• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke Survivor: Hoenn - Official Thread

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life, freely.

- Liam Neeson

on this episode rickypants turns into a ghost. almost literally, because doublekick hurt a whole lot

what the fuck she switched on my dig turn that's not supposed to happen

rest of it was fine, except for ice beam milotic. crit would've one shot vileplume

what are you implying

seriously why does scott exist, all he did here was say "MAY IS FUCKING CRYING BECAUSE YOU BEAT HER ASS SO HARD"

this didn't really go as well as i'd hoped

i sorta love fortree city, i think the design's real neat. also i traded my lombre for zealous' scizor while i was here

i have defeated the news

insert peeko here

this would be a lot better if it had stab that wasn't dig. give it 6 levels, i guess

got my catch on 120, while i was at it. this will be a fly slave, because i already have dodrio

I am Dawn and Dusk, or something

- Liam Neeson again

OH GOD OH FUCK I GOTTA PREPARE FOR THE KECLEON

i hit A once

now i can actually fight the gym!

this was not necessary knowledge

DANSEZ

this screenshot is right before i started hitting A to win because i had +6 attack

BANG BANG

what the fuck this lived

it toxic'd me. unfortunately, i don't think the guts boost at +6 is necessary

fuck this thing, it flinched/confused me like 7 turns in a row

it was needlessly difficult to deal with these

so being very smart, i decided to thief the dragon dancer. this coulda swept me if i wasn't lucky with body slam paralysis

really was a waste of time, because the altaria hit furret and forced the sitrus berry, which i thiefed, to get burned

shoulda just used the bear the whole time. alakawow!

very large marf

very strong
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
existential dreadlocks

the weather station

this fight was for babies

proof

time to go catch a bird

what i do to fictional children (satire statement alert)

how i'm feeling after the last vote

time to do the easy gym

i literally only took damage from spikes

easiest fight yet

also sent crono his claydol and got his carvanha

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be

There are hot singles in your area

Click here to meet them

Wait a minute the last time we found the rival was back on Cycling Road. That was an eternity ago holy shit.

It is raining

Same old team but with a zappy doggo

I've never actually seen Panty and Stocking but this song has been subconsciously etched into my memory so that I always think about it whenever the word Fly is mentioned

Didn't even get the damageless sweep smh

Flying route catch. Nickname will be revealed next checkpoint for dumb narrative reasons even though there is no truly cohesive narrative in Nuzvivor except for the Chronicles of Brad Bread. Oh wait Marco has some consistency with Brenden's inclusion into the story I think...

tyler; the rhydon

Bird lady time.

What the fuck these are not birds.

This is a bird.

This bird was not kind enough to get one shot by Spark. We blame the Jolly nature that I probably won't nature mint away since I'm probably just gonna wait and see if a better electric type exists.

Confused bird.

The most bird out of all the birds. Winona gets a 3/6 on the bird scale.

Pretty easy but then again we have good enough mons for this point in the game.

SnakeWrangler

Sorceress's Knight
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
you're welcome for booting ty off the page

the only reason I was looking for you was for the teamshot

thanks it comes with being a villain

BEGONE SCOTT

hrrrrrgh

HREEEEEGH

wait what's that other shadow -

oh it's the kecleon

that makes sense actually that's pretty clever

anyway I almost forgot to get a catch before getting the encounter

give me that

shoutout to my man shup for sponsoring me here

anyway

I thought she led with skarmory

this continues to be a worthwhile investment

woohoo

oohoow

training goes here but I don't have any more screenshots after this

Sandwichface

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 19, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
the biggest dude in history
bird up

go away

i mean it

Y E S
NOW NOTHING STANDS IN MY WAY
TO FOR-

shut the up scott

ez battle

look guys
it's fortnite city

john cena is blocking the gym

catch time once again

whaddya mean a bird

two-headed bird kaiju from ultraseven

a minor event in 3 images

his time was over

ZIP IT SILLY BITCHES
BIRD TIME

extinction of the passenger pigeon (1870-1890, colorized)

YOU'RE FIGHTING BIRD UP
THE WORST GYM LEADER IN HOENN

i was hoping for more birds
i killed her swellow so hard i didn't even take a screencap of it

bird down

'twas quite the fight

finally...
-goodbye manectric, hello raichu
-houndoom, jynx, & dragonair (previous catches, obviously) join the team because i might as well start checking in 9 pokemon

Quvar

Lesser Urban Legend
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Good morning, all, except this time it is still evening just like almost every other time. We surely must dread the day that the first post of a new page falls on my head for the torrent of words that will flood the Updates Channel will become dry and lifeless, draining any sense of joy that could be received directly through the eyeballs of those who dare gaze upon it. That being said we are here once again like always every couple of days how can I keep this up I am so tired. Look forward to another mishmash of letters and words with very little meaning composed by the sleep-addled mind of a raving lunatic passing off his passing thoughts as something worth being viewed by the world at large, or at small perhaps, because this is a niche competition on a niche Pokemon forum in our own special nook and/or cranny of the internet. plz enjoy

Hello again, editor! I assume you at least will be watching this footage, even if much of it ends up cut from the final broadcast. I know I've questioned it before, but after further thought there will almost definitely be some of my footage that doesn't get used, even if they aren't trying to pull one over on me for a big rude prank. I'm filming practically constantly, aside from the short periods of time in which I have to remove the tapes or transfer the data, whichever method this camera uses I totally know because my name is Brad and I am a cameraman. It's short for Bradward. Brad is, not cameraman.

I'm still refusing to do any sort of research or followup on any of this because accuracy and continuity are not welcome in this home. Begone thoughts.

Hm? Anyways, I've come to terms with it. I am filming so much that it would actually be impossible to use all of it for broadcast, unless they make a special Bradward Cut for the DVD specials when that comes out that includes every last bit of footage that I captured. There may be less interesting footage of the other Tribe Members that I'm able to capture, though, because it seems like the stress of the games is starting to get to some of them and they aren't quite as receptive to my constant filming. As out numbers dwindle, it seems so too does the spirit? The camaraderie, the friendships we have forged? Are they all truly worth nothing, existing simply to be tossed aside for personal gain. The other participants, all of whom I had thought to call friends, are dropping one after the other. Eliminated by their fellow Tribemates. I have to watch them leave and it is tearing me apart. On one hand, there is a part of me that wants to join them. To escape from the lurking darkness that seems to be following my every step, the lingering feeling that there is something here that isn't quite right. But on the other hand, I vied for this position. I lobbied to be allowed to even participate in the games, and have been working my butt off to film the events with every ounce of skill that I have acquired through months or a year or whatever of training while also competing in the challenges forced upon us and racing across this huge deserted island. I haven't truly slept in what feels like months, but I sure have gotten some prime footage, and I hope that the show-runners will be pleased enough with that and ideally don't feel like it is necessary to sacrifice me to their god or whathaveyou.

Anyways, we have another challenge ahead of us, so I have to get moving because boy oh boy am I on a time crunch again.

Just hop skip and dance into the rain, gotta carry this tarp I stole from that child earlier to keep my camera dry. I don't know if it is waterproof or not, and nobody is going to tell me, so I'm not going to risk it. Gotta go fast, just like my hero from childhood Metal Sonic!

It really sounds like the raindrops are landing more and more heavily behind me. No longer the gentle pitter pattering, it almost sounds like... running? Is there someone there?

WAUGH! WHOA! Whoa.... okay. Hello, May. Please don't scream like that when I can't see you, you really startled me. Sorry, what's up? Where have I been? All over the world, it feels like. From London to the Bay. I don't know, May. When was the last time we spoke? It simultaneously feels like eons have passed, and like it was only a few days ago. There has been a lot going on. Why didn't you just call me? Also my name is Brad, but maybe I don't need to tell you that, for one reason or another.... Are.... are you really a member of the cult? Do you actually want to be my friend, or is this all some sort of act?

Why do you ignore my questions so often? Why are you only interested in how "strong" I am? Is this for the purposes of using me as a vessel? What do you people want from me? Why won't anyone talk to me!? WHY AM I ALONE IN THIS?!!

Okay fine.

Uh oh, SpaghettiOs, time for a rival battle again. I had a brilliant strategy in mind for this one. Let me lay it all out for you: I had a party of Pokemon that I still needed to level to previous level caps, let alone this one, because I've been STRAPPED FOR TIME.

Here they are, true heroes.

I just chose to mash out some Amnesia and Withdraw while I healed incoming damage, because I don't know, I don't want to get hit and I don't remember what is even going to be on her team. I didn't strategize at all. I can not tell a lie. Anyways, I hit it with some sort of attack and it got ended.

Same for this one, too.

Don't remember what I was thinking here. Honestly I did all of this gameplay on and off while I was at my dad's land up north, so I wasn't filled with too many cohesive thoughts and I may have even forgotten that Pocky was defensively stacked at the time. Maybe I had put my phone down or something? Anyways I'm pretty sure I also forgot that Peanut would be weak to Lightning moves. Maybe I was worried about being outsped with Pocky and at least figured Peanut could be faster? I don't know, I don't think, don't ask questions.

