• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola Teen Mon Penumbra: A Pokemon Moon Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Updates every month!

TwistedEerie

Memelord
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
Sometimes pretends to be a carrot and makes carrot noises.

"It all comes together."
Updates: Twice a month

This comic will contain swearing and mature themes like death and violence/gore. Please keep an open mind when reading!

*RECORD SCRATCH* *FREEZE FRAME*

"Yup. That's me. You're all probably wondering how I ended up in this situation-"

Hello everyone! This is my disaster Nuzlocke comic Penumbra! I started this comic back in 2017 in hopes that it'll help me improve on drawing humans as well as making a nuzlocke comic, which has been a long time dream of mine ever since I was 12!

Penumbra branches off from the Sun and Moon plot so there will be times when it strays away from the canon story. However, it still follows the main storyline and characters!
For those of you who have a keen eye, you may notice that there are codes and ciphers littered throughout the entire comic. While it is not necessary to decode any ciphers to understand the story, these codes are always a form of foreshadowing for future events and more importantly, what the heck is going on with the protagonist??
This comic also highly encourages making your own theories! But rest assured, everything will be revealed and confirmed in time!

While this is primarily a comic run, there will be some video/interactive/written updates as well!

DA RULES
- Only the first pokemon on each route can be caught
- Once a pokemon faints, they are considered dead
- Can not heal at pokemon centers
- Can not purchase items
- Z-moves are banned

MAIN CHAPTERS

OTHER
thanks @rookruff

LATEST PAGE
New Penumbra Update!
Deviantart Page link

Deviantart | Twitter
Wings of Fire comic - Smoke to Vapor

Thank you reading! <3

Last edited:

SysterSyn

The almighty dingo
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
It possesses only one singular braincell, and yet somehow has managed to survive for over 20 years~
BROOOOOOOO U FINALLY MADE IT IM SO HAPPY AAAA
It’s really great to see ya here so I can finally vote the crap outta u in the extravaganza
Welcome to the forums my dude and thank u for ur comic and ur life <3

TwistedEerie

Memelord
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BROOOOOOOO U FINALLY MADE IT IM SO HAPPY AAAA
It’s really great to see ya here so I can finally vote the crap outta u in the extravaganza
Welcome to the forums my dude and thank u for ur comic and ur life <3
BIG SOBS ITS ALL THANKS TO YOU MAN THAT IM HERE oh im gunna do the same to u DONT DO THIS TO ME
BIG THANK TO YOU SOBS THANK U FOR MY LIFE <333

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE PENUMBRA SO MUCH WELCOME TO FORUMS~

TwistedEerie

Memelord
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE PENUMBRA SO MUCH WELCOME TO FORUMS~
BIG THANK U AND IM LOVE YOU SO MUCH TOO <33 now its your turn to post your nuz so I can scream at it perpetually

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
I'm glad I finally sat down to read this. This run is awesome, and the premise kept me hooked till I ran out of pages. I was yelling into @Bigredlittlewolf 's inbox about all the expressions, aaaand trying not to say a word about the drama barbecue that shit is juicy and needs to be experienced firsthand.

Also, no pokemon centers. No pokemarts? Crazy.

ramendotexe

aka xj2z9
🎇Contributor
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Tastes like preservatives, the good kind.
Hey I've been silently reading Penumbra for a while now. I love how much your art and story has progressed. The way you stylize every pokemon and the range it goes from dramatic to hilarious jokes is really great. Keep up the amazing work! 👍👍

TwistedEerie

Memelord
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
I'm glad I finally sat down to read this. This run is awesome, and the premise kept me hooked till I ran out of pages. I was yelling into @Bigredlittlewolf's inbox about all the expressions, aaaand trying not to say a word about the drama barbecue that shit is juicy and needs to be experienced firsthand.

Also, no pokemon centers. No pokemarts? Crazy.
OOOOOhhhHH BIG FOCKING YELLS THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! IM sobbing thank you for taking the time to read my nuzlocke it really means a lot! I'm so glad <3 and cRIES AN ENTIRE RIVER you're too kind and holy heck ;u; I hope that it continues to not disappoint!

TwistedEerie

Memelord
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
Hey I've been silently reading Penumbra for a while now. I love how much your art and story has progressed. The way you stylize every pokemon and the range it goes from dramatic to hilarious jokes is really great. Keep up the amazing work! 👍👍
UGLY CRYING NOISES thaNK YOU!!! oh my gosh this is so sweet, thank you so much for reading my comic and im BIG SOB I can't thank you enough!! This comment is just <33 oh my gosh im so glad the jokes land cos 80% time its me just going 'hee hee memes' HKGJDFHK BUT THANK YOU AGAIN AAAA!! <33

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
THESE PANELSSSSSSSS!!! Holy shit those are SO cool, and the green sparkles and such in the gutters are such a nice touch, this is so well done.

