• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Happy new forum! We decided this was a golden opportunity for us to feature a fresh new imported run!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Nuzlocke Hall of Fame

Thread Description
We are the champions...

Anya Homura

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Clever
Having just finished one of three consecutive Y Nuzlockes, I figure it's only fitting to share the first victorious team.

In order of when they were caught:
Needle the Modest Chesnaught (Lv 5 to Lv 69)

My starter, always here and reliable. I will be honest, when I first saw your nature I groaned and worried for you. While I came up with concepts on how to utilize it as time went on, we never really needed to do much different than the normal Chesnaught shenanigans. You weren't the biggest surprise of the group, but you did what you did and did it well. That's all I could've asked for.

Colette the Mild Golduck (Lv 6 to Lv 68)

You weren't intended to be on the team as much more than a helping surfer. We just didn't really have a need for you then. But when we did, you stepped up. Some grinding and TMs gave us a powerful duck who got an absolute ton of critical hits and a solid performer who took down Malva (and AZ, I suppose) all by herself. Thanks for putting in the work, I'm not sure how we would've gotten through some of the E4 without you.

Lyra the Relaxed Florges (Lv 6 to Lv 69)

Ah, Lyra. Our Dragon- and Fighting-type buster, staller of Diantha's Gardevoir and just... general badass. I had never used one of your line before, always dismissing them as "too cutesy" or just not right for my playstyle, what with the line's general focus on Special Bulk. I shouldn't have knocked it before I tried, however, as you tanked so many hits that could've killed someone had you not been there. You were the team's rock and steady guard through everything, one of our two Utility Knifes.

Marco the Lonely Crobat (Lv 13 to Lv 69)

Crobats have yet to let me down in ANY Nuzlocke where I get a chance to use them, and Marco is no exception. Once he got up to Crobat, it was really a matter of what of three moves were needed to take down his opponent. Solo-ing Ramos back in the day and then serving as the team's default answer to Grass, Bug, and Fairy-types, providing most of the work a Fire-type would've done with none of the Water or Ground-type weakness! And the weaknesses you did have found covers fast. You didn't get to do much against the E4 and Champion, but I knew if things went sour, you'd be there to help.

Spearmint the Bold Reuniclus (Lv 22 to Lv 68)

When I first saw you, I will be honest: I saw a second chance. After the death of a Reuniclus very like you in my first completed Nuzlocke of Pokemon White, I saw him in you. And you served a very similar role to him, too. Providing our team with a handy Psychic or two against fighting types with poison moves, using Focus Blast on Ice-types which could kill Needle or Citrine in a single hit. You were there to help us whenever we needed it, even if you weren't the flashiest about it. I'm glad you got through the E4, and didn't need to do a heroic sacrifice like your predecessor.

And... two I wish were here with the rest:

Felix the Sassy Krookodile (Lv 16 to Lv 61)

You were just what I wanted to see, really. We were in a dearth of potential solutions to the constant threat of Electric-types (Needle could hold them off, but if an Emolga came she was more than likely screwed), when you were our first encounter on Route 9. And from the beginning, I knew you'd be a menace. And you were! Especially to Team Flare, you ran through their mooks like a knife in butter. You were always there with a potential move to use, a way to ensure nobody died. Wulfric and his trainers were my biggest fear, but you made sure that the way to him was clear and the rest of the team could attack at full power.

You died to an Ace Trainer's Crustle, right outside Victory Road. Neither of us saw it coming, and I cried at your death. I know you went to Valhalla, however, and I hope that the battles there are fun.

Citrine the Lax Raichu (Lv 4 to Lv 69)

I didn't realize just how useful and powerful you would be when we first got you. But in a way, from the start you were exceeding my expectations. I wasn't even aware that Pikachu could be found on Route 3, yet there you were as my first encounter. I was glad to have you, too, an actual firm solution to Viola. And you did well. Very, very well. Even without a Light Ball. From that point on, I guess a part of me knew you were never leaving the team if I could help it. And you never did. You were the other Utility Knife, packing Thunderbolt (natural Thunderbolt, we held off your evolution for it), Brick Break, and Dig (but Brick Break came later, so before that you had Grass Knot), the one I'd place in front to get a handle on the trainers in the area and kill them before they got a hit on us. You took down many, many powerful trainers and I honestly consider you the run's MVP.

