• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Spin-off Teen Other Adventure On Borrowed Time - A PMD:EOS Nuzlocke

Thread Description
not the chill kind of long walks on the beach (updates tuesdays and thursdays)

Woo

ᘛ⁐ᕐᐷ
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Normally quiet and calm, the taste of salt causes this Pokemon to go off-the-shits feral.
A painted sunset stretches across the sky of a cool summer evening, and the world is dying. Only Malachi, a partially evolved Shinx appointed by "Maelstrom", is able to help save it. Though, when he finds an amnesiac Alolan Vulpix he names Rune washed ashore, he finds they may be involved in something much greater, much larger, and much more sinister than either of them bargained for.

[Reboot started May 25th, 2017 |
Originally started December 16th, 2014]

Nuzforum Extravaganza:
🥉 Most Improved 2019🥉
🥉 Best Art Style 2019🥉

Hello, and welcome to my PMD: Explorers of Sky nuzlocke On Borrowed Time! Some of you may be familiar with this comic, since I'm moving it from old forums to here!

Updates on Tuesday and Thursday for the month of June!

Rules

The Comic
Prologue

Chapter 1: A Storm at Sea

Chapter 2: The New Guild Recruits

Chapter 3: The Scream

🔸Mirrors🔸
🔹Comicfury🔹
🔹DeviantArt 🔹
🔹Patreon🔹

Last edited:

Pika

rͬͬͬaͣͣͣtͭͭͭ
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
i'm pro but not noun
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon known for its harsh gaze and sharp tongue. Despite its rough exterior, it is friendlier than it looks.
god has anyone ever told you you're incredibly talented??? of course they have because your art is drop-dead gorgeous and knowing what i know about the work you've done behind the scenes to re-rewrite it, i know this comic is gonna be unstoppable B)

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Shoot I forgot to comment last time I was here! I am very very VERY happy to see that OBT has finally made it over to the new forums! :D I'm really excited for this comic, especially since it's the only dungeonlocke I'm currently aware of. That new prologue was- WOWZA! I can't wait to see more!!!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
Ohhh! It's back! This comic is one of my favorites and I'm so glad to see it moving. I love Rune and Malachi, and your art is lovely!

Hallow

music person
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 18, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon spends most of their time making music and forgetting to check the forum.
the og version of this was one of the first things i read when i first started reading nuzcomics and WOW it is inSANE how much your art has improved since you first started the original version this is incredible i'm so excited it's back aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sorry if im late i have been so inconsistent at checking the forums forever lol i dont think i've seen anything since before the reboot serves me right

also did i mention rune's new design is fkin beautiful.

also all the characters are incredibly expressive!! wow!! im going to stop gushing now bc i need to sleep but i love everything about this

Reactions: Dee

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
It's here! Your art is always so aesthetically pleasing, with those pastel colors and soft squishy shapes and that papery texture that goes under everything. Interesting that you're redoing chapter 1, refreshing the reboot of sorts, but if it makes you happier with your story then I am all for it. It'll be interesting to see what you've changed, too.

Woo

ᘛ⁐ᕐᐷ
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Normally quiet and calm, the taste of salt causes this Pokemon to go off-the-shits feral.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
🔹UPDATE!🔹

After a million years I finally got enough free time with uni to update!

@Pika Aaaah thank you so much! I'm very excited about how far I've come.
@MouseWithADinosaurTail Aw, thank you!
@Dee Happy to finally be on the forums again! I'm hoping to update more regularly soon.
@Hallow Aw wow thank you! I'm so excited about how far this comic has come, and I can't wait to show off some of the changes in the story!
@Kadew I'm definitely excited to show off some of the changes I've made! The script for chapter 1 got a nice new coat of paint to give characters some more personality and tweak some aspects of the story.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
The facelift! It's here! Comparing it to the old start, there's a lot the same about this very first page, but also, so much different. All that artstyle and composition improvement aside, the change in voiceover is really standing out to me. Last time was just Malachi's internal struggle against his weenieness. Now we have mysterious blue boxtext speaking of champions. It really sets an entirely different tone. I'm extra excited to see what else you've changed, now!

