• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

General  Nuzlocke Community Top 50 - 2020 Edition!

Thread Description
pokemon go to the polls

Lefington

The most legitimate plant you'll ever see.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A person plant fellow who says you should like grass types. Or else.
#1: 10 points: Serperior
#2: 9 points: Falinks
#3: 8 points: Shelgon
#4: 7 points: Meowstic
#5: 6 points: Vikavolt
#6: 5 points: Chandelure
#7: 4 points: Dracovish
#8: 3 points: Tangrowth
#9: 2 points: Clobbopus
#10: 1 point: Melmetal

SayleeK

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
#1: 10 points for Charizard
#2: 9 points for Marowak
#3: 8 points for Alolan Vulpix
#4: 7 points for Gyarados
#5: 6 points for Ho-oh
#6: 5 points for Primarina
#7: 4 points for Rapidash
#8: 3 points for Mareep
#9: 2 points for Corviknight
#10: 1 point for Wooloo

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
10. (1 point)Mew- my favorite legendary. I’ve just always really liked its concept and design, and I took a very in-depth ‘What Pokemon are you?’ quiz once and got Mew, and the description was very fitting.

9. (2 points)Garbodor- This might be partially due to irony and being possibly the ugliest Pokemon to ever exist, but I love this guy lol. I mean it’s actual trash, how great is that? Plus, I added one to my team out of desperation in my first Unova nuzlocke, and he was actually one of two sole survivors in the end (alongside my Emboar), and somehow managed to single-handedly take down Hydreigon. I think that deserves a place on my favorites.

8. (3 points)Lycanroc – I love canine Pokemon (as I’m sure you can tell by this list), and I just love this guy’s design. It also reminds me a little of my German Shepherd, Rocky. I want to use one in a nuzlocke so badly, but I can never seem to get one as my first encounter.

7. (4 points)Boltund- I was a little indifferent to Yamper when it was announced, since I love dog Pokemon but I’m actually not a big corgi fan. So when I found out about its evolution, I was thrilled. And when I got a Yamper as my first encounter in my first playthrough of Sword, I immediately added her to the team and took her all the way.

6. (5 points)Carbink- I feel like Carbink was always one of the most forgettable Pokemon in general. That all changed for me when I caught one in my first playthrough of Ultra Sun, and it constantly saved my life until my full team wipe at Totem Togedemaru. Last mon standing against Totem Marowak, and beat the dreaded Totem Lurantis after it killed two other Pokemon. Even its design started to grow on me after a while.

5. (6 points)Arcanine- I’ve always loved Arcanine, and have used many in nuzlockes in the past. Most recently, I caught a shiny Growlithe in my run of Let’s Go Pikachu when I thought my hopes for a 6th teammate were lost. I took her to the league, and she is by far my favorite shiny I’ve ever caught.

4. (7 points)Venusaur- Bulbasaur was always my favorite Kanto starter, and it was hard for me to decide on this evolutionary line. But I can’t forget my Mega Venusaur in X and Y, who was my last mon standing in a competitive battle with my cocky high school friend, and somehow managed to take out all 5 of her remaining Pokemon, including a mega Charizard and Talonflame.

3. (8 points)Ninetails- Another Pokemon I’ve always loved. They always seem to die in my nuzlockes, but Ninetails recently bumped itself up a couple of points when I was going through my old Pokemon card collection and found out that my old base holographic ninetails is also shadowless (my only one). I just think that’s pretty cool!

2. (9 points)Dunsparce- Another unloved and forgotten Pokemon I have adopted as my own. Sadly, I’ve never used one in a nuzlocke. But, I’ll never forget the fun I had using them in competitive battling. Oh, the screams of rage at my paraflinch strategy. How I miss them.

1. (10 points)Eevee- I think Eevee has always been my favorite, ever since my very first Pokemon game, Yellow, where I repeatedly tried to reset the game to somehow get Eevee as my starter instead of Pikachu. I love Eevee and all its evolutions so much, and since it’s impossible for me to pick a favorite out of them all, I’ll just make Eevee my all time favorite.

UberSkitty

Zoinks
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 1, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Skitty
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Meow
#1: 10 points - Skitty
This mon has been my mascot since I joined chats on Showdown in 2016. I admittedly don't remember why I choose it over my other loved mons, but I don't regret it. It's in a lot of my artwork, looking adorable as usual. Cats are also one of my favorite animals, alongside penguins and frogs.

#2: 9 points - Reuniclus
My first game was White, and I eventually caught a mon in this line (IDR which) and named it Jake. I didn't care much about the line for a while until I found myself years later defending Duosion for Smogon PU for over a year. Since then I've started to love the line and, similar to Skitty, it has been in a lot of my artwork.

#3: 8 points - Dewott
Like I said, my first game was White, and my starter and first level 100 was OCEAN the Oshawott. Yes, all caps because who knew you could use lowercase letters. White I did evolve it into Samurott, I still stand by that Dewott is one of the most perfect evolutions ever. This is because it still manages to be cute, yet still cool and still looking like its pre-evo. It even now has two scalchops for double the trouble.

