• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke Advice General Video Games NuzUni - Introductions to the Pokemon Nuzlocke Challenge

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
His first name is Myles. Nobody knows (except his friends) his last name. He likes to be lazy. He cares if he dies.
Hello and welcome to NuzUniversity (and the Nuzlocke Forums if you are new)!

This is a University directed to newcomers to the Nuzlocke challenge (some tips, and more advanced topics if anyone wants to share some).

I have created a website explaining what the NuzUni is and the Nuzlocke Challenge!

NuzUni Website

I also need new class ideas for the future!

Can anyone reply or PM me to suggest new class ideas?

UPDATE: I have some more ideas I just can't think of any after those!

Update 2: The forums go down in about 3 hours. The website is now down!

Update 3: The forums are back up! The website is going back up!

Last edited:

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
His first name is Myles. Nobody knows (except his friends) his last name. He likes to be lazy. He cares if he dies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello and welcome back to NuzUni!

After some downtime with one of the PP's I have fixed the issue and wanted to say sorry for that incident.

Meanwhile, I have added one new PowerPoint.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
This is a nice idea! Good luck with the project

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Hello, @Mouse!

Thank you for the complement and wishing me luck. Do you want to help improve the Uni?

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Hello everybody and welcome back to the NuzUni update! This is very Important (yep, with a capital I (and yes I know there is no I in Team😀))

I have ran out of good PowerPoint Presentations Ideas! But like I keep on saying "You can change that!"

Please submit your ideas for the NuzUni here or PM me through the forums!

For your information, I do not have any easy way to access Discord!

Please save the Uni! Think of the Newbies! (Yes, I just said that! 😀)

Other than that, thanks for reading the website!

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I took a look at the website, it’s a cool idea!
Just wanted to point out that due to an issue with permissions, I wasn’t able to view the 3rd class/slideshow.

Here’s a slideshow idea: A brief introduction to some of the variant nuzlockes, like monotype runs, egglockes, wonderlockes, etc?

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Hello @Shellos,

Thank you for letting me know the presentation does not work. I just fixed it. It looked like it was not shared properly.

I have an idea for you you could make the PowerPoint then PM me please then I could add it because I don't have time or any ideas about any or all ruleset. After that, I will need to add the powerpoint myself with limited point of views. All I know how to do is soul links. I'm also a half noob myself. 😀

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I’d love to make the powerpoint, but I’m really busy with irl stuff and really can’t - although I can try to summarize the rulesets I mentioned, though! I may not be 100% correct, hopefully someone will correct me if I’m not:

Monotype run: A nuzlocke where you can only use Pokémon of one type. There are typically adjusted encounter rules that help you make sure you get your chosen type in areas where they can be found (e.g. 3 tries to find a Pokémon of your chosen type, or maybe unlimited tries) Variants include runs where you can only use a handful of types. The choice whether or not to count dual-typed Pokémon is up to the player.

Wonderlocke: A nuzlocke in one of the games where wonder trading is available. Each encounter you catch is wonder traded away and you have to use the Pokémon you get in exchange. Some runs get multiple trades to guarantee you don’t get a rubbish Pokémon, and some have level limits so you don’t get overpowered Pokémon.

Egglocke: A nuzlocke where you start with a box full of eggs traded to you. Instead of catching encounters in the wild, you hatch an egg! If you had a friend trade the eggs to you, you may not even know what’s inside. This one requires a lot of grinding, though.

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Hello again @Shellos,

Sorry for your In Regular Life stuff you have to take care of!

Thank you for giving me the basics of the rule-sets. I will try to make more PowerPoint for all of these rule-sets. Thank you for giving me the basics.

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Hello everybody and welcome back to the NuzUniNews!

I have added a PowerPoint class suggested by @Shellos. Thank you so much PinkShellos!

Thanks for reading the new Powerpoint and I will make more.

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
No, this project is not dead. I am so busy. Sorry for taking too long. I'm working on the EGG-cellent Egglocke PowerPoint. 😀

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Hello everybody and welcome back to the NuzUniNews!!

Get ready for the PUN ATTACK or should I say the EGG ATTACK!!!

I have added a Egg-full PowerPoint class suggested by @Shellos, so blame her/him instead of me please? Egg-nyways, thank you so much PinkShellos!

Thanks for checking out the PowerPoint and I will make more!

Edit: I just realized it's Easter! Laughing Out Loud!

Last edited:

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
"Your Majesty" is gender neutral. (he/him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
If you're still looking for class ideas, I'd suggest making a class about Grinding (and tips for grinding)

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Hello @Spaz,

Do you want to make a PowerPoint about Grinding? I'm a half-noob. 😀

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry

I have added a PowerPoint class. Soul I hope your ready!

TrueZero2

Ninja! Comic! Best Match!
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
A look at how Berry Farming in a Nuzlocke could be interesting.

After all, Kalos has a legit farm you can use and it led to me having berries in the hundreds by the end of one run. Think of it this way: if raised right, Lum Berries can have 3 to 20 berries in one yield. Each of those berries can then be planted, and can yield a further 3 to 20 berries. Played right, you'd never need to buy status healing items for the rest of the run, and that's money saved.

Then again, given how much me and my friend (it was a VS Nuzlocke) did in Kalos, a general tips for Kalos Nuzlockes could be fun to write.

Edit: Also as a sidenote, blacking out does not always denote an overall loss. Many runs will either have it as a lose condition, but others can end simply from being unable to continue. Personally, I operate under the idea that a full party wipe means that I have to start fresh using stuff still in the box. I lose if I run out of Pokemon, or if I need a HM to progress and I have no means of utilising it.

Last edited:

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Dear @Zero,

I'm sorry for being a little rude, but since there's many Pokemon Series and Games, I can't focus on Berry Farming. Plus, that's not a important rule of a Nuzlocke. And, even though I'm writing a Sword and Shield Nuzlocke University, I'm trying to write across all games.

Thank you for letting me know about the edit though.

Edit: I got it fixed

Last edited:

Duke_Maniac

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Psychic
Black out is not necessarily a loss depending on the rule set. There are only really 3 rules

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
"Your Majesty" is gender neutral. (he/him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
Hello @Spaz,

Do you want to make a PowerPoint about Grinding? I'm a half-noob. 😀
Unfortunately, I'm not the best person for this. My only tip (and probably not even that good of one) is to look up the amount of experience you need to reach your desired level (helpful table) then subtract the total number of exp points the Pokemon you're currently grinding has. Keep subtracting whenever that Pokemon gains exp until that number hits zero.

I'd suggest making a basic presentation then sending it to someone on the forums to edit/revise

Last edited:

MylesNew2Nuzlocke

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry

I have added a PowerPoint class.

P.S. I'm making a PowerPoint on Grinding during a Nuzlocke. But I need more sources please send your links or suggestions in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)