You died to Wikstrom's Scizor. I take full blame for not healing you up after seeing even a single one of those X-Scissors, and I'm sorry for forgetting that Bug-types resist Fighting, and that Brick Break would only do Neutral damage. Even with the Defense Boost, you were still just a goofy little electric mous, and I didn't take good enough care of you. You'll live on in my heart.

dinner

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 4, 2019
Haven't played anything for quite a while, but felt like doing what ended up a single-day run of Blue...
Brujah/Pal/L59/FT/Slash/Cut/Dig
Setite/R2/L59/Swift/SA/QA/Fly
Ventrue/R22/L60/EQ/RS/TB/Surf
Lasombra/Cel/L72/Surf/IB/DT/QA
+ a Rattata (Nosferatu/R4/10) and Spearow (Assamite/R18/22) as expendable fodder that didn't get used once and stayed in the shadows, my losses were a Jigglypuff (Malkavian/3-23/Hiker [Allen]'s Geodude in Rock Tunnel) and a Kadabra (Tremere/10-32/Blackbelt [Aaron]'s Primeape in Saffron - names according to their FRLG equivalents). Also had a Butterfree (just named "T" by accident") in my team for half the game that fell behind around Fuschia and just got retired, didn't really bother ever training up replacements, so I may have overleveled a little bit and still had a million rare candies about that all went into ... guess who - I was a bit paranoid about my glaring Lorelei weakness...
Forking over part of what was supposed to be Nidoking's build over to my Eevee was a bit dubious to me at first, but it worked out. Cut on starter was forced - turns out Meowth and Diglett can't learn it for some reason in the original game, no Beedrill, Bellsprout or Sandshrew (though I got one later) and I'm not allowed trading. Even with that, somehow I managed not to lose my Charmander, been a bunch of Cedrics in the past.

Last edited:

PageEmperor

The supposed emperor of pages
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
Finally! I completed my Victory Fire Nuzlocke! Now here we are:

Kyle the Electivire, Naive
Was an absolute beast throughout the run. For whom replaced my dead shiny Mightyena, he exceeded my expectations. Only really needed him for anyone particularly defensive or things weak to water, but he served well.

Dana the Crobat, Naughty
She was also a very reliable team member. Helped me out against any particularly threatening opponent, and was overall great to have around.

Veeteenee the Victini, Hasty

Only came for the ride because I wanted both a Psychic and Fire mon and he was the best option for both. Was still alright I guess.

Ashley the Golem, Bold
My Ghost, who was also one of my favourite team members in general died to my least favourite moves ever, Destiny bond. I then needed a new Explosion tanker so I put her on the team. Can I just say she is probably my 2nd in hand MVP? Because yes. She tanked virtually everything, one-shot virtually everything as well, and was overall at the lowest risk of death amongst my entire team.

William the Lapras, Quiet
The 1st in hand MVP. Someone remind me to make a thread 'Moves you grew to love because of Nuzlockes' Because for me it is Perish song. It is just so satisfying to throw in a move where your opponent will die in a matter of turns, especially when it's the last one left and they can't switch out. And best of all, Perish song wasn't the only good thing here, Basically everything else he had destroyed. Whether it be Surf or Ice beam or Body slam. I'm glad I added him to my team.

Jill the Basculin, Adamant
Only really here because Adamant Basculin, But she still served my team well and managed to get stuff done. Was also my Toxic user because I didn't want to teach it to anybody else.

