• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke Survivor: Hoenn - Official Thread

REDalchemist

S.P.D. Jack Landors
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Whomst
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
There once was a man named Gold Roger, who was King of the Pirates. He had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams.
Have any of you guys ever heard of the movie Cody Banks featuring Hillary Duff?

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be

dang it RED

Back at it again with the filler checkpoints

oh god oh fuck the horse is on fire and i'm too lazy to find a funny valflame meme to put here instead

Ghost

Never played Awakening

Oh that's the entire checkpoint

Caught a Bulbasaur in the Safari Zone but I wasn't allowed to keep it so now it's eligible for a first encounter.

...I really did end up choosing Black Eagles after all. But the nickname theme here is dead fire emblem characters. So I guess this is now the church route?

Back to contest hell we goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sandwichface

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 19, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
the biggest dude in history
this is a funny opening statement

this is a route

this is a catch

this is a kaiju name from ultraman

this is another route

this is another catch

this is another ultraman kaiju

this is NOT where i get the catch for this place

this is

this is a spooky ghost

this is a spooky ultraman 80 kaiju name

this is plot

these are defeated trainers

this is a checkpoint

Zealous Zweilouss

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 23, 2020
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon

This was one of my two catches from the Safari Zone award. When I started catching pokemon I was naming them "bye." I will reveal the second catch in the check in...

Simple Catches. Through the power of dupes clause I basically scale Mt. Pyre before I found anything.....

Like this 29HP IV Shedinja. Gg.

Basically every battle to the summit went like that.

Post easy NPC slaughter screenshot.

HOSTS?!?!?!?!

And now my suffering will begin. 60 berries! 12 Hours! 1 Survivor!

I forgot about this guy doing the television spots after each contest round. Obviously I did this after the hour expired. That might have been the most fun I've ever had with the interview word palate mechanic in these games.

Quvar

Lesser Urban Legend
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
This has been... quite the weekend, to say the least. Apologies to the viewers for having to witness the embarrassing display in my confessional, I really thought that I was better at Q*bert than that. At least I'll always have Agent Cody Banks to pick me back up when I'm feeling down, brush off my ass, and kiss me on the cheek. What a hero. And now you're never going to guess what time it is! Oh. You did it. You guessed it immediately. Yes, it is time for me to be tired and type up another update before bed that should be short but will probably be much longer than it needs to be. I do feel like the screenshots I have taken this time probably won't lend themselves to too many monologues or tangents, so maybe it will be okay? Only one way to find out.

It's... strange. Not much time has passed, not really, but the feeling of them all is still so strong. The first ones may not have left as strong of an imprint on my soul, but they are all there all the same. Part of me has to wonder... where do they really go when they are eliminated? I film them taking their torch up to the Host?!?!. I film the flame, so bright, so full of life and hope, flickering and dancing in the night air, reaching up toward the sky as if it truly believes that if it just stretches that little bit more it will be able to touch the stars. Spitting out embers, sparks, floating up into the darkness as if to tell the heavens, "Look! I can make them too!" I film as the torch that represents their dreams, their aspirations, their efforts is struck down. Snuffed out in a moment, as quick as a wink. I film the fading of the light, and the smoke from the dead flame lazily trickles into the night sky as if to whimper, "You're right, that is but your domain."

I film, always there, always behind the camera, never really in the moment. I film, and it helps to distance myself from the proceedings. I film, and it lets me pretend like I'm just there to do my job, little more than a spectator.

I film them, their face in those moments, and I watch the denial, the shock, the anger, the acceptance. I watch their eyes, sparkling in the light of the flame and shadowed in the sudden silence. I watch them, their faces, their mouths. You can tell so much about a person by the way their mouth moves. The twitch, the quiver, the pursed lips, the partially ajar, the hint of a smile, the gravity pulling it down into a frown. I watch them, crestfallen, defeated, furious... scared.

I film them as they walk away from us. I film them as they head into the distance, toward the horizon. I film until their silhouette is lost to the darkness, and then I film some more. I film the empty air, the cool breeze brushing past the tall grass making it shimmy and sway, the light of the moon spilling out over the land.

I film, because that's all I can do.

I'm distanced by the camera, but I'm still there no matter how much I don't want to accept it. I'm still standing, left behind as they disappear one by one. Where do they go? Where do they REALLY go? Home, of course, anything else would be silly. Ridiculous. Just as ridiculous, perhaps, as there being some sort of evil ritual being performed with me as the centerpiece, perhaps even being led by the very show-runners that are sending the other contestants on their way.

Silly.

Ridiculous.

But where do they really go?

It's not my place to ask such questions, I suppose. I'm just the cameraman.

My name is Brad.

It's short for Bradward.

But my middle name is Justice, so maybe I have to ask the questions.

But right now, the biggest question I need to ask is to myself: why are you not booking it to the next checkpoint already? Good point, me! Let's go! But first, there is nothing wrong with

This is Carson. He is actually an expert in small engine repair, despite his decidedly hoof-like hands, and he will often offer free lawnmower repairs during the summer months for his friends and neighbors, as well as taking care of snowblowers during winter. I love him.

This one makes a ton of sense, just wait, you're going to love it. See, it talks about how Rapidash is very fast in the Pokedex entry, right? Well what else is very fast? Yeah, NASCAR! But I can't just name him NASCAR, that would be silly, right? I absolutely considered it, yes, and even had it typed out for a moment. Then I realized that NASCAR scrambled up a bit could easily pass for a normal name, CARSAN, and then just clean it up a little for readability and there you go. One very fast horse turning left at incredible hihg speed.

Keep that spirit, kid. Your willpower against the world. I can sense strength from you, I have a... heh heh... sixth sense for these sort of things.

Alright, that's enough. Settle down, I wasn't trying to make fun of you!

You and me both, kid, you and me both. I'm not going to make this all about me, but wowie have I had a crazy couple of days or weeks or months or however long it has been being trapped on this definitely deserted island.

I mean, you're already so cute as is, but the parasol definitely adds a certain flair. I'd go so far as to say that it ups your cuteness by even five twelfths, honestly. You're really making an impact here. My name is Brad, by the way. It's short for Bradward. How about you give me 3/7 of your phone number and I'll try and figure out the rest over the next few weeks and give you a call? I'm a bit busy now, filming for a show ha ha, as you may be able to tell by this giant camera I've been pointing at your face this entire time. Anyways, I'll call you when I solve the very intricate riddle, yeah?

What a pleasant gal. No time to waste, though, because I have new friends to make!

This is Rak. He has several sweet teeth and loves to eat chocolate and pastries, to the extent that his diet is actually quite poor and we are now working on an exercise regimen and slightly more green meal plan just to try and help him refocus. I love him.

Yes, I did just name him after Rak from Tower of God. I was actually stuck on the screen for naming him for quite a while, hopping around lots of names involving teeth and biting, among other things, but I was very tired (surprise!) and just went for the easy pick. I read a couple hundred(?) chapters of Tower of God years ago, and loved every second of it. Once I got caught up though, I sort of fell off, because I'm actually pretty bad at keeping up with manga week to week, or chapter to chapter. I haven't read any since then, but when I saw the anime announced I got that little spark again and the memories, the vague vague memories all began to rush back and I got a little tickle of excitement. The season is over now, and I think they really did an excellent job with practically every aspect of it. Sound design, that MUSIC, the character designs and animation, art style, VA, and also this isn't a Tower of God review this is an update and I need to finish it so we're moving on.

Birds are SO cool. I love their feathers, and their... birdness. Birds are on the rise, so say the polls! I remember I saw a headline about that prior to coming out here for this TV show I am both filming for and participating in. It's a competition. Anyways, the headline read, "Bird Up!", so you know that their stocks must be rising drastically. You know, there was a short period of time about a year ago where I spent a couple of weeks training under an elite ornithologist studying methods to provide flightless birds with the means of flight, or to take away flight from other birds so that they were all on the same playing field. They claimed it was for the sake of equality or something, but part of me wondered if they just hated birds, honestly. Anyways, I accidentally burned down their research center because I was playing Pong against their trained penguin while I was supposed to be watching the emus, but that's a story for another day. My name is Brad, by the by. It sounds sort of like Bird, doesn't it? Ha ha ha... don't call me Bird.

I know! It was awesome! I love it when they play the intro during climactic scenes! Ugh, that is so good every time I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

I'd love to hire you as a bard to follow me around and write songs about my exploits, but I'm afraid I don't have many. I'm just a cameraman. My name is Brad.

Is that true? This absolutely deserted island is fascinating. Overrun with technonsense and supernatural mumbo jumbo alike. It is like the center of the universe, or something, and all thought forms and every possibility are converging on this one island. It seems like a bit of a recipe for a disaster, and I have to wonder if that is part of Their plan? Did they bring me here, to the epicenter of everything, in order to harness the power contained here? The free flowing energy that is permeating the very air, I can feel it, I think, but I also may just need to take a nap at some point. Anyways, this is definitely something to chew on, thank you.

Do I have psychic powers? That would be pretty neat. Wait... what if I do have some sort of all-powerful hidden potential and that is what They are after?Gah, the mysteries never end.

Well of course, grandfather, what can I do for you? Or at least that is what I would like to say, but in actuality I'm in a bit of a rush, so I'm going to have to tentatively say no, depending on what you want from me. Oh, you just want to share some information about timeshares? You know what, that's my mom calling, and not even my fake mom, so I really have to go. I mean, aside from that lie I'm also actually on a time crunch for this challenge I need to complete. It's for a competition I'm in. Gotta jet!

It's true. The way people present themselves can definitely give a small bit of insight into who they are and what they enjoy, or even just what they want people to perceive about them. But even so, we are all complex human beings that have so much more going on beneath the surface that just can't be reflected in the way we look, or dress, or even carry ourselves. It is all a part of who we are, but the visual factor is such a small part that we display to the world in order to represent ourselves at a glance, but it can be very deceiving if you put too much stock into it. I mean, look at me! I'm a dirty filthy man wearing the same clothes for the last several days or months or whatever walking around with this big ass camera on my shoulder. You could assume a lot of things about me based on that, but I assume it is also probably a very striking, if not confusing visual. Anyways, my name is Brad, and I have a train to catch.