#4: 7 points - Flygon
This is a mon I came to love purely because of its design, and who can blame me. I've also used it in various playthroughs my games and artworks.

#5: 6 points - Pichu
IIRC, this mon was my fav in middle school. I dunno why I grew out of it, but it still stands out as a very adorable mon. I also bought its Amiibo despite me not using it in Smash Ultimate.

#6: 5 points - Weavile
This is another mon that my love for originates from my first game, White. I was pretty young when I got the game, so I had no idea what Serebii and Bulbapedia were so I just assumed it evolved by level. I rose it to the 70s before finding out that you needed an item for it. Even then it was at such a high level I just kept using it and it ended up being one of my first level 100s. Even without that backstory it still has a great design.

#7: 4 points - Piplup
I grew up watching the Diamond and Pearl anime, so got an attachment to this mon. But it was mainly my love for penguins, and this is my favorite out of the bunch.

#8: 3 points - Gengar
My first playthrough of Sinnoh was a used Platinum version, which happened to have a Moltres, Zapdos, and Ho-oh in it, so I didn't restart it. The player had left off right in front of that forest following the Valley Windworks, the forest in which I caught a Gastly. I would continue to use this Gastly throughout the entire game, with it eventually evolving into Haunter. I didn't trade it so it could evolve into Gengar until after I beat the game, but Gengar's design is still my favorite out of the three. It's also notable that the player's name was Toni, so that's what I name all my mons in that line now.

#9: 2 points - Magnemite
This might be the mon that I've used most in playthroughs. I've used it in both regular playthroughs and Nuzlockes (including my current one ;p). It's also fun to imagine having an army of Magnemites, Magnetons, and Magnezones like in that one Pokemon movie.

#10: 1 point - Fletchinder
I could put a lot of mons here, but I decided on Fletchinder because it's my favorite regional bird mon. Similar to Dewott, I find it to be both cute and cool, making it the best out of the line. I also love its typing, which is great for how early you often get in in game and was a good change for the usual Normal/Flying.

HawkAussie

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
10. Ninetales (1 pt)
9. Lucario (2 pts)
8. Nidoqueen (3 pts)
7. Umbreon (4 pts)
6. Milotic (5 pts)
5. Latias (6 pts)
4. Absol (7 pts)
3. Lapras (8 pts)
2. Mawile (9 pts)
1. Glaceon (10 pts)

csidvuL

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019

I'm furious that I had to choose!!!!!!

1: Luvdisc, 10 points
2: Fomantis
3: Tsareena
4: Celesteela
5: Dartrix
6: Croagunk
7: Granbull
8: Budew
9: Pangoro
10: Nickit

Honourable mentions: Garbodor and literally every other poison-type, Klinklang, Trumbeak, Magneton, Comfey

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
#1: Audino
#2: Alolan Rattata
#3: Flaaffy
#4: Banett
#5: Quilladin
#6: Nidorina
#7: Marshtomp
#8: Flygon
#9: Braxion
#10: Buizel

SilverDoe

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
1. Sableye
2. Luxray
3. Weavile
4. Swampert
5. Infernape
6. Kyogre
7. Leafeon
8. Lapras
9. Octillery
10. Falinks

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
This is always challenging…but here's my (approximately) top 10 for this year.

#10 Ariados - I know it's not a good Pokémon in gameplay, but for whatever reason, it's always appealed to me. I do like spiders irl (to an extent), so that probably helps. Plus, using it offers an element of challenge, and that's fun!

#9 Meganium - Starter with a well-rounded BST, and I've got sympathy for the thing since Johto is not a kind place for Grass Pokémon. Plus, it was my starter in my first ever completed run on this forums, so that put it in a special place in my heart.

#8 Nidoking - A reliable 'mon with a wide movepool, and I have fond memories of using them all the time when I was a kid playing Yellow version.

#7 Delphox - It's a fire fox that can cast spells and is obtainable as a gift. What's not to like?

#6 Tyrantrum - I love dinosaurs, so a Tyrannosaurus Pokémon with solid battling capabilities is right up my alley.

#5 Mew - It's terrifically cute, but it also has an aura of great power and mystery as a Mythical Pokémon.

#4 Pikachu - Ever since I started playing Pokémon games with Yellow version, I've been fond of the popular electric mouse. It helps that it is (I think) the only Pokémon I've ever gotten to Level 99.

#3 Scizor - So badass. Plus, Bug/Steel is a really handy typing—just keep it away from fire.

#2 Mewtwo - Aside from also having a sense of power and mystery as a Legendary, Mewtwo's had a lot of great opportunities to establish itself as a character, particularly in the anime's first movie.

#1 Absol - With a sleek design, my favorite type, and a disposition that lends itself to helping others (i.e., warning them of disasters), this Pokémon rises to the very top of my list.