Jk Howling

The Bane of RP Sites
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Dark
Okay I absolutely love this comic. Honestly, you sound like an Omega, the way you're going down with those hardcore rules.. no pokecenter/mart, BIG yikes! At least the npc's force-heal you a decent number of times.. And hey, at least its not usum. Ultra Necrozma is hard enough without limited heals and items ;;

The storyline is super interesting, lots of fun characters, a mysterious plot.. and the way you interpret the Pokemon is epic. The little wings on Cosmog, the way you drew Mankey in the Hala fight, Gabu's awesome markings, just the way you draw birds in general.. I love it ;w; We all know what Pokemon look like in the games, so these adaptations put a really cool spin on it.

Also I love the memes and references! I also wonder if there's an overall nickname theme, or if you just personally tend to lean towards ficitonal characters? Ones I've caught:

Gylfie from Guardians of Ga'hoole
Ashfur from the Warriors series [not to mention all the Warriors references!! <3]
Remy from Ratatouille [one I've used personally, though my Alolan Rats are usually Roscuro from Tale of Desperaux!]
Calcifer from Howls Moving Castle
Gabu from uh.. what seems to be Arashi no Yoru ni [which I should totally watch, it looks super cool!]
Not to mention.. BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!

The only one I don't get is Spenser, if it does happen to be a running theme o:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Well this was an excellent find! I'd seen the pages around on deviantart and filed it under "that comic with the really fancy pokemon redesigns" but never took the time to give it a read through for some reason. I'm real glad I did now though, this is super good! IT's got a lot of stuff going on with our protagonist and this world (universe?) and dramas but it never completely casts off its lighthearted joking. And DANG these last handful of pages have been gorgeous, I love what you've been doing, messing around with the panel shapes and effects. I am definitely keeping an eye on this and looking forward to more!

pkmnMasterWheeler

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
Yo! Welcome to the new forums~ Didn't notice you had updated til now and I gotta agree with everyone else, these last few pages have been amazing looking!~ Also what's with that ominous "See you soon Gylphie" at the end of the page, I don't like that, stop U:<

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Man I'm so excited to see your awesome work over here on the forums. Your designs are so good and the imagery you use is so powerful! I'm so excited to see each of your updates~ I hope you're enjoying the new forums so far, cause we're all the better for having you with us!

Speaking of updates tho, the newest one?
When they all offer to for Gylfie to stay it gives me some chills I have to admit. The way the panels are separated by that loose starry border, and the stars' color changes when she wakes back up in the water is such a cool touch! That shot of the group looking up at her as she drags him out of the water is just so cool to look at too.

TwistedEerie

Memelord
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
THESE PANELSSSSSSSS!!! Holy shit those are SO cool, and the green sparkles and such in the gutters are such a nice touch, this is so well done.
CRIES THANK YOU SO MUCH!! <33 Those effects were so fun to do haha

Okay I absolutely love this comic. Honestly, you sound like an Omega, the way you're going down with those hardcore rules.. no pokecenter/mart, BIG yikes! At least the npc's force-heal you a decent number of times.. And hey, at least its not usum. Ultra Necrozma is hard enough without limited heals and items ;;

The storyline is super interesting, lots of fun characters, a mysterious plot.. and the way you interpret the Pokemon is epic. The little wings on Cosmog, the way you drew Mankey in the Hala fight, Gabu's awesome markings, just the way you draw birds in general.. I love it ;w; We all know what Pokemon look like in the games, so these adaptations put a really cool spin on it.

Also I love the memes and references! I also wonder if there's an overall nickname theme, or if you just personally tend to lean towards ficitonal characters? Ones I've caught:

Gylfie from Guardians of Ga'hoole
Ashfur from the Warriors series [not to mention all the Warriors references!! <3]
Remy from Ratatouille [one I've used personally, though my Alolan Rats are usually Roscuro from Tale of Desperaux!]
Calcifer from Howls Moving Castle
Gabu from uh.. what seems to be Arashi no Yoru ni [which I should totally watch, it looks super cool!]
Not to mention.. BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!