Yeah, Pocky probably would have been good for Blaziken, too. Really, what was going on? Maybe I was talking with my Grandma?

Ah, right, that makes sense. Bring Pocky back in for Milotic. I mean, sure, Peanut probably wasn't the best option there, but even so? This is a real wild rival battle. Absolute roller coaster.

Oh hey, I won.

Huh. I guess I sent Rosemary in at some point. Maybe Milotic? Probably. Who has a memory, anyways?

Speaking of not having memories, get back out there into the... story? It definitely makes sense and isn't entirely inconsistent, incoherent, rambling babble!

Achoo! Sorry, but at least I sneezed into my elbow. Yeah, sure, I have some potential and totally didn't just flump my way through that battle. I don't feel particularly strong, though. Especially lately. I've been being weighed down by so much... weakness... and also this huge camera it weighs a ton. I don't know what specifically it is or what their goals actually are, but I'm fairly certain at this point that some sort of organization exists that is trying to use me in some manner to meet their own ends. I know I have asked you about it time and time again, because you seem to be deliberately calling me BREAD, and also avoiding my questions. Everyone is. I just wish I knew what was going on, and you're clearly not interested in helping me, not really. You put on a rich facade of somebody eager to be friends and march through hardship together? To what end? To further try and break me down? To get in my head? What is your goal here? Is there no shred of humanity in you that sees what is happening and questions whether it even SHOULD be?

That is... so ominous given what I just said to you, and I don't know if you meant it that way or if you are legitimately just not understanding what is going on. Hell, I don't know what is going on so who am I to judge?

same tbh

Thanks a lot... friend. Why are you trying to shove a still sealed copy of the Space Jam soundtrack into my pocket? Be careful with that, I'm sure it is a collector's item at this point and I have a bunch of rocks and water and stuff in there that could really damage it.

I bet she would be, too, if she were watching all of this. Unless you're referring to my fake mom? I don't even know any more.

I'm worried about me, too.

I don't know if I want to. Good bye, May...

You again? I still think it is very odd that only I seem to see you, or at least nobody I have seen ever talks with you aside from me. Are you the physical manifestation of my conscious? Are you the specter of death that is following me waiting for the moment that I fall? What is your end goal, and what do you want with me? Also my name is Brad.

Are you narrating right now? I must admit I am really not happy with everything that is happening, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could read that on my face. Or you just know because you are intrinsically linked to me some how some way? I don't really know if anger is the primary emotion that I'm feeling, but I'm sure there is some wrath there. Frankly, Scottly, I suggest you step off for now. I'm not really in the mood for you.

And just like that, gone in the blink of an eye once more. I am so out of my depth with everything that is happening. I'm just a cameraman.

What do you mean? What do you know? Why say something like that now of all times, just when I am beginning to accept that there is obviously SOMETHING unusual happening to and around me? Who ARE you? My name is Brad, by the way. It is short for Bradward. I was named after my great great grandpappy, you see. My family greatly respects and admires the heroic acts that he performed while

Wait, where did that kid go? Was I seeing things? Was... am I... just shake it off. Deep breaths, and just keep swimming. Wow it is really coming down.

And it stopped just as quickly as it started. Doesn't even look that wet behind me?

Totally not suffering from massive hallucinations. Everything is fine. Reality isn't broken, and neither am I, no sir.

Maybe I'll just go take a look around this city, see what's up. Definitely going to be some fun things in here that will give me a bit of a respite, yeah? Look at all of those tree houses, that is amazing! It sort of reminds me of that year that I spent living in the jungle. Anyways, what is going on around here?

Eh? Sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop on you, but now that we're sitting on these cushions and facing each other like it's Sixteen Candles I may as well introduce myself. Hello, my name is Brad! It is short for Bradward, actually. Did I hear you say Devon? Do you know him, too? He is actually one of my best friends! I haven't spoken with him in some time, but I imagine he is just busy being the Pre.... pre.... preeeeedator in the upcoming film, Predator 3: But It's Pronounced Like "Tree" Because the Predators are Using the Jungle to Hide. Sorry, I should go, I have an appointment?

The CITY, you say? Anything shady going on here? It reminds me a lot of the CORPORATION and the INSTITUTE, you know, what with the strange emphasis and importance placed on the word. Nah, just a totally wholesome settlement made of trees? Sure, I'll believe you. I don't really have the mental or emotional capacity to question this innocuous conversation too much. Have a great day!

Sorry, what's that? Fountain of youth, stealing the life energy from young people by bathing in their blood? Why are you running away? I'm just asking questions! I'm a wreck.

Wait, go back a bit. So you are just a testing ground for a new series of scientific experiments in which you take people's consciousness, their memories as it were, and you somehow turn them into recognizable data and download them to a computer, and from there you transfer the consciousness into a new body, whether manufactured or another living organism, and the copy of the original consciousness takes over from the moment that their memory was downloaded as if they hadn't skipped a beat? And if it is being transferred into another living organism, so far it seems like the two consciousnesses can't coexist and fight for control of the body, often leaving them in a catatonic or incomprehensible state, but it is a work in progress and everybody here signed up for it so it is okay and totally ethical and also definitely not a shameless rip off of so many works of science fiction?

That is a lot to take in, ma'am, and it really activates an existential nightmare that I don't want to consider at this moment. Please allow me to try and forget about this.

Guohmoo?

Heh heh... doggy.

Sorry, I was talking with your dog. I can understand your pain, though. When you're screaming from the bottom of your heart, your soul, shouting into an empty void and hoping that you hear something, anything in return that isn't just an echo? You're putting yourself out there, giving ALL of yourself to anybody that could be around if anybody is around but you have little proof that it will have any impact or any lasting effects or if there even really is anybody listening aside from yourself and even you don't really want to hear it any more because you have to listen to it every moment of every waking minute of every day? Even on the good days when you are able to hear the faint whispers of someone, anyone, responding to your cries you know that it is fleeting and you question whether it even has any meaning. Do they hear? Do they care? Is it all up in the air? But despite your doubts, despite your fears, despite the weight constantly pressing down on your chest you keep pushing, keep screaming into the void because you hope against all hope that it matters to someone. To anyone. And you can feel it, against your worse judgment, you can feel that little tickle that lets you know that there is surely something, even some tiny infinitesimal spark that gives it purpose, that makes it worthwhile, and so you feed it, continuing to feed it your everything in the hopes that one day you can fight back against yourself and the world around you to stoke it into a roaring inferno that CAN'T BE IGNORED.

Chin up, little buddy. There is always someone who cares. Even when, especially when, it seems like you are most alone. Don't give in to the deafening silence of the void. Be loud. Be heard. Be undeniably you. I've got some business to take care of, but don't you forget that, yeah? Don't you forget that you are important.

This is the point where I'm really going to pick up the pace I was already keeping of skipping a ton of screenshots because this is all taking much too long and I don't want to bore you and don't want to burn myself out trying to figure out why I took screenshots or what I can do with them now. I don't usually have a plan, I'm pretty sure I've made that readily apparent by now. Enter chaos.

I don't like the televisions on this island. I'm not falling for this again. I thought for a moment that I should face my fear, but there is too much going on and I am just not ready to deal with this. I can already hear a voice beginning to whisper amidst the static and I am not down for this! Bye!

Which thing, I'm covered in things and my pockets are full of many a thing. Wait, the camera? Oh! Yeah, I'm a cameraman for this reality TV show that I am ALSO participating in! Pretty wild, huh? I've been able to document almost the entirety of the last several weeks/days that I have been stuck on this deserted island and forced to eat garbage to survive while a mysterious gang of ne'er-do-wells may that may or may not exist or be made up of ghosts or possessed hosts or eldritch horrors or really who knows what may or may not be plotting to use me somehow to bring about the end or complete takeover of the world or universe or something. It is all really unclear, and honestly it is starting to Tags: Mind break me. Anyways, the TV show is called Nuzlocke Survivor: Hoenn and it airs every Wednesday night at 8:00 p.m. ET on CBS.

What?

Why are you looking through me with those stark emotionless eyes OH GODDAMNIT EVEN THIS RANDOM NPC?!

Possessions, if they are real they are happening everywhere. Unless this is a side effect of the experiments that are happening around here that I'm trying to forget about? Maybe it's a failure? If I don't want to be a failure, too, I should really get moving.

I smell like a lot of things, buddy. Even the heavy downpour from earlier that was maybe real probably isn't enough to wash off the stink of desperation and existential nightmare from me. Nor could it completely wash off the stink of the weeks I've spent stranded on this deserted island with little to no amenities, which is probably more likely what you are smelling from me if it isn't referring to the stench of hellfire and brimstone, because sure why not, I don't know what is happening around here.

By the way, my name is Brad.

It is short for Bradward. Also yes. OH! Yeah, that makes a lot more sense for the smell, I guess. Sorry, totally spaced on that.

