• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke Survivor: Hoenn - Official Thread

GoodMorningCrono

The Real Sports Adamin
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Sports is NOT down, it's your internet
every day I wish for death but find no solace

ez

Route 105 Catch:

My first encounter a was a dupe Dratini, and I am pretty glad it was because woo look at this boi
You'll see later in the update but it's Timid too. Good boi.

Route 107 Catch:

I didn't even intend to fucking encounter this I thought I was on Route 108 wtf

This is why I skipped fishing earlier this shit is useless

and it breaks out of like 10 balls

great into the box you go

Route 106 Catch since we might as well now:

wow amazing

I attempted to catch a Walrein in the abandoned ship but it got crit and died so RIP

I feel really sad and don't want to play anymore right now so I'm just going to check in

SnakeWrangler

Sorceress's Knight
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison

boy it sure is nice that everyone on my team is OK and absolutely nothing bad happened to them that last checkpoint

:)

this fight was still a bitch tho

haha sex joke

alright magic 8 ball of fishing encounters what have you for me today

"My reply is no"

my second encounter was a kingdra

oh well

DOOPS CLAUSE

rocks rock

which hot girl from Kantai Collection is this

neat

did you know that XY move filters won't let you name a pokemon "Basement"

if you can't see why try again when you're older

speaking of, rats in the basement

man I miss generator rex

Neat

power up

anyway I traded my rox for this load of bullshit and also got some berries from the game corner

Quvar

Lesser Urban Legend
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Well this is it and it is time. I'm not going to sit here and lament my silly personal tragedies, aside from the one small one that is I have to be swift with this update due to having to make dinner and leave for work in the next couple hours, so I don't have time to meander along and waste precious moments. I'm wracked with anxiety and terror, hopefully this update can survive despite that.

I found myself standing before Norman, but it felt like an eternity had passed in between stepping into this room and this very moment. Or at the very least a few days had passed. In that split second upon entering this room, in the instant that I stepped forward, approaching him, the unknown quantity who claimed to be my father, my mind went blank. My consciousness dipped, and I found myself falling down down down into a dark abyss, falling, hoping for an end to the torment, I fell until the darkness ceased suddenly and without warning.

I was surrounded by a bright light, and I was no longer falling. I floated in the air, but was it air? It was thick, but I could feel the pressure pushing down on me, but there was no texture, no tactile sensation to go along with it. I felt it, but I don't know what it was that I felt. I was blinded by the light, or perhaps there was nothing to see but the light. I desperately tried to claw my way out of this oppressive sensation, I tried to SCREAM but no sound could escape.

And neither could I.

The pressure was mounting, building, and I felt like I was going to pop. My limbs grew heavier and heavier and I floated there above the ground, was there even ground? My body felt trapped, stuck in place despite the force of gravity or some otherworldly power trying to pull me, drag me down into nothingness. I was being torn apart.

And then it stopped.

The light blurred, the pressure lifted, and a scene emerged before my eyes. I had a premonition.

I saw myself, I recognized my camera, but I wasn't there. It was me, but not me, as I was there, but also here. And standing across from the me that was not me stood the father that was not my father. Norman.

I heard myself speak, but the voice was distant, muffled. I heard myself speaking to Norman, challenging him. False bravado emanating from the words I could barely make out challenging him taunting him, but I could hear it, I could feel it, there was a quivering fear lying underneath the brashness. A fear of what this battle could be, a fear of what the world and this strange person had in store for me. I have tried so hard lately to break beyond the boundaries of my paranoia, my delusions, but the fear remains and slowly builds underneath the surface as these incidents keep occurring. And there before me stood one of the first to push against my perspective of reality.

The man who claimed to be my father. But surely he wasn't... I would know my father, wouldn't I? I know him, and my mother, I have memories of a lifetime together and those can't be false they must be REAL... right?

I had a premonition. I saw each of the friends I had brought with me to face this challenge, supporting each other, growing together, our time invaluable in this competition built on trying to crush the spirits of its participants. Amidst all of that, my friends and I thrived. We loved, we shared joy, we laughed and cried together, and they were there for me as my psyche was cracked over and over, when I wasn't strong, they kept supporting me and urging me on.

I had a premonition. I watched as each of those precious friends fell. I watched as they were struck down, one after the other, scrambling for a shred of hope, reaching out toward me but I could do NOTHING for them. I still couldn't move. I was frozen. I watched as my friends all collapsed, and Norman laughed.

I had a premonition.

And then I broke free from the reverie, and once more I found myself standing in Norman's gym, my step forward completing as I approached him.

Hello Norman.

I said the words but they didn't feel like mine. The premonition was still holding fast in my mind. Was this the end?

No.

I refuse.

I will NOT be cowed by this behavior, or these illusions.

This was a weird one, maybe. Enough of Brad's internal monologue. He will be back to speaking all of his thoughts out loud now.

My name is Brad. It is short for Bradward. I was named after my great great grandpappy by my REAL mother and father.

You're not even my real dad! Why are you doing this? What are you gaining from this? Is this just to feed into your sick fantasies? Is there actually some sort of conspiracy to destroy my identity or accomplish some sort of occult ritual? Tell me the truth!

You're insane. I give up. I'm not going to learn anything from you, that much is clear.

So maybe it is about time you learned something from me.

Oh hey, hi, hello there, it is me, one of the Important Battle Asides that is usually completely out of character but sometimes not? I don't know what I'm doing, so neither should you, I suppose. Short checkpoint, right, hosts?!?!?!

Alright, I crumbled the last time I fought this guy, but I have a plan and a hope for this time. AI can't touch me. Maybe. My comeuppance is surely coming. Using the same team, but without all the Sitrus Berries because I had to toss most of them and also I can use potions now. I also have an altered strategy. Let's see how this plays out. I mean, I know already, and so do most of you, probably, but we can play along.

Leading with Miku again, because I expect this battle to not be as difficult and Miku is a big strong girl who can Intimidate this birb and help us to set up our future. Easy peasy, just pump some X Attacks into her, no trobble at all.

Rude. So very rude. Between being Frozen for like ten turns and being Taunted over and over, this took a long long time. Had to use several Super Potions to keep her in the game.

And finally the ice thawed, and I could Pass the Baton to Pickles. It is her time to shine. Be the Pickles you always could be, and destroy the patriarchy! Redeem yourself!

Dedt. No chance to crit this time, jerk. Pickles too fast.

Sleep 4ever chump.

It takes two to tango, friend, and we're not dancing today.

Thanks for the food, but I didn't even need the crit this time. Also thank you for Body Slamming Pickles twice, paralyzing each time making me use the two Full Restores I had from Pickup to keep her alive and free to move.

Easy peasy, LEMON SQUEEZY, Pickles sweep.

picklewse

Do you have nothing to say for yourself? No excuses, no explanations? You've been tormenting me, stalking me, watching me, threatening my friends, and you have nothing? No explanations for yourself or the people you may or may not be working with or for? All eyes on you, bud, camera's rolling.