Oh yes, scents can leave a lasting impression, especially when paired with powerful emotions and important memories. Whether it leaves you able to still smell whatever prevailing scent was lingering in the air during a major life event or just some fond tale lodged in your mind. Or smelling something in the present triggers memories of a time long past. I still remember the scent of pine needles and smoke from the night I proposed to my first girlfriend in fourth grade while standing in the middle of a blazing forest fire. We were on a school trip, and everything really got out of control. I don't have time to tell the whole story right now, but suffice to say that we never got married and I haven't seen her in quite some time. I think the forest is recovering nicely, too. My name is Brad, by the way. It's short for Bradward.

I mean, you're not wrong, but it could also just be that I haven't been able to wash properly since I was dropped off on this totally deserted island.

That's lovely! Never let go of that, though I doubt I need to tell you that given your obvious experience earning and holding on to the joys in your life. Your smile is so bright and infectious. I could just sit here and chit chat with you all day long over a cup of tea and some biscuits, but I have to be going. I'll try and hold on to my joy, too, even as it is stomped out of me by the forces that be and practically everybody I know at this point.

I'll try to ensure that joy never goes out of my life, even as all those I have built connections with do...

I wonder what May is up to right now. She hasn't returned any of my calls. I... I hope she's okay.

I should make another friend to keep filling the gaping hole in my heart.

This is Scarlett. She makes a mean quiche, and she will make sure that you know it because she will wake you up every morning with a fresh slice alongside a glass of orange juice and a big smile, no matter how many times you tell her that sometimes you just want a bowl of Fruit Loops or something. I love her.

No recollection about why I named her that. Totally gone out of my mind. In my defense, I was pretty out of my mind while I was playing this on Saturday, so it is surprising that I remember anything at all!

Hello ma'am why are you trying to shove a strange piece of paper in my pants, I already have at least one strange piece of paper, do I really need more? Alright, sure, thank you. Also please watch where your grip is drifting while you're doing things like that, we haven't even exchanged names yet. My name is Brad, and I can't stay long bye.

Have you had a premonition of some sort? Do you know what is coming, what They are planning for me? Why are you warning me? What do you know? Who are you working for? Why are you giving me that weird look like I'm talking crazy? Oh... are you just a chuuni? My bad, I didn't mean to scare you. There is just a hell of a lot going on in my life right now. I'll be going, then.

Kuwaaaaaah! Wow! Way to scream directly into my ear, buddy. I'm pretty scared, too, but you don't see me shouting much about it. Alright, take some deep breaths. Look at me, just me. In and out. Yes, look into my eyes. Relax. You've had a long day, haven'r you? I can see the weariness in your eyes. The tension in your body. Deep breathes. Look at me. It's all okay. Everything will be just fine. Feel better now? Good. I have to go stop the end of the world or something now, because that is definitely maybe on its way. My name is Brad, by the way. It's short for Bradward.

Wait, sorry. Like, literally anything? Any movement at all? Buddy... that must be an absolutely terrible existence for you. I don't think I can help you with that one, but baby steps, alright? My heart goes out to you.

There were holes here and there. They're still here and there now.

Yeah! That's the attitude! Keep on cheering for yourself, even when things seem dire. It isn't good to beat yourself up over things, to berate yourself. Keep that positive driving spirit alive. Don't be your own worst enemy, be your own best friend. Love yourself.

I mean, I would love to, don't get me wrong, but I really can't. You seem very nice and it would be just swell if we could hang out for a spell and tell each other everything to quell the looming loneliness inside. I'm afraid I have to reach the top of this mountain, though, for some reason. Wait... didn't those guys with the striped shirts and rad bandannas say that they were headed this way? Oh no, I hope I'm not about to run into them. I'm not ready for that, I think... Oh, my name is Brad, by the way. Hopefully we can spend some time together once this all blows over?

Huh, sure is spooky up here. So very foggy, and quiet. On the top of this mountain. Such a quiet mountain. Spooky.

Is that someone up ahead? It's hard to make it out in all this haze, but I did spend many of my days in these sorts of conditions back when I lived in the Dome where they were testing the effect of fog on manifesting the demons hidden within peoples' subconscious. Yeah, that is definitely a person. A few, actually... wait... are they wearing...?

I agree, honestly. Just tell me, Archie isn't here, is he? I don't want to talk with him right now, but I have to touch the tip of this mountain for this checkpoint in the TV show I'm a part of. See the camera? Yeah. that is what that's about.

Really? You guys are that belligerent that you won't just let me walk up there and tap the tip? Come on, just be a little considerate, would you? I've had a long weekend or weeks or something. Why are you guys even here? Don't you just specialize in petty crimes and the occasional WIFECRIME? What do you need the top of this evil and powerful mountain for?

Because you're trying to get in my way! And your weird little organization may be messing with ME! Are you working for the shadow council? The seven heavenly kings? Scott? What is your aim?! Of course I can't know anything when nobody is talking! I'm just trying to live my life, and you all insert yourselves in the way to block my path. Trust me, I would love to not have to deal with any of you ever again if you would just let me. Are you going to let me pass now? I get a little rowdy and you back down, just like that? Alright, sure, move out of the way, please.

Fall behind how? What is the goal here, there, anywhere? Who are you fighting against? Those guys in the rad red hoodies? Just them? What about me? What about all the other factions at play on this completely deserted island? The Dark Covenant, the Shadow Council, the seven heavenly kings, the CORPORATION, the INSTITUTE, the CITY, the covedwellers, Scott, the show-runners, and so on and so on. I have no clue how many people or organizations are involves, and what they are after, but it just seems like absolute chaos.

Thank you for the compliment, but that's exactly what I'm talking about! There ARE a lot of you! And not just you bandanna bandits. I see you're shutting up now, too. Don't want to give away any secrets, huh? Whatever. Let me through. This fog is really messing with my visuals.

EITHER TEAM? So there are just two? Is that what you're implying, that with all the people and groups involved it really just boils down to two collectives and me? Three sides to this war? I somehow don't entirely believe that. Perhaps it is that whoever your opposition is, and you, are only involved in certain aspects of all of this? Many factions, but not all after the same things or involved in the same schemes... some of them possibly lying completely out of the circle of influence of the others...?

Wait, what? Were you lying to me just to get the wheels turning in my head? Catching me monologuing to buy time? Sneaky. How much of what you said was the truth, and how much was misdirection? Where are you going? Don't run like that, it's dangerous, you can't see where you're going! And there they go... lost to the fog. What's going on at the top of this? I'm almost there. Just a little bit more.

Oh... Archie. Fancy meeting you here on top of the foggy mountain of death. Are you ready to come clean now? Tell me what your ultimate objective is? Stop lying to me and leaving me in the dark so we can start to mend our relationship and finally go out for that nice seafood dinner? I'm not just asking because I've been eating literal trash for weeks now, but also because you're incredibly handsome and charismatic and I'd like to be able to trust you and get to know you, but you've been being so cagey with me. Why did this happen this way? Talk to me, Archie.

And off he goes once again. I swear that man never wants to spend too much time around me. Maybe I really mean that little to him? I thought we had some sort of connection.

I know, it is actually rather rude and disrespectful. Can you believe he treats me like that? What happened before I got here, by the way? Why was he here?

I don't know what that means. What orbs? Why orbs? Are they a part of the ritual that is being performed? I noticed that Archie didn't call me by any sort of name this time, and I'm not really sure if that should leave me feeling relieved or more concerned. Do you know anything about the seven heavenly kings? Have you heard of Scott?

It? Wait, have you heard of Scott? You know that he is not a normal human being, but something Other? What do you know about him? Anything at all, please, I know you're saying that you don't know exactly what he is, but do you know anything about his plans, what he is capable of, his favorite color, anything?

You... you look like you're trying to speak, but your voice just won't come out. You're gasping for air, are you alright? Please, if this conversation is causing you pain in some way, or if you are actually being stopped from speaking it is okay. I'm used to getting nothing lately. It's not your fault, relax.

What is this? Some sort of emblem? This symbol does look rather familiar... aha! This was on the hoodies of those guys! I wonder if this symbol is the brand logo? Is this some sort of voucher or coupon for their store? I do love their style, so I wouldn't at all mind perusing their selection. Do they have a website, or is there a location nearby that I could check out?

I suppose you wouldn't know, considering you didn't recognize the logo even. That's alright, I'm sure I can figure it out somehow. Thank you for your time, and I hope that your orbs end up safe and sound! Archie may be a bit aggressive and neglectful, but deep down I think he is a good guy.

I hope he is a good guy.

Not exactly. I was sent here by the hosts of Nuzlocke Survivor: Hoenn as the next checkpoint. You know, sometimes I feel like parts of this competition are more akin to the Amazing Race than Survivor, but what do I know, I'm just a cameraman.

My name is Brad, by the way. And I need to find where to use this coupon.

Oh hey, I didn't see you there! Did you expect some sort of plot development in this update, or perhaps in this post-credits scene? Well, have I got a surprise for you! There is very little of any import that happened! I think. I mean, sure, this is sort of the impetus for a near-cataclysmic event in the game, but Brad doesn't know that.

Wait, what?

You didn't hear anything. Go back to sleep.

But... I wasn't sleeping. Ouch, who's talking?

Oh Hibiki you have finally grown into your own and are have finally discovered your true hearts' song. You're ready to get out there and punch god, now.

Bottle, look at you, how you have grown. Multiplied, even! Does this mean I get three wishes now? What does that even mean? You're so cute.

You're looking more and more like your namesake every day, Potato! You're so reliable, you're like a rock to me. Sturdy, supportive. I'm glad to have you in my life.

This is Gumby. He is so cute and is a sweet precious cinnamon bun that is too good and pure for this world. I love him

moo contacted me when he caught this on Route 123 and after seeing how clear I made it that I love Chikorita. He even allowed me to name it! What a sweetheart. This is a pretty simple name, because I didn't want him to wait long, so the first thing I thought was Chiko... Chiclets, that's a type of gum! I then went on a little tangent with Juicy Fruit before falling back to the basic idea of gum, and Gumby, then tried to think of the name of Gumby's horse, which is of course Pokey, but that is much too close to Pocky, so I fell back once more and figured that Gumby is a pretty cute name and works well enough. Anyways, this is probably the most pointless trade that has happened in Nuzvivor so far, but I love my baby boy.

Alas, Cynthia, your time in the sun is over now as you must go keep Moo company for the time being. Go teach him musical theory or something. You know I was never that good of a student, anyways. Good bye!

That's it. Really, that's everything. I know, right?