Pwayah!

I agree. If people all over the world could just join hands and start a Love Train, a Love Train then we could all be closer as a people, and take one more step toward understanding and reconciliation. It won't be quite that easy, quite that simple, but we can all do our parts day by day to just embrace a little bit of empathy and try to make the world a better place. Heck, it all starts with you, really! Not you specifically, young lady, but the individual. If yu want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change.

This is fine? This is fine.

Bofooo!

Man, all of this... THIS is really wearing me down. Maybe a new friend could help ease some of my woes?

This is Theresa. She is a quick thinker, but she ends up thinking almost too quickly, almost twice as quick as should be necessary, and consistently second guesses herself despite everyone around her telling her that she is doing a great job. I love her.

She's going to have three heads... Dodrio... Trio... Tree... Tuh-ree... Tuh... Tuuuuh.... Theresa! Yeah, brilliant, top marks. Great work, me.

Tell me about yourself? Why do you carry the parasol? Lot of loya

Right, sorry, didn't mean anything by it. Sometimes it just slips out, you know? It was nice meeting you, Clarissa, you have a beautiful parasol and are definitely not the bane of my existence in any way.

Oh. It's you two again. Great. How's your camera, buddy? I hope it is permanently out of focus.

There, again, again you challenge me and get dropped now what do you want.

I really don't want to. You are so inconsiderate. Stop.

Stop giving me those puppy dog eyes! Fine, I'll talk with you but this is the last chance I'm giving you. If you are messing with me or playing me for a fool, this will be the FINAL time I even speak with you, okay? Hello, my name is Brad, and I am a participant in this currently filming season of Nuzvivor. What do you want to know?

What? You didn't even ask any questions AGAIN. What is your game here? Did I lose? The game? Is that even a real camera?

I really hope I never see either of you again.

Hello, Stephen. My name is Brad. It hasn't really been that long, has it? I feel like we just spoke when you showed up out of nowhere and said nothing to me just past the INSTITUTE.

What... what do you mean? Are you talking about the intangible nature of our friendship, or perhaps the blossoming love between us? Or are you referring to something more sinister? Ghosts? Demons? Do I not have enough eyes on the inside to see the abominations that are traipsing along beside us? Are you trying to reveal the unknowable truth to me now, to save or damn my mortal soul? Are you working with them? Against them?

That is horrifying. Please don't say things like that with that low tone of voice, your eyes downcast so as to be shrouded in shadow. I don't like where this is going, Steven.

AUGH! ABERRATION, ANOMALY, HORROR OF THE UNSEEN and it's gone.

This what now? Oh! Is this a gift from Devon to apologize for not talking with me recently? How kind of him. He really represents the best of us, you know?

Please, don't. You know that my name is

Thank you... I don't know if their is some sort of ominous undercurrent to that, but I don't even care any more. I appreciate the kindness... it... it's been so hard... I keep trying to put on a brave face, keep pushing on through everything that has been tossed in front of me, but I am nothing more than a weak little man. My shoulders are broad enough to support the weight of this large camera, but not the weight of the world. Thank you for your support. I don't even understand the burden placed on me, or if there is anything to even try to understand. Am I to fight the seven heavenly kings of the dark covenant? Are they even real? Who is who, what is what, and where us all of this taking me?

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to take up so much of your time. You're a busy man, doing... whatever it is that you do. Thanks for opening up my eyes to the some of the true horrors of the world, delivering this gift from my good buddy, and for listening to me and commending my efforts. It is a small boon, but it is something, and I appreciate it.

Why is this update so long and uneventful? Who do I think I am to waste your precious time like this? Who do I think I am to think that you would waste your time with this?

The unseeable, unspeakable evils shall cower before me, or I'm not Brad. Short for

Bradward. Oh. Yeah, sure. Thanks.

Whew... I feel like I've been awake for a month straight and I'm just about to collapse. No time to doubt. Always forward.

Thanks, dude. I will once again Just Go For It.

Hm? This Winona person is lovely, you say, and you are so insecure that you don't want me to witness her, despite having no real relationship to speak of with her? You're putting her up on a pedestal, and trust me, you're only serving to alienate her and distance yourself from her even more. I've dealt with this a few times, and she is surely not more than just a regular human being who WISHES that all of you chuckleheads would realize that and treat her normally. You don't want me to witness her? Well, keep your eyes open, because you're all about to WITNESS ME.

And they all fall down.

Oh! Matilda, how you have grown! I love your pants... legs? Uh... you've gotten very strong!

Please do not swoon over me. I'm just here to do my duty. Which apparently seems to be that I may have to crush you all and set Winona free from this suffocating social captivity.

Hello, Winona. My name is Brad. It is short for Bradward, and from what I hear, you may be in need of a friend? I happen to be on a quest to make 100 friends, and I've met people very similar to you that are also struggling with connecti--

Why are you looking at me like that? There is so much fire in your eyes. I can sense a burning contempt emanating from within you. And... a familiar sparkle... no. You... are you one of the seven heavenly kings?!

Alright, plans change and I must change with them. Put up your dukes, let's get down to it. I'm not letting you and your cohorts run roughshod on this world, nor am I letting you USE me for whatever you want! I am a person. I am me, and I deserve my spot in this life just as much as anyone, and you aren't going to take that away from me, or my middle name isn't Justice!

Boy this sure is a long one, and it is just crumbling away more and more as it stretches on and stretches thin. Oh well, we are nearing the end, I think. For now please enjoy this Gym Battle, in which I employ Great Strategy.

They said it was stupid. They said it wouldn't work.

They were mostly right. I figured I would try my hand at an Aerodactyl sweep, just for fun, really, even knowing there could definitely be some threats to knock Peanut out of the sky. Pretty nutty plan, eh? Well, I got really lucky and the opposing Aerodactyl missed two Rock Slides, allowing me to set up a single X Attack and Agility. Well, may as well keep going even after taking that big hit.

Yeah, that makes sense. Healing, taking more unnecessary hits, and hitting back. Smart plays all around. At least I think I took a hit? Don't really recall.

Genius.

Then use the Crobat to set up another couple X Attacks just to ensure a better chance for the rest of this fight. Also Yellow Flute for confusion-b-gone.

Phew, the somewhat scary one down. They were all a bit scary, though. Wow I've really been fumbling these important battles this time, huh? Saving all my skill and luck for this upcoming challenge, surely! Ha ha...

This Swellow either Quick Attacked me, survived a hit, or I missed, and frankly I don't remember what happened. I did all of this while preoccupied, remember? That's right, I have excuses.

Yay~

Whew. That easily could have gone a lot worse.

Well? Do you have anything to say? Whoa! Easy now. I got you, don't fall. That... that darkness in your eyes seems to be gone? Unless I was imagining it to begin with. You're not really exuding as much bravado as you were earlier, either, but maybe that is just because I beat you? Were you really a member of the seven heavenly kings? What is this fading mark on your neck? Three stars? I feel like I'm coming so close to understanding something, anything about all of this only to get tossed back into the deep end. Are you okay, Winona?

Whoa okay now just because I'm holding you doesn't mean you can just be reaching into my pocket like that. Ah. I see. You're just trying to shove a bomber jacket and your phone number into my pocket... Why?

And now she has fallen asleep. I really don't know what is happening here, but I suppose I can take some solace in the fact that I made a new friend? Maybe? And possibly vanquished another of the seven heavenly kings of the shadow council? I... I don't even know. Maybe she just has a weak constitution and that is what that dude earlier was trying to warn me about. She is beautiful, too. He wasn't wrong...

Alright. No more dwelling on these questions, I really don't have the time for this.

And neither do you.

Oh? Hello, this is Brad?

A ghost in the machine? I also just said my name when I answered the phone.

I... I really don't like that. Every time we talk I feel like I'm left with more answers and this growing sense of unease about everything that is happening. Why did you call me now? Why are you confirming that you are cheering me on NOW when I may have just vanquished another of the seven heavenly kings? Do you want that to happen? Are you not working for the dark covenant? Are the seven heavenly kings not actually associated with them? How many factions are at play here, and why am I stuck in the center of it all? What is going on, Scott?!

sigh...

Oh, Zebedee, you really are a gift from above, look how big and strong you are! I bet you could topple whole buildings with just a single look, and not with laser eyes like Superman does.

Wow, Billiam! You're really living up to your name, aren't you? Ha ha, Billiam.

And Pocky, of course I didn't forget you even though you evolved before the beginning of this update! You're so cute and sweet and lovable and I bet you will fight anyone who looks at me funny which isn't inherently a positive trait and could be indicative of some deep underlying issues but I still love you.

And there you are, Rosemary. Looks like you just gobbled up that special rock from my pock, didn't you! You're lucky that you didn't eat my Very Special Rocks from my Very Awkward Friend, or I may have had to eat you for dinner! Ha ha ha! I'm so hungry.