What? What do you mean? Don't clam up! I can see the light in your eyes, the clarity they were dead before dull and lifeless, tell me! Were you possessed, being controlled, is it the seven heavenly kings, the shadow council, what is the truth?!

I... what is this? Why are you crying? What is this blank piece of paper?

WHOA! H-hey there. Wally's dad, right? My name is actually Brad.

Seems a bit sketchy, but everything on this abandoned island has been, honestly, so sure, why not.

I don't belong to him. He also seems to be staring off into space right now. No emotions, blank expression. It may be best to leave him be for the time being.

What? Freeing you from the tyrannical regime of a maniac in maroon? I mean, I'm glad I could help, but honestly I was just doing it for myself. And also because it was demanded of me by the hosts of this show.

Oh! Wally, right! Of course. I wonder how he is getting along. He was a little out of it when we last spoke, but yeah! He is a good lad, and I think a good friend? He's a little weird, but I'm not going to judge too harshly.

Okay thanks, but why are you pouring so much water into my pockets? I have a lot of stuff in there and I also don't think damp pants are the way I want to live the rest of my life. But sure, thanks. I definitely won't see this as a bribe. Wait... what would you be bribing me for? I'm just a cameraman. You... aren't expecting me to be the vessel for some otherworldly entity and want to earn my favor, right? Of course not.

That would be silly.

Sorry, ma'am, but I am not interested in participating in any WIFECRIMES. I'd only be interested if it were a consensual loving arrangement between all parties.

I wonder if Mr. and Mrs. Briney will be safe now that Norman is subdued...

Are you trying to imprint yourself in my cognition as my real mother? What is it with you people. Please, I'm just trying to do my job and also participate in Nuzlocke Survivor: Hoenn, airing every Wednesday night at 8:00 p.m. ET on CBS.

I... while it is still very creepy and frightening that you're pretending to be my mom despite all of my objections, that is a kind sentiment. It would be nice if I could just escape from all this stress and confusion and just go home, in a way. I have been pushing for so long... I've reached my breaking point again and again, within a finger's breadth of touching it, and then I pull myself back from the brink just barely. Enough to keep pushing a little bit longer. I don't know how long I can last. Living on the edge. On the verge of breaking down.

It's hard...

But I have to keep going. I have a contractual obligation to keep marching on. Two contractual obligations, actually. I can't give up, I can never surrender. Even while I dip my toes into the waters of desperation and distress, I have to hold on to the shore so I don't get carried away into the riptide.

Unbreakable. I have to tell myself that, again and again. I have to repeat it. I have to convince myself...

Sorry, Fake Mom, I didn't mean to drop all of that on you. I'd love to rest, but I really have to get going.

Like, legitimately, I have only a little over an hour left before I have to go to work now. No time to dilly dally. Why am I doing this to myself?

May as well go swimming to wash away some of these worries, Fight a few people, maybe. Not everyone though, because montages are so passé.

And also we need to skip some of these screenshots so I... we can finish this in a timely manner.

That's right wait who said that

Grrruwwnnn.... sorry, I'm a sympathetic groaner, and I'm also in extreme emotional and mental pain and distress. My name is Brad, by the way. How are you?

I appreciate your support, small child, but I am actually very very weak. I'm leading a very difficult life right now, and I'm being crushed by the reality of expectations and responsibility. You'll get there someday, too. I want you to be stronger than me, though, okay? And maybe it will be a bit easier if you aren't being haunted by malicious forces of darkness trying to consume your soul or whatever it is that is after me. Ah, wait, I hope I'm not scaring you!

Just don't look under your bed.

Hyaaaaugh! Wow! You're right, you are just chiseled out of marble, aren't you? Hello, my name is Brad. It's short for Bradward. Do you want to be friends?

Iiiiiyah'll take that as a yes. Thanks! Amidst the maelstrom of chaos that is my life right now, it is nice to be able to continue progress on my goal of making 100 friends.

Always wear sunscreen, you have to protect yourself and your skin! It's more than just fighting against sunburn. That being said, no, I'm not. We aren't provided with the supplies we would need for luxuries like protecting ourselves. The show-runners are sadistic. But I love them and my job, yes I do! Ha ha... heh.....

If he hates you for that little misstep then, I don't want to wedge myself into your private matters, but I don't think that would be a very healthy relationship. You should support each other, build yourselves up and don't knock yourselves down, buttercup. Helping carry each other through the hard times, not dropping the moment you hit a snag in the road. It isn't all going to be easy. nothing worth doing ever is, as they say. But love IS worth it. What is love? That's a question for another day. I have to go now, but take care of yourself, alright? Don't get stuck in an unhealthy relationship. You're worth more than that.

I think I may as well go get a new friend now. All that talk of supporting each other has me eager to continue to build my circle of support. We're all there for each other. The rocks, as it is. Grounded, safe places.

This is Cynthia. She is our rock. She is reliable and always willing to lend an ear to our troubles. I didn't think this would be so literal. I love her.

There was a pretty wild train of thought leading to this name. Geodude, rock, papa was a rolling stone, the Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil, sympy, Sympia, Cynthia, perfect, brilliant, makes total sense. Nailed it.

Seven heavenly seas? Are they each ruled by one of the... okay, sorry, I swear I'm not a raving lunatic, I've just been thinking a lot lately about some... silly things. Follow your dream, my man! Go out there, travel the world, and swim to your heart's content. I believe in you!

I don't understand? Why is he a liar for saying that, or is he just a liar in general so you can't trust anything he says? You know, I had a short conversation with someone earlier about healthy relationships, and while I am no expert, I think trust is one of the key foundations to building something beautiful. And don't worry, you do look great!

I mean, I'm not lying, and I can't speak for your boyfriend, but you should try and have a little more confidence in yourself. Don't worry so much about what other people are saying. Though, I must admit, I do get where you're coming from. Even if it is difficult to fully trust that people are being honest with you, it is very nice to be complimented. That little rush of encouragement, even though it can fade quickly, it is so very appreciated. Anyways, speaking of rush, I really have to be going. Take care! I hope that you find happiness, in whatever form that may take.

I don't know if you're referring to yourself or Homura, but I think you're both adorable. There is a lot of low self-esteem going around these waters, isn't there? I'm falling to it myself a bit, but seeing other people suffering hurts me more. Chin up, beautiful.

That's right, let it all out. Brad is here. Brad is here for you. Yeah, it's okay. Were you in the original Kirisame Tribe?

That actually can help a lot! It is a big release of emotion, regardless of the reason. It's one of those things where it can really be frowned upon by society, but the action can be so freeing.

I knew a guy at work a few years back, he's retired now, that gave that advice in perhaps fewer words. The basic idea is, sometimes you just have to yell, or scream. Then he would ball up his fists and let out a little squeaky, raspy, and honestly not-much-louder-than-his-normal-speaking-voice shout. It was funny, but it really can help sometimes.

I'm going to need to swim for days, but it really can help. Full body exercise, or just relaxing surrounded by the damp embrace of the vast ocean. Comforting, sometimes. I'm glad it works for you! I don't have time right now, I'm on the clock!

