• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

General  Nuzlocke Community Top 50 - 2020 Edition!

Thread Description
pokemon go to the polls

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Okay, so because I'm dumb, I thought the top 50 this year was specifically for pokemon in Swsh only. I have now realized that is not the case! So yay, I get to participate!

1. Mudkip
2. Pyukumuku
3. Trapinch
4. Mareep
5. Zorua
6. Cradily
7. Yungoos
8. Galarian Zigzagoon
9. Mudbray
10. Camerupt

Claymore

New Old Member
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Steel, Clever
10. Oshawott
9. Typhlosion
8. Heracross
7. Slowbro
6. Rockruff
5. Tangrowth
4. Flygon
3. Nidoqueen
2. Ampharos
1. Umbreon

Shark

Training to be Cute
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is inconcievably cute. It tries to intimidate its foes with its long, luscious locks, but to little avail.
ok so after dragonfly cave made me rip my own heart out trying to pick my top 10
here it is
warning: what the fuck is this list how did some of these get so low

(btw points should be distributed as 10 - spots away from #1 for each of these, so alcremie would get 10 points and gabite would get 1)

10. Gabite
9. Sandile
8. Arrokuda
7. Cleffa
6. Hydreigon
5. Garchomp
4. Dragapult
3. Drakloak
2. Jirachi
1. Alcremie

Last edited:

Garnet

Hater of the Monty Hall Problem
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Oh right I should Do This shouldn't I?

#1: 10 points - Audino

Yeah, no, I know. "Audino, in your top spot? Sure, it's cute and all, but your top spot?" Well I'll stop you there because- Well, actually, let's be honest, between the Zeta/Tapa forums, the new ones, and god knows how many other places on the internet, there's a fair enough chance you've heard me yell about the Shiny Audino who carried a Nuzlocke after a near-wipe. Ya gotta understand, I'd played White only once, and I had Very Little Memory of what I was getting into. That Audino, my first random shiny? Carried me and my Singular Braincell through Unova almost singlehandedly. I had a Keldeo on my team from the GameStop distribution. That little purple dude was a more invaluable party member than a mythical Pokémon. No matter its viability, or how it's more cute than cool or pretty, or how it's best known as an Exp. Punching Bag, Audino will forever hold a spot at the top of my favorite Pokémon list in honor of that sparkly purple man.

#2: 9 points - Espeon

When I was a kid, my first real video game was Pokémon Sapphire. The second one I really remember? Pokémon Colosseum. Say what you will about the game - Its use of the Gen III Double Battle system before it really had the polish of the later games, the limited choices of Pokémon, the fact that one of those Pokémon is a Plusle and they removed the Shadow Minun to go along with it, the ball duplication glitch... For all its flaws, it was a game I highly enjoyed as a kid and still like to go back to now. And lemme tell you what, going from riding in the back of a moving truck and starting with a little Torchic to blowing up a criminal organization's hideout and racing off with a little Psychic-type sweeper? God. Espeon is just a really nice Pokémon, and Colosseum being the game it is, it's hard to deny the impact it's left on me.

#3: 8 points - Articuno

Okay. Is Articuno the least competitively viable member of its trio? If you trust Smogon, and that quad weakness to Rock, and defensive-focused stats on a Pokémon whose type really doesn't support a tanky playstyle, and only average attacking and speed stats which combined with the previous makes it Not The Greatest sweeper or wall, yes, absolutely. Do I care? If I did it obviously wouldn't be in my top three. Look at this thing and tell me it isn't aesthetic as hell. I used to run an Articuno propaganda account when those Bulbaganda style ones were the Big Thing on Twitter and stuff. I imported merch from Japan for it. I think that says all it needs to.

#4: 7 points - Grovyle

Grovyle did nothing wrong except maybe for not telling anyone about why he was taking the Time Gears in the first place and painting himself as a criminal as a result but listen when the god of time wants you dead can you really blame-

#5: 6 points - Umbreon

Oh right, I mentioned Colosseum, didn't I? It's hard to have an Espeon without an Umbreon by its side - And while I'd be lying if I said that I didn't always favor Espeon out of the two, Umbreon holds a strong spot in my heart for its role as one of your starters in Colosseum as well. There's a reason the character in my avatar shares Umbreon's colors and Espeon's body shape; in the words of Side by Side, you won't see one without the other!

#6: 5 points - Absol

In all seriousness, Absol is a cool Pokémon with interesting lore and an honorary second Partner slot in the PMD Rescue Team games. Dude was the first Pokémon to stand by your side as fugitives - I think that counts for something.

#7: 4 points - Silvally

Again, the lore??? An artificial Pokémon designed with powers resembling the creator of the universe, deemed a failure by its creator??? Who reaches its full potential through its bond with a trusted partner??? Named in-universe by aforementioned partner, a combination of Silver and Ally/Buddy??? Love that. Silvally good.

#8: 3 points - Riolu

It's Lucario but cuter and less overrated. I wish I'd gotten the Aura Sphere Riolu while it was still available but alas. Maybe someday they'll distribute a new one someday? I can dream lol. Can you tell I'm running low on brain battery?