The only one I don't get is Spenser, if it does happen to be a running theme o:
HOOOOOOO MY GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG?? This comment made my day and thank you so so much for reading Penumbra, it really means a lot and hhhHHngngn I wish I knew how to words how thankful I am cries
I HONESTLY thought I was gunna be put into Omega ngl haha esp for my hardcore ruleset, I really had to live off Lillie's generous healing :'D (and oh gosh Ultra Necrozma was a nightmare in USUM thank gosh I didn't have to deal with any hell like that)
But I'm so glad! I took a lot of creative liberties with the designs cos I wanted to just interpret the pokemon however I wanted and I'm glad that they're still recognisable even with the changes! and omg I'm so glad the jokes land haha
As for name theme, I did base almost all of Krane's pokemon after fictional characters! You got all the references which is awesome! Spenser is a bit more vague cos he's based of Spenser from the pokemon ranger games cos I was running out of names at the time and I had just finished replaying that game
But again gkhjfd thank you so much this comment was super sweet and I hope you continue to enjoy this chaotic nuzlocke run! <3

Well this was an excellent find! I'd seen the pages around on deviantart and filed it under "that comic with the really fancy pokemon redesigns" but never took the time to give it a read through for some reason. I'm real glad I did now though, this is super good! IT's got a lot of stuff going on with our protagonist and this world (universe?) and dramas but it never completely casts off its lighthearted joking. And DANG these last handful of pages have been gorgeous, I love what you've been doing, messing around with the panel shapes and effects. I am definitely keeping an eye on this and looking forward to more!
AAA thank you so much!! and It's all good! like kill me your comic has been on my to-read list for so long and has been suggested to me again and again but u bet I'm leaping off my ass to read yours straight after I send these responses gkfhdj BUT SCREAMS I'm honestly so glad that the jokes don't overshadow the angst too much haha and cries I'm always experimenting around with this comic so thank you so much for the kind words!! I hope it doesn't disappoint!!

Yo! Welcome to the new forums~ Didn't notice you had updated til now and I gotta agree with everyone else, these last few pages have been amazing looking!~ Also what's with that ominous "See you soon Gylphie" at the end of the page, I don't like that, stop U:<
Hey man!! So great to see you here to! I really should've joined ages ago but fINALLY got off my ass haha and I'm glad^^
But thank you so much <3 I look forward to seeing you around too :D

Man I'm so excited to see your awesome work over here on the forums. Your designs are so good and the imagery you use is so powerful! I'm so excited to see each of your updates~ I hope you're enjoying the new forums so far, cause we're all the better for having you with us!

Speaking of updates tho, the newest one?
When they all offer to for Gylfie to stay it gives me some chills I have to admit. The way the panels are separated by that loose starry border, and the stars' color changes when she wakes back up in the water is such a cool touch! That shot of the group looking up at her as she drags him out of the water is just so cool to look at too.
YELLS Thank you so much!! Same to you! and omg you're so sweet it's an honour to be around such wonderful people like you and I'm glad I decided to join!
and AAA CRIEs THANK YOU holy shet I'm so glad cos admitted I'm fgjkh proud of those panels and I'm really happy they turned out alright! Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you around^^

BritishAirSnails

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Beware the BritishAirSnail. They come from the sky and leave their slime EVERYWHERE
Hoooly shit. Yep, that about sums it up. This comic is amazing and I'm so sad I don't have more pages to read ;w; your story is very intriguing and addicting. I just want to know more and instead of answers I just get more questions! Like damn!

I'm loving all the characters, especially Daisy. I love mom characters and she's such a sweetie and her backstory page had me tear up a bit. And speaking of tears - I JUST ABOUT DIED AT THE BACK TO BACK DEATHS!!! My god I had to stop for a second when Remy died, thinking no, she couldn't die that simply, then Ash, then our speaking in tongues little puppy. Then you put the final nail in with that video TT-TT

But besides all that I can't wait to see how this story progresses. Seriously, don't leave me hanging please.

TwistedEerie

Memelord
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
Hoooly shit. Yep, that about sums it up. This comic is amazing and I'm so sad I don't have more pages to read ;w; your story is very intriguing and addicting. I just want to know more and instead of answers I just get more questions! Like damn!

I'm loving all the characters, especially Daisy. I love mom characters and she's such a sweetie and her backstory page had me tear up a bit. And speaking of tears - I JUST ABOUT DIED AT THE BACK TO BACK DEATHS!!! My god I had to stop for a second when Remy died, thinking no, she couldn't die that simply, then Ash, then our speaking in tongues little puppy. Then you put the final nail in with that video TT-TT

But besides all that I can't wait to see how this story progresses. Seriously, don't leave me hanging please.
OOOOH THANK YOU SO MUCH!! <33 YOUR COMMENT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME I CRY
I’m so glad to hear you’re enjoying this nuzlocke for all its chaos and especially glad that you like the Pokémon!! And I’m so glad you’re looking forward to more! I’ll be sure to try my best to consistently update twice a month which has been going pretty smoothly so far, so expect a new page next week! Thanks again and I really do hope you continue to enjoy this nuzlocke! Thank you! <3

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
Wooo your Nuzlocke thread looks so fancy here on the new Nuzlocke Forum!!

TwistedEerie

Memelord
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
Wooo your Nuzlocke thread looks so fancy here on the new Nuzlocke Forum!!
AAA Thank you so much!! I stayed up all night doing it haha but I'm so glad that it was worth it! So happy to see you around the forums as well! <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)