I feel like this was a really long update for nothing to happen in. Because I'm so tired, at least in part, I really struggled with the last bit of this. I didn't know how to weave together all the important lore bits of what was happening here with whatever mockery of a narrative I have playing out with Brad, and I spent a long long time staring at the screen and my keyboard, perusing all the screenshots that I took, and fighting the urge to sleep. So I didn't. I just basically skipped it all. You're welcome? What a weekend. I'm glad it is over now and I can head into another week of work with a wacky schedule. At least I'll have a few days off at the end of the week. Yay~

Anyways, I caught a Rapidash, a Totodile, and a Duskull.

Brad did some things and talked to some people and questioned his position in the ever-shifting dynamic of whatever the hell is going on on this island. Pretty common, eh? The shoe has to drop at some point. It can't just continue to be vague and undetermined, right? That would be so boring and annoying.

Maybe.

Probably, even.

Middle name Justice.

Have a beautiful day. I love you.

Thank you.

Episode 1: A Prelude to Total Victory
Episode 2: The Chasing of a Dream
Episode 3: Tomorrow May Come
Episode 4: A Sea of Stars
Episode 5: A Retort and a Half
Episode 6: Beyond the Need for Kings
Episode 7: Flash in the Pan
Episode 8: Godspeed
Episode 9: Do You Remember That Day, One Year Ago?
Episode 10: Fade into the Ether
Episode 11: The Flames of Rebellion
Episode 12: Screams of the Damned
Episode 13: Together We Could Fly
Episode 14: Pieces of You
Episode 15: A Fractured Heart
Episode 16: The Verge of Collapse

Last edited:
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
i spent approximately 3000 hours on making pokeblocks for the second challenge in a row, so this update's gonna be extra shit because i'm tired/lazy/etc

spooky, scary, mildly depressing ghost tower

catch is scary, but not depressing. honestly fantastic, considering my ghost of choice before this was a shuppet

hopefully nobody uses the nickname "nobody"

122 catch, pretty good, just outclassed by the 4 other good water types i have

rené can be a feminine name too if you add another e

neat catch from route 123, but again, i have a hell of a lot of useful grass types, so this too is outclassed

i asked quvar to name it, and then i gave it to him immediately

here is my reward, which is definitely not 100% outclassed by rhydon, which is a mon i definitely don't have

there are two random trainers with wobbuffets in mt pyre and i completely forgot about em, so they both scared the shit outta me

aqua BTFO: episode 89

oh noooooooooo

i'd rather do contests

here's the elite contest squad. figured i'd post it here too so everybody can see. for a fun game, guess which mon corresponds to which contest stat!

GoodMorningCrono

The Real Sports Adamin
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Sports is NOT down, it's your internet
somehow, I am still alive in this horrible, most dangerous game

I feel like some kind of wild beast being kept alive by the hunters as I stumble through the underbrush in their sights, as they watch me for some twisted enjoyment

but then I burst onto the streets of Lilycove City and for one night, and one night only, I remember the man I used to be

It's contests time, baby

I was hype for contests until the part where I had to do the contests.

let's start with the catches

Route 122 catch:

Rapidash suffers from being a fire type, which is not a real type. The only useful Rapidash in gen 3 comes from Pokemon XD and has Baton Pass, which cannot also have Hypnosis because that's an egg move. When you have exactly two useful moves and you can't have them together, you have problems.

Route 123 catch:

What the fuck man I didn't ask for more fire types go away

Both of these were modest which is ass because their only good sets are physical. Go away

Mt. Pyre catch:

If you count the Graveler from the Safari Zone that I didn't catch I now have run into every Gen 1 trade evo mon in this nuzlocke. What a fuckin privilege.

I wanted something other than +spatk as a nature so I consulted a psychic and they informed that I needed to turn this pokemon into a fist

@Mio is a hack

Why are you breeding pokemon in a graveyard? I think you're more special than me bud.

This man's teacher was a pokemon ig

this man's story:

wut

things that I guarantee all of the rest of you forgot about without even reading any of the other updates:

what a flex

other things that happened:

if you laughed at this you're like 13

since it's now less than 1 hour until the checkin I can finally checkin the way I want to, with the mons that I used to fuck up this challenge

fun fact I absolutely didn't bother referencing the move change doc to see if there was any modification to the Double-Edge level until literally right now because I assumed there would be no reason anyone would give a flying fuck about this move, it turns out Shup generously moved it to level 40 on Marowak so I could have not spent a shitload of time grinding a Cubone up to 45, but did anyways.

also this guy who kinda solo'd most of the update for me and was the only one who ended up capping, this is not a cheap way to hide the fact that I spent way too long on this challenge and therefore did not have time to grind out my pokemon to 46

MarkedInStone

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This POKéMON is struggling to figure out what interesting stuff he can put into his Pokédex entry.
according to crono i am thirteen

Named this one TenthWorld.
I'm running out of solid names, but I still got some good ones in my arsenal.

Talking about Arsenal, it's funny how even in our worst season for a long time, Spurs are still ahead of them. By two points, yes. But whatever.

Yes, I watch the soccerfootballs

blue,

songs are like tattoos,

you know i've been to sea before

crown and anchor me

or let me sail away

hey blue

here is a song for you

ink on a pin

underneath the skin

an empty space to fill in

talking about empty spaces to fill in, i'm gonna fill this one with a paragraph of an essay i wrote on joni mitchell

Mitchell would not call herself a hippie- she always tended to distance herself from the movement. Some of her most pertinent lyrics discuss the hypocrisy and hypermasculinity inherent in this system, and her personal lyrics give her a way to show this. Even in a song that seems, on the surface, to be a celebratory one- 1970’s “Woodstock” from her third studio album, Ladies of the Canyon, we can sense her skepticism of its reality. This song describes a (fictional) meeting between the speaker, likely Mitchell herself, and an unnamed attendee of the famed music festival. The attendee seems fixated not on the lofty goals of world peace that it seemed to be supporting, but on his own, selfish, wishes- to “join in a rock and roll band”, to “camp out on the land”, and to set his own “soul free” (“Woodstock”, 6-8). The way Mitchell repeats this structure- each line of his response is begun with the same “I’m going…” shows the immaturity of the attendee’s ideals (“Woodstock”, 5-8). For all the talk about creating harmony and ending wars, it seemed to Mitchell simply like men going to indulge in their own fantasies- and this idea persists throughout her songs. In 1971’s “Blue”, the title track of what many critics call her best album, she addresses the movement’s hedonism- how “so many [are] sinking” (12) into the recesses of “acid, booze, and ass, needles, guns, and grass” (14-16)- trying to retreat from the world’s issues into the shell of self-indulgence, their “temporary lovers, and their pills and powders to get them through this passion play.” (Coyote, Hejira, 1976). As Alexander Pettit phrased it in his article in Canadian Literature, she was bemoaning this “difficulty of finding intimacy in a stoned and self-indulgent culture.” (Skepticism, Spring 2014) This idea was the foundation of much of her songs- perhaps sometimes more the former, sometimes more the latter.

also haunter.

you notice that's a repeat ball! yes i've had a haunter before. but it was krash's. i like to think the spirit of poggers lives on in TurbIndigo (turbulent indigo, title track of her 199X album that many hailed as a return to form and also was like one of her last albums before she retired)

am i missing anything? feel free to call 202-555-5555 with all your complaints.

Shup

what a memory
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The Contest Challenge is now finished, and Crono is the winner, earning his second individual immunity! Zandaka Tribe just finished up the eleventh Tribal Council of the game, where they voted out another player.
Kirby.
Time for your next checkpoint.

CHECKPOINT #15 - Tate & Liza

Goal: Explore the Magma Hideout, make your way to Mossdeep City, and defeat Tate & Liza.
Level Cap: 48
Catches: Magma Hideout, Route 124, Mossdeep City
Checkpoint Deadline: Thursday, July 2nd at 12:00 PM EST (~48 hours from now)
Check-In Limit: 9
Required Teamshots: Maxie, Tate & Liza
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHALLENGE #15 - :metapod: Puzzle
Immunity + Reward

Description:
This one is pretty simple. This was a tribal challenge in season 1, but now it's individual! Fun. Basically, all you have to do is complete this fun little jigsaw puzzle. You are allowed to complete the puzzle as many times as you want within the checkpoint's time limit, and submit as many scores as you like. The player who completes the puzzle the fastest wins individual immunity. When submitting your time, you must provide a screenshot of your full screen, with your name in the URL like so. Do not try to change your score through photo editing, that is cheating and will absolutely not be tolerated.

Deadline: Same as checkpoint.

Reward: One Choice Band, and individual immunity.

Good luck.

Last edited:

greenchu

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
This is actually a quality update and check-in. Please like, comment, and subscribe.

*Hacker voice* I'm in

You're heard of Lord Helix now get ready for...

Duke Dome!

DUKE DOME DOES NOT ASK YOU TO PRAISE HIM. DUKE DOME COMPELS YOU TO PRAISE HIM.
DUKE DOME IS INEVITABLE. DUKE DOME IS ETERNAL.
DON THE DOME. DON THE DOME. DON THE DOME.

Clearly he must be referring to Duke Dome. I can't imagine anything more powerful than that.

This is the worst drug commercial ever.

"If you suffer from chills, ask your doctor if Team Magma is right for you. Side effects may include loss of Pokemon variety on your team, 10 year old children beating the shit out of you, and heat stroke."

me irl

Crono when he found out he didn't get voted off for like the 2nd week in a row.

Yes, but do you know what I think is really odd? The circumstances surrounding Jeffrey Epstein's supposed suicide.

foxnews.jpg

taBADtha

MAXie did MINImum damage.

YOUR OBJECTIONS ARE MEANINGLESS
WE EXPECT YOUR TOTAL COOPERATION
ALL HAIL DUKE DOME

If you think about it, this is basically the casting couch. Since it's in the Team Aqua Hideout, I'd say they each have about the same amount of semen/seamen.

(shut up, this joke works better if you say it out loud)

See, this guy is even admitting it!

And this dude is just walking around shirtless! What more evidence could you need?

Disgusting, their seed soaked out into Route 124 and became my encounter
how long can i keep up this 1 dumb joke

THE DOME HAS DEEMED YOU DEAD

This was my first non-dupe catch in Mossdeep. For all the flak Charizard gets for having like 6 different forms, the haters never mention that Typhlosion is just a Charizard clone stats-wise which basically makes it the original Charizard-clone.

I offered Crono to let Duke Dome into his life, but he said no because he has an urgent hentai emergency that only the great Mr. Tim Hentai, CEO of hentai and tentacle porn, can help him with.

My current theory is that Crono wants to buy all of us ahegao sweatshirts. Make sure to @crapple in the discord server to let him know what size you want!