Oh... hello, Wattson. Long time no see. I hope that you have been living a healthy life, free from the shackles of the unconfirmed evil that may have been hanging over your head. My name is Brad, by the way. Your accent is pretty strong.

I mean, you caused me no small share of grief, but if you really have turned over a new leaf then I am more than willing to help. I have a lot going on right now, but rehabilitation and reintegration into society for ne'er-do-wells is an important part of being a cameraman. Or something. What's up?

Even just existing is a challenge at this moment. But sure, you want me to shut off a generator that is pumping out waves of bad energy into the world. I can do that. Maybe I can switch it over t positivity? Is that how any of this works? Am I just misunderstanding all of it? No matter, I'll get something done one way or another.

Well, I'm happy to have earned your trust and respect from our battle! I suppose I may as well accept it and return it in kind. Hawahahahawahaaa!

I should go.

This is Digit. They are cute and sweet and always willing to fix my electronics when they are going haywire. I love them.

The game is mocking me. I had Hamtaro out when I encountered it, too! I thought about naming it Periwinkle when I caught it, the pink and blue colors making me think of combining them and possibly ending up with that, though also just memories of Blue's Clues, frankly. Instead I dug deeper, and they are named after the cyber bird that helped out all the kids in that PBS show, Cyberchase. My little brother used to watch that all the time. I had to look up what it was called. Did you know the villain was just named Hacker? Hacker! Anyways I am seriously running short on time, no joke.

Wow, how quick and uneventful totally because nothing happened and not just because we are rushing through the end of this checkpoint!

I know, I know, there is supposed to be some sort of narrative or joke or something, probably, but I really don't have the time for this and I already wasted so much time earlier it just needs to get done.

Wait, that's my job.

Shut up, we're moving on.

Huh?

Name's Brad. Ask me for help any time, I'm almost always willing to lend a hand! Anyways, must be going, have to get to an Abandoned Ship and skip another twenty to fifty screenshots.

What's happening.

Why are you shoving this dog superhero DVD into my pocket.

Okay, thanks.

This is Nausicaa. She is a bit cranky, but she is very protective of her friends and just doesn't always know how to express herself. I love her.

Ha ha get is, Nausicaa totally sounds just like Cascoon... right?

I would join you in your poetry, but I'm afraid the clock is ticking. Maybe later? We can have a little poetry jam together, out here in the middle of nowhere surrounded by the ocean air and without a single care other than catching each other's stare. Call me.

It is a nice idea, isn't it? Knowing that people enjoy your company? I really do, you really are, but I'm really late.

It's not you it's meeeee!

I have many rocks in my pocks, but somehow I don't think that is what you are talks... ing about.

Yeah I had little ideas for a lot of these screenshots but boy is keeping this schedule super tough and I have to make many concessions. I'm sure some of you appreciate the brevity that comes with this panic, though. I'm long-winded.

It's nice to have hobbies and interested. Wait, did you say rock or rack? Have some decency, man.

The eldritch secrets of the depths, of course... all answers lie at the bottom of the sea. No time to explore this surely unimportant tangent, though, gotta jet!

Why is the sky red?

Wait. Why IS the sky red? What's going on? Eh... it's... probably not important? Got a schedule to keep, no time to dwell on totally banal things like that.

Oh, you. I would absolutely have loved to sit here and contemplate the beauties of the heart and dreams with you for a time, but I must be going. Alas, the sacrifices that must be made to meet deadlines.

Phew. Finally made it. Onward!

Boy, I really am blasting through a ton of screenshots and opportunities for dialogue or monologues. Oh well, perhaps this is for the best?

You too, huh? Fake moms must be in season. I am not at all your mom, but if you need a friend I can be there for you. Not right now, though. Right now you're on your own. Deuces!

Uuuuerrg... please... don't.

Ah, a mystery, a curiosity, surely something that I would normally explore the meaning of if I weren't in such a rush! Another day, another time, another way to find another rhyme. I'll explore the depths of this conspiracy and this mysterious man probably never, because continuity is illegal.

This is Dahlia. She has a great love for botany and flower arrangement and always makes bouquets tailored specifically to the person she is giving them to or providing them for. Really interested in the language of flowers, she is. I love her.

What were you doing in the water?

I can't read this.

I hope you enjoyed your stay! You will be missed here, but I know that you were missed even more by moo!

That... that's it. That is all I have this time because this whole update and my entire life is in shambles. I'll pull it together some day.

And would you look at that, Louis is back from his trip abroad, teaching moo how to make crepes!

Oh wow, this update is another in a series of huge messes. I'm sorry that I can't provide any sort of quality content for you, and even when I fail to do that I can't provide a concise bit either. Brevity is the soul of wit, and I have proven myself these last several weeks to truly be witless.

Anyways, I caught a Geodude, a Porygon, a Cascoon, and a Houndoom.

Brad faced one of his biggest nemeses to date in Norman, his fake dad, and crushed him.

Really a protagonist, huh?

Anyways, I didn't even have time to level up all of my Pokemon. A short, comparative to the past, update with little worthwhile content. Though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess, and I am just swamped with negativity at the moment and I need to get ready to go now. Never stop never stopping, until it is done.

I'm tired.

Thank you for any support you have given me. It is all very appreciated, and every tiny morsel of encouragement helps to keep me moving day to day.

I love you, and I am very thankful for you.

Have a beautiful night.

Episode 1: A Prelude to Total Victory
Episode 2: The Chasing of a Dream
Episode 3: Tomorrow May Come
Episode 4: A Sea of Stars
Episode 5: A Retort and a Half
Episode 6: Beyond the Need for Kings
Episode 7: Flash in the Pan
Episode 8: Godspeed
Episode 9: Do You Remember That Day, One Year Ago?
Episode 10: Fade into the Ether
Episode 11: The Flames of Rebellion
Episode 12: Screams of the Damned
Episode 13: Together We Could Fly
Episode 14: Pieces of You
Episode 15: A Fractured Heart
Episode 16: The Verge of Collapse

Last edited:

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Oh wow, this update is another in a series of huge messes. I'm sorry that I can't provide any sort of quality content for you, and even when I fail to do that I can't provide a concise bit either. Brevity is the soul of wit, and I have proven myself these last several weeks to truly be witless.
No, dude, your purple prose is awesome! I love reading the adventured of BREAD!

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
i got distracted and took way too long to actually update

BEWARE, SHE LIVES

anyway, time to beat norman but easier

this worked eventually to get the dodrio to -6, but it took forever

then here's a quick summary of how i dealt with the rest. immediately after this, i gave louis back to q as a reward

my reward: a move to put on my starter

teamshot enclosed

YOHOHO

i was ecstatic with this, but i'll tell ya, i got a little less happy when it had a timid nature

don't let me into my zone

MORE

this is literally the best jynx ever

THAT GIRL IS POISON

bote

cate

somewhat disappointed in this one but considering how good the other two were, i'm cool with it

i just bought one of these, and it was specifically because i thought i needed dive to get this

hey another shiny

note: it immediately roared me away

now for an electric type, finally (PLEASE)

wish granted!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL

see now i can get the tm i actually sorta wanted

and finally, some evolutions, varying wildly in actual usefulness

Zealous Zweilouss

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 23, 2020
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
EDIT: Per popular request. I postED the auction prizes. :)

Don't worry everyone. For $10,000, I have ascended to the power of HOST?!?!?!