The eagle-eyed observer may notice that my check-ins are always posted in alphabetical order for the nicknames of my Pokemon. Most people probably wouldn't have noticed that, I would think. +1 in the chat if you did. Anyways, this isn't as a result of some deep planning and organization on my part, but rather just that when I take the screenshots I name them as "[Nickname][1 or 2]", and so they just fall in that order when I upload them.

This is also the first update in a long time that I haven't checked in Pickles and her spoon! She has earned her rest, and that entire gallon of ice cream.

Why am I posting sentences upon sentences of commentary in my check-in. I think this update is broken.

Wow, that was another one that really just went off the rails there. Nice and short checkpoint, honestly, not much happened, just fight your rival and Winona, don't even have to cover much ground, really! Easy, quick, no trobble at all. Whew. Apologies for my problem and making it yours as well.

This will be a pretty terrible week for timing, because I am working a shift that really cuts my free time down into two small chunks: one in the late morning/early afternoon and one in the late evening/night time. This will of course likely make it a bit difficult for me to schedule battles, let alone update with anything nearing this beast, which could be a good thing once again for the sake of brevity.

I will continue to do my best to do my best.

Thank you for your imagined support.

I saw Kirby's update, and that is enough to trigger another of my quick self-gouging rants about these updates: You think there is any sense of cohesion to this "story"? I appreciate the thought, but I barely remember anything that I write and this is all just tossed together off the top of my head each time, so it is riddled with flaws and faults in our stars. I don't even proofread it, because that would take way too much time and would probably end up making it even longer because I am an extraordinarily defective man.

Oh, right.

TL;DR

Brad faces his demons again and again but isn't really getting closer to understanding what the truth is. Receiving answers and insight, but following them up with even more questions.

Caught a Doduo.

Beat May and Winona despite poor strategy.

Brad may have defeated another of the seven heavenly kings, if they exist? And is that even something that should be done?

Also filmed everything.

With a big camera.

And an even bigger heart.

His name is Brad.

Thank you and have a good evening. Sorry, morning.

Like, almost, depending on your time zone. Ha ha.

Heh...

Episode 1: A Prelude to Total Victory
Episode 2: The Chasing of a Dream
Episode 3: Tomorrow May Come
Episode 4: A Sea of Stars
Episode 5: A Retort and a Half
Episode 6: Beyond the Need for Kings
Episode 7: Flash in the Pan
Episode 8: Godspeed
Episode 9: Do You Remember That Day, One Year Ago?
Episode 10: Fade into the Ether
Episode 11: The Flames of Rebellion
Episode 12: Screams of the Damned
Episode 13: Together We Could Fly
Episode 14: Pieces of You
Episode 15: A Fractured Heart
Episode 16: The Verge of Collapse

Last edited:

Zealous Zweilouss

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 23, 2020
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Well first thing is first. As mentioned. Moo and I made a trade. I have a Lombre now....

And I need a water stone.

I'm learning a lot about battling.

Me when I lose.

BOX'D >:L

Crits, switching, and plenty of alcohol that keeps washing up on the beach. And it makes me think: "wouldn't it be funny if I got away with doing that?".

To the gym!

Every battle went something like this.
Vs Winona now:

Gyarados was the second opponent brought out. Yeah....

After another easy kill on Altaria, I decide to risk death with Butterfree and I find that little gem.

F

I mean you saw Martin in action. You can't see a more graceful trainer pokemon display than that.

gg

Time to bring back some forgotten faces. As well as some new ones. Since this the first time I'm doing a battle against someone since Slateport, we should have some fun with the check in.

Yup. I just can't deny the utility it can bring. (Also I couldn't buy a move coin this round)

Should have been expected.

Another good boy.

Spin2Win

Newbie. I think it has some use after all. Also @host?!?!?!??! bottle caps when?

Thanks Moo. I think this guy might surprise a few people tomorrow or later today now I guess...

Way more defense than Skarm, I know that much. Maybe with intimidate I can capitalize on that for a 6-0.

The one and only. Our most valuable team member.

She is the reason behind one whole announcement on the discord guys.

Last edited:

GoodMorningCrono

The Real Sports Adamin
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Sports is NOT down, it's your internet
this actually took me forever to complete because of all the work that I was putting off that I had to do all at once zzz

This video got effort because I did it at the start of the update, I was going to do something similar for Winona but I was too fucking busy to have time to

It feels like there's supposed to be something here...

That's probably the most terrifying thing I've read in this game.

"FUCK YOUR WINDOWWWW BITCH"

Steven continues to establish his love for using people's names

oh shit it's rhetco

I don't need any shitty birds because my pokemon have Levitate so I want Kecleon instead because it is a cool lizard instead of a shit bird

fuck birds (until Roost exists then they're cool)

No, sir, you misunderstand. I'm not trying to become Champion, I want to be crowned the biggest whore on this island. NUZVIVOR HOE

This actually makes a lot more fucking sense when you consider the bugs attacking people in their homes shit. Winona's birds must be the only thing that stands between innocent civilians and a Scyther decapitating your babies.

I was pretty confused by the endless Winona simping going on in this gym during my run but it makes more sense now. Except for the fact that this guy says "Blush" out loud. That still doesn't make sense. You do realize that doesn't make sense, right?

Fucking simps, man. Always running to block you if you disagree with them.

Or maybe I've just gone deaf, hard to say. At least I never have to listen to Despacito again then.

there's one bug that Winona can't squash etc I'm so tired please all I want is to sleep in a bed again instead of on the ground outside with the sounds of bug pokemon all around me

free me from the horrors of the nuzvivor hoe challenge

I call Shup and tell him that I can't take this anymore and that I need to go home but he informs me that my contract states I can't wimp out and I'm stuck here until the end

send help please

also I got my Claydol back from marf before he dies in exchange for some shitty carvanha

Shup

what a memory
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Congrats to Snake for winning immunity! The Zandaka Tribe just finished up their second Tribal Council of the merge.
Marf.
Here's the lucky thirteenth checkpoint.

CHECKPOINT #13 - Lilycove City
Goal: Make your way to Lilycove City, defeat your rival, and explore the Safari Zone.
Level Cap: 44
Catches: Route 121, Lilycove City, Safari Zone* (see challenge)
Checkpoint Deadline: Friday, June 26th at 12:00 PM EST (~37 hours from now)
Check-In Limit: 9
Required Teamshots: May/Brendan
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHALLENGE #13 - Safari Hunt
Immunity + Reward

Description:
Another challenge returning from Nuzvivor Kanto, we have the Safari Hunt! This one is fairly simple. You get one run in the Safari Zone to catch as many Pokemon as you can. Point totals will be awarded for each unique Pokemon you catch, based on catch rate. The lower the catch rate, the more points you score. Duplicates do not net any extra points. Regardless of whether or not you win the challenge, you will get to keep your first encounter. The player who scores the most points wins the challenge. And for taking the offer to sit out of the last challenge, Moo and Marco will have a bonus 10 points added to their score.

You do not have to attempt to catch everything you run into, you can strategically run from things if you like (except from your first encounter, obviously). You are allowed to explore the full Safari Zone, but be mindful of your step count, because you only get one run. Lastly, once you have finished the challenge, you are allowed to go back in to the Safari Zone to pick up any items you may have missed, but you will not be allowed to catch anything else.

For this challenge you will MUST include a screenshot of every single Safari Ball throw, which means a total of 30, as well as the click screenshot of you catching the Pokemon. If you do not include these, you will not score a point for that Pokemon. Include these in your submissions.

Reward:
The winner of this challenge will win individual immunity, as well as the choice of two catches to keep from the Safari Zone (along with your first encounter).

Deadline: Same as checkpoint deadline.

Good luck!

SnakeWrangler

Sorceress's Knight
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison

I kinda miss when ingame trainers were a challenge other than the important battles but eh

the existential wistfulness can be saved for later

tree

boy do I hope this isnt important later

yay one of my favorite cities

I do like how they just let you walk in on contests here

useless doodoo get

is this how polnareff felt on the stairs

show me your...

tax returns, you crook

she turned into a bird and left

she was actually pretty hard

fish are bitin well today

"It was THIS big"

can't wait for whatever rare, exotic encounters lie in this safari zone

"name it after a serial killer" - moo in call

anyway I hated this challenge!

greenchu

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020

Everyone laugh at the fool who only uses 1 type of Pokemon.

Okay don't laugh at him anymore he said nice things about me.

I'm pretty physical when I want you to fitness dick in your mouth.

Route 121 catch.

Huh, a Pokemon Contest Hall. I wonder what happens here?

I no longer wish to know what happens here.

Why is this in the water in Lilycove? I was hoping to catch a Staryu or something.

Get it because it's the disaster Pokemon and I found it while fishing and it's clearly not supposed to be in the water.

Alright, time for a good ol' fashioned SAFARI game.

