• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

General  Nuzlocke Community Top 50 - 2020 Edition!

Thread Description
pokemon go to the polls

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
Hello friends, and happy new year! Sword and Shield have been out for roughly a month and a half now, and I bet you guys are all itching to share who your new favourites are from the new games. Well, the wait is over! Now in its EIGHTH instalment, the Nuzlocke Community Top 50 is back -- the event where we gather input from forum users just like YOU, to determine which Pokémon is the forum's collectively most adored!

So how does it all work? Well, similar to previous years, in order to submit your vote, all you must do is provide a list of your top ten favourite Pokémon. You may edit this list as many times as you like up until voting closes, although to save me headache I would prefer if I was notified of any edits you want to make as they're made. You may also add supplementary images or text to explain your choices in more detail, if you like (or don't go into any detail at all - this part is completely up to you).

After your list is submitted, points will be awarded to the Pokémon you listed depending on how you ranked them:

#1: 10 points
#2: 9 points
#3: 8 points
#4: 7 points
#5: 6 points
#6: 5 points
#7: 4 points
#8: 3 points
#9: 2 points
#10: 1 point

After the poll is closed, point totals will be calculated and the top 50 will be ranked. Ties will be broken by total number of votes, then first-place votes, then second-place votes, and so on.

Here are some guidelines to keep in mind while voting - please read these carefully, as not following these could result in your vote not being counted.
  • Please vote for individual Pokémon only - no voting for entire evolutionary lines in one spot, no ties for a certain spot, etc.
  • You may only vote for a Pokémon once. I totally understand how the raw appeal of a Pokémon like Garbodor could get to someone, but unfortunately you can only put it in a maximum of one spot on your list.
  • Similar to previous years, Alolan and Galarian Forms will be counted separately from their default forms, and you can vote for them separately from each other. Not specifying a vote for a regional variant will give the points to the default form.
  • Additionally, you may vote for any of the alternate forms of Rotom, Kyurem, Zygarde, and Necrozma separately, although voting for Ultra Necrozma will only give points toward default Necrozma. Again, not specifying voting for a certain alternate form will give the points to the default.
  • Voting specifically for Mega Pokémon, or any alternate form of a Pokémon not specified above (such as Shaymin-Sky or any of the Oricorios), will give the points to the default form instead.
Also, some general rules of conduct:
  • Please be respectful of everyone's decisions, during the poll and after the results. Everyone has their equally valid reasons for liking certain Pokémon, and it's not a good look to be judgmental or pretentious about them.
  • When posting your list, I'd really appreciate it if it was made clear whether you're counting 1 up to 10 or 10 down to 1 - this may seem like a silly thing to say, but sometimes it's hard to tell!
  • If I contact you to change your list at any time, which implies your list violates a rule, you must change it before polling closes or your list will not be counted.
The poll will close after one month - that places our initial deadline on February 2nd, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST (4:59 AM GMT). If I have not received a number of votes that I deem to be enough to effectively calculate a top 50, the polling period will be extended for an additional two weeks.

How will the advent of Generation VIII affect the poll? Will we see the rise of a notable newcomer similar to Mimikyu in the previous generation? Will Charizard finally be able to reclaim the throne? Or will something totally unexpected win it all? You'll just have to wait and see!

Here are some resources to help you out in making your final list:

Favourite Pokémon Picker (unfortunately this isn't updated for the new games as of yet, so you'll have to work in any Gen VIII additions on your own)
List of All Pokémon

Special thanks once again to Jackinev for doctoring up a snazzy results spreadsheet for this year - couldn't do this without ya, buddy

And with all that out of the way, I declare this year's poll officially OPEN! So go do your civic duty and vote, ya nerds

whew i'm turning off the uppercase official mode now thank god

10. Pancham

back when i was still known as spectrumpanda, i just remember being super excited when theyd finally released a bona fide panda mon to act as my mascot. pandas are still my favourite animals today and i'd be remiss to leave this adrable cutie pie off my list.