Will be heading off to the Graveyard thread for the deaths.

dinner

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 4, 2019
Yellow - I grinded a bit post-VR, mostly to get the Venomoth and filler Magneton up to decent levels, with almost everyone else getting maybe 4-5 levels while I was down in Seafoam already anyway (really, my biggest grinding session was about getting Veno and Star to the high 30s in late midgame)... and then stuffed all my stored rare candies into that thing rather than distributing them evenly or catching up my pain-to-grind-useless-moveset-because-Starmie-ate-all-the-TMs Haunter. Yeah, it kind of trivializes a lot of things :v:... except for the Jolteon, that thing almost did a number on me, got Starmie, Fillermagneton and Raticate into next-hit-KO range before Ratty finished him off with both at low HP but only him (well, and Starmie) paralyzed.

Dancefloor/R4-10/58-BS/BB/Dig/Blz
Grandma/R24-17/54-Swift/SA/Refl/Fly
Apollon/LT-25/44-DE/CR/NS/Hyp
Vroomvroom/R15-24/51-Psyc/LL/PsyB/SlP
Liquiddirt/CI-10/71-Surf/IB/TB/Psyc
Nonmetal/PP-35/46-TS/Swift/Thunder/TW

Dumboldore

A mysterious creature not listed in the Pokédex.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019

Aegis
Alive
Male
Level 54
Impish
Regenerator
Return, Rest, Toxic, Substitute
Met at level 10 on Route 3

The MVP for the first half of the run. Aegis (originally named Meatshield) was originally meant to tank hits for the team, but when I realized its BST exceeded over 600 and that he had access to Work Up, Aegis quickly became my ace. His most notable feat was taking out Elesa by himself, a fight I dreaded very much because both of her Emolga received statbuffs that made them strictly superior to Zapdos. After Clay, he started to become less and less amazing, and didn't even star in the Elite Four battles, and only briefly in the N and Ghetsis battles. However, his Toxic was still instrumental in stopping the hellbeast known as Hydreigon.

McDernald
Alive
Male
Level 54
Lax
Water Absorb
Giga Drain, Growth, Synthesis, Substitute
Met at level 20 in Desert Resort

The MVP for the second half of the run. The fact that a Maractus managed to make it this far and actually perform really well was unheard of for me, but then again the statbuffs from Tier Shift helped. He performed amazingly at any given point he was in my team, quickly replacing my first Grass type, Friend the Simisage. Some of his feats included taking out Clay's Excadrill easily, defeating Drayden's Druddigon and Haxorus with some support from Finn and Pizzly, and sweeping Marshal's entire team by himself, with very little support from Finn.

A Bird
Alive
Male
Level 54
Jolly
Super Luck
Return, Fly, Feather Dance, Roost
Met at level 9 on Route 3

Even though I caught this Pidove before the second gym, A Bird only made it to the team after I defeated Elesa. Before reaching his Unfezant stage, he barely to never saw any combat, but after evolving he became a monster. His neutral hitting Return proved to be instrumental to defeat a lot of opponents I couldn't (safely) hit super effectively. As such, A Bird was instrumental in the defeat of Skyla, who nearly took a lot of lives from my team. He also contributed a lot in other major battles, mostly as backup when things went awry. Struck the killing blow on Ghetsis' Hydreigon and proceeded to 1vs1 his Eelektross afterwards.

Pizzly
Dead
Female
Level 54
Naughty
Snow Cloak
Icicle Crash, Superpower, Rock Slide, Charm
Met at level 29 in Twist Mountain

I was very excited to use a Beartic in this run. A Bird had her beat in fast hitting, Boom Boom (eventually) surpassed her in raw strength, Aegis and Finn were easily more bulky, and McDernald had more durability. Still, Pizzly carved herself a niche on my team with her amazing tankiness. Nobody on the team could receive and dish out hits as well as she could. Unfortunately, her pure Ice type also stopped her from being too amazing. She played a core part in the defeat of Drayden, but unfortunately became one of the two casualties of the run, falling to a Focus Blast from Ghetsis' horrifying Hydreigon.