This was my catch I guess since the first thing I found (Minun, and no I'm not going to @ pluslefan again) was a dupe and I caught that as part of the challenge. I didn't nickname anything I caught for this challenge since it could stick around or it could be released, who knows. Also because I didn't want to come up with a bunch of nicknames at once. If I decide to use this thing, I'll give it a name.

@Badnik96 impregnated my wife and had quadruplets. Their names are Badnik97, Badnik98, Badnik99, and Steve.

Hi May.

Bye May.

I'm not checking in the full 9 mons, nor am I grinding everything to 44 because

wattson.png

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be

oh god no

The year is now 20XX+5

How does time even function in this update?

With the death of Madden 08, nothing was left to stop the sudden uprising of Dick Vitale's Awesome Baby College Hoops from taking over the Hoenn Region. After taking control of the Hoenn Region, Dick Vitale has made it mandatory to nickname everything after Dick Vitale's Awesome Baby College Hoops for the Sega Genesis for the rest of this checkpoint. Additionally, the only game that is allowed to be played now is Dick Vitale's Awesome Baby College Hoops for the Sega Genesis. As well as Pokemon Emerald for the Nintendo Gameboy Advance.

That's all I could think of for imaginary plot.

Anyways this was the Swablu that I caught on Route 120 that I didn't nickname reveal a couple of days ago.

Awesome Baby!

That's just the NCAA and NBA

Magnet is now a first encounter? That's Awesome Baby!

Ah, to be cursed by the 10 character limit again.

Wait this is just Zangoose but if it could run a potential mixed set

Slam Bam Jam Baby!

As it turns out, the rival has been saying some stuff about a "Madden 08". That's not allowed anymore!

Surprise Pokemon number 6 was a Gengar. Not what I expected.

Safari Zone time.

The Cafari Ball Tossing experience. Hop on a bike and throw balls at a bunch of wild creatures.

what

This is the only female character in the Scott the Woz Cinematic Universe.

Sandwichface

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 19, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
the biggest dude in history
welcome to the jungle

c atch

pictured: raichu barely escaping with her life as this ninjask uses the strongest slash on record

insect kaiju from...
Ultraman Tiga, Ultraman Dyna, & Ultraman Gaia: The Decisive Battle in Hyperspace
...ain't that a mouthful

oh no! a thing is happening!

paul blart: mall town
for real this time

gotta get this alien object to enter the safari zone because pokeblocks

fishing time once again in paul blart: mall town

kaiju from ultraman dyna
name fits a drowzee or hypno better in hindsight
ok, now time to shop at th-

move bitch, get out the way

get out the way, bitch get out the way

fight was pretty easy until the surprise gengar showed up
(author's note: did not expect some of the moves this thing had. later boss fights seem like they'll be... interesting, to say the least)

and then this happened on my way to the safari zone

i paid good money for this
i better catch something neat or my lawyers wi-

well god DAMN

burrowing dinosaur kaiju from ultra q

Zealous Zweilouss

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 23, 2020
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
This update is delivered to you by the following discord shenanigans':

Another rainy day. I bet I can make a confessional about that.

I think Sol's was a bit better.

I used some of the OG's to clear out all the trainers on the way to Lilycove. We really do have an inflated team in comparison. I don't want Martin to get all of the glory after all.

Man if you told me before the first reward challenge I would be this excited to get a bunch of grass types, I would have said you are fucking crazy.

The typical May sweep followed.

Boy I can't wait for the final 8 tournament to be contest based!

Also there is my first Safari catch. I'll show more if I make it to eight.

Quvar

Lesser Urban Legend
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Good evening everyone, or will it be morning by the time I actually post this wooOOooOOoooo, spooooOOOky! Don't look at me I'm disgusting. I believe that this will be a short update this time due to the small bit of gameplay and the few screenshots I have taken, but I'm sure none of you believe me when I say that. Trust me, the time is coming! I am tired and busy, so surely I will do the smart thing one of these days and really phone it in. Like, more than I normally do. Let's find out together, shall we?

I'm in over my head. I'm just a cameraman. I'm just a guy. I'm just Brad. It's short for Bradward. There is so much going on on this absolutely deserted island, within this reality television show competition. There are so many factions at play, I think, and I'm not sure how much of it is real, how much of it is nothing more than my imagination or hallucinations. I'm just here to do my job, and also participate in the competition. Just like it is stated in my two contracts.

I'm drowning. I feel like I'm drowning. I've resolved myself to this reality, this strange reality where I am surrounded by ghosts or demons and evil cults and people that only I can see and that speak only to me. I've resigned myself to the idea that there is a shadow council, some dark covenant working toward the destruction of the world. I have accepted the fact that for whatever reason I am at the center of all of this. It is revolving around me, or perhaps I am just some sort of unlucky observer who happens to stumble into these world changing events?

Maybe it isn't even that big. Maybe it is just a bunch of lunatics running free on a deserted island and spewing their insane rhetoric to anyone who will hear it. Maybe I am just going mad myself. I feel like I have stumbled into so much evidence that what is happening is real, but still so little tangible proof. It would make sense, but by its very nature it DOESN'T make sense. It is lunacy, insanity to think that there could be something like this going on in reality, in this place, in this time.

Yet here we are.

A few slices short of a loaf.

Bread...

No time to dwell on this for long. Whether for the sake of moving to keep my mind from collapsing in on itself, whether it is because I can't sit here while the world falters around me, or whether it is because I have been given another task by the show-runners, I must move. I must keep moving.

I remember having a thought around the time I typed the last update oh so long ago. I had some sort of thought, some sort of idea about a topic or concept to break down in Brad's opening monologue this time. I think it might have been a clever idea, perhaps an insightful one, a funny one, a strong narrative ideal. As it is lost to time, it could have been anything. It could even have been garbage. I don't remember what it was. Such is the nature of these "stories" that I tell. Cursed to forever be unplanned and chaotic.

Did... did someone say my name? Like, my real name? I swear, I heard it. Who's out there?! Who are you?! Please, come talk with me! Please, see me for who I am.

Please...

I can't justify that with a response. I'm not real. I'm just author commentary, or something. Narrator? Not quite. Something like that. Point being that I can't have conversations with you. Go on, go back to your life and my story.

I.... okay.

What.

Huh?

Oh wow, look at you Theresa! Finally living up to your moniker and being secretly vicious and terrible, but outwardly a kind and gentle soul. You're really moving on up in the world, too! Getting to be the first screenshot of an update, where normally something like this would be in the Post Credits Scene, but you have to be here and now because it happened before all the forthcoming events!

Dude. Come on. We've talked about this. The fourth wall stuff is like literally my job. Stay in character for Pete's sake.

My brain is trembling. Better get moving, else the goblins will catch up to me.

We are all pieces of the puzzle that is life, the complex web of personalities and relationships, our choices and behavior affecting everything around us. We may not be the most influential part, we may not be the most benevolent or malicious aspects. We can be part of the extremes or the in betweens, but in the end we are all a part of what makes the world whole. Without us, it wouldn't be the same, right? Without the good and the bad balancing each other out, the world would be less colorful. Bad things are bad, clearly, but they are almost a necessary part of allowing us to appreciate the good things. We are our everything. The ugly, the lovely, the flawed and flawless. All of us are perfect in our imperfections, and that is what makes everything so worthwhile and magnificent. So yes, without one piece of us, no matter whether our time here is sparse or felt for eons, it just isn't quite as beautiful.

Okay, sure, yeah. It is all about you specifically. My apologies for blowing up your spot like that, totally didn't mean to. You are truly beautiful and that is definitely what we were talking about the whole time. My name is Brad, by the way. It is short for Bradward. I've got to run now, gorgeous, so stay here and watch out for lightning!

It is very important! Paying attention to what is happening around you is super vital for a few reasons. Physically watching and sensing what is in your space to protect you from bodily harm, and paying attention to the people around you to try and save yourself from some emotional strife. Watching body language, behavior, listening for tone and generally reading the room. You don't want to stumble into a social faux pas, overstep your bounds, or create an awkward situation because you weren't giving the people around you the proper attention. It can be difficult, yes, and sometimes it is the others that are more at fault than you, but it is still important to recognize those boundaries and requirements when you can. Toe the line if you're not sure about how to act. Don't be rash or rude.

Well, yeah. You're jumping through the air like that and totally just ran into my bird. You've got to watch yourself! Here, I can spare a moment to look you over and make sure you're alright. I have a band-aid that I took from an unattended first aid kit that I was saving in case I got a really bad scrape or something, but I suppose you can make better use of it now than I could. My name is Brad, by the way. And I have to be going now.

Thinking too much, really. I'm trying to run through this lightning storm to try and get my mind off of a few things. Sorry if I didn't give you the proper level of attention. It's funny that I mention that, because I literally just had a conversation with a nice young lady a little bit ago about the importance of paying attention! I hope you don't feel slighted. Here, this is my number. My name is Brad, I'm very busy right now, but give me a call some time and I promise I will do what I can to provide you with the attention that you deserve.