So I ended up trading my water type that I wasn't using for a Haunter that someone wanted to evolve. Time is a flat circle, and Badnik is a wife-stealing weirdo.

Anyways, Shup fucking murdered the Fishing Guru.

I'm a missile now. You might have immunity to votes, but you don't have an immunity to missiles.

Team Magma did 9/11.

I guess this guy must do a lot of recruiting for the Team Aqua Casting Couch.

Also this is unrelated, but am I the only one who hates the Emerald layout of this gym? It was much better in Ruby and Sapphire, if you ask me.

Not too bad. My plan of OHKOing everything with PISSBABY and WahWah just like with Winona almost worked. PISSBABY barely missed the OHKO on the lead Claydol, who then proceeded to click Earthquake (hence the damage on PISSBABY) which also hurt the Alakazam that switched in for the fainted lead Xatu that WahWah knocked out.
If you see this Pokemon while Nuzviving

You have been visited by Duke Dome of the abyss
Headcrabs and world domination will come to you
But only if you comment "DON THE DOME" on this update

Sandwichface

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 19, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
the biggest dude in history
everybody's gone surfin'

plot cave

nice bug

ant choju from ultraman ace

"hmm yes let me use the blue orb to control the red pokemon"

because i don't SUCK at this, idiot

he didn't do much

oh yeah, this happened too

hi hunter i'm sandwich

r o u n d boy

four-legged fish monster from ultraman
pinnipeds don't make good kaiju, it seems

mASSdeep city

apparently you can fish these up

this ultraman kaiju totally isn't just godzilla with a neck frill
not at all...

here it is
the cbt gym

let's just get these nerds out of the way

here goes nothing

holy SHIT this fight
i made it to the gym leader's room and decided "y'know what, i should grind a little more"
houndoom & crobat are seen a lot in these screens because i realized a way to kinda-sorta cheese this partway through the fight
basically, switching out crobat with houndoom makes houndoom absorb all psychic moves
and switching houndoom with crobat allowed one pokemon to target my other pokemon while claydol used earthquake and failed to hit crobat
i didn't even kill the medicham, claydol did with a crit earthquake iirc
also, shoutouts to me for not taking a screen of their dead slowbro

god DAMN

Zealous Zweilouss

Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 23, 2020
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
It's 5AM and I'm about to pass out even with a bunch of caffeine in me.
I literally came in this far with only dupes. Golbat and Gravelers for days....
40 turns later
Ludicolo took care of Sabyele because I was afraid on Zangoose getting poisoned like the good battler that I am.

I mean it could be good. Ancient Power and Silver wind is actually a really nice core.

Man I bet the Aqua Hideout will be fun.

And it was not! I literally used Butterfree to one shot Matt's team.

7.8/10lolololololol.

More catches. Sceptile has decent IV's, but it might be too little too late.

..l., :)

I lost the first screen. But basically the first part of this battle was spamming surf and rock slide to tear through the leads, Claydol and Xatu. This was of course after the necessary cosmic power. After Xatu switched out while barely surviving, Exeggutor ate a yawn and flinch hax from Martin's rock slide. Slowbro proceeded to get flinch haxed to high heaven thanks to Martin also. Unfortunately, Slowking ate a yawn from Slowbro and switched out to Ludicolo who helped clean up and get some extra damage out against the switch ins. Gotta love gen 3 switch in mechanics huh?

After that. I decided to believe in Cody Banks the Dusclops to tank a hypothetical shadow ball from Medicham but it never happened. Martin and Cody Banks cleaned house. I also had hyper beam on Martin as a last resort in the contests so that was used against Medicham at the last moment so the victory could have more meaning to me.

GoodMorningCrono

The Real Sports Adamin
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
On this update, we have to fight our way through two secret bases including one in a volcano and one with...secret experimental teleporters or something?? I really want to know how Maxie and Archie get access to the technology that they do. What are these peoples' day jobs? And more importantly what kind of fucked up survivor competition is this that is sending us to fight crime I never saw shit like this on any of the Survivors I saw on TV

I am more and more convinced as this show goes on that this is just some kind of hunger games simulator being run by the men upstairs who attend these fabled "board meetings" I keep hearing about at tribal, and the end result is that we just all die for the ratings. I have to find a way out, there must be some way out

To begin we warp fly back to Lavaridge

nice game hosts ecksdee

Acro bike master race letting me climb back up to the hideout from Lavaridge Town. Mach bike selectors in shambles.

I forget that I need strength so I have to fly back to Lavaridge and get my strength slave like an idiot. good job me.

Magma Hideout catch:

I would be upset about this because Onix is one of the worst fucking pokemon ever and I don't think I'm gonna have too many more checkpoints for trade evos to make it worthwhile, but based on the rest of the crap I saw in here this wasn't that bad by comparison I guess. Only thing I would have wanted was the friggin Magneton but that was probably like the 1% encounter and you can't get upset over not getting a 1% encounter.

I'm not bitter that everyone has Magneton or Dugtrio and I don't nope not at all

This is some weird ass logic dude

Me too. I've been half assing it pretty bad lately but I can't let things keep me down or else I'm going to end up regretting everything later on in life. Be like Magma Grunt. Try at things.

hmm well let's see, according to this very scientific drawing I have as a reference

Yes, it does seem like it has a tail.

Aggressively wheelie-ing up to Maxie
Groudon does the light show rave etc etc

This video is full of really bad menuing and struggling to ko mons like 6 levels below mine because I'm extremely tired doing this update. Very bad 0/10

We then go to slateport because the game tells us that we have to before entering the Aqua Hideout. Needless backtracking like this is why you only got a 7.8/10, Hoenn

hm yes fascinating

I actually still remember the path to this stupid room by heart for some ungodly reason

and which ones are the electrodes
time not well spent in middle school that I really should have been using to start a side hustle instead tbf

I didn't record any of the rest of this area because it has no redeeming qualities besides the coolest battle background in the game, tbf the entire thing is a waste of time and should have been folded into the seafloor cavern for better pacing but criticizing 20 year old design decisions isn't going to do much at this point

Route 124 catch:

yay I can finally make up for killing Walrein back in the Abandoned Ship

not a really terrible water type all things considered but I am probably not going to select Walrein over Feraligatr even still

I just REALLY want a fucking Tentacruel or Starmie man how hard is it to just get one of the actually prolific water types from Gen 3

Twitter tells me this rock must be torn down and replaced with a Brock

Mossdeep City Catch:

yeah whatever sorry Clefable is not a real pokemon in gen 3 next

"surely Crono won't attempt to sweep this gym with Scizor just like every other gym"
That's where you went wrong, assuming I'm capable of coming up with more than 1 idea

Anyways it's 4 AM and I'm really tired so this update doesn't contain as much effort as I would like but yeah you know I tried, hope it's enjoyable

oh yeah also traded that stupid haunter I got last check with Kesha for his Tentacruel so it would evolve

part of the reason this took so long was the need to grind up some familiar faces to catch the squad up to the level cap since I've been hugely shirking lately. say hi to our old friends

and then the rest of these nerds because I got really fucking tired of grinding after a couple hours

I just realized that this thing is somehow cured of pokerus after I got it back from Marf? Marf wtf did you do

ok great that's 9 bye

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
being unbelievably stupid, i posted this update unfinished, then deleted the post without remembering to copypaste it, so i wasn't able to just start where i left off. very smart

magma hideout fucking sucks and i hate it

good catch, though! had a garbage nature, so i fixed it with a nature mint

fun fact: the tangent leading to this name started with the word "pizza". figure that one out

insert 100 more magma grunts being destroyed by zangoose here

OH GOD IT'S TABITHA OH FUCK

oh right, unedited team lol

wrong colour, silly

this 10 year old is making giant monsters vanish into thin air, and basically, you are fucking stupid

thanks for using toxic! greatly appreciated

guts boost normal STAB=easy OHKOs

"give his whole team fake out lol" - hosts

figure now's a good time to gush about how much i like shiftry. it's my favourite grass type, and prob in my top 10 favourite pokemon period. tengu aesthetic is fucking great, and i honestly sorta wish i caught one at some point, even if it isn't great to use. anyway thanks for coming to my ted talk

on a similar note, flareon is my favourite eeveelution. very fluffy, very cute

jenga really did do well this fight. OHKOing three things is always handy

probably the hours of EV training

alright, see ya next update dude

thought this fight would be a lot harder than it was. his mons being level 38 really made this easy, so that's good

ah, the ol "here's where we are, come stop us" strategy

find out next update, probably

insert many aqua grunts being hit by funny poison move

shoutout to this grunt in particular for asking a question directly from the viewers

"pulverize"

he's like 10 levels underleveled, seriously

yeah whatever dude i want catches

hey, the first trade evo that i've caught!

J.O.B. SQUAD BABY

and then i immediately flipped it for this!

more catches NOW

hey, a fire type that's probably better than rapidash!

this is where i find out that it's impish with 0 special attack IVs and i toss it into the retirement box

i forgot how many trainers are in the mossdeep gym. there's like 15, seriously. also one of them has a wobbuffet and those always scare the shit outta me

well i've played emerald before so the surprise is lost on me

i will admit, i was terrified of this gym. my plan was use slowbro and dusclops, then just really slowly chip the gym down with surf/shadow ball

i missed the screenshot of me beating their claydol, so here's a microcosm of the battle. everything slept my slowbro, and then turned to dusclops and spammed psychic at him

in hindsight, my strategy for the exeggutor was really risky. i set +6 spdef on my slowbro, but crit giga drain from their exeggutor still would've OHKO'd. also the exeggutor spammed hypnosis constantly and that made me seethe

fuck this xatu, too. set up dual screens constantly, just to make this fight even slower. also, get used to them having their own slowbro in these screenshots. the slowbro and xatu stuck around forever, and that wasn't helped by them having 4 (four) hyper potions

medicham was scarier in theory than in practice. i was worried about it having shadow ball and just blasting dusclops, but it spammed protect and got KO'd by shadow ball+surf

zam set up a calm mind the second it got out, so i was really worried that shadow ball wouldn't OHKO somehow. thankfully, it did, so the fight was down to just their slowbro

this one screenshot really doesn't do their slowbro justice. it followed an exact pattern of turns: it would yawn my slowbro, yawn dusclops, psychic dusclops, then repeat. it did this the whole time, including when there was another mon next to it, so it was absolutely terrifying. every turn i had to blue flute or heal something. at one point, dusclops was low and slowbro was asleep, so i had to switch in my blastoise for dusclops to just eat some hits for a few turns while i healed. really, really annoying mon

no deaths, though! yay!

this teamshot does not do this fight justice. can't decide whether this or brawly was harder

i've been waiting for this TM for so long

Quvar

Lesser Urban Legend
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Well good morning, depending on your time zone! It is one of those things again where... actually this hasn't happened yet, not exactly like this. I took about 400 screenshots and only have a little over two hours before the check-in deadline because my phone decided to restart and skip my alarm because OooOHO I need SLEeEep. Silly phone. Anyways, because of all that I'm going to try and keep all of this relatively short and sweet, but will likely still need to post an "unfinished" update. Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of my life.