#9: 2 points - Darkrai

Not evil, just misunderstood. Except in Explorers, that dude's Actually evil.

#10: 1 point - Jirachi

Am I biased because I just finished a Sololocke of Ruby with this Pokémon? Yes. Is half of this because of the story I've built up in my mind for aforementioned Sololocke? Yes. Do I care? Just enough that Jirachi only makes tenth place.

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
1. Shaymin (10 pts)
2. Misdreavus (9 pts)
3. Meloetta (8 pts)
4. Ampharos (7 pts)
5. Ninetales (6 pts)
6. Darkrai (5 pts)
7. Eevee (4 pts)
8. Celebi (3 pts)
9. Meganium (2 pts)
10. Hydreigon (1 pt)

Honorable mentions include Froslass, Samurott, Doublade, Azumarill, and Kingdra.

Bhassa

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 25, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Frequently found under mountains of blankets, seeking any and all available warmth.
#1: 10 points - Toxtricity
#2: 9 points - Pikachu
#3: 8 points - Vivillon
#4: 7 points - Piplup
#5: 6 points - Toxapex
#6: 5 points - Umbreon
#7: 4 points - Hydreigon
#8: 3 points - Malamar
#9: 2 points - Kyogre
#10: 1 point - Dragonite

Mio

Miocchi
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Often not around
1. Froslass (10pts)
2. Jumpluff (9pts)
3. Drapion (8pts)
4. Sceptile (7pts)
5. Latias (6pts)
6. Melmetal (5pts)
7. Skiploom (4pts)
8. Latios (3pts)
9. Tsareena (2pts)
10. Hoppip (1pt)

gavine000

Track Runner
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 15, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Pokémon Type
Electric, ???
Pokédex Entry
A guy who probably should stop torturing himself with stupid challenge ideas.
1. Grovyle (10pts)
2. Mudkip (9pts)
3. Blaziken (8pts)
4. Toxtricity (7pts)
5. Cacturne (6pts)
6. Entei (5pts)
7. Articuno (4pts)
8. Machamp (3pts)
9. Aggron (2pts)
10. Plusle (1pt)

SnakeWrangler

Sorceress's Knight
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
1. Muk (10pts)
2. Golisopod (9pts)
3. Dhelmise (8pts)
4. Aurorus (7pts)
5. Claydol (6pts)
6. Pincurchin (5pts)
7. Gourgeist (4pts)
8. Houndoom (3pts)
9. Necrozma (Default) (2pts)
10. Falinks (1pt)

Reactions: io_

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
1. Rowlet (10pts)
2. Claydol (9pts)
3. Girafarig (8pts)
4. Mimikyu (7pts)
5. Clobbopus (6pts)
6. Leavanny (5pts)
7. Absol (4pts)
8. Hydreigon (3pts)
9. Reshiram (2pts)
10. Carbink (1pt)

Honourable mentions: Copperajah, Alolan Ninetales, Roserade, Virizion, Empoleon, Spiritomb, Aloachu, Mega Lopunny, Crobat, Aurorus, how many more of these are there I just love all these smol beans

This is a mix of Pokemon that I honestly feel some kinda almost personal connection to (Claydol, Absol, Reshiram) Pokemon that I love from nuzlocking (Rowlet, Carbink, Leavanny) and Pokemon that are just. the best and I would love to use (Clobbopus, Hydreigon, Girafarig, Mimikyu),

Last edited:

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
  1. Mimikyu - Absolutely Adorable
  2. Rowlet - The Round boi
  3. Snom - Squishy and Smol
  4. Cyndaquil - My favorite partner in PMD2 (smokescreen ftw)
  5. Swablu - Always had a soft spot for Swablu
  6. Alolan Vulpix - Very pretty
  7. Celebi - My favorite legendary when I was a kid and watched the movie.
  8. Dratini - Dragon Noodle
  9. Flygon - I find the idea of a desert dragon really cool
  10. Vaporeon - Always want to use one but I always have a water type on my team by the time I get an eevee

Leafia_Barrett

Survivor of the Nuzlockolypse
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
  1. Gardevoir
  2. Lopunny
  3. Vaporeon
  4. Leafeon
  5. Mew
  6. Milotic
  7. Alolan Ninetales
  8. Espeon
  9. Froslass
  10. Sylveon

Clockenstein

invisible hero
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
~/forums/nuzf/users/c/clockenstein/data/public/
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Fatal kernel error: 'DEX_BASIC' not found.
1. milotic
2. dusknoir
3. tropius
4. heatran
5. nidoking
6. mimikyu
7. ferrothorn
8. latios
9. altaria
10. metagross

cant really say any of the new mons made me look twice so im just gonna copypaste the last list i could find