Why are you staring at me like that, friend? Do I have something on my face aside from all this dirt? Or are you feeling shy because of the giant camera that I'm holding in front of you? There's no need to feel weird about it. I'm... wait... you aren't possessed or anything, are you? That may seem like a strange question, but I feel like there have been a lot of unusual individuals out to get me lately.

You know that is a decent sentiment, never giving up and always trying to improve so long as you don't overwork yourself and make sure to give yourself credit for what you have accomplished. Really fantastic mindset. But given the context for what I was just speaking about that seems really ominous, and I think I hear my pizza delivery man calling from over there. What's that?! Yeah, I'm on my way! Sorry, dude, gotta go. It's his birthday and I promised him we would go out for laser tag and... oh look at the time, I sure am late! Bye!

I mean, you are a lovely lady, but I don't even know your name so I would find it difficult to say whether what I feel right now is love. Why don't we start slow, with the basics, and see where things go from there? My name is Brad, it is short for Bradward. And you are?

Absolutely. It is much better to get to know each other than to jump right into some sort of commitment to somebody that you just met. What was your name again?

Well, thank you very kindly for the jar of preserves, but I'm afraid I still didn't catch your... hello? Where did she go? Well, at least I got some food I suppose? Should probably save it for a day when I can't find much in the trash. Just store that in my pocket with my rocks... there we go. Time to keep going. Seriously though, where did she go? I swear she was there one second and then POOF, gone like the wind. Oh well. Not even close to the strangest thing that has happened on this definitely deserted island.

Oh, hello! My name is Brad. Who are you and what are you doing out here in the middle of nowhere amongst these strangely aligned rocks?

It very well could contain ancient. But for all we know it could contain recent, or even modern. Now clear something up for me... do you believe that that rock is a portal to the past some how? Like a time machine of sorts? And you're saying that it may only be able to travel back to a very specific spot in time, but can't actually be controlled in any way? Fascinating stuff. I suppose that it IS a rock, so having any significant control over how it works would be difficult. I hear that the pioneers may have had a better grasp on how to manage the timeflow of these rocks. I'd wonder, if we were to harvest the rock and apply its power in some sort of device or mechanism could we harness it and direct the flow to work in whatever way we chose?

Yes, I suppose that despite it being a possibility it is also very plausible that damaging or removing the rock could completely nullify its power. Better to not act rashly in this case. Well, this has been an enlightening experience, but I have a date with the future so I think I will leave you here to your research. Thank you for the insight, and best of luck with your research! Be careful not to create any paradoxes or destroy the timeline as we know it!

Funny that you mention that, because I just finished speaking with a man about a rock that may be able to... you know what, confidentiality. Never mind. That being said, I also am fairly certain that there are some unknown powers at work on this very very deserted island. Evil and bewildering groups trying to accomplish mysterious goals. I... don't suppose that you are affiliated with any of them... are you?

Why are you pointing at my head, or is it the camera? And now my heart? And my pocket? What are you trying to say? What do you know about what is going on here? Please, share... cough... cough whoa... what is with this smoke?! And now where did they go? The old bat smoke bomb trick. I ALWAYS fall for that one. Head, heart, and pockets... huh? I have no clue. Probably better for my psyche if I just forget I had this encounter.

What encounter?

Yeah, that's the way.

How can you hold all those bugs?

Insert poorly photoshopped image of Why Can't I Hold All These Limes guy but with Bug Pokemon over all the limes. I'd have thought about doing it if I had more time, but instead I will pretend like this is the same amount of effort and equally commendable. Way to go, me.

Oh, well would you look at that? What do they call themselves, again? Age of Aquarius? Archie's Pals N' Gals (Double Digest)? Whatever it was, I am not too fond of them at this point. Where are they headed, though? Sounds rad, but I'd rather not involve myself with them if I can avoid it. I may have to face my demons head on some day soon, but all these half revelations that I've been hit with lately just have me so unsure about what I'm doing and why...

I thought I was on the right track for once, dealing with Winona. I thought I had it all figured out, I thought my resolve was set. And then Scott just had to call and throw everything out of wack... I'm just going to try and tiptoe around these things for now, try not to get too involved. Everything I do seems to be all according to their plan, or at least a part of SOMEONE'S plan. Wait, where did they go? Must have skedaddled off toward that mountain while I was bemoaning my confusion and place here.

TN: Plan means 計画 (keikaku)

I still can't read.

I'm going to find a new friend to help alleviate some of the pain I feel due to my sporadic illiteracy.

This is Bottle. They are very adept at compartmentalizing their feelings in order to deal with stress as it comes and when they have the time and energy to do so. It is truly amazing, really bottles the mind. You know, like it is so crazy that your thoughts get trapped like in a bottle. I love her.

This was another in a fun series of train of thought naming. I of course saw the pretty little Magnemite, and like any sane human being my first thought was, "Magnets, how DO they work?", and from there it is a clear line to seeing the M in Magnet and the connection between the question and its source to go to the Great Milenko, and then from there to Milli, and of course that is followed by Vanilli, which bleeds easily into Vanilla, and from Vanilla to Custard, and from Custard to Custer, you know, General Custer, like one thinks of generally, and speaking of General, of course you'd think of Gener... Gene... Genies, like I Dream of Jeannie, but of course it is a genie and you just drop on down to Genie in a Bottle baybay, and then you stop yourself there because you had already jumped past a half dozen possible names and Bottle is cute and seems like it fits for a magnificent mechanical monstrosity who is actually just a good friend.

That's a great attitude to have, friend. Don't let a single loss knock you off tilt. Get up, brush yourself off, don't cry (shoutouts to my home girl Laura), and get back at it. Keep on practicing, keep on trying, keep on driving toward success. If you can dream it, you can do it.

Once again I am taking much too long with all of this and need to sleep at some point in my life, so I think I'll keep skipping a bunch of screenshots like I have been doing for days and days.

The cave in the cove? By jove, I don't believe I have! In fact, this is my first time in this city. I have heard of Candle Cove, however. Are you familiar with it? I used to watch it all the time when I was younger. Now that I think about it, I never found reference to it anywhere, so maybe it was just a local show in my area? I don't recall what station it was on... I'm... I'm starting to feel a little chilly. A cave, you say? Out in the cove? I... I hope I don't have to go inside.

You have to go inside? The cave? The cave in the cove? Wait, sorry, I wasn't even talking with you about that. My thoughts are sort of jumbled up right now. What were we talking about? Ah, of course. Totally normal topics of conversation. Hearing voices that aren't really there, wondering where they are coming from or why they are speaking to you. I feel you there. I know it seems strange, but I actually often feel like I hear

We're trying to speed things up here, Bradward. Quit having these silly conversations and get a move on.

Brrrrbrr... sorry, I just felt a shiver run up my spine. I think I have to go, I am actually in the middle of a competition. That's what the camera is for, actually! You see, I am both a participant in and cameraman for a nationally broadcast reality TV show called Nuzlocke Survivor: Hoenn, airing every Wednesday night at 8:00 p.m. ET on CBS! You should keep an eye out, becau

MOVE

I'm sorry I think I have to go.

You feel it, too, don't you? That phantom pain, the voices echoing in your skull... the pull. The call. You feel the allure of the cave in the cove trying to lure you away from your cozy, cushy, safe life. You look into the inky darkness at the cave mouth, and you swear you can hear singing... and laughter. You can hear it echoing out from within and it scares you, it is unnerving, it is innatural, but what scares you more than the laughter and the singing is your desire to run into the cave and join them. To join the disembodied voices, faintly echoing along the winds, to join them in their ghastly revelry and nevr look back. To dive into the darkness. To be lost to it...

You feel it, too, don't you? But you can fight it. You've been living here long enough, you can manage it. I don't know if I can be so lucky. I have to keep moving, keep running for the goal so that I don't get lost to any one of the multitude of strange happenings trying to suck me in on this island that is totally deserted.

Baaaahrrrmm...

I'd love to help, I really would, but I'm afraid that I can't trust your hollow voice. The way your gaze is peering right through me, not looking at me, not really. It's like you're looking over my shoulder and speaking at me, but there is a hint of a smile gracing your lips as you stare at the area directly behind me. As if there is something, or someone standing there that you are so happy to see, so eager to help, you will do anything for them, anything to see them happy. And so you speak to me, your words empty and meaningless because you aren't even sure that I'm here. I think there is something very wrong with this city. I'm sorry, please never speak to me again.

Stop laughing!

I'm getting out of here.

The promised time is quickly approaching? They are telling you that all will be well, They are telling you that you just need to keep doing Their bidding, They are telling you to believe and heed and you will be freed? Alright, buddy, I'm just going to back away. Good luck with that, what are you pointing at? Why are you chuckling and pointing over my head? I don't want to look.. but I have to!

There's nothing there. Why are you still doing that? Leave me alone!