Alright... hup... just... eurgh... nnnnh.... okay, there we go, camera facing me now. Wow this thing sure is heavy.

Hello audience, assuming once more that they will be airing any of my footage! That's still sort of up in the air, isn't it? Whether they are in on the plot against me or they are just trying to run some sort of reality television competition, I feel like there are a lot of things that I am recording that they probably don't want to air on national TV. I'll continue to document everything I can, though, just in case they do release that Bradward Cut as a DVD extra or something.

Speaking of documenting everything, I have been getting less and less footage of the other competitors. I feel like they are avoiding me, which makes my job rather difficult. I get that we are facing off against each other here, so it is sort of every person for themselves, but I still need to record them doing mundane tasks, you know? I've been having to do a lot more skulking around corners and in bushes in order to get anything. They won't even eat out of the same trash can as me. We're all just out here trying to survive on this one hundred percent deserted island, so I don't see where the harm is in a little camaraderie.

Unless... do they know about the evils surrounding me? Are they actually in on it, too? I wouldn't expect as much, because I've filmed them so much and so often and haven't really seen any unusual behavior, at least not in that way. They generally don't refer to me by my name, either, sure, but usually they're just saying things like, "Hey, camera guy, watch where you're swinging that thing!" or, "Whoa whoa whoa, cameraman, back up a little bit, I'm trying to sleep here." or, "Hey, you with the camera, I'm just brushing my hair with this stick here, do you really need footage of this?"

Yes. I do need the footage or my contract will be terminated and the show-runners will have complete ownership of my soul. That was part of the terms of the cameraman contract, pretty standard fare for these type of gigs, I think. At least that was what they told me when I asked about it.

Come to think of it...

I wonder if this coupon has an expiration date? I should probably hurry to try and find the store it is for before that can happen! I guess I also have to go complete this challenge set before us.

Now this is unusual. Why is this coupon vibrating, and also that rock and just that rock? Extremely localized earthquake?

Huh. Well, would you look at that? This must be one of those hip backstreet locales that you need a secret password or something to get into. Totes trendy. Well, I suppose this must be the store, so I may as well head in! Maybe I can make some new friends during this SHOPPING EPISODE!

This is Leopold. He doesn't do much, really, just sort of likes to laze about day to day, but he is always willing to lend a hand... tentacle? Foot nub? Whatever he has to a friend in need, even if he will groan a bit about having to get up. Doesn't have a whole lot of interest in clothing, aside from hats which he adores. I love him.

I can dig it. Where can I find those hoodies, by the way? Or any of the apparel, really? Also hold up, you dug this cave here? This whole thing? Fascinating. The lengths people will go to for a good brand gimmick. I can respect it.

Uh..."we" are looking for the apparel, please? I have a coupon.

Okay, rude, this is very poor customer service.

I've played along with your strange and unusual games, and am choosing to ignore your group's possible ties to all the weirdness surrounding me lately. Can you please just answer my question?

Cool, thanks for not helping at all. It's fine, I can wander through these caverns and figure it out if you're too lazy to help a customer. Am I not cooool enough? Is that it? Speaking of it is actually super hot in this volcano. Who'd have thought?

The surprise I'm saving for the end is that I have no clue how to conclude all of this nonsense that I have put out into the world. shhh, don't tell anyone, it will be super surprising to see just how unsatisfying it can be.

Where, where, where is the clothing? Or anything, really. Is this even a store? This couldn't possibly be some huge misunderstanding, could it?

Huh? Are you saying that you can only purchase items from the store if you already have items from the store? Do you have to be like... gifted a hoodie as an invitation or something? I'm so not up-to-date on how the pretentious fashion labels like this work.

Ohoh! I have a coupon!

Mhmm, the customer is always right.

Oh yeah, I feel you there, buddy. I've been chasing wild geese for days or weeks it feels. No answers, no real leads, just more questions. I think this entire island might just be a site filled with strange human experiments, and that I'm either having delusional hallucinations or am just being monitored by some sort of control room in the sky. Is Nuzlocke Survivor: Hoenn, airing every Wednesday night at 8:00 p.m. ET on CBS even real?

If know my superstitious body language, I think that means that somebody likes you. And it could be meeee! Do you want to be friends? My name is Brad. It's short for Bradward. I love your hoodie! Do you know if I can get one with this coupon?

I imagine it could get pretty hot, but anything for the sake of style, am I right? So about ME getting one of those hoodies wait where are you going don't run away!

Why. Thinking back on it... they were involved with a lot of the strange happenings around me, right? Maybe this really isn't a store at all. That would explain the total absence of purchasable goods.

Good for you, because he is very vague and cryptic around me and I feel like he may be out to get me, or at the very least is deliberately hiding things from me for some reason. Sorry, what did you want to say? Also are these giant drills for sale, and can I get one with this coupon?

Yeah yeah, fair enough. It just doesn't say anything on it about what I can redeem it for, so I had to ask right? Besides, these were the first actual items I've seen in here! I don't even know what you guys are doing here, or with me, or if this is even a store.

Wait, even you guys don't know? Is it only the people at the top who are in on it... no... no I've definitely spoken with several people who seem like they know something and aren't in any sort of position of power. Then again, a few of them did seem like they may have been possessed? See what I mean, so many questions and so few answers. When you talk with him can you relay what you learn to me? I'd really appreciate it. By the way, can I get one of those hoodies why are you hopping into a drillrunner and diving into the earth? Isn't there probably lava down there?

It is important to try. I know that putting in effort can be scary sometimes, primarily if you think too much about how you may fail and what that could mean, yeah? Or how other people might view you based on your efforts? Putting all of that aside, it is important for YOU to try. Each misstep, each failure is an opportunity to learn and grow, and as Michael Scott once said, you miss all of the shots that you don't put the effort into even trying to make, or something like that. Don't let your fear of failure hold you back from achieving your potential. Be you, be strong, live long. You got this.

Oh wow, an underground theater that only shows B movies? That sounds fascinating, and totally the sort of hip happening thing that a cool dude crew like yours would do. Man, you guys are cool. And hot. But not like in a weird way, we're just literally in a volcano.

You accidentally let slip about your super secret special snazzy movie parties, huh? That's okay, at this point I know you aren't going to let me into your club, and that is fine. I still have my sneaking suspicions that you're an evil cult, and I don't have time to be a part of one of those again. I'm a cameraman now, and a participant in Nuzlvivor Hoe.

The best laid plans of mice and men, as the kids say. We may love it when a plan comes together, but so many things can and will hinder you. Plan for failure. Think about the best possible outcome, sure, but make sure that you are prepared in case everything goes awry. Sometimes you just have to have a little faith, sure, and you can't plan for everything, but all you can do is your best. I'm not sure why I'm giving you this advice. I'm pretty sure that your plan involves my demise in some way, and I don't like that. Uh... bye?

Are you an optometrist? I actually have near-perfect vision, which really helps with managing this camera. I actually worked with an experimental optometrist for a few months several years ago, and they injected a bunch of teeny tiny nanobots into my eye, telling me it would provide me with a ton of radical abilities like night vision and zoom functionality and whatnot, but all it ended up doing was giving me an infection. They weren't very good at their job and were working out of a cardboard box in an alley, so I didn't expect too much. I'm just happy that I can still see out of my eye, ha ha! Anyways, I have to go, I'm not sure where I'm headed exactly but I'm pretty sure I'm already way late even though I basically just started.

Oh, hello again, Tabitha. Sorry I ran past you last time, I was super in a hurry, unlike this time where I am mostly in a hurry. Am I hearing you right? Are you going to finally fess up to your plot and reveal everything to me so that I can understand ANYTHING that is happening around here?

Excuse me? What are you trying to say? You're... It.... this isn't all just a dream, is it? That is such a narrative contrivance that... I mean, sure, it works sometimes, and I even documented some of my dreams earlier, but... Come on, no, really? I'm pretty sure I'm not asleep. Unless this is someone else's dream... or perhaps we are all trapped in some sort of simulator that traps us in a dreamlike state? This isn't helping narrow things down, really. Be more specific, and provide evidence if you can.

Okay, that is not helpful. I thought we were going to be cool now? I love your hoodie, by the way, any chance I can snag one like that? I have a coupon. Why are you running away, too? What is with you people! Everybody, really. Nobody is willing to just talk with me. Is everyone in on it? Is this really just all about me?

Sigh... whatever. Keep pushing on. Wow it is getting super hot down here.

Oh. That guy. Maxie, right? Hey, Ma... Max... what is that giant thing in the lava?

Groupon? No, I just have this thing right here. Does that work?

I'm doing what now? That sounds awful. Wait, is this purgatory? Am I dead or dying and that is why all of these strange things keep happening? How did I bathe in lava? I haven't been near lava prior to this since... a couple years back when I participated in the annual lava sculpture competition in rural Kentucky. Was that it? I know I didn't win, but did I actually fall into the lava supply or something?

Oh dang, is it the blue light special? Seriously, where are the aisles, the clothing, the goods?! I have no money, so this probably doesn't matter, but I DO have this coupon!

Okay, you have all made it pretty clear up to this point that you aren't willing to sell me or trade me, let alone give me any of your clothing. I don't want to be a part of your cult, I'm not about that life. Maybe we can just let bygones be bygones? Try to start over, be friends, forget all this end of the world stuff or whatever it is you are planning. Come on, let's give it a shot? Surely you're not a bad guy. Hello, my name is Brad. It is short for Bradward. Nice to meet you. What is that thing in the lava and why is it exploding out of the top of the volcano now?

Have you not been listening to me at all? I've been standing here talking to you for a while. Wow, you are super rude. You know what, I don't know if I want to be friends with you, and I'll have you know that I'm actually on a quest to make 100 friends, so that really says something about your character.

Resorting immediately to violence, eh? Such is the way of a person like you. You're just a thug. A heartless degenerate. I'm going to teach you how to feel.