CHECKPOINT #11: Weather Institute

Goal: Defeat NormanShelly at the Weather Institute.

Level Cap: 40

Catches: Route 115, Route 118, Route 119

Checkpoint Deadline: Friday, June 20th at 11:59 PM EST (~48 (46.5 due to me) hours from now)

Check-In Limit: 9 Required

Teamshots: N/A, but feel free to show one anyway, for me.

CHALLENGE #11: Touchy Subjects

Individual Immunity + Reward Description: Here's a classic, it's time to test and or crapshoot to see how well you know your fellow tribemates after being on mostly opposite tribes for 3 weeks! The challenge is made up of two parts. For the first part, you'll all have to answer 20 questions. The only answers you are allowed to give are the names of the other players in the tribe, as well as your newest host: Zealous. Answer each question with the name of the person who you think best applies. For ROUND 1 ONLY, you may not put yourself as an answer. Then, for the second part, everyone will answer each question again, but instead of answering with your opinion, you are trying to guess what the most popular answer is. For Round 2, you CAN put yourself as an answer. For example, if the question was "Who is the best Host", in the form I would put "Brody" because that is my personal opinion on who is the best answer for that question, but when answering for the most popular I might put "Matty" because I think that's what the majority of people would have put as a strategy to annoy Shup. The player who gets the most correct answers will win individual immunity.

And for the record: Do not conspire to share answers to know what the majority is going into round 2, or until after the challenge for that matter. We saw what happened in the cycling road. Just like how I saw the hex maniac under the bridge (I didn't see them). Don't make me grow a third head.

Reward:
Individual Immunity at the next tribal council, 1 Move Coin, and a potentially sincere congratulations from me.

See you all in a few days.

Last edited:

very large marf

very strong
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
this post will anger people

hey look at my big based boy from my egg :)

route 115 catch (it's a ghost)

time to swim across the ocean?

the game

crashing this nuzvivor hoe

with a big guy

this route has a lot of bugs

this is an example of a bug

the building with no weather

why do team aqua and magma have the worst team variety

they only use poochyena, zubat and numel/carvanha

even team rocket is better than that

free mystic water

i didn't wanna finish grinding these two because i don't know how to use proper spelling

11wildy

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Yay for update >_>

So since I didn't have time to play until today, I will combine the 2 checkpoints in this update!

Norman kept paralysing with every Body Slam goddamn. This wasn't as scary as it looks, just that the last Pokemon out (Claydol) took a critical hit on the last turn before killing the freaking Miltank.

So I heard the sea had good stuff if you went fishing. Of course I get it perfectly to red when the catch doesn't matter at all!

Caught it because I can

TRUE POWER INCOMING! One of my many Psychics. Maybe I should change my trainer class

It took me too long to realise I could get an encounter here as well

Firstly misspelled as: "Moew"

I don't know why this screenshot is here, but I made it, so here you have it.

More catches, these on the way to the weather institute!

Does Castform count as a seperate encounter or can I not use it? Not that it matters but I would like to know regardless!

And then I started singing.

Hey it's looking a little less trashy than before! Sadly, half of it is Psychic-type. That's too little

Last edited:

greenchu

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
these are words outside of the spoiler boxes

Doggone it.

Gabby and Ty are shigs, answer THIS if you agree.

"I'm that guy you met in the cave" is probably in the top 5 of the creepiest ways for you to introduce yourself to someone.

Oh no, now he's Trumpposting.

Remember that one update where I said I was gonna make a Karen quote joke in every subsequent update? Yeah I lied.

First a cave, then in a grassy field near the woods... Where next, the dumpster behind Denny's?

Hey this encounter wasn't edited. @HOST?!?!?!?!?!

Tropius is actually based on an @crapple tree, not a banana tree.

Luckily, my @crapple tree bore fruit and I harvested 6 crapples to abuse.

This is really funny to me if you read the word BIKE as him just randomly shouting it like Tom Segura in that video I posted I posted awhile ago.

"Attracted by the light in the darkness" is a strangely poetic line for a Pokedex entry.

Like imagine if the dex entry for Raichu was:

Shall I compare thy electric charges to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and can reach even 100,000 volts.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And careless contact can cause even an Indian elephant to faint.

My headcanon is that this was the father of Wildy's secret Venonat egg to start the game.

No relation to the Dr. of the same name.

I wore underwear but still shit myself with alarming frequency as a child.

Wait I just realized I'm in this route and there's no rain. WHERE DID THE RAIN GO

@HOST?!?!?!?!?!

Trading this back to Snake for my bull. I guess you could say I helped Snake get his Rox off?

Actually please don't say that, that's disgusting.

Gee Kesha, your @HOST?!?!?!?!?! let you have 2 trades in one update? This was my wonder trade result, which ended up being my Girafarig for Marco's Machamp. Normally I'm a fan of Machamp, but now that means I have 3 solid fighting-types in Hitmonlee, Primeape, and Machamp. 4 if you count Combusken/Blaziken when I stop being lazy and train that up.

Giraffes were never real anyway.

Whale I'll be damned.

Does Shelley want to fight me or fuck me?

seasonal depression

SnakeWrangler

Sorceress's Knight
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison

Kesha and I re-enacted the 2004 election

no points if you guessed this is what I would revive

hey we can finally get shit on this route

not quite what I meant when I said get shit but

it's evolved so it gets CAPS

I think fishing is broken here :(

accurate summation of how I feel about the fishing being broke

why are you here

240 smonk am I right gamers

man this place is depressing without berries

anyway, grass

at least I can get points in the scavenger hunt now

my reaction to my catches this update

not my reaction to my catches this update

not necessary to show but I felt like it

#BlessEm

GoodMorningCrono

The Real Sports Adamin
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Sports is NOT down, it's your internet
time for another update from cronko. I'm feeling a little better today though so I'll try to not be as depressing as the first post on this page which, uh...yeah, sorry about that being the caption for everyone's updates now. :innuendo:

what the fuck

we're breaking into electricity prison to quell the inmate uprising

New Mauville catch:

I hate this pokemon so fucking much I would rather kill it than have it even sitting in my box. This is why I traded for Pichu earlier because I knew damn well that I would run into some dumbass shit like this in the one place where you can get a decent electric type. suck my dick electrike.

Big red button goes click

Hey I strongly suspect that you are better equipped to deal with life than me based on the fact that you are rich and seem to have less problems ,may I have some advice in these difficult times kind sir

Truly, this man is one of the greatest visionaries of our era.