You seem like the most sane person that I've met here so far. You're right, though. It is okay to rely on your friends, to accept support and provide it in turn. I'm actually on a quest to make 100 friends, not just so that we can support one another, but can you imagine it? A network of 100 great friends, somebody always available, somebody always there for you when you just need that human connection. And my Pokemon are my dear friends, too, of course. They've been with me through so much. So many... what? I shouldn't try to do everything by myself? You can help me ease the burden? I shuld just join you? Join all of you?

I don't like this place. Thank you for the offer of union, ma'am, but I think I'm going to go.

Don't lick your lips like that while you look at me. Your smile isn't reaching your eyes. Don't TOUCH me! Step off! Quit wriggling your fingers like that at me. Why are you nodding so vigorously? Just... just stay there. Please don't come any closer to me. I'll be on my way shortly, just please please leave me be.

I've both written myself into a corner with this unusual turn of events as well as provided a valid reason to skip a lot of screenshots. As always, a blessing and a curse. But is it any more cursed than Lilycove City? Where the land ends and the sea begins. Something wicked this way comes.

I feel a warmth coming from my pocket... it... it's strange. It is a comforting feeling. I don't know what it is, it faded as quickly as it came, but it makes me feel so much more calm, relaxed, composed. Even the sunlight peeking in from behind the clouds out here seems a little brighter. Maybe I should step out from this hiding place between these houses and give the city a second chance? It doesn't seem that bad, and surely it was just a misunderstanding. I mean, I will avoid all those people that I saw before, but not because I'm scared of them or anything. I can't live my life in fear.

Oh yeah, sounds like that can be very soothing. Like white noise, or a soft gently repetitive soundscape. I would often drift to sleep to the sounds of thunderstorms, the pattering of the rain drops, the rolling thunder, deep, soft, powerful. Like a lullaby, soothing my soul and easing me into sleep. I'm getting tired just thinking about it... have to stay awake, gotta move! Why are you looking at me like that, with your head all cocked to the side?

And what are you doing here? Tucked away in the back corner of a room where you could feasibly be without anybody knowing or bothering you. I almost don't want to talk to you... maybe I should pretend like I believe that you're sleeping and just walk away.

Of course you were. It's not like I was close enough to see through the shade of your sunglasses and could see your eyes wide open and staring at me. Sure you were snoozing, Scott. What do you want from me? Like what do you REALLY want from me? Are you trying to get me to attack and dethrone the seven heavenly kings? Who are they and how will doing that benefit your agenda? Is that actually what you want, or is this some sort of manipulative reverse psychology? Why are you always so cryptic? Why won't you give me any answers?! Is this just how you get your kicks, or is there something more to all of this?!

So you are entertaining yourself, but there IS more? What? Tell me? But....?

What does that even mean! Wait, where did you.... you know what.... nevermind. Forget it. I'm not wasting my time on you, Scott.

It really does. On days like this, the sun shining down on the azure expanse causing it to sparkle and shimmer, only broken by the faintest waves rolling along the surface inviting you to stay a while and watch, listen. I can see why sailors will dedicate their lives to the sea, their life, their love and their lady it shall forever be. Youth and vitality, and... did you see that? It looked for a moment like all the waves had ceased, and the water stood still and unmoving. And there was... a face? It was for but a moment, a flash, but I swear it all stopped and there was some faint smiling face peering up at me from the depths... I don't know wha--

Uh... thank you for your time, old ones. I appreciate you but I'm going to have to dip. Not into the water, though. Not here.

I suppose that is possible! Perhaps, somewhere out there there is a small contingency of people rooting for me, cheering me on, offering me their love and support. I am on a reality TV show, after all! Maybe they even have some sort of fun pet name for themselves. Some group nomenclature that they can refer to themselves as in order to show support? Ah, that's just wishful thinking. I'm just a cameraman. I'm sure nobody is watching this and thinking, "Boy, I sure do hope that that Brad, short for Bradward, can make it far! He really has to content with a lot of crazy stuff and he deserves a nice long rest and some peace of mind!"

There surely isn't anyone like that out there. No collection, no club, no family. No army. Not for Brad.

Excuse me? Who said that?

WAUGH! Huh, what? Oh, were you talking? Oh. It's one of you. Siiiigh.... Hello, what's up?

Oh don't you worry, friend. I have no intention of getting anywhere near that cave. Rest assured, you can have that madness all for yourselves if that is what you want.

Rerrrooruh?

I talk to myself constantly. It's like an external monologue. I think I've developed the habit from being involved with this TV show, though I have always done it a little bit. Don't worry, you're not weird for that reason.

LA LA LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Please stop lazily pointing over my shoulder. I'm not going to look, and I'm done engaging with you people on this stuff. Please. I'm not going to the cave, and I'm not going to involve myself with whatever spooky ritual you all are trying to fulfill.

You do seem pretty tired. Why are you trying to shove your pillow into my pocket, though? I appreciate the thought but I imagine you need that more than I... oh. Where did you pull that second pillow out from? Aaaand you're already sleeping. Well, I guess this is a small victory?

Don't worry, I want nothing to do with you folk. I'm just here to try and fish up a new friend and also to stay far away from that cave. I know, I know, I'm pretty close to it already, but I felt this calling and it seemed like a good idea to get closer so that I can fish and maybe go into the cave afterwards. It seems nice in there. Do you hear the singing? The laughter? Heh... ha ha... It makes me feel so welcome.

But first, to fish. The more the merrier, right? We can all go down together...

This is Alice. She has a good head on her shoulders and loves to eat her toast with the jam side facing down, but she is very careful to not allow any of it to drip off of the... the toast. The toast. I love her.

Oh, there's that warmth again. What am I doing? I need to get away from this cave. I... I need to go.

Ah... hello, again, May. Fancy meeting you here. I don;t have much money, you know, the whole Survivor thing. Why do you have that sad look on your face? You're frowning. I know we have clashed a bit in the past, and you haven't always been the most... reassuring presence in my life? But despite all of that, I do still think of you as a friend. Are you alright? May?

Oh.

Oh hey, it is that time again! Time to fight with great strategy and that is it, that is all, perfect strategy yep.

Here you can see me preparing for my perfect strategy. Poor Pocky here seemed to be suffering from some short term memory loss, but she is still one of my very special friends and I would defend her with my life. This bird was very evasive, but she was eventually able to knock it out of the sky.

This silly ghost tried to put Pocky to sleep, but little did he know that she had been drinking green tea all day and was raring to go. Poor ghost didn't stand a chance.

This plant also fell at the mind of the definitely not tired because somebody better not be and it is certainly not me... Pocky. Got a little jab in beforehand, because I never claimed that Pocky was a quick lass.

This is fine, right? Nothing wrong with this turn of events at all. Pocky handled it like a champ, but at this point should probably rest because I do worry for her despite knowing how big and strong she is.

Holy sheep, that Milotic sure did pack a punch there. Thankfully Palulu is fueled by love and I have more than enough of that to spare, so she was able to beat up that silly fish thing. I'm very clever. I can come up with good things to type all the time 100%. Or, you know, practically never.

And then for the finale Homura brings it home, also not the most swift of my friends, she couldn't help but take a little bit of hurt here, but dealt out so much more in return. So capable and loyal to her friend(s). Didn't lose her head at all in this fight. Stayed very composed.

Oh hey, I did it. Easy peasy, totally didn't scare me a whole lot throughout the fight.

Nope. not scared for any of my friends not once not never oh golly I'm so glad they're all okay.

Blah blah blah, back to whatever it is out there that is pretending to pass itself off as some sort of story. I have no clue what is happening.

May, what's going on? I haven't seen this much clarity in your eyes in days or weeks however long is the correct relevant amount of time? Why challenge me again, it hasn't even been that long? Are you feeling alright? Is it this place? It's pretty messed up, I feel it too.

My name is Brad, yes. Of course I remember that, too. It was... a simpler time. More lighthearted, easier to enjoy this time for what it was. Remember when I got mad at you for calling me BREAD, and I called you April? Heh... pretty childish... I had no idea then what we would go through. I remember.

I suppose it did? They all did. YOU did. You helped me along all this time. I know I've snapped at you a few times, but I've always thought of you as a friend, deep down. You'v just been... different? Difficult? Something seems different now, though. Can you tell me what you know? About BREAD? About Scott? The seven heavenly kings, the shadow council? Can you tell me something, anything?

Still can't speak, eh? Or is it that you actually don't know either/ Have you just been a pawn this entire time, moving at someone else's beck and call, maybe even fulfilling their ambitions without knowing what you were doing? Sworn to secrecy? Actually unknown?

Yeah, you've been out and about for a while now. You seem pretty relaxed now, like a weight is lifted off of you. I think you've probably earned some rest.

What I have to do. Keep fighting on in this competition, keep filming everything I can. Keep searching for that answer, whatever it is. Trying to find the truth? Maybe combat the forces of darkness? I'm not really sure, I guess. Ha ha... heh... I don't know what I'm doing. But I can't stop now, can I? Not after I've made it so far.

You're crying? It's okay, May, I forgive you! I'm sure it wasn't your fault. I... don't just leave like that.