9. Scolipede

me loving this thing is a very recent development because of draft leagues, but GOD it's so good. there is literally nothing more satisfying than getting a nice, clean sweep on your opponent with a set-up scolipede, and its contributions to my forays into competitive have given me a really deep and profound appreciation to this pokémon.

8. Crobat

this one's basically here because of how i've used it in nuzlockes. my first attempt at a black 2 nuzlocke was more or less a trainwreck, with every gym wiping my team save for my crobat, who i became very attached to. i never completed that run, but when i came back to black 2 years later, i got another crobat who, while carrying the spirit of my old one and doing very well, unfortunately died at the hands of hugh. in my recent soulsilver nuzlocke, the crobat i caught very early on kicked all sorts of tail and made it into the hall of fame. it's super speedy and hits hard and is a staple on any team, honestly.

7. Espeon

espeon has been my favourite eeveelution basically since pokémon colosseum, and honestly, what's there not to like? it's a calm, elegant, and reserved psychic type with a great design that's really fun to use. it's come along with me in two nuzlockes now, and both times it's been a saving grace. we stan espeon in this house.

6. Rotom

this pokémon has always captivated me since it came out - it's competitively versatile and its design is incredibly cool, conceptually and visually. rotom is one of my favourite things to use in competitive, since with its many different forms it's really easy to just slot into any team. on top of that, my rotom in my platinum nuzlocke was instrumental in helping me beat the game. i love this lil prankster to pieces.

5. Mimikyu

mimikyu is pure and good and must be protected at all costs!!!!! he just wants friends!!!!!!!! be nice to him!!!!!!!!!

4. Floatzel

ok yeah obviously this was gonna turn up at one point or another. so i came to really love floatzel, like rotom, through my first platinum nuzlocke. i'd been having a rough go at it - it was just before fantina, and my prinplup had just died. i ended up training up this buizel i had as a replacement, and her name was wendy. she evolved just before i went in to fight fantina, and she had just learned crunch and tore everything a new one. she continued to tear through all of sinnoh up until snowpoint city, where some unfortunate damage rolls killed her in the snowpoint gym. wendy was the most devastating death i'd had in the run, and possibly the most devastating death i've had in all of my nuzlocke runs. she's the reason why floatzel is such a beloved pokémon for me, and the reason why my username is alolan floatzel today.

3. Ampharos

and immediately after that emotional outpouring is a fluffie babie

seriously i've loved ampharos for as long as i can remember. even as my faves have changed over the years, it's always stayed in my top picks somehow. it was one of the first mons i'd ever leveled all the way to level 100, archer the ampharos was a beast in my soulsilver locke, i basically always use ampharos when i run through colosseum or xd, i just love my sheep son. i don't really have a lot of explanation other than that, he's just so goddamn good.

2. Cyndaquil

a trend in my faves is "cutie pie babies i want to hug" i guess

cyndaquil and the cyndaquil line has always been my favourite line of starters. while i don't think i've actually used it proper in a lot of runs save for my very first playthrough of soulsilver, i just can't get away from how adorable and cute they are! i've collected at least four different cyndaquil plushies and i have a cyndaquil trinket on my bag that i carry around with me everywhere. they just make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and i love them.

1. Stufful

so i have a really cute story about this one, actually. when i went to the 2018 pokémon world championships in nashville, there was a prize exchange for people who were participating in the fun side tournaments throughout the day. at this point, stufful wasn't really a mon that especially stuck out to me in my head; i was just like oh, this thing is adorable as hell but i mean so are a lot of other pokémon so whatever. however, i saw a stufful plushie in that prize exchange, and i decided it was the softest and most precious thing i had ever seen and that absolutely had to have it. i spent the day majorly making a fool out of myself in pokkén tournament invitationals before i'd finally scraped together enough credits to get my new friend.

after nashville, i jetted off to europe for a semester abroad, and my stufful plushie (affectionately nicknamed snuffles by my soon-to-be boyfriend) came with me. he became my travel companion, coming with me to every new city i visited.

when i met up with my boyfriend in london, we decided that snuffles was our son, and that we love him very dearly. today, we trade custody of our son, giving him off to the other whenever we see each other. i'd truly bonded with this plushie over my travels and with my boyfriend, and stufful quickly shot up the ranks to become my favourite pokémon of all time. i finally managed to get snuffles in a game when i got shield last week, and he became a big scary bewear that crushed everything in its path! i really love him so much.