So this was a fight. As I have learned the strength of using X items in Pokemon battles against AI, which I had never done prior to this Nuzlocke and could be a contributing factor to this being my first Nuzlocke without any deaths (so far), though I am also playing much much more cautiously than I would if I were on my own. What was I saying? Oh, yeah, I just led with Theresa because I figured he would have Sableye lead again and I didn't want to deal with Night Shade, though not dealing with Toxic may have been easier in the end?

Fun happy setup time with X Attacks, Yellow Flutes, Full Heals, and back and forth and. I did pop one Agility in there, just for good measure, then took to the sky. Goodbye, Sableye.

Another Fakeout, this team is still built to try and waste time, isn't it? Fakeout is decent, but goodbye Shiftry.

Bye bye bye, Migh... tyena.

I got bored of Flying here, and also figured there was no point to it when I had other perfectly good moves and Fly has a chance of missing, so my strategy has now been drastically altered. Farewell, Crobat.

Based on other updates, I believe this missed screenshot was a Flareon. Farewell, Flareon.

And finally the big bad booty daddy itself, but gone just as quickly, farewell Houndoom.

I sweat more from the idea of being late on my update because I type more than I need to than from fighting you. Don't quit your day job, Maxie, which I assume is fashion designer because dang look at all of this.

Petra damage completely unrelated to Maxie. Bird up.

Love is my deterrent. Also my detergent? Because I'm cleaning you up?

Alright, yeah, bad joke, sorry.

Bad jokes? I mean, not exclusively no. I actually talk quite a bit. Perhaps too much too often. If we're getting right to the heart of the matter now, though, I'd like for you to rethink the way you live your life, and I would really appreciate it if you would tell me what the heck has been going on with me. Or at least what you know about it, because I realize there are a lot of sides to this and they don't all seem to be after the same thing.

No, I would think that you know quite a bit more about all of this than I do, which is why I'm asking you to share with me. Don't run away aga--

Drat. Foiled once more by these hands that are too busy holding the camera to capture that slimy weasel. Well this was a waste of a trip. What's next... according to the show-runners, I have to reach Mossdeep City for the checkpoint, and I'm already several hours late for that so maybe I should make my way there? If I recall correctly, that was through... Lilycove... eugh I really don't like that place.

You have to go to the cave in the cove. Face your fears. Yes, I am a voice in the sky at this point and not just the narrator or author or whatever. This isn't the first time, don't act surprised.

I'm getting a headache... I think I have to go to the cove.

you have…to go…INSIDE.

This feels wrong. My skin is tingling.

YOU HAVE… TO GO… INSIDE

I... have to go inside. There is nothing spooky here, nothing creepy or evil. It is just a cave, right? There's that strange warmth coming from my pocket again... it is comforting. Alright, I'm ready to face whatever is waiting for me! Let's go!

I'm sorry, he is what? Doing what to who to where?

You literally just said it, I had water in my ear and was asking for clarification because for a second it really sounded like you had said something else. In hindsight, it would make much more sense that you were talking about stealing a submarine, which definitely sounds like something you would do. If I recall correctly, there is a certain surly individual that was working on a submarine... to the fast travel!

This episode is all over the place. Literally and in terms of narrative. As we continue to approach the end of all of this, it is becoming increasingly obvious that I had no plan for any of this, so be very prepared for a bunch of unsatisfying conclusions one way or another.

Oh, I'm still here. I haven't sped away quite yet because I had to wait for the voice that I occasionally hear in my head to finish trying to set low expectations for where this is all going. Wait... what does that mean? No bother, have to go!

You're not even a real journalism. YET. I believe in you, so pursue that dream! Maybe I can be your cameraman when this is all over? My name is Brad, here's my number, it is short for Bradward. Brad is, I mean, not my number... heh...

You...

Look at my camera, Captain, show me that stoic face. I'm not jealous, what do you mean?

Oh, for sure, I am very busy. I was actually headed here to check on your submarine? I heard it could be in danger. By the way, when did you start using the royal we?

Yeah, it sure is nice that those posers left, am I right? Just you and me now.

I mean, I have literally filmed you for Nuzlocke Survivor before. What are you trying to say? Can you not see this big bad camera on my shoulder?

I see, you didn't even see me. Alright. Well hello! You're looking fantastic, like always. Also please, my name is Brad. My parents might be watching.

That wasn't me, despite what it may look like. I don't generally speak in these dialogue boxes. I'm not much of a conformist, I suppose. I go to watch underrated B movies in an underground drive-in theater, so you could say I'm pretty rad.

I don't even know what that means. I'll never claim to be the sort of person who always speaks in coherent sentences, but even I don't understand that.

Oh? Did you understand that encoded message? Also my name is Brad wow you're really strong and just dragging me along, aren't you? Do you work out?

It's short for Bradward. My name, that is.

Odd thugs, in fact. Also scoundrels and goons, if I recall correctly. You aren't married to that submarine, are you? They have a penchant for WIFECRIMES, so you have to watch out for that. You'd really be bringing it on yourself if you had married the submarine. I have nothing against your love, you should have just heard about the WIFECRIME sweeping the nation. There was at least one other odd couple that was a victim of it, if not two. Here, I'll go talk with him. We have... at least a small bit of rapport, though I feel our connection has been crumbling lately.

Wow. Warm greeting there, friend. What are you doing, Archie? Don't you think that WIFECRIMES are a bit beneath you? You're better than this. You may or may not have an entire evil cult waiting to cleanse the world for you, or whatever your goal is. Leave this man's wife alone. Aren't I the target of your plans? Or am I not? I legitimately have no idea at this point.

I see where our relationship currently stands.

I don't know, man. I am definitely not the one to ask about what is going on around here. I wouldn't doubt if you know more than I do at this point, considering what you have been calling me. Don't worry about it... I guess I may as well head back to the cave now.

Transition noises and wipes

Wow, we made it back and with no trouble at all, and also I'm not scared of this place at least not right now! Forward with no fear!

Aiyeyeyeyeeee! Wow you sure scared me immediately. I'm not suspicious, I'm just a cameraman walking around in your secret cave in the cove. Your boss knows me, but I don't think we're friends any more. If you'll just excuuuuuse me, princess, I need to get through.

Well, they both have a certain flair to them that I can't deny, but those Magma guys are like fashion icons. Have you seen their hoodies? C'est chic, and highly in demand. I don't think just anybody can get them! Trust me, I tried. A lot. Anyways, if you'll just please move out of the way, excuse me, pardon me.

I don't think I'm familiar with that saying. What does it mean in this context?

Yes, actually. I know I'm in a cave in a cove, but after that it all gets pretty fuzzy and I lose track of what is going on. I think I took a left... then a right... then I teleported? It's tough. I'll just keep bashing my head against the walls until one breaks open and I see my path before me! Figuratively, of course. I'm carrying this camera, so I can't even get my head close to the wall and I'm sure not about to risk damaging the equipment.

Hehehello, Matt. Do I know you yet? I don't really remember if we have met or not, so I may as well just introduce myself even though I already somehow know your name.

The timelines are blending together oh no!

My name is Brad. It is short for Bradward. You see, I was actually named after my great great grandpappy, who pretty much exclusively fought in

Nice chest. Is that inappropriate? Well, surely not as much as how rude you were interrupting my friendly introduction, chap. So your name is Matt, eh? I don't know if I knew that or not, so we will move on for now and try to look past this exchange.

You're a pretty jovial fellow, aren't you? Or are you afflicted by a curse that doesn't allow you to sleep? Poor baby. Where's Archie, by the way. I need to speak with him about his WIFECRIMES.

Oh, you can speak! I take it that he was in that dark submarine-shaped silhouette under the water and has now escaped to parts unknown, though more likely somewhere else in the water. My middle name may be Justice, but I never said it was swift. Time to search the entire ocean, I guess! Though looking at my watch... don't have one... the sun.... we're inside... tasting the air I can tell that I am several hours late for a checkpoint in Mossdeep, so I will just search the ocean on the way there, I suppose. Maybe make a new friend along the way.

This is Peter. He brushes his teeth three times a day because he loves his shiny teeth that twinkle just like the stars in space. I love him.

Don't really remember why I named him that. I was thinking about Tengu and stuff, maybe Family Guy Funny Moments, and somehow this happened.

Well, you aren't alone any more, buddy. I'm here with you. At least until I leave very shortly because I have a prior engagement. Don't forget me! When you feel the loneliness creeping up behind you, just think of me, and I will think of you, and we will be together connected by this ocean blue.

What is? Her webbed feet? That probably is pretty great for swimming. Here, let me just slide on over. Hello, beautiful, what's crackalacking as everyone says, quoting the seminal film Madgascar.

Do you like to move it move it?

Start spreading the neeeews. I'm leaving todaaaay! I want to be a part of it

That's very forward of you, but I'm not a Pokemon.

Wow. Everybody in this part of the ocean, huh? Is there some sort of aphrodisiac in this water?

Oh look, an island straight ahead!

Be proud of me I have skipped so many screenshots. It is a great thing that I killed off the montage joke entirely by accident a while back so that I can just skip that part in all of these updates and have it be story-relevant. I'm a narrative genius, what can I say. Uhuhuhu.

Blah blah blah new city new friend here we go.

This is Hyde. He has an indoor garden where he grows a lot of different herbs for cooking, I think. I don't ask too many questions. I love him

It was around this point in typing this up initially in the Placeholder Update that I realized I had forgotten to get a catch in Mossdeep, so I had to run back to my game and do that. And would you look at that? Somehow I have stumbled into having all three Grass starters. I suppose that Meikai will never die.

Time for the old standby of ignoring my duties to explore the rest of the city.

It is okay, my man! Don't give up! Just count to ten, easy, right? You can handle anything for ten seconds, right? One, two, three, four...

No! We will not allow for that sort of talk. This journey was supposed to be about the death of despair, not the other way around! They call it Super Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair for a reason!

And yes, that reason is in fact because I am combining the English and Japanese titles together because I like the way it sounds. You saw how I talked about WILD SPEED, right?

Muda muda muda, yes, brother, let it all out. Just watch where those fists are flying. Punch dance your rage out here on this beach, because it is too dangerous to do so in the forest. You could easily suffer from an extremely long and painful fall if you had. I'll leave you to that. Be strong, my friend.

Just pumping out the weird and maybe obscure references in this update. Never stops, does it?

Ah, another foot guy. Don't worry, Kinkshame Tribe is long gone, so you're safe now. There's a guy in Oldale Town that you may want to talk to.

It's called FIGHT CHILDREN., It's super popular all around the world, though I think it has been losing a bit of steam recently.