She sure is fast..

I... I wonder what's in store for me now? Where is all this going, and why me?

I wonder if I'll ever see her again....?

One thing I know for sure is... I'm getting the shit out of this city ASAP.

But first let's all go to the mall!

Muroorarii!

It's big, isn't it? Extending out and beyond, all the way to the horizon but you know there is more even past that. It sort of makes you feel a bit small in comparison... but it is also sort of exhilarating. There is so much out there to do and see, so much waiting for you to just run out there and meet it head on apply directly to the forehead

No I will never stop making that reference you can't stop me even if you make it so I can't sleep wow I'm tired.

What? You mean like a clone or something? A perfect recreation of yourself. Yeah, it is an interesting thought. Would you get along? Perhaps you wouldn't be able to stand each other? Would being separate, experiencing life that little bit differently, would it change you, how quickly would you become separate unique individuals?

Heh heh... yeah....

Unless... you know, I passed through this CITY not too long ago. If you head there, they are actually working on some pretty wild science that may give you a semblance of that experience that you're looking for? It could be worth a shot!

Well, of course. Everyone KNOWS that green is not a creative color, so surely it must be an intellectual one.

Welcome to youkoso Safari Park!

Time to find another new Friend!

This is Potato. He is very intelligent and loves to read books while lounging out in the sun on a hot summer's day, wearing plenty of sun screen so that he doesn't fry. I love him.

Something in the Pokedex entry mentioned something about being born deep underground, and that made me think of root vegetables for some reason. Sure is a cutie, though.

This is Doremi. He isn't real. I still love him, though.

Well would you look at that? Yet ANOTHER shiny Pokemon that I will not get to use. I really have caught more shiny Pokemon in this run than in all my other runs combined. I suppose that could be a side effect of training so many Pokemon up, or something? Also yeah, he is named Doremi because he is sort of gold and I thought of El Dorado.

Oh, hello Digit! Did you enjoy your long vacation with Joni? I hope she treated you well and didn't feed you too many sweets. You are looking quite a bit rounder than you did when I last saw you.

And I suppose that means I must saw good bye to Twisted, what a pleasant lad, though I never really spoke with him because I didn't have the time to hang out. Busy busy busy.

Yep, it is true. Another time another part where things just sort of go out of control. Totally wasn't expecting that stupid reference to take over the entire thing, and I am still very tired, thank you for noticing. I'll sleep this weekend, I promise. As is always the case, I have no clue where any of this is going or why, and I think that the longer it goes on the more clear that probably becomes. I mean, talk about an unsatisfying conclusion to the clashes with May, am I right? Oh well. It is what it is, and what it is is a half-baked story with no forethought. I wonder how much my ripping down of my own writing ends up damaging it even more for the reader? Is it fine, or even enjoyable, and then I call it out as shoddy and the quality it appeared to be ends up shifting to match that critique? That wouldn't be great, because I would very much like for people to enjoy some part of these in some small way, so I should maybe try to make an effort to stop talking trash about them all the time. It's probably annoying, too.

Anyways, I caught a Magnemite, Exeggcute, and Larvitar.

Brad kicked May's butt and parted ways... for good?

A mysterious town with a malicious miasma attracts Brad and pulls him toward his demise, but something is able to help pull him out of the stink before it is too late.

Brad is trying so hard to understand what is going on and learn to combat it.

His name is Brad.

And this may all be too much for him

Episode 1: A Prelude to Total Victory
Episode 2: The Chasing of a Dream
Episode 3: Tomorrow May Come
Episode 4: A Sea of Stars
Episode 5: A Retort and a Half
Episode 6: Beyond the Need for Kings
Episode 7: Flash in the Pan
Episode 8: Godspeed
Episode 9: Do You Remember That Day, One Year Ago?
Episode 10: Fade into the Ether
Episode 11: The Flames of Rebellion
Episode 12: Screams of the Damned
Episode 13: Together We Could Fly
Episode 14: Pieces of You
Episode 15: A Fractured Heart
Episode 16: The Verge of Collapse

Last edited:
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
sleep? i'd rather not

pretty useful mon here. she thicc

i concur wholeheartedly

gee thanks for letting me know

route 121 catch. i blame shup for this

unfortunately he's not my real dad

my initial thoughts with the may battles has generally been "wow this was easy". boy was i wrong for this one

started really easy, got hardcore parahax with dragonbreath though

ice beam milotic is very scary

another freebie

i really overestimated marowak's bulk

and this pulled tbolt outta nowhere and scared the shit out of me

not even close baby

ok so maybe it was a little bit close

i never really thought about it, but the whole arc with may in this game is that you beat her so hard she just gives up on being a battler and goes home to do something else

S H O P P I N G

think i'm the only one in this game that actually wanted a contest challenge

still get a catch for the city though!

i have too many grass types to actually make use of this one

WAAAAAAAAAH

i didn't take screenshots of it, but i made approximately one billion pokeblocks for this challenge

here's a little teaser for my safari zone challenge. first catch, too! probably not gonna use it though

no heart, unfortunately

this screenshot marks the end of an update and the beginning of naptime

MarkedInStone

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This POKéMON is struggling to figure out what interesting stuff he can put into his Pokédex entry.
this was a mess

so guess who lost their screenshots of their encounters? they're in limbo atm

that says limbo. trust me, it does

not this one. oddish is fine.

now, here's the problem with naming after songs. you end up naming a radish after a deeply personal song about her daughter that she had to put up for adoption when she was still a poor folk musician in toronto. this is from wikipedia, but you get the point.

brendan isn't here today, so i'm just going to put this here

also what time is it? it's bread o'clock

he back!!!
he need grinding.
later

GoodMorningCrono

The Real Sports Adamin
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Sports is NOT down, it's your internet

sorry to disappoint any fans who enjoyed my video edits, I didn't really feel motivated to put a lot of effort in for this since I don't expect to be here anymore after tomorrow

Lilycove City Catch

wow another joke dark type

Route 121 Catch

my second encounter was an Eevee I hate this game at this point
or even a duskull would have been nice, I would have really liked to use my boy dusclops

Safari Zone:

yeah thanks for putting a bunch of evolved pokemon in the safari zone throwing balls at them endlessly with no real chance to succeed is fun

cruel Arceus why do you mock me

answer me you fucking coward

tune in to tribal council to see everyone vote me off thanks bye

actually it occurs to me that this is the last chance I'll have to do this so

congrats Rhydon you made it

it doesn't really matter but a few of my pokemon made it to 44 anyways so I figure I can show them off

and also the claydol, claydol was a favorite of mine in gen 3 and it is cool that I traded it away and then it came back later. that was a cool and fun thing.

Shup

what a memory
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Congrats to Zealous for winning immunity! The Zandaka Tribe just finished the tenth Tribal Council of the season.
Snake.
CHECKPOINT #14 - Mt. Pyre
Goal: Reach the top of Mt. Pyre.
Level Cap: 46
Catches: Route 122, Route 123, Mt. Pyre
Checkpoint Deadline: Monday, June 29th at 12:00 PM EST (~46 hours from now)
Check-In Limit: 9
Required Teamshots: N/A
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHALLENGE #14 - Contest Challenge
Immunity + Reward

Description:
For this challenge, players will have 1 hour of in-game time to compete in Lilycove City contests, so this is another one you'll have to unbind your turbo key for. You'll score a point for each ribbon you earn, and you'll score bonus points for each unique category you complete (tough, cool, beauty, etc.). You must use the same team of six Pokemon throughout the entire challenge. The player who scores the most points wins.

For this challenge, you must provide the following screenshots:
- Your in-game time before beginning the challenge
- The team of six Pokemon you'll be using in the contests
- Your in-game time after one hour (the end of the challenge)

It is recommended that you keep a separate timer on hand so you don't accidentally go past the hour time limit. You will lose points for going longer than you're supposed to.

Deadline: Same as checkpoint. Post results in submissions.

Reward: Individual Immunity, and the choice of 5 types of berries (in quantities of 10).

Good luck!

Last edited:

greenchu

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
more of my usual jokes are in the spoilers below. except there are fewer jokes than usual because i'm lazy like wattson.

First things first we must exterminate all of these vermin who did not help me win the previous challenge. Besides the Oddish, I guess.

Tim Hentai, founder and CEO of Hentai and Tentacle Porn.

Mt. Pyre catch. I was gonna name any ghost I caught there "meme" because it'd a dead meme. And this Duskull is now dead so it literally is a dead meme.

This is a major violation of property code law. Brad (short for Bradward. Middle name Justice) should report you to OSHA.

Bro you don't even need to do that to make her fall for you, all you have to do is push her down one of the holes here! It's much easier.

Did he just say what I think he said?

Yes, he did.

You want to see something really dreadful? Check out how I do in this contest challenge. 😉

I have obtained the Fire Emblem and can now kill the final boss, or something.
Once again because there's not a battle I'm too lazy to grind up Pokemon so gander upon my @crapple tree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)