Route 118 catch:

Okay so this is actually fucking TERRIFYING because this thing just used Belly Drum, and has Leftovers, I actually lowkey fear that I might lose something trying to catch this because it's going to be so hard

I ended up cutting my losses by bringing in Exeggutor that it couldn't KO even with a crit and using Leech Seed to negate the Leftovers recovery. This did put a ~10 turn timer on my ability to catch it, but I would rather not start losing shit to this Snorlax.

we get lucky when we need to

haha fucking jk it's a Timid snorlax. useless garbage. never lucky even once

lorf

Route 119 catch:

It used whirlwind turn 1. We get nothing.

yeah this is what it felt like waking up on saturdays as a kid except there was no upstairs and everyone just abandoned me to go have fun

Looking back on it my attraction to toxic individuals probably started here

In case there was any doubt whatsoever my level 39 Donphan was more than enough to sweep this team of 2 pokemon. @Zealous Zweilouss this is for you anyways bud

Anyways this technically ends the update but now that we've made it to Route 119 territory there is at least one more thing I wanted to do. I surfed down the river and put my secret base in the world finally. This isn't exactly where I usually put it in this route, but not having Waterfall makes that impossible and I'm not going to be arrogant enough to presume I'll be able to come back one day to put it in the preferred location, so this does for now.

There. Now, even if we die tomorrow somehow, we have left our mark on the world of Nuzvivor Hoenn. No one can take that away from us. except anyone else who has ever built their secret base here and builds it over us because of how dumb gen 3 secret base mechanics are lol

Ah yes also this

and helping wildy trade alakazam/machamp yaay I don't really care about machamp tbf

Sandwichface

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 19, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
the biggest dude in history
it's raining sideways

hey what's up
catch time once again

behold, e g g

plant kaiju from ultraman leo
it's egg-shaped, ok

c a t c h

BIG BUG AHHHHHHHH

insect kaiju from return of ultraman
should be "king maimai", but it didn't fit

hey team aqua:

get out

that means you too, idiot

oh right
there's plot in this game

here's a shitmon for your troubles
bye!

flying amorphous kaiju from ultra q

we're not done yet

we've got one more c a t c h

alien kaijin from ultra q

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be
By spending 10,000 virtual currencies at the casino for the previous challenge, I have obtained the power of GOD

Starting to notice how so many Pokemon would have been a lot cooler to use if they could evolve.

Ohohohoho! Who took my credit card and bought the Ashen Wolves DLC?

This isn't even the law of equivalent exchange. Shup just killed the Good Rod NPC for fun.

Found a Grass type to make up for the Grass type slot that I have been sorely lacking for some time. We ignore the Lileep since it only has 60 BP Giga Drain

Ignatz?

More like Eggnatz

This is where I would put a photoshopped image of Exeggcute but with Ignatz heads if I had the time, energy and better talent with Photoshop

Oh it's a sporebug

I know that this was the bug route but did they have any wild Ledian or Ariados? I legitimately can't remember right now

What are all these birds doing here?

Hey this is an illegal catch but I'll take the free Mystic Water anyways.

oops

MarkedInStone

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This POKéMON is struggling to figure out what interesting stuff he can put into his Pokédex entry.
here ya go, my geodudes and geodudettes

named cactus tree

this one here? i forget its name.

this one is black crow. i ain't gettin a murkrow any time soon so i'm givin the name to sneasel.

it's usable stab on a gen 3 sneasel??? wowee

he's almost there! just two more level. he needs it

honestly not horrible. (regrets words)

this thing is not very good. i love chimecho but... sorry

until level 40 its STAB was rock tomb and bullet seed. now it's rock SLIDE and bullet seed. wonderful

the living embodiment of the b button

this sprite is intimidating af. tell me this thing doesn't look like it could rip your head off while foaming at the mouth. prince won't though. prince is a friend. except for when he disobeys me. hopefully won't happen ever again.

the OG ball guy

this is my machamp, kingpin. he's a very normal machamp that wasn't wonder traded off to kesha for a giraffe. just look at him. isn't that a wonderful machamp? i'm so glad i have a machamp.

Zealous Zweilouss

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 23, 2020
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Congrats Crono, I'm a host of my word.

I got a grass type! It has been 3,000 years!

Martin will be kept alive.

OH NO A CRIT

Bring in the Zapdog. Post battle screenshot.

That was fun.

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel

EVOLUTIONS YAAAAAAAAY

ROUTE 115 CATCH YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

SUPER TRASH YAAAAAAAAAAAY

LA-LA (LA-LA)

SHIT

tfw no surfing encounters

i agree

hell yeah i love publicity

UFUFUFUFUFU

hello caveman

anyway here's a route 118 catch

water stone where

10000 dollars to make this useful

stage 5: acceptance

this route only has bugs

fortunately i got the second worst one to go along with my beautifly

tonight, we dine in hell

i think i'm interrupting something here

forgot i needed this to fully explore route 119. shoutout redalchemist

but that's the checkpoint though

get outta the way i'm running late again

wow that's the first time in 50 years i've been called cute

you see, i'm no longer on red or blue tribe

NOW, WE ZANDAKA

hey that's not for like 4 checkpoints

you didn't have to do that!

you really didn't have to do that

Quvar

Lesser Urban Legend
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
I am once more on a big time crunch headed into a weekend with no time and a Tribal Council where I may not even be present. I believe they have a word for people like me. Anyways, depending on how this goes I may end up posting an "incomplete" update with just the necessary information to ensure I get in before the deadline, then finishing off whatever I have left before I run away to sleep.

Hello, audience, and good morning. You know, it has occurred to me that I don't actually have any confirmation that any of my footage is being used in the final broadcast. There are way more cameramen than just I, and a lot of my footage is very personal... that can make for good TV, right? That's why we have these confessional talks. Let you into my mind, see what I see. Quite literally in my case, considering I'm living my life mostly just looking through this camera lens. And even though I would like to ignore it, accept that it is surely just paranoia, there is always the lurking question of whether or not there is some sinister plot revolving around me. If there truly was, and the show-runners were involved in it as they seem to be, would they show that publicly? Should I even be questioning this out loud? They're going to be able to see all of this. Maybe that is part of their plan...

It's probably fine. No matter what, I'm sure that they see it as thrilling television. I don't have time to dawdle here; I'm already much too far behind, having stayed up almost all night to get started on learning the habits and routines of all of these new people considering we have all been mashed together into one sticky Tribe now.

Zandaka. Beautiful name, really.

Balance...

Sounds pleasant. Sounds like something I could really use more of lately.

sounds good

But for now we have been given a new task to complete, and everyone else has already ran off while I've sat here eating the this tangerine peel that I fished out of the garbage. What even is a tangerine? It certainly isn't fruit, right? Some sort of insect, perhaps? You know, I studied etymology under the tutelage of a specialist in the field for a couple of months just last year. I actually didn't learn much, because I was busy playing gacha games at the time and I didn't really retain any of the lectures that she had given me. I wonder what she is doing now? Prior to my leaving she had been experimenting on a way in which to exponentially increase the size of ants so that they could be used in construction or destruction efforts around the world. Oh well, no time to dwell on the past, I have to go check the weather!

Same, to be honest. Sometimes when you get all worked up, get caught up in your thoughts and you just need to get'cha get'cha get'cha head in the game going for a run or exercising to get those endorphins flowing can really help. Physically exhausting yourself can help to take some of the mental stress off of you, take your mind off of ruminations or unhealthy speculations.