Why are you hiding among these trees? I do know Steven, actually. I think we're pretty good friends! If you have no use for that I could take it off your hands.

What? No! It isn't for anything weird, I swear. I'm not like building a shrine to him in my closet or anything. I don't even have a closet right now! I'm stranded on this completely deserted island! Although... technically I have already left that island a few times, and have just made visits to other smaller deserted islands. Semantics.

I don't like to keep secrets, especially from my friends, but if you're afraid of hurting his feelings I promise I won't say anything. I was just thinking about returning it to him and explaining that you felt a bit awkward about it but had no use for it, but I'll just keep it now to spare everyone's feelings.

Into SPACE? I hear the moon's haunted. Is the moon haunted? What do you know?

Was it an L? I'm not fond of receiving L's either, honestly.

...oh. Hello, Scott. My name is Brad, and I did not ask how you were feeling. I was feeling pretty decent until I saw you here, once again tucked away in the corner interacting with nobody but me. What are you doing here? What do you want from me? Is this about the seven heavenly kings again? What is your deal with them, and why do you want them gone?

Don't say that with that downward tilted expression and that smile cracking your face. I'm not here to do anything for you. I'm not here to help you reach your aims, whatever they are. Who are you? Why me? I don't want any of this! I'm just a cameraman!

What is that supposed to mean? My feelings don't concern you? My presence doesn't concern you? Everything that has happened up to this point doesn't concern you? What are you trying to say, Scott? Quit being so cryptic and just...

He's gone. I blinked and he was gone. If he was ever there to begin with...

Whatever, I'm not going to let his ominous presence sour my mood. I'm here to see spaceships! I mean, I'm here to check out the gym. For Nuzvivor. Yep.

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. You know, they say that a dream is a wish your heart makes. When make a wish I actually try to wish upon a genie. Haven't found one yet, though, but I'm not giving up on that classic American Dream of being with a hot genie girlfriend. That was the dream that the colonists sailed across the ocean to follow, you know. If you had three wishes, what would you wish for? Augh, I'm afraid I don't have time to entertain this conversation no matter how much I would love to. Call me sometime and we can continue, maybe? My name is Brad. It's short for Bradward.

Seeking real genie. Must love dogs.

Of course. Beach Boys, because we're on a small island, so it is almost all beach. I get it. Nice joke. Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long.

I also thought about that one Blink-182 song, but that one is," It would be nice", so I just remembered it incorrectly. Ah, young memories.

Pwayah!

That's a good attitude to have. Even if you're apart, you're still together in mind, in spirit, in heart. Look outside, see the moon, the sun, and you know that wherever they are that same celestial body is watching over them as well. Maybe not at the exact same time, depending on how far apart you are, but you get what I mean. Don't be lonely, because they are still with you. Like I am. Except that I'm leaving now. I'll always be in your heart, though, Tarzan! My name is Brad, never forget, B-R-A-D, Brad! Pronounced just like that!

I love long walks on the beach. What did you find? Was it true love? A mermaid washed up on shore with human legs and no voice? A message in a bottle, yeah? Could be anything. It could even be a boat!

Ladies and gentleman, this is successful launch no. 5! One, two, three, four, five, everybody in the rocket so come on let's fly to the liquor room on the moon, the boys say they want some gin and juice, but I really don't wanna. Et cetera.

That is a very bold statement, sir. None of us are flawless, and oftentimes it is our flaws that give us our depth, our character. You judging people that harshly? Now THAT's no good.

Well, that sounds nice in a way. A consistent motivating factor, I suppose? A living dream, like you're... sleeping... and... hold up. What do you know about the dream world? Are we sleeping right now? WAKE ME UP INSIDE!? Sorry, I didn't mean to yell, please don't cry.

I believe you meant to say that it bottles the mind. You know. Bottles. Like things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle?

A little bit of Titan I in my life
A little bit of Electron by my side
A little bit of Rehbar is all I need
A little bit Athena is what I see
A little bit of Saturn in the sun
A little bit of Minuteman all night long
A little bit of Jupiter here I am
A little bit of you makes me your man.

Sorry, you were saying?

Spent way longer than I should have looking up rocket names for that. Stupid.

It's never too late! Even for somebody as old as you. Sorry, experienced. Someone with all your many, many, many, many years of experience. Don't let that get in the way of you trying new things! You may find something you love, or something you had a secret talent for, or just something new in general. It's never too late to make a change.

Wait. Was that STEVEN downstairs? My BUDDY?

This is where we insert running and effort noises. For immersion.

Stephen! I heard you were around here. How are you doing? Proclamation? I don't think so, I've just been doing bad covers of songs, I think. Maybe it is good for my heart? What's up? Also mynameisBrad.

My heart? I mean, there are a lot of thieves out there, and I think you could be one of them ha ha... heh. What?

Y-yeah! That! Ha ha, totally haven't fully explored the town already am just walking away because I'm afraid that I made this a bit awkward despite our boundless chemistry. See you later, Steven!

Well, no point in putting it off any longer. I swear I'm days late at this point, but I may as well do my due diligence.

It's a lot, right? You're psychic, so you can probably tell. I assume that is how it works.

A future so bright we'll have to wear shades. I'll never stop saying that, you can't make me. But yes, I agree that hard work is very important. Earning your way can be so fulfilling, though the road is tough, you must walk bold. Hard. Never surrender, and make your dreams a reality.

Well now, you see, I've been trying to bring about the death of despair lately, so while I get what you're going for I don't think I can endorse that statement. Have a nice day.

Bradward and the perfectly awful, terrible, horrible, no good, very bad time? Doesn't sound too thrilling to me, but I'm willing to try most things once! I'm in a bit of a rush now, but give me a call sometime, yeah? You can call me Brad.

Oh yeah? Watch this, I can cross my eyes, see? Wait, no, the camera is in the way... alright, uh, I can juggle... nope, still have to hold the camera. Um... I can do one of those Slavic squat dances? I learned how to do it while spending a summer in Russia in order to track down and study the still living soul of Rasputin. It was quite the summer, let me tell you, SO many things happened. I don't really have time to go over it all right now, but, well... let me just say that there is a submarine at the far end, if you know what I mean, ha ha ha!

Santa? The fallen angel? No time for your temptations, sorry, I have to be going.

What are you trying to say? Do you know of some horrible thing that is going to befall me? You're not the first person to say something like that to me the last few days or weeks or month or whatever the time frame is, so it is a little concerning. It's okay if you were just trying to sound spooky, I get it. I'm sorry, I've just been dealing with a lot. I don't mean to take it out on you. I'll just keep moving on, alright?

That is a good strong point! It is tough to keep a positive mindset sometimes, for sure, but that's why I look in whatever reflective surface I can find each day, often the camera lens, and recite positive affirmations to try and keep ahead of the negative influences. I am loved. I have purpose. I have value. I am important. And so are you, so don't ever lose that smile. I love you, and I'm proud of you. Have a beautiful day.

Caveman disease? It's been going around, but don't worry about it, I think at this point it seems like it passes pretty quickly. I haven't seen anyone suffer any sort of serious damage from it, so just persevere and I'm sure you'll be fine!

Yeah.... yeah, that's right, buddy. Whoooooooooh.

Well hey now, this is the end of the line, I take it? Hello, twins. Pleasure to meet you. My name is Brad. It's short for Bradward. I... no... I thought there was a chance considering I saw Scott outside, but I have seen him around before and not run into.... that pressure. That feeling. The fire burning within you, I can feel its heat. You are one, or two perhaps, of the seven heavenly kings, aren't you?

A bit, but nothing really fazes me too much these days. What are you after? What is it that you want, and why does Scott want you gone? Or does he?

Eh? Don't need to talk because...?

I see. Right into it, then?? I suppose I have no choice. This is my burden, whether I understand it or not. Wroooooar!

You know what time it is now, right? It is absolutely time for another dumb strategy that happens to work out way better than it should! Here is my team.

My entire thought process was to attempt to lead with Jewel, because I haven't used her much and she is a great dancer, so I wanted to give that a shot, and put Pocky next to her because Pocky is pretty sturdy and resists Psychic, so if I have them both out there and am setting up I don't have to split my focus as much between the two Pokemon to keep them healed. I gave them both Leftovers to help with that as well. I then filled out the rest of the team with supereffective Pokemon and heavy hitters of both types, as well as some speedy or stally friends, just in case things went horribly wrong. Now here is where my dumb luck comes into play.

Turns out that they led with Claydol and Xatu, and they were sort of just there to set up? Xatu used a bunch of reflective walls and screens and I believe Confuse Ray? I still have my Yellow Flute lying around, so that wasn't too much of a problem. And then there was Claydol choosing to buff himself up as well, which will come up later. In between setting up, the Xatu primarily used Psychic on Pocky, which didn't hurt much, and the Claydol just spammed Earthquake, so I don't even know what it had aside from that and Cosmic Power. Funnily enough, Earthquake doesn't hit Jewel, and didn't hurt Pocky much, so I was able to set up six Dragon Dances and a few Amnesia and Withdraws on Pocky with very minimal healing. Then, both Claydol and myself fully set up, the dance off began. Jewel started knocking down fools like the Xatu while Pocky began to Surf again and again to whittle down the Claydol.

Oh, hey, an Exeggutor. Totally not weak to Flying types at all, not that it mattered much. Served.

Oh hey, the next thing that I missed the screenshot of? I think it was the Medicham. Also weak to Flying, silly silly, don't they expect bird attacks? Served. This was also when Surf hit with a Critical knocking Claydol down enough to cause them to use a Hyper Potion. That may have been the last round, though. Regardless, it happened.

Slowbro? Slow, clumsy, poor footwork. Served. I think the Claydol actually attacked Jewel with Psychic or something? Don't remember exactly where that hit came from.

Alakazam? Fast, powerful, good rhythm. Not enough, though. Served. I believe they healed up Claydol again after this, because what else are they going to do?

Didn't matter TOO much, thanks to another spicy critical hit breaking through its defenses.

Honestly, it being so bulky really helped me out here, because due to only having the one strong attacker out there I could only reliably take down one of their Pokemon each turn, so them not being able to switch in two Unown, sorry, unknowns made it so much easier to deal with. Served.

Shouldn't have stepped to me. Don't they know I have silly strategies and dumb luck on my side?

Pretty easy peasy, all things considered. LEMON SQUEEZY. Now if only I could do this well against real people. Hello, upcoming battle challenge!