Rainbow Robin

Toss a coin to your witcher, oh valley of plenty
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
A secret bunker, just off Route 2, next to Greggs
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
Literally Any
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Fighting
#1: 10 points for Obstagoon
#2: 9 points for Snom
#3: 8 points for G-Rapidash
#4: 7 points for Torterra
#5: 6 points for Appletun
#6: 5 points for Tyrantrum
#7: 4 points for Electivire
#8: 3 points for Toxtricity
#9: 2 points for Garchomp
#10: 1 point for Gyarados

EraOfThirteen

Disaster Gremlin
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Water, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is known for rambling at the slightest opportunity. It is almost always seen holding and fiddling with random objects.
#1: 10 points for Weavile
#2: 9 points for Venusaur
#3: 8 points for Floatzel
#4: 7 points for Typhlosion
#5: 6 points for Dragapult
#6: 5 points for Latios
#7: 4 points for Vivillion
#8: 3 points for Ribombee
#9: 2 points for Spewpa
#10: 1 point for Mewtwo

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
1: 10 points for Pumpkaboo
2: 9 points for Parasect
3: 8 points for Vileplume
4: 7 points for Hydreigon
5: 6 points for Walrein
6: 5 points for Dhelmise
7: 4 points for Kingler
8: 3 points for Breloom
9: 2 points for Victreebel
10: 1 point for Arctovish

i'll pretty this up and edit it over the next few weeks idk

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
1. 10 points for Quilava
2. 9 points for Togekiss
3. 8 points for Houndoom
4. 7 points for Snom
5. 6 points for Heliolisk
6. 5 points for Honchkrow
7. 4 points for Crobat
8. 3 points for Krookodile
9. 2 points for Lanturn
10. 1 point for Seaking

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
#1: 10 points to Gyarados
#2: 9 points to Vileplume
#3: 8 points to Galarian Weezing
#4: 7 points to Tyrantrum
#5: 6 points to Chandelure
#6: 5 points to Arctovish
#7: 4 points to Galvantula
#8: 3 points to Gardevoir
#9: 2 points to Ledian
#10: 1 point to Kingler

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
#1: 10 points to Incineroar
#2: 9 points to Garchomp
#3: 8 points to Hypno
#4: 7 points to Toxtricity
#5: 6 points to Weavile
#6: 5 points to Mewtwo
#7: 4 points to Skuntank
#8: 3 points to Suicune
#9: 2 points to Salazzle
#10: 1 point to Dragapult

Xerxos

xerx gon give it to ya
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Nuzlocke Master
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy who does way too many Nuzlockes but never documents them.
#1: 10 points to Ampharos
#2: 9 points to Typhlosion
#3: 8 points to Clefable
#4: 7 points to Espeon
#5: 6 points to Manectric
#6: 5 points to Haxorus
#7: 4 points to Jolteon
#8: 3 points to Nidoking
#9: 2 points to Crobat
#10: 1 point to Arcanine

Rhetco

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
frog/froggum/froggo
Pokémon Type
Cool, Tough
#1: 10 points to Cradily
#2: 9 points to Stakataka
#3: 8 points to Dracovish
#4: 7 points to Seismitoad
#5: 6 points to Xurkitree
#6: 5 points to Rhyperior
#7: 4 points to Jellicent
#8: 3 points to Parasect
#9: 2 points to Heatran
#10: 1 point to Poliwag

PurpleEyedGuma

21st Century Schizoid Mon
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 9, 2019
Pronouns
They / Them
#1. Slurpuff (10 points)
#2. Metagross (9 points)
#3. Mr. Rime (8 points)
#4. Arctovish (7 points)
#5. Garchomp (6 points)
#6. Galarian Linoone (5 points)
#7. Bellsprout (4 points)
#8. Whiscash (3 points)
#9. Trapinch (2 points)
#10. Chansey (1 point)