Wow everybody in High School Musical looks like absolute babies. I never realized how small they were back in the day. How are you so SMALL?! Also shoutouts to the surprise German Version of High School Musical.

Me?! You! Us? I mean, I suppose, if you really want to...

Oh, no, I don't, actually. I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I'm afraid I don't think I will be able to share my True Love's Kiss with you to cure your inability to speak in full sentences. Sorry, friend! I'll try and come back to help you some day. I'll never forget you!

To this day, we still can't confirm whether or not Brad ever forgot him. We keep forgetting to ask.

What?

Nothing, it isn't important. You don't want to be late, do you?

Well, no, of course not. I should get going. Wait... what?

I am actually a somewhat capable vapable boy, as is my entire nation of friends! I'd also love to stay and chat with you, grandfather, but I'm afraid I'm on my way to do a weather check so I don't really have the time. I'm also not entirely comfortable with the way you're wriggling your fingers and waggling your eyebrows while you're looking at me. Please excuse me, I must go.

Yeah, thanks for licking your lips so fervently, really cool. You're not even wrong, though. Natural skill and luck (which is a skill in and of itself, really) do give someone an edge up, but ultimately if they don't hone those abilities they will very likely fall behind those who are putting in the time and effort to really improve themselves. An important thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn't compare what you are doing to what other people are, within reason. We all have different starting points, and our own challenges to overcome. The grass is always greener on the other side, and you certainly can't break it, but you have to recognize your own worth. Even if you don't see the entire value of what you are doing, if your judgment is clouded by your own self-doubt, other people can see you for who you are. Who you are is beautiful. Who you are is worthwhile. Who you are is a determined person that faces adversity and comes out the other side stronger than ever. Keep pushing, keep striving. Never give up. Never be game over.

Okay dude I can see how that may have been a bit misleading given our exchange so far, but that actually wasn't an invitation for you to grab at my pecs. I really have to go. Good luck with whatever you're trying to do, I guess. I'll talk to you later.

This is Polly. She wants a cracker to recognize their privilege and weaponize it to stand up for those less fortunate than them. She hates racial injustice. I love her.

I had a rather unique train of thought that led to this name when I caught her last night, but the reasoning escapes me now so I just went for the parrot thing.

And I remember you. You're that hokey "camera" man and the interviewer who punked me last time. I'm not falling for it this time. Now I'M going to interview YOU! How does it feel to be an extremely rude person and get away with it? Do you even remember my name?

Alright, sure, so what is it? What is my name?

Whoa now, way to just jump into it there. Why are you looking so smug? What are you planning to do with that?

No! I don't know what you two are playing at, but I'm not down for it. You're just going to try and get me talking about myself, my feelings, my family like how I was named after my great gr--

Verbal sigh. Okay, fine. I'll give you one more chance. I'm sorry that I was so prickly. While you did hurt me before, you didn't deserve that level of attack. I shouldn't have lashed out like that. Forgive and forget, right? So what did you want to ask?

Huh? What sort of interview is this? The only question you asked was whether or not I wanted to be interviewed. Is this like some sort of Eric Andre bit, or something?

Right. Good bye, then.

What the heckle was that all about? Oh well, the weather isn't going to wait for me, so I must hurry. Better keep trekking.

A lot of recipes aren't created with the individual in mind, so sometimes it is better to halve the recipe in order to end up with a more reasonable serving size, or more manageable leftovers. There are some ingredients that are difficult to reduce, though, without wasting a lot of it. Let me tell you, I have had to toss so many scraps of produce, and so many half-full cans of tomato paste! I mean, they're small cans so it isn't a whole lot, but even so!

Wait, were you speaking figuratively? Sorry, being on a totally abandoned island with no food or supplies makes me have food on the brain. Uh... give it your best effort if you can do so without overworking yourself, yeah? Sorry, I wasted too much time talking about tomato paste and I'm really in a hurry. Do your best! I believe in you! My name is Brad!

Interestingly enough, I am actually quite full right now and don't even really want to think about food! The dichotomy of Brad, as they say.

It's short for Bradward.

I literally just said my name. Hello, Stephen, how are you? Have you spoken with Devon recently? I often wonder about how he and the CORPORATION are doing.

I mean, I suppose so? I figured if you were being delivered secret letters from.... OH! Of course. My apologies, I shouldn't be speaking so openly. Foolish, foolish Bradward!

Oho? Are you approaching me and asking me out for a coffee date? I'm afraid I don't like coffee, much, but that's not really the point, is it? I'd love to. You have my number, so give me a call when you figure something out and I can let you know if it works with my filming schedule, alright? See you later, Steven!

What a nice boy. I think. He did call me BREAD, though... right? Trying not to worry about that. March on, march on, straight to April. You know, they often speak of April showers, and I am looking to check the weather. Perhaps it is a sign. What was the rest of the saying, though? April showers... bring...

This is Annabeth. She is extremely graceful normally and loves to dance but unfortunately gets two left feet when in front of people. I love her.

I did read the Percy Jackson books a long long time ago, and I always had a fondness for Annabeth. I really liked the name because it was rather unique and hit the ears in a pleasant way, though the soft note of Annabelle can be a little more comforting. As is the case for so many people, Greek mythology has always been rather fun to explore, whether in classic form, the youth adult novels like Percy Jackson or the... less youth more adult novels like The Dark Hunter series, which I could rant about, probably, but don't have the time for.

Having strength, power, whether individual or from unity can absolutely help to free people from the metaphorical shackles holding them back from success or happiness. It is important to remember that it isn't just your own personal strength, though. Leaning on others when you're not strong isn't a sign of weakness, it is a sign of understanding. Of human connection and the beauty that can come from it when we work together. Anyways, I really have to fly because I'm not strong enough to write this update quickly oops.

Stop doing that. This isn't how this is supposed to work.

You're not my dad, either.

This is Baki. He is so strong and fast, and is more amazing than I could have hoped I am so proud. I love him.

Yeah, loosely named after Baki the Grappler, a manga I haven't read but am very vaguely familiar with. A much better result than I could have expected, and retroactively makes me much happier to have Franklin and Nausicaa, considering I encountered a Parasect and Dustox first. Also makes up for the Snorlax, Chansey, Breloom, Poliwhirl, and TROPIUS that I missed out on in the previous route.

Oh? Are we marching together? I welcome your support. Together we are strong. Together we are one. Except I think you have to technically stay here in this grass, for some reason. Wait.. where did you go? Friend? FRIEND?!

I'm... sure he's fine. Let's just keep moving. I don't like it in here.

Okay rude. I was just thinking about how glad I was that we met, because you seemed like such a swell guy and I was hoping we could be friends. You see, my name is Brad. It's short for Bradward. Long story that I don't have time to recount, but I was named after my great great grandpappy. He was war. Anyways, I have this goal of making 100 friends, you see, and...

What's that? You wish we had never met, just so we could share this fleeting moment together again? That is actually really sweet. Yes, I'd love to be friends with you. I'm glad my first impression was spot on!