Last edited:

ashdrawsarts

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
#1: Crobat (10 points)
#2: Mimikyu
#3: Polteageist
#4: Golett
#5: Chandelure
#6: Galvantula
#7: Espeon
#8: Rotom
#9: Wooloo
#10: Cutiefly

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
#1: Espeon
#2: Quilava
#3: Alolan Vulpix
#4: Flygon
#5: Togekiss
#6: Mimikyu
#7: Bulbasaur
#8: Crabrwler
#9: Furret
#10: Ribombee

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Oh, so when Onix eats rocks and soil, it's fine, but when I do it, it's suddenly "an affront to nature" and "destroying Mrs. Crenshaw's zen garden"?
#1: 10 points - Onix
#2: 9 points - Ditto
#3: 8 points - Aggron
#4: 7 points - Typhlosion
#5: 6 points - Shuckle
#6: 5 points - Regice
#7: 4 points - Phanpy
#8: 3 points - Krookodile
#9: 2 points - Kangaskhan
#10: 1 point - Bulbasaur

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
#1: Rayquaza
#2: Dialga
#3: Dunsparce
#4: Turtwig
#5: Rockruff
#6: Squirtle
#7: Zorua
#8: Galarian Meowth
#9: Shinx
#10: Alolan Vulpix

Hallow

music person
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 18, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon spends most of their time making music and forgetting to check the forum.
1. Espurr
2. Alolan Vulpix
3. Joltik
4. Falinks
5. Gallade
6. Vanillite
7. Meloetta
8. Galarian Ponyta
9. Galvantula
10. Zorua

Honorable mention which I wish I could have fit in this list: Dottler

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
My list doesn't ever really change tbh:

1) Charizard (10 pts)
2) Lucario (9 pts)
3) Grovyle (8 pts)
4) Skarmory (7 pts)
5) Feraligatr (6 pts)
6) Sceptile (5 pts)
7) Zoroark (4 pts)
8) Gyarados (3 pts)
9) Garchomp (2 pts)
10) Nidoking (1 pt)

I could easily make a top 15 tbh: Krookodile, Aggron, Haxorus, Ampharos, and Salamence could all sneak into my top 10 depending on how I'm feeling. I haven't found any 'mons from Gens 6 or 7 that would make my top 20 or so, but there are some that have grown on me: Greninja, Noivern, Incineroar, Vikavolt, Lycanroc, and Mudsdale are all fairly high on my list.

Tsugumi Hazawa

Ordinary but Hardworking
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Haneoka High School (IRL: Makassar, Indonesia)
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
Character: She/Her, IRL: He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal
So, let's start with ascending order of points then:
#10: 1 point for Emolga
#9: 2 points for Magikarp
#8: 3 points for Pikachu
#7: 4 points for Lapras
#6: 5 points for Arcanine
#5: 6 points for Samurott
#4: 7 points for Mimikyu
#3: 8 points for Venusaur
#2: 9 points for Heracross
And #1? 10 points for... Cinccino

pikaWHAT?

What?
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 27, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
It honestly thinks most of what it says is funny, have pity on it. Is on tonight, its hips don't lie, and it's starting to feel you.
#1: 10 points for Squirtle
#2: 9 points for Rillaboom
#3: 8 points for Piplup
#4: 7 points for Copperajah
#5: 6 points for Blastoise
#6: 5 points for Hawlucha
#7: 4 points for Empoleon
#8: 3 points for Mareep
#9: 2 points for Aurorus
#10: 1 point for Tyranitar

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hi guys! i'm going to extend the vote deadline by two weeks. this places the new deadline on february 16th, at the same time. i still need more votes!! so if you haven't voted yet please make sure you do, and tell all your friends to vote as well!!

Second

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Protagonist but in Real Life
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
They / Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon has a tendency to start many projects as they come to mind, but they tend to only finish projects other people have made deadlines for.
oh hey i should pick some favorite pokemon

10 (1pt). Dracovish, it's an abomination against nature but it deserves love.
9 (2pt). Cubone, because I'm an edgy entity sometimes.
8 (3pt). Staraptor, for being my favorite regional bird and a Friend.
7 (4pt). Yveltal, for being my favorite legendary Pokemon.
6 (5pt). Luxray, for being my favorite electric type and just a badass Pokemon in general.
5 (6pt). Alolan Sandslash, because all Sandshrew are good but the Alolan Sandslash beats the Sandshrew by just a bit.
4 (7pt). Ponyta, because "Fire Horse" is just impossible not to love?
3 (8pt). Turtwig, for being my favorite starter.
2 (9pt). Skiddo, for being a very cute and huggable goat.
1 (10pt). Sandshrew, the cutest, bestest, most huggable Pokemon, and you can fight me on this.

Bisharp512

Owner of 50 pet Drednaws
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
They/them!
Pokémon Type
Bug, Steel
#1: 10 points for Bisharp
#2: 9 points for Forretress
#3: 8 points for Shedinja
#4: 7 points for Dhelmise
#5: 6 points for Drednaw
#6: 5 points for Sigilyph
#7: 4 points for Dracovish
#8: 3 points for Falinks
#9: 2 points for Garbodor
#10: 1 point for Inteleon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)