• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke Advice General Platinum Nuzlocke Help

Thread Description
Finding help for the shenanigans I find myself in after multiple attempts.

BitterBerry

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 2, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Can't get over that one good bird he lost in Platinum
Introductions:
Hey there, it's me. I'm seeking advice about the odd situations I seem to keep finding myself
in while playing Platinm.

I'm new to the forums (first thread by the way) and want to get some feedback over the course of my nuzlocke.
What I mean:
How do you deal with things you didn't even know could happen? How was I to know you could encounter
a Lv 10 Golbat naturally? How do you even rule on deaths or captures when something like that happens?

Last edited:

BitterBerry

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 2, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How do you rule on an encounter with a Lv 10 Golbat?

I lost a member to my team to one in Oreburgh Gate, and I didn't even know they could exist
outside of ROMhacks. Ultimately I caught it, but I don't know if that nullifies the "one encounter
per route" rule of my run since I caught a geodude in the upper half of the area. I figure it might be
rare enough to fit in line with the shiny clause.

Any thoughts on this? I might keep it in the PC box just as a reminder that it happened.

I didn't know that could happen, but now that I've had time to think on it I realize there's so much story potential from this one event.
Hm...

Last edited:

OmegaAlphaDelta123

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 24, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
They
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fighting
I guess it's up to you if you count lower floors as an encounter or not. But if I were you ingame, I'd say it doesn't count as an encounter, accept your losses and move on. You're right that it has potential for a story. Maybe the Golbat's the leader of a gang of Zubats you encounter in the cave and your team member gets cornered and finished off while exploring how the Zubats as a group in Sinnoh function.

Just my thoughts. (P.S. Judging by your profile, was the Pokemon you lost a Starly?)

BitterBerry

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 2, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess it's up to you if you count lower floors as an encounter or not. But if I were you ingame, I'd say it doesn't count as an encounter, accept your losses and move on. You're right that it has potential for a story. Maybe the Golbat's the leader of a gang of Zubats you encounter in the cave and your team member gets cornered and finished off while exploring how the Zubats as a group in Sinnoh function.

Just my thoughts. (P.S. Judging by your profile, was the Pokemon you lost a Starly?)
Since then I've done a bit of research:
There's about a 5% chance for the Golbat to appear, which is probably why I didn't know about it
I agree that I should probably move on. Besides, it did take out my best bird.

I did lose a Starly in a previous attempt (which I team-wiped on) which I nicknamed "Chef". It was the first 'mon capture
drawing I decided to tweak the style on and add my own personal flare. I think he also caught PokeRus, so it was a major loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)