Who the hell do I think you are? I don't know, but I'd love to have the chance to get to know you! My name is Brad, but unfortunately, I'm on the clock right now and really need to get moving. Let's chitchat later?

Pyaaah!

Piiyhoough!

Piyaaauhh!

Pihyoooooo!

Pugyaaaah!

Piiiiiiyauu!

Yes, hindsight is a really good vision, as the saying goes. It is important to not dwell on the past too much, though. Know your mistakes, learn from them, but always keep moving forward. If you trap yourself in the past you'll never be able to keep your stride into the future. Eyes forward, move ahead. That being said, if you're just talking about seeking knowledge to further expand your horizons I totally get it. The more you know the more you grow. I'd love to keep chatting with you about this stuff, but I have an appointment with the weather so I have to be on my way. Lovely to meet you, sir. My name is Brad. How rude of me to not introduce myself before talking your ear off, ha ha!

No. Look at US. Who'd have thought? Not me. You're great. Keep it up.

HAA! Ha ha heh.... heh.... hoooooo. Yep. That's me. Perfectly fine and totally not mentally and physically drained at all. Thanks for your support... it helps. Really. Thank you.

This is nice.

Everything IS okay.

Everything is okay...

That's what we're trying to figure out with this competition, isn't it? And I'm here to capture it all, or most of it, on video with this here handy dandy camera! Smile! You may be on national broadcast! By the way, if you could sign this release... yeah, yeah, that--

--'s great, thanks. Sorry, what did you say? I couldn't quite hear you. Why aren't you speaking any more? Why are you staring at me like that? I....

Oh, of course, the camera is just making you uncomfortable now, right? I understand, being in the spotlight for that long can be a bit unnerving. That's... all it is... yeah? Okay, you keep staring, I have to go now. Thank you for your time...

The way it stretches out into eternity and beyond? The beautiful clouds and the way they twist and turn, the multifarious shapes and sizes and colors. The COLORS! A nice clear blue sky, the overcast grey sending the world into a state of subdued dreamlike wonder, the array of colors splashing across the land and clouds on a sunset or sunrise. The sky is truly one of the great wonders of the world, and I really wish I had time to enjoy it but I DON'T I'M ALMOST LATE SEE YA!

Phew... almost there. Weather check incoming.

Yeah, I've had people play pranks on me like that, too. One time everyone pretended like I didn't exist and I was scared for a little bit that it was true, even though I could still touch them and their clothes and skin reacted to me. They thought it was very funny, until I turned the tables on them and started to play into it. Pretending in turn that I didn't exist, and refusing to respond to THEIR stimuli even after they dropped the act. I wonder what ever happened to those people? I never did resolve that. Anyways, a lot of things can happen while you're asleep. Don't let your dreams be dreams. Remember: If you can dream it, you can DO it!

Have you ever gone ice skating? I have, once, but I don't have time for that story right now the weather waits for no man!

Boy how I wish I could... perhaps this bed is but a mirage? Maybe I should just touch it to see... no, no, self-control. Onward into this INSTITUTION. How did I know it was called that?

Hm? Oh, I just talked with him. Apparently he was sleeping. Not sure why he would be doing that in here, but hey, it's a free world, right? More power to him. Are you going to try and stop him?

From fighting children to fighting FOR children. What a narrative arc, huh? Genius.

Middle name Justice.

Right?! It seems so comfy! And you are rather cranky at the moment, so maybe you could use it, eh?

Like zoinks. Make me.

So I just started blasting. And dude, I'm 26, I think you're actually younger than me. Wait... what are you guys even doing here? Is Archie here? I don't know if I'm ready to talk to him yet... but I need to check on the weather, so I have no choice but to keep on keeping on.

I think that is highly unlikely, friend. Archie seems like an intelligent fellow, and he seems very strong and like if he just held you for a while all your cares would drift away like they were caught in the powerful current of the raging seas but there you are just resting in the still, calm waters of his warm embrace. Sorry.

I'm going to need you to go-go. Something something about a yo-yo. I don't have time for this, sorry, excuuuuuse me.

Ehehehehe see I can laugh like a weirdo too and anyone can say cryptic things. I'm not scared of you. Really, I'm not. I'm just tired. Please move.

Hello, ma'am, my name is Brad. It is short for Bradward. Maybe Archie has spoken about me? What are you doing here?

Wahahahahaugh! That's sure not a helpful response. If you'll excuse me, I think I just need to squeeeeeze past to speak with those fine men about the weather, thank you very much.

I can assure you, I have many many fears, actually. Sometimes I feel like I live my entire life in fear, especially lately. And I can't deny that I've also been feeling totally ignorant, completely lost about so many things that have been happening lately, including what is going on with you folk. I can't allow myself to be defined by my fear though, and I certainly can't accept living a life of ignorance...

That's right... I can't. I have to face the truth. There IS something weird going on here, right? What evil are you people conjuring, and what does it have to do with ME?! I'm just a FUCKING CAMERAMAN!

You're cute, goddamnit! Why don't we just sit here and be cute together. You know what might make you even cuter?

Future generations?

I mean, yeah, but I am fond of her floofy hair here. That's not the point, though, I'm trying to have a moment here!

You're also still not really supposed to have this fourth wall-breaking knowledge. Sorry, get back to it.

Thanks. Golly, that's a lot of blood coming out of my nose.

Anyways, I forgot what my one liner was going to be. What am I, some sort of Nuzvivor: Hero?

Maybe.

Well, it all started when I couldn't refuse the call of my middle name while walking through the woods, then I met my best friend Devon, and it all went to hell from there. You lot started involving me in your business, calling me by the wrong name, not taking me out to dinner. Now that I have slain you, fess up: what's the deal with airline food? Sorry. What are you trying to do with me? What are your plans? WHY is everyone being so weird around me? Who are the seven heavenly kings? What is going on!?

Excuse me, sir, we were having a conversation. Why are you whispering in her ear? You know it is really rude to keep secrets from people like that. Sharing is caring!

Wait! Where are you running off to? Don't just leave me in the dust! I'm already lost...

Will I never figure out what is going on? Not until it may be too late?

Hell if I know. I don't write this stuff.

Hm? Oh, right. You're welcome, I'm glad you're okay. Do you know anything about the weather?

Why are you handing me this drugs?

That sounds more ominous than the CORPORATION, honestly. At least I know that that is run by an upstanding guy. What sort of evils lurk in the depths of this INSTITUTE, and why did I know it was called that when I entered its doors? You know what. I don't actually have the emotional capacity to deal with any crazy drug conglomerates or whatever psychopathic experiments you all are pulling in here, just tell me about the weather. I don't know what I even need to find out about it, they just said, "Go check the weather", which I thought was a strange challenge, yet here we are, in a strange situation.

Yeah, I suppose it is pretty ridiculous, huh? I'm sure your research is totally worth it, but what is rain really but just SKYWET? No need to dedicate any sort of science to that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a deadline to...

What? I missed it by half an hour?

Wait.. I didn't? Is there some sort of temporal paradox here? What's going on?

I'm so tired of all of this...

But I won't give up.

I will never surrender.