Hallow

music person
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 18, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon spends most of their time making music and forgetting to check the forum.
i am SO interested in how malachi is going to interact with this power throughout the story and how he will eventually explain what's going on.. or if he even knows what's going on! cant wait to see how the reboot (is this technically the second one now?) handles... well, everything

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French
Okay but how did I miss this thread though?? I love your comic! I believe I've been following it either on dA or smackjeeves for some time now, but guess it's time to move my comments over here! :D

And you're remaking the first chapter? That's like the perfect opportunity for me to come in here! \o/
I hope you'll have fun doing it! That prologue LOOKS SO FUCKIN AMAZING I SWEAR- like, that water and thunder panel??? holy crap!!
Compared to the old first page, this one looks soooo much better as well! Your improvement is gosh darn awesome?? And the tone is very different too… I'm excited!! :D

((if it wasn't obvious already, imma follow this thread))

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
Oh, this page is lovely! I love the colors

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
The artwork is fantastic, the narration is intriguing, and I like how Malachi is more of a Luxcio/Shinx fusion than one of either (although I will admit that when I first read this comic, I didn't realize he was a dude). Looking forward to seeing where you take this!

Woo

ᘛ⁐ᕐᐷ
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
🔹DOUBLE UPDATE!🔹

Because I love you all so much (and also forgot to post a nearly finished page lmao)

@Kadew I'm excited for all the deviations I get to show off as the chapter rolls on! Some stuff is somewhat significant retconning, with some tweaks along the way since I'm able to make them.
@Hallow Oh Malachi and Maelstrom have.... Interactions, for sure :3c And it's a sort of pseudo-reboot! I'm just redoing Chapter 1 since there's some stuff I wanted to retcon, when I have time I may update Malachi's design in Chapter 2 to match his new design since previously he leaned waaay too much into Luxio/Luxray territory instead of Shinx.
@Rubombee Aaaa thank you!! I was just gonna reupload the old chapter 1 pages and then realized the new forums would be the perfect opportunity to get the new chapter facelift out before I release it on other mirrors!
@Dee Aw, thanks! The colors have been fun to work with.
@Trollkitten Aw thanks! I'm definitely excited about working on this.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I like how Malachi has to deal with the Guild not recognizing whether he's a Luxio or a Shinx. It just feels so real.

Plain Yogurt

Happy Dairy Product
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
An ordinary dairy product. Dislikes conflict, and does whatever he can to bring happiness to others.
Kinda digging the shift to making Malachi a bit more frustrated and irritated over how I remember him reacting before.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oh dang this is a Malachi redesign. I like it a lot! Feels a lot more like awkward middleground rather than smallish luxio. Redoing him in all of chapter 2 sounds like it'll be a pain though, if you end up going that route.

Hallow

music person
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 18, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
the relatability of these three pages . is so high. malachi here is like my brain when pokemon games ask me if im a boy or girl im just like " i dont feel like this rn"

I absolutely love how his face turns from like, optimism to confusion to extreme disappointment on the first page - you absolutely nailed that!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Ooh! I like how he's sparking in anger--and was the talking Relic part of the previous version? I"m intrigued... very intrigued 👀

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French
ouch, that expression in the 4th panel… cAN I HUG MALACHI AND TELL HIM WE LOVE HIM AS HE IS 😭 😭 😭
maelstrom, stop being rude!!!

(side note i love your fire and electricity effect SO MUCH,,, it sparkles,,)

Rhyder

The Derpiest Rhyhorn
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ground, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Prefers to play rom hacks that hurt their brain. Is often seen downing copious amounts of Jack.
Oh, wow! You have such a beautiful art style! It almost reminds me of a storybook! Explorers of Sky is one of my favorite games ever. I’ll definitely be watching this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)