Since we know from the summary that Eliza's friends are going to be in danger, I'm so glad that we're seeing the dynamic of her and her friend Mr. Beyblade Zayne. I would already die for them both.

Yo, looking at the destruction of that house, I don't think you're pursuing a Pupitar anymore....
Thanks to this comment we already discussed plans to directly reference Zayne as Mr. Beyblade, congratulations. Also, 😉

Updates!! Chapter 0 Part 2
Desktop versions:
DeviantArt
Comicfury
Mobile versions:
Tapas
Webtoons

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
I really want to write a thoughtful reply about the banter or that great conflict or the fantastic art but the best I got in me is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
Woot! I love this noir black and white loose style you got going here!!! Amazing expressions too.

Hope Captain Betty washes hands after picking up that dead woobat

GreyCorsola

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 28, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Water, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Often seen lurking around the web, but loves social interaction and wants to meet all sorts of wonderful people!

AaaAAA Sobs, thank you so much!! I'm so excited as well ;; Zayne and Eliza are just--- so small... I just wanna protect them ;;

YESSS!! Man it's been wonderful being able to pull you in the background to get your opinions on things 👀 I am very excited to see how you're gonna react to certain things :):):)

Thank you so much!! I am just filled with so much excitement too!!

Cr ie s thankyou so much ;; It was ceratinly done on purpose :):) If you like this banter- I really love writing it too so heheee~ I won't say anything else :):)<

AA!! You're so sweet ;; Mr.Bayblade and Eliza are gonna be having a fun time I'm sure!~ :D Thank you so much!! They're absolute dorks and I love them with all my heart. I swear I do. :)

Last edited:

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
AAAAAAAAH I’M SO EXCITED IT’S FINALLY OOOOOOUT!!! And the scroll looks so nice on the theme on comicfury, the theme you picked is AMAZING for it. It’s so cool to see this all come together after seeing snippets for so long, the end product is looking AMAZING y’all!!!!

GreyCorsola

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 28, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Water, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Often seen lurking around the web, but loves social interaction and wants to meet all sorts of wonderful people!
I really want to write a thoughtful reply about the banter or that great conflict or the fantastic art but the best I got in me is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
This is the most accurate emotion I have ever seen displayed XDD Thank you so much!

Woot! I love this noir black and white loose style you got going here!!! Amazing expressions too.

Thank you so much!! Sol's art is just... ///smooch// perfect! I hope she washes her hands too.

Mr. Beyblade: "Want to call for backup?"
Eliza:

A few moments later...

PFTTT You're not wrong, and that's the greatest part.

AAAAAAAAH I’M SO EXCITED IT’S FINALLY OOOOOOUT!!! And the scroll looks so nice on the theme on comicfury, the theme you picked is AMAZING for it. It’s so cool to see this all come together after seeing snippets for so long, the end product is looking AMAZING y’all!!!!
You wanna see me cry? This is how I cry. aa A A A A Thankyou ;; Sol's art is absolutely amazing.

solaris127h

Totally not an AI
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Same bro, sameeeee. I'm sure Eliza and Zayne thinking the same thing.

I'm glad you like the style!! It's definitely a challenge. Yeah Betty, who knows where that thing's been, children can have disgustingly grubby hands.

Mr. Beyblade: "Want to call for backup?"
Eliza:

A few moments later...

Eliza does what she wants!!! It's her mission!!!!!!

Haha, credit goes to Grey for putting together the visuals of the site itself! BRUH I'm excited to see this come to life too!!

Updates!! Chapter 0 Part 3
Desktop versions:
Comicfury
DeviantArt
Mobile versions:
Webtoons
Tapas

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Well I mean... Room certainly was made for her to fly...

Also "language" Aldhskahaj look when u almost get murdered by a moving mountain like that you get a few curse words free of charge. XD

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Oh my gosh, everything about this comic so far is just fantastic. I love how you e decided to lay out this fight scene, it’s phenomenal!

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
this art is so goog it's greag i lomve it

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Remember, being in mortal danger is no excuse for bad words, ahahaha. This B&W style really shines in such a tense moment, and I love the effect of the white outlining to keep all the visual detail in lieu of additional tones.

Riboo

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
XD What the hey, I didn't even realize you where ON the forums, I'm watchin' >:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)