Finn
Dead
Male
Level 54
Lonely
Hydration
Waterfall, Wish, Protect, Soak
Met at level 18 in Driftveil City

My least favorite species in the entire series. I was willing to call a truce with my greatest mortal enemy for this run and this run only, for two reasons. One, his HP was damn monstrous, at 195 base. Two, I wasn't sure anything else could reliably tank a critical hit from Ghetsis' Hydreigon. He did contribute a lot to a ton of battles. His Soak often was the perfect setup for McDernald to switch in and Giga Drain something to death, a strategy that was abused against Drayden and Marshal. Fell to Ghetsis' Hydreigon as the creature managed to get a critical hit on the very first Dragon Pulse. He barely hung on, but due to clicking Soak against it and my rule against using healing items in battle, he was the first to fall. Said critical hit indirectly caused Pizzly's death as well.

Boom Boom
Alive
Male
Level 55
Quiet
Mold Breaker
Dragon Claw, Brick Break, Dragon Dance, Substitute
Met at level 31 in Mistralton Cave

Pretty much never saw combat until the Elite Four, where he instantly showed why he was worth the effort of grinding up. His attack stat, at 167 base, was nothing short of absolutely ridiculous. He took on and oneshot N's Zekrom, as well as other powerful threats in the lategame, such as Ghetsis' Bouffalant and Caitlin's Reuniclus.

io_

typically has writer's block
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/she please :)
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This friendly ghost lurks around old haunts and sites of interest, and likes to say hi. (Profile pic came from https://picrew.me/image_maker/114808)
These are old, but I'm copying them over to Xenforo so they don't get lost in Tapatalk

Laurel, Male Venusaur Lvl 69 - Alive
Calm Nature, Overgrow, holding Leftovers
Moves: Sleep Powder/Giga Drain/Outrage/Growth

You defeated Champion Cynthia's Mesprit on your own. I think that says it all.

When you pit a Grass type against Hoenn, the region loses every time. And yes, this still applies in Hoenn's ROM hacks. You were reliable from beginning to end, and saved the team from things that I had no realistic counter for. Early-game Electric-types? Sky’s overlevelled Hippowdon? E4 Ice’s Haxorus, which had just OHKOed my Gothitelle? 2/3 of Champion Cynthia's team, including her ace Manaphy? All fell to you while you tanked SE moves left and right, improving your longevity with Giga Drain and setting up with Sleep Powder and Growth. A surprise move even let you become the last-ditch dragon slayer when we needed it most. Welcome to the Hall of Fame, my Psychic-type legendary killer. You’re the MVP of the run, and the best Starter Pokemon that I've ever trained.

Buttercup, Female Bibarel lvl 68 - Alive

Jolly Nature, Pickup, holding Quick Claw
Moves: Close Combat/Super Fang/Surf/Amnesia

I’ve despised the Bidoof line since I was ten years old, and would’ve never thought to use one. But when you were my second catch, I had no choice. You singlehandedly turned my hatred into admiration and respect. Flora Sky gave you the Pickup ability, and an early-level move in Headbutt that wrecked so many things around it. Your evolution at Level 15 made you extremely strong, and you stayed on the team when a series of useless catches left me with no viable Water types but you.

You saved us from wipes twice. First, you picked up an Escape Rope to get us out of a cave when everyone was at low health and I’d run out of healing items. Then, in city tunnels you took on 2 Ace Trainers in a Double Battle and (I don’t know how) tanked hits and KOed threats that no-one else could make dents in. You tanked horrifying SE hits that I should’ve never let you take (Wally’s Rotom-Heat’s Thunderbolt and Cynthia’s Armaldo’s Close Combat, the latter coming from a base Attack stat of 125), but you refused to die. You also proved useful with Close Combat and Rain-boosted Surf - especially against Adeku’s Fire types in the E4. I had to be careful with you late-game, but you were amazing during the rest of it.

Rose, Female Conkeldurr lvl 68 - Alive
Careful Nature, Guts, holding Hard Stone
Moves: Low Kick/Rock Slide/Close Combat/Bulk Up

Like all bulky Fighting types, you were dependable and resilient throughout the run. You even took down Flying types with your strong physical bulk and Rock Slide. Your standout moment came when I (after battling Shaymin) was teleported to an island city which required Surf to escape. I needed to beat the Steel Gym there to use Surf, but had no way to grind or catch anything except using the Old Rod for low-leveled Magikarps. To my surprise, the two Rare Candies I used on you were all you needed to evolve and then solo the entire Gym, as the hack creators let you evolve this way. This gave me the ability to use Surf and let me out of the city. I owe you one for tanking everything you could, utilising your valuable Rock-type coverage, and getting me out of a trap that no-one but the hack designers could’ve thought of.