Izuna's Spider

Here for the fun
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 21, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
#1 (10pts)- Toxicroak
#2 (9pts)- Eevee
#3 (8pts)- Bulbasaur
#4 (7pts)- Swampert
#5 (6pts)- Indeedee
#6 (5pts)- Weavile
#7 (4pts)- Hydreigon
#8 (3pts)- Scolipede
#9 (2pts)- Litten
#10 (1pt)- Growlith

pkmnMasterWheeler

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
  1. Pikachu
  2. Mew
  3. Braixen
  4. Lucario
  5. Greninja
  6. Sceptile
  7. Infernape
  8. Popplio
  9. Rattata
  10. Beautifly

Little Winky

Master Procrastinator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She keeps telling herself that one day she'll document one of her 10,000 runs. Maybe once she finishes half of them, she'll actually do that.
1. Serperior
2. Roserade
3. Goodra
4. Lucario
5. Gallade
6. Helioptile
7. Flygon
8. Breloom
9. Toxtricity
10. Popplio

Last edited:

Emperor ServingSpoon

The original AND the 16th!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Adept at procrastination. If he ever seems productive, it's likely because he's ignoring something far more important.
So the Pokemon Picker has updated now, but it's using the eyesores that are the Home sprites... :( Anyway, here are my choices for this year!

10. Rotom
Cute, mischievous, and has a bunch of forms depending on your preferred brand of shenanigans for the day!
9. Quilava
One of the ideal middle form starters. Equal parts cute and cool.
8. Flygon
He starts as a cute little derpy guy, and evolves into this graceful big boy!
7. Buizel
He was my number 2 at one point, but I've not really gotten a good chance to use it since Pearl, so it looks like he's dropped quite significantly! Still love his attitude, though. But I think my affinity for Grass types has grown stronger since then, since another Pokemon from my Pearl team took a higher spot!
6. Chesnaught
When the Kalos starters were revealed, I kinda hated Chespin. But it turns out Chesnaught is my favourite of the final evolutions, and Chespin warmed up to me a lot through watching the anime (Clemont's Chespin is adorable!)!
5. Torterra
As you can see from my chosen types, Torterra's kind of my ideal starter. I've become quite partial to the bulky stuff since I started Nuzlocking, and anything that comes with free Earthquake is a good deal! And while I think all the Gen 4 starters have excellent final evolutions, Torterra will always take the number one spot over the other two for me!
4. Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur is adorable, and it's kind of hard to choose any other starters when he's an option, since he's just SO reliable! Got the Sleep Powder for catching stuff, Leech Seed and Poison Powder for the stalling angle, a bunch of other great moves to take advantage of, and a big chunky Mega Evolution when you just wanna shrug off two of his weaknesses. Basically, you just can't go wrong with him. And a Bulbasaur named Phil is always my partner in the Mystery Dungeon games. Will definitely adventure with Phil again!
3. Tropius
Big banana palm tree flying dinosaur. What's not to love? My ideal pick for the "if you could have one Pokemon..." question, due to being a form of transport that also provides in-flight snacks (so a little more functional than any of my higher favourites ever have been)!
2. Falinks
These guys are the best! Seeing them march along Route 8 like little caterpillars, then getting into battle and finding they were actually six little adorable warriors was a great surprise! (And having great surprises like these guys and Snom in the later hours of Sword and Shield was a large part of what made this one of my favourite batches of new Pokemon in many years!) I didn't use them in my initial run, but my first replay was a solo run with Battalion the Falinks. And they did not fail to impress!
1. Sandslash
He's been my number 1 favourite since Blue, and I don't see that ever changing. Done some solo runs with him recently, too (was feeling kinda burnt out on Nuzlockes after my blind Nuzlocke of USUM, so I thought I'd go for a solo with my favourite Pokemon instead), and he's a lot of fun to use still today (though a lot less broken than he was in Gen 1...)! And he's great both in original and Alolan flavours! And hopefully I'll be able to do a solo with him in Galar one day, too!

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
1. spinda
its the best one anyone who says otherwise is wrong
2. beedrill
bee based butchery
3. darkrai
funny toothpick legs
4. pyukumuku
in honor of mukeo who was separated from his mukiet
5. swadloon
snuggie propaganda
6. barbaracle

7. falinks
favorite gen 8 one
8. xatu
two two
9. cyndaquil
favorite starter
10. eiscue
solely for ice face + belly drum
lemme in chief

satanicswirlix

Don't forget to bring a towel!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon's interests change more often than her pantalones. She's currently working on an animated nuzlocke, but we all know how that'll turn out!
1. Alolan Raichu
2. Cherrim
3. Girafarig
4. Chingling
5. Dustox
6. Weavile
7. Venusaur
8. Incineroar
9. Dragapult
10. Flapple

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
voting is closed!

now, before i release results - there is one hard tie in the top 50. that means, the same number of people voted for two pokémon, giving both of them the exact same rankings and points.

if this tie was outside of the top 50, i wouldn't pay it any mind, but i want the results in the top 50 proper to be as clean as possible, so here's how we're going to break this tie.

i will not release the results for another 48 hours. in this time, there will be an exit poll where everyone can choose between the two pokémon that are currently tied. whichever mon gets more votes will be reflected in the final results.

without further ado, the final exit poll is here! you have 48 hours to vote!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)