And? These fights have not always worked out the same way. What is you path from here on out? Hold on. I see... your hands, they each have two stars on them... or, did, I see them fading away. Easy, easy. Lean on each other when you're not strong. It will be alright. I understand. I mean, I don't, not really, but I am getting a bit of an understanding as time goes on. You're just two kids, now, right?

Ha ha... yeah... I can see that. Just to be sure... no recollection at all? Nothing I can go off of?

Yeah, that's fine. You're tired, so I'll just leave you to rest, then. I'm glad I could help? If I did? I'm still not sure about all of this.

Hm? Why are you trying to shove a full bottle of lavender oil into my pocket? I hope that is sturdy glass, because I have a shitload of rocks in my pocks and while it would probably smell lovely, it may be a bit overwhelming and also very damp if it were to break. They're just starting to dry from all the water that was poured into them a while back. Thank you, though. You're kindness is very appreciated.

Take care.

Remember, my name is Brad.

It's short for Bradward.

And I'm proud of you...

And still so lost about all of this.

SCOTT?!

It really was. But now it is all a very very long update that took me all day to type because I kept getting distracted. My own fault, really. The story continues to continue despite having little narrative throughline, and I continue to pump it out despite having little time. I hope it is still enjoyable despite all of that, and all the chaos surrounding it.

All I know for sure is that I caught a Lileep, a Seedot, and a Sceptile. Definitely need more Grass types. Grass Gang Grass Gang, filling up my boxes.

Also defeated Maxie and Tate & Liza, though who's counting, really?

Brad also does a lot, isn't getting along very well with the TEAMS, doesn't get a hoodie despite having a coupon, is tracking down lead WIFECRIMES perpetrator through the entire ocean, may be getting closer to solving the mystery of the seven heavenly kings (but probably not really) which really just started as a throwaway line in the Post-Credits Scene of an early update then got out of control like most things do here.

Thank you for being here.

Thank you for everything.

Episode 1: A Prelude to Total Victory
Episode 2: The Chasing of a Dream
Episode 3: Tomorrow May Come
Episode 4: A Sea of Stars
Episode 5: A Retort and a Half
Episode 6: Beyond the Need for Kings
Episode 7: Flash in the Pan
Episode 8: Godspeed
Episode 9: Do You Remember That Day, One Year Ago?
Episode 10: Fade into the Ether
Episode 11: The Flames of Rebellion
Episode 12: Screams of the Damned
Episode 13: Together We Could Fly
Episode 14: Pieces of You
Episode 15: A Fractured Heart
Episode 16: The Verge of Collapse

Last edited:

MarkedInStone

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This POKéMON is struggling to figure out what interesting stuff he can put into his Pokédex entry.
Lord of the Twins: The Fellowship of the Dusclops and the Walrein

Because a case of you is what a shell is, no?

I'm sure if you know more than one or two Joni Mitchell songs, you're well aware of this one- one of her most well-known songs off her album Blue. It's very much representative of her generally personal songwriting- and even seems to add in a reference to Shakespeare's Julius Caesar (which I noticed in my junior year, when we read the play in English class. It's the "constant as the northern star", if you're wondering.)

It's from a song called "Cold Blue Steel and Sweet Fire". The only fire-related name I think I have left.

(also I caught a spheal here! It's named Roses Blue and the screenshotting just didn't work. thought I had em but I didn't.)

Here's another new friend! Moo traded me his Machamp for Backstreet the Houndoom.

I am currently listening to Megalovania's Smash remix.

Because I can.

Maxie was easy as hell.
Tate and Liza were a no-item run's nightmare.
I'm really starting to love a good damage sponge.

wonderful.

also pretty damn neat

you can kill it, sure, but you'll be dead too by the time the hp bar rolls to 0

stalwart buddy!

here's her actual debut! note that she's basically chelsea but better. same ability. same moves almost too

at least i have a backup!

Shup

what a memory
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The Jigsaw Puzzle challenge is now finished. Congrats to Quvar for winning individual immunity! He also wins the Choice Band reward. The twelfth Tribal Council of the season just rapped up, and here are the results.
Sandwich.
Here's your next checkpoint.

CHECKPOINT #16 - Seafloor Cavern
Goal: Defeat Maxie/Tabitha in the Space Museum, and Archie in the Seafloor Cavern.
Level Cap: 52
Catches: Route 125, Shoal Cave, Underwater, Route 127, Route 128, Seafloor Cavern
Checkpoint Deadline: Sunday, July 5th at 12:00 PM EST (~48 hours from now)
Check-In Limit: 9
Required Teamshots: Maxie/Tabitha, Archie
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHALLENGE #16 - Galar Battle
Immunity

Description:
Taking another page from Gen 8, for this challenge we'll battling in the Galar region! Or, more specifically, Showdown's Gen 8 Custom Game format. Simply put, you will all be battling each other with your in-game teams, but with Gen 8 mechanics. Fairy types! Physical/special split! BIG Pokemon! This challenge will have two stages, the initial bracket, and then a round robin. The first bracket will be P1 vs. P2, P3 vs. P4, and P5 vs. P6. The three players who win their first match will advance to the round robin. The player who wins the most matches within the round robin wins the challenge.

SOME NOTES FOR THIS CHALLENGE
  • You must still keep all of your teams' movesets, stats, natures, abilities, etc., the same as they are in-game, even if they've changed in Gen 8. So you may have some Pokemon with different BSTs, or moves that have had changes in BP or accuracy, but you should not have any new Pokemon or moves that came out after Gen 3.
  • Make sure you input accurate EVs/IVs for all of your Pokemon, especially those that received changes after Gen 3.
  • You should also not have any held items from past Gen 3.
  • I imagine people will ask about this, so to be clear, Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing are allowed.
  • Moves that were cut in Gen 8 are allowed, with the exception of Hidden Power. Since the formula for type/BP is different than in Gen 3, it's not possible to make them accurate. Unless anything of importance is brought to my attention, the rest of the cut moves are fair game.
Format: Gen 8 National Dex, 6v6 Singles, with Sleep Clause and Evasion Clause

Deadline: None as of yet, will be enforced if necessary.

Good luck!

Last edited:

greenchu

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020

This grunt must be where Eric Andre got the inspiration for this bit:

Sounds like this guy has been drinking rocket fuel too.

I don't even know where to begin man. It's literally everything.

You can say no and they just let you leave. But like, there are 4 grunts downstairs and you probably fought and beat them all in one sitting, so like why would you say no to fighting 3 grunts in a row? Especially when they all have the same awful Pokemon? The worst part about this is they each have 1 Pokemon, so like why not just make it 1 grunt with 3 mons? This is just GF being dumb.

No.

The entire load you say?

We're Team Magma, and we love the land and want to expand it! Therefore, we will destroy land!

Flawless plan. 10/10

Steven was thrown back by the force of Maxie's entire load.

Bring it on, losers!

This fight was pretty easy once the enemy leads were down and I could safely bring in Wailord. Before that was kinda scary tbh.

Wow it's the hidden immunity idol! You know I've always wanted one of those!

You disappoint me.

I misclicked and killed my Route 125 encounter oops. Not like I was gonna use this thing anyway.

Shoal Cave catch. Rejected names include Hest, Mulva, Gipple, and Bovary.

I was so excited when I fished this up, then slightly frustrated and scared after it broke out of 15 Ultra Balls, then back to excited again when it finally stayed in the damn ball.

I already have Cradilf so you're kind of irrelevant.

Why are there Kecleons underwater?

Why are there a bunch of bugs in the Seafloor Cavern?

Oh my god. You're telling me that this entire time that Kyogre, god of the sea, is actually just a Luvdisc?

This was the one close call in the fight. I probably should've tried to outspeed and OHKO with WahWah instead.

Archie aftermath.

Wow I can now evolve my level 11 Clamperl that I fished up back when Jishin still existed. What a total game-changer.

For my checkin, I am submitting 15 missiles and these 9 Pokemon as well. Good luck counterteaming my nuclear arsenal.

Zealous Zweilouss

Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 23, 2020
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon

Believe me, I'm not.

Triple Kick is still useful and reliable.

And Weezing didn't self-destruct. Maybe the Skarmory is sturdy and that lowered the odds? Enemy AI is great.

2v1 Cleanup.

Dude you don't know the half of it. Tribal Councils with successful idol plays are tense.

And advantage hunting just got even more intense!
One good catch and one that is just too little too late.

It really is a good question if you really think about the physics and whatnot.

And yeah against Archie I decided to go item hunting with butterfree again. I managed to proc the all stats buff with silver wind twice. Sharpedo did manage to wake up and do pathetic damage against butterfree. Ludicolo had to clean up at the end though due to running out of PP on silver wind. Thank you Moo.

:) Do you guys like my HM slave?

A lot of things are happening as we approach the final stretch everyone. Good luck in the battles.

(I'll counterteam Kesha's missiles with computer hacking)

GoodMorningCrono

The Real Sports Adamin
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
selling this post DM me for details

buddy, if only I knew

Oh, you meant that? Yeah no you all suck.

I kill them and then they are dead

Elon Musk implores us to save SpaceX

I wasn't really paying attention so I didn't realize that this was actually supposed to be a tough fight that was worth recording. Weezing crit sludge bomb the Absol and then Miltank kinda just beat the rest on its own while Steven's pokemon did most of the dying.

This comes back to fuck me later

Strangely, the dialogue of these NPCs does not change after finishing the event

Dragonair cannot learn dive but Dragonite can. UGH

Route 125 catch:

ok

Shoal Cave catch:

This is like objectively good but still not one of the water types I want

Underwater catch after encountering like 14 consecutive Kecleon:

ok

Route 127 catch:

Okay I guess I finally have a pokemon that can use spikes, technically

Route 128 catch:

what the christ

finally a water type to surpass Feraligatr

I go into seafloor cavern and repel up to try to get like halfway through before encountering something in the hopes of getting a good catch

But I have forgotten that I need my strength slave. This is entirely my fault for being dumb

However, I put Scizor back thinking I won't need it for Archie since all of his pokemon will have water STABs probably. This comes back to fuck me later.

Seafloor Cavern catch:

If I had time to train this for the upcoming challenge, this might be good, but I fucking don't

failing to screencap Earthquake

Yeah whatever you say man

Suddenly I realize that Archie has a Real Team and that I should record this, and that bringing 4 underleveled pokemon to this fight may have been a mistake

shoutouts to any SMT IV fans in the house

tl;dr it was a mistake

after helping me catch like 75% of the pokemon in this run, Exeggutor goes down due to bad preparation and decision making. real shame

The world weeps