No matter how many poor decisions I make, no matter how much adversity gets thrown in my face, I will stand my ground.

I will be UNBREAKABLE.

I will be UNDENIABLE.

I

WILL

BE

okay...

Oooh, good bye Digit, I know your're going to love the grooming job you're getting. Trust me, Marco is a professional. You'll get all those edges trimmed and it will be gorgeous.

And in the meantime, I will take care of this little twisty one... if it... would just... stop... squirming... out of my grasp! GET BACK HERE!

Cynthia, you've grown legs! Put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walking out that do-ooo-oooor!

And Nausicaa! Even though you evolved quickly, it still took you almost ten levels to learn a damaging move for yourself, but you're still very pretty and I love you.

I also caught this lovely young man while out and about and I lvoe him so much. I have a real soft spot in my heart for Zigzagoon, and I love the orange of their shiny. I almost always name them Pancake or Waffle or similar things. Partly due to this corgi named Pancake that I saw a while back, not sure what the context was, but I pretty much always refer to unnamed corgis as Pancake now. Now he will forever rest in the Snakepit with everything else I can't use.

I also caught this good boy while grinding out Sitrus Berries a while back and forgot to post it. His name is Bam, like the onomatopoeia , he too lives in the Snakepit. I'll evolve him some day.

Wow I really lost track of time today, and of course typed too much as per usual. This FINAL UPDATE edit didn't actually take as long as it seems like it did. I let myself get distracted because I no longer had a strict time limit. Anyways, chaos and stress abound, and now I head off to be cut off from what is happening DURING A TRIBAL COUNCIL and it is scary. I hope I can peek in.

Anyways, I caught a Sneasel, a Gloom, and a Heracross.

Brad is still struggling, but seems to be coming to terms with the possibility of what his life has become

Thank you for sticking with me. Please look forward to an actual short update next time for real reals because I am SUPER BUSY the next few days, and I'm not about to take an extension just because I have a compulsion to type too much.

Always remember: I love you, and I'm proud of you, and I hope you're proud of me despite the many mistakes I make.

Perfect in our imperfections.

Good night, sleep tight, dream bright.

You're a shining star, and I'm wishing on you.

Episode 1: A Prelude to Total Victory
Episode 2: The Chasing of a Dream
Episode 3: Tomorrow May Come
Episode 4: A Sea of Stars
Episode 5: A Retort and a Half
Episode 6: Beyond the Need for Kings
Episode 7: Flash in the Pan
Episode 8: Godspeed
Episode 9: Do You Remember That Day, One Year Ago?
Episode 10: Fade into the Ether
Episode 11: The Flames of Rebellion
Episode 12: Screams of the Damned
Episode 13: Together We Could Fly
Episode 14: Pieces of You
Episode 15: A Fractured Heart
Episode 16: The Verge of Collapse

Last edited:

Shup

what a memory
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Crono wins immunity and a move coin! The new merged Zandaka Tribe had to go to Tribal Council and vote off the eighth player from the game.
Wildy.
no fluff this time people are yelling at me to post

CHECKPOINT #12 - Winona
Goal: Defeat your rival and Winona.
Level Cap: 42
Catches: Route 120
Checkpoint Deadline: Monday, June 22nd at 12:00 PM EST (~46 hours from now)
Check-In Limit: 9
Required Teamshots: May/Brendan, Winona
______________________________________________________________________________________________

CHALLENGE #12 - Opal Battle
Immunity + Reward

Description:
For this challenge, we'll be recreating the format of the Opal battle from Sword and Shield (with actual questions)! You will all compete in a bracket against each other, doing Showdown battles, but the twist is that every 5 turns the battle will pause and a host will ask you a question. The first player to correctly answer will be given a free hit, by forcing the player who did not get the question to switch to a different Pokemon. So as to not spoil the questions, all matches will be invite only.

We are also offering a something special for this challenge. The first two people to tell a host that they'd like to sit this challenge out will be given an advantage in the next challenge. This has the added benefit of making this a bracket of 8, rather than 10, which makes everything easier. If you're not good at battling, if you think you can live without immunity for a vote, or if you just don't have time, it might be worth your while.
Format: 6v6 Singles, Evasion / Sleep Clause

Reward: Individual Immunity, and one Deluxe Egg.

No deadline yet. Bracket will be revealed later. Good luck.

Last edited:

MarkedInStone

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This POKéMON is struggling to figure out what interesting stuff he can put into his Pokédex entry.
i got a need. a need for x item stalling

also speed.

InFranceTheyKissOnMainStreet's damage was blaziken. took it out w counter and quick attack but it was close.

strange boy leveled up on her altaria. it was her last mon and i tried to swap out to make sure she didn't level up.

holy bejeezus batman

bad sprite. good mon. it looks cooler in its main sprite and not this weird happy mid-frame

So we're just gonna gloss over my glorious return?

Yeah, I think so.

Not even a screenshot?

Don't have the time.

Yes, you do.

You're forgetting one fact, Bren...dan.

Remember, Blaziken here almost took out your Beyblade there.

I said the full name, dude.

Whatever, man. I get no respect. You screenshotted literally all of my dialogue and didn't even put any in.

It's not like Shup needs the entire battle, man.

Just... c'mon, Joni. You've made it this far. I deserve something. This is my second-to-last battle with ya, and I need some time in the spotlight. Not like anyone else is gonna give me the time of day besides a mention.

Sure. I'll put 'em in there.

also i caught a doduo and almost forgot about it.

and since we have fly, he can look at clouds from both sides now. although i doubt he really knows clouds at all

greenchu

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
Here's the thing. You said a "jackdaw is a crow."

I was in a desert, then I confronted my father who murdered like 6 people, then I was in a ship (yay), then I came here.

Still only 5 Pokemon?

Not my fault that you only check in 5 Pokemon, and they were like 4-5 levels below the limit for the last checkin, and you haven't been EV training any of them. It's your own damn fault.

USUM is good because they give you the ability to fly after just 3 "badges".

Yeah she is. She's very concerned that I keep laughing whenever I @crapple, that I keep crying about the loss of my fishwife, and that I've wasted hours of my life EV grinding for speed on Route 103 when I could be doing literally anything useful with my life instead.

begone scott

me whenever i see ur dumb ugly fugly face u fat worthless fuck

May teamshot.

This is my opportunity to tell you that May is canonically "rad" and Steven is "hard as rock". I wish I didn't have to learn these things either.

🚬 🍃 120 BLAZE IT 🚬 🍃

THE WORST SHOW ON TELEVISION

Are you referring to the sexual tension between us?

I already know that you're hard as rock, but I guess I could see for myself. That does sound like more fun.

Yeah, I'll give it to you Steven.

I know, and I'm almost there!

*splooge*

Well fuck you Humberto! You can't stop me from witnessing that lovely S!

I beat him and I didn't have anything funny to say about it or the other Gym Trainers so here's Winona. I'm good at transitions.

Teamshot. Guess which 2 mons 1-shot her entire team?

Wow Wildy, thanks for calling me!
Anyways, I did some grinding of a few boxed mons as you can see in this checkin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)