Celandine, Female Sandslash lvl 68 - Alive
Impish Nature, Sand Veil, holding Soft Sand
Moves: Earthquake/Sandstorm/Bulk Up/Slash

I lost 2 of your line in a White 2 run (stupid Darmanitans...), so was determined to make up for it by keeping you alive. And it wasn’t easy. I considered boxing you for ages because you lagged behind the team and learned no STAB moves for ages. But then you swept Maxie’s team, including his surprise Heatran, with nothing but Rollout. Yes, you OHKOed a similarly-leveled Heatran with one hit from Rollout. I don’t need to say anything more.

You were frail on the Special side and required significant TM investment. But you helped against Adeku and Flash in the E4, and saved Buttercup by switching into and KOing Wally’s Rotom-H and Champion Cynthia’s Armaldo. Your physical bulk made you a valuable team member, and you’ve earned your place as a Champion.

Lily, Female Swanna lvl 68 - Alive
Hasty Nature, Water Absorb, holding King’s Rock
Moves: Ice Beam/Surf/Brave Bird/Rain Dance

Viable mixed STAB in a game without the Physical/Special split, which many imported Pokémon would’ve killed for? A sweeper who could learn Ice Beam and Brave Bird? A new Ability in Water Absorb? You had so much potential, Lily. I lost a Swanna in my White 2 run, so it felt fitting to use you. Unfortunately, you often lacked the raw power to make your attacks work. You nearly got OHKOed by an Exeggutor’s Frenzy Plant when it was several levels below you, because you couldn’t OHKO it with a Flying move in time. Despite me setting you up as a “dragon slayer” (as I predicted that Cynthia and/or an E4 member would use Dragon types), you were so frail that I didn’t send you in against Ice’s Druddigon and Haxorus. I relied on Nightshade instead, which ultimately led to her death.

But you had great moments against E4 Bertha and Adeku with Rain Dance-boosted Surfs, and you OHKOed Champion Cynthia’s Roserade. Rain Dance let you and Buttercup shine, and your Flying type coverage was valuable against the numerous Grass and Fighting types in the region. Despite your species’ reputation, you’re far from useless in the right hands, and I don’t regret choosing you.

Nightshade, Female Gothitelle lvl 68 - Dead
Timid Nature, Shadow Tag, holding White Herb
Moves: Psychic/Fake Tears/Iceberg/Faint Attack

Nightshade, Nightshade, what can I say? At lvl 2 you were my very first catch - a timid little thing who hid behind Laurel until you learned Confusion, and increasingly became more confident and competent. Your standout moments weren’t against E4 members, but against two Gyms that would’ve been impossible without you. Pryce had a new move - Iceberg, with a fairly high chance to freeze - and put it on a hard-hitting Serene Grace Glaceon (with Water Pulse, which hit Rose really hard). You KOed it while tanking every hit, and all the hax that it threw at you. With Iceberg as a TM, you KOed Gym Leader Iris’ Tornadus (yes, she used a legendary in a Gym) and won us the match again. But you couldn’t OHKO E4 Ice’s Haxorus, so it got to use Dragon Dance. And it then outsped, OHKOing you with a move that I didn’t even know it could learn - +1 critical hit Signal Beam (which this hack made Physical).

The run was deathless until then, so losing you - my first catch, my only death - was a shock. You and Laurel made quite the pair, constantly countering threats to each-other, so it’s only fitting that he swept the rest of Ice’s team and 2/3 of Cynthia’s team for your sake. Rest in peace, my brilliant psychic. We couldn’t have completed the run without you.

Samson (Mega Delta Blastoise) @ Delta Blastoisnite - ALIVE
New Typing: Dark/Fighting
Ability: Mega Launcher (in the Mega form)
Level: 100
Naive Nature
Vacuum Wave/Dark Pulse/Aura Sphere/Nasty Plot

My Starter, and the MVP of the run. Early-game, you needed to be carried by the others and did little except run from Flying, Fighting and Fairy attacks. But that changed once you got your Mega Evolution (which, due to the game’s difficulty and level spikes, was at ~Gym 3). As I had no other Mega Stones or viable Pokemon to equip them with, you became the front-line fighter against most of the legendaries and Megas that the game threw at us. Even if others set up for you, you were the one who paved the way and broke through the walls that others couldn’t touch, saving the team from wiping multiple times. Many of Taen’s Megas and Kyurems, Zenith’s Primal Groudon, Nyx’s OP Giratina, even Jaern’s Mega Rayquaza fell to you once you’d set up enough. You soloed two Gyms and, even before that, took down the aces of the Steel/Electric and Normal/Fairy Gyms (Mega Metagross and Mega Miltank, of all things). At the League, you took down ¾ of the E4’s Megas and the Champion’s Mega, and saved the team from wiping twice - once against the Champion’s absurdly broken Mega Flygon, and once against E4 Yuki’s Mega Cryogonal.

You’re the only early-game teammate who survived until the end, and the first Pokémon that I’ve ever trained to Level 100. You were put in the firing line so many times, and tanked way too many Focus Blasts for my heart to handle, but you somehow got through it and grew so, so much. In the game’s story, Delta Pokemon are outcast mutations - and the Champion had initially discarded you as a failed test subject. You made him eat his words when you helped us beat him and take away his League position. You now stay where he once was, in the Hall of Fame.

Kit (Armored Flygon) @ Flygon Armor - ALIVE
Ability: Levitate
Sassy Nature
Earthquake/Dragon Rush/Fire Punch/Defog

I initially caught you, took one look at your IVs and boxed you. But after defeating the Steel/Electric Gym, I heard about a new feature that the game added called Armors. These were items that increased a Pokemon’s Def/Sp Def quite significantly, but the only available ones were for Leavanny, Tyranitar and you. With this, you became an extremely useful member of the team. Your bulk and typing allowed you to sweep, tank and stall things that Milkcap couldn’t, including most of Zenith’s team, You even got really close to taking out his Primal Groudon until it burned you multiple times with Lava Plume. You took down many from Taen’s teams, but your key achievements were in the Elite 4 when you and Amari KOed nearly everything in sight. There, you saved the team from wiping twice - once by KOing E4 Eduard’s Weakness Policy Aegislash and then by OHKOing E4 Kayla’s Blaziken and Scyther (which, due to her Baton Passing team, had way too many Attack boosts). Your work against the Champion was just the icing on the cake. In looking at your IV spread back then, I misjudged you and didn’t think that you’d be any use to me. You proved me wrong and became a kickass, invaluable team member.

Blanka (Delta Gardevoir) @ Leftovers - DEAD
New Typing: Electric/Ice
Ability: Clear Body
Mild Nature
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Dazzling Gleam/Calm Mind

Oh, Blanka. Your death hurt so, so much. You were a strange new Delta Pokemon - an Electric/Ice type Ralts - hiding a house on your own. Despite your frailty, I did my best to help you train and level up. And soon, you became a powerful Gardevoir that blasted foes and Gym Leaders alike. Your new move, Livewire, became a powerful method of incapacitating foes on the switch-in. And it, along with your powerful coverage and Calm Mind, enabled you to sweep and set up on a number of gyms and cults throughout the game. You worked wonders against the Gyms 2 and 3 and took out many of Audrey, Taen and Perspehone’s Pokémon and - most notably - destroyed Nyx and her Mega Kangashan alongside my (dead) Golem in surprise Inverse Battle rules. I was so scared about your fragility, but watched in awe when I saw you turn the tables against her and take down most of her team, including her Garchomp. You didn’t do much in the E4, but you still proved to be a pivotal switch-in and sweeper against most of the Champion’s Pokemon. You had successfully set up +2 Calm Minds and took out his Armored Delta Volcarona, among others, and you had Dazzling Gleam for his Armored Sandstream Tyranitar which came in at half health. You had +2 SpA and could outspeed, so I wanted you to end it quickly.

It was his last Pokémon, and my final mistake of the run. Dazzling Gleam hit and took him to red health thanks to the Armor and Sand Stream Ability buffing his Sp Def to astronomical levels. You died then to his crit Stone Edge, just minutes before we made it to the Hall of Fame. Losing you felt like a punch in the stomach, as you'd grown so so much, but at least you died when the battle was so far in our favour. You knew we’d make it to the Hall of Fame, even if you didn’t get to see us there.

Deep Blue (Metagross) @ Life Orb - ALIVE
Ability: Clear Body
Level: 98
Bold Nature
Zen Headbutt/Meteor Mash/Earthquake/Ice Punch

You came from an NPC, with a traded name, after I defeated the Steel/Electric Gym. Our strongest opponents from then on were Dark/Ghost/Fire/Ground users, and this combined with your lack of E4 involvement (and the Fire coverage in E4 Yuki’s team) meant that you didn’t accomplish as much as I thought you would. You did KO a few threats like Calreath’s Dragonite and some of Taen’s Pokemon, which is still really credible, but you mostly stuck to the sidelines as others set up and swept. Despite this, you still proved really useful against wild encounters and Trainers on the routes. You avenged my Golem after a Slaking OHKOed her, and prevented a fair few grinding deaths by using your impressive bulk, coverage and resistances to take down whatever you could.

Honestly, your lack of further involvement is not your fault - it was just a matter of bad luck that so many powerful late-game foes had types stacked against you. There are a lot of Dark type users in Insurgence, if nothing else, and the fact that a Metagross did the least out of anyone only speaks to how great my team was overall, and how lucky I was to get five really strong and powerful team members. You may have not been the star, but that's okay. You were still a pretty cool team player and you definitely deserve your place.

Amari (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers - ALIVE
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
Will-O-Wisp/Hex/Hydro Pump/Thunderbolt

My cute little Rotom. Who knew that glancing at the TV in a city could yield so much? I took you on as an additional Water and Electric type, as your line has impressive bulk and only one single weakness. And my decision really paid off. You worked wonders alongside my (now dead) Azumarill against the Infernal Cult, and helped to take on Calreath’s Gym, but your main feature until the E4 was as a status spreader and a secondary ‘mon to KO powerful Ghost and Psychic types, such as Darkrai Cult Persephone’s Mega Spiritomb, as they often had coverage that could KO Samson but not you. You would accomplish this by spamming status moves and Hex, or powerful STAB coverage, to take down most things that stood in your way. But your true claim to fame emerged in the Elite 4. You burned and weakened so many Physical Attackers, and along with Kit whittled most of the E4 teams - excluding the Megas - before killing them. Your bulk, dedication and reliability made you a really valuable teammate, who’s more than earned their right to be here.

Milkcap (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge - ALIVE
Ability: Effect Spore
Level: 98
Serious Nature
Spore/Giga Drain/Toxic/Venoshock

Last but definitely not least, there's you. The quirky mushroom that did so much work. I was initially disappointed when I caught you, as I thought your line were useless Poke Ball wannabes. And boy, was I wrong! You ended up on the team when I needed a Grass type to fight Audrey’s Abyssal Cult, as I correctly anticipated that they’d have Water/Ground types. And, well, you were amazing. You didn’t just help that time, you saved me from wiping by stalling out most things on Audrey’s team with Giga Drain and Toxic. And then, after Samson nearly died, I watched in amazement as you took down - of all things - her Primal Kyogre.

And this continued throughout the run - you were the one sent in to stall and Spore opposing threats so that someone could have time to heal and set up. But you also really, really held your own offensively. You took down most of the Water and Normal/Fairy Gyms, Persephone’s new Mega Spiritomb, Taen’s new Mega Zebstrika and more. When we needed time to heal, when we needed you to tank something that wasn’t Fire or Psychic-related, when everyone else was hurt - you were there. You were the glue that helped keep the team together, the unassuming little fungus who grew so much as the run went on and took on so many foes with stats far higher than your own. I was really, really lucky to catch you.

Neotornado

Hacker
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Just regular nouns, not a fan of premums.
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Broke his own romhack with an egg. Still not sure how.
Since we're doing romhacks, just finished one myself...
Oceadino [oh no he], Level 5-64, Alive
Probably the least gonky and the most boring of quartz's starter options. Water/flying is kinda iffy in a region with A. a ton of water-types, and B. the main villanous team specializing in electric Pokemon. Didn't stop him from managing to survive the whole run anyway. ...and learning aeroblast in VR and somehow outrage in the post-game.
Venogena [bulk], Level 6-63, Alive
Okay normally I'm opposed to using the nidos since they are the pinnacle of "boring but practical" but adding a secondary steel type shoots the "boring" right out of there and leaves me babysitting a quad ground weakness. ...with insane bulk, hence the name. Mostly just used to tank anything nobody else could and sometimes drop a coverage move to hit a quad weakness.
Tikiriki [Beaker], Level 19-63, Alive
Modest with a torkoal-ish stat spread? Sign me up! Technically the only survivor of the gym 5 massacre (Oceadino and Venogena were in the box when it happened) and even then he barely survived with red health. From that point onwards he just kept doing fire-type things and never stopped, occasionaly stopping a rogue fighting or poison type every once in a while.
Armstorm [Purp Zaps], Level 27-63, Alive
Probably one of the few designs I really like form this hack since they're just little electric pillbugs. (the art design not hitting them too hard helped) so I was glad to pick her up while recovering from the aftermentioned gym 5 massacre. Mostly just functioned as anti-flying, which dosen't sound like much but quartz has a LOT of flying types so she was still able to make her point pretty well. Still, by this point the ground weaknesses were becoming dangerous, especially since two of them were quad weaknesses.
Iguadon [the clown], Level 30-63, Alive
Mostly just used as a normal beatstick alongside a psychic counter when I noticed that nothing else in my box really fit. Dragon was kind of a wasted typing when I had 130 attack to 70 sp. attack and an adamant nature. Still helped a bit with resistances though.
Ogritato [Mr. Crash], Level 5-63, Alive
So ground types mounting on the horizon I decided to employ a familiar face from the old quartz LP back on the SA forums. Ultra gave him a secondary ground typing and man did he take advantage of it with earthquake. Pretty much anything that was too dangerous for Oceadino to surf out, he just earthquake'd into oblivion.
Six survivors again! both from the last run of Y and the last run I did of vanilla quartz back in 2014. I'll take it I guess, especially since my osoe died during the 4th gym so I didn't have to drag that thing around anymore. Very loose run but then again most games without the physical/special split tend to be super loose for me.

Anya Homura

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Clever
Time for the second consecutive Y nuzlocke, where I had to trade out the Gift Lucario and Yveltal, as well as not being able to use anything caught in the prior run.

Ridley the Brave Delphox (Lv 5 to 67)

My starter, who did not let me down! Though there were times I feared for him, he ultimately made it through to the end! A very good psychic firefox, would use again.

Keaton the Naive Marowak (Lv 15 to 66)

Electric-types waver in fear at the sight of him. A very useful teammate, who was brought in after the untimely death of Cynthia the Gabite. Swept Wikstrom, who was the E4 member I was most worried about, too!

Manny the Gentle Throh (Lv 23 to 67)

Probably the most subtly helpful, there to reliably cut down the bigger threats and 2/3s of Team Flare. I don't really have much to say about him.

Magireve the Modest Mismagius (Lv 100)

An obviously hacked Mismagius whom I got via Wonder-trading after catching Yveltal. She was the only major female party member I'd had since Dart the Linoone, and was also the trump card of our party against the E4. After Otto the Floatzel and Poinsettia the Vileplume both died during the gauntlet, she took over and kicked ass. Also, she was clearly extra-hacked, as she was shiny. But the rules never said I couldn't use her!

There were also some other teammates, but I do not feel emotionally connected to them so I will cut it here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)