Last edited:

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
#1: 10 points for Mareep
#2: 9 points for Wartortle
#3: 8 points for Omanyte
#4: 7 points for Feraligatr
#5: 6 points for Torterra
#6: 5 points for Magnemite
#7: 4 points for Magikarp
#8: 3 points for Wailord
#9: 2 points for Tropius
#10: 1 point for Snom

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
#1: 10 points for Goomy
#2: 9 points for Latias
#3: 8 points for Ninetales
#4: 7 points for Umbreon
#5: 6 points for Volcorona
#6: 5 points for Rowlet
#7: 4 points for Infernape
#8: 3 points for Pidgey
#9: 2 points for Dieno
#10: 1 point for Flygon

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
#1: 10 points goes to Furret

#2: 9 points goes to Arcanine

#3: 8 points goes to Celebi

#4: 7 points goes to Umbreon

#5: 6 points goes to Ralts

#6: 5 points goes to Shaymin

#7: 4 points goes to Dragonite

#8: 3 points goes to Mawile

#9: 2 points goes to Snubbull

#10: 1 point goes to Cosmog

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
#1: 10 points for Mareep
#2: 9 points for Gardevoir
#3: 8 points for Mudkip
#4: 7 points for Fletchinder.
#5: 6 points for Hydreigon
#6: 5 points for Serperior
#7: 4 points for Seadra
#8: 3 points for Scolipede
#9: 2 points for Floette
#10: 1 Point for Dunsparce

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
#1: Duskull (10 pts)
#2: Flygon (9 pts)
#3: Chandelure (8 pts)
#4: Dunsparse (7 pts)
#5: Blacephalon (6 pts)
#6: Butterfree (5 pts)
#7: Reuniclus (4 pts)
#8: Noivern (3 pts)
#9: Gliscor (2 pts)
#10: Toxapex (1 pt)

greenchu

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
#1: 10 points - Tyranitar
#2: 9 points - Charizard
#3: 8 points - Grimmsnarl
#4: 7 points - Carracosta
#5: 6 points - Heracross
#6: 5 points - Mewtwo
#7: 4 points - Genesect
#8: 3 points - Giratina
#9: 2 points - Dragonite
#10: 1 point - Zeraora

Heather

blep
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
she/her, they/them works too
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is a flaming lesbian under a mountain of gender dysphoria. Wheeeee!
#1: Empoleon 10 points
#2: Flygon 9 points
#3: Polteageist 8 points
#4: Flapple 7 points
#5: Hitmontop 6 points
#6: Alcremie 5 points
#7: Grapploct 4 points
#8: Sirfetch'd 3 points
#9: Corsola-Galar 2 points
#10: Staraptor 1 point

SweatingCalendar

Alligator lizards in the air, in the aaaaaiiiiiirr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
1. Umbreon (10 pts.)
2. Totodile (9 pts.)
3. Murkrow(8 pts.)
4. Pykumuku(7 pts.)
5. Bulbasaur(6 pts.)
6. Lickitung(5 pts.)
7. Ludicolo(4 pts.)
8. Mothim(3 pts.)
9. Butterfree(2 pts.)
10. Numel(1 pt.)

PageEmperor

Currently busy grinding in my nuzruns and studying
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
Ah rite, this looks fun. I don’t have an exact no. 1 favourite mon or a particular order of favourites so here are 10 mons that I have been interested in as of late and will put in this list.

#1: 10 points for Primarina
#2: 9 points for G-Ponyta
#3: 8 points for Ampharos
#4: 7 points for Feraligatr
#5: 6 points for Greninja
#6: 5 points for Chandelure
#7: 4 points for G-Rapidash
#8: 3 points for Aggron
#9: 2 points for Palossand
#10: 1 point for Mareep

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
10. (1 point) Pangoro

Very huggable and ridiculously strong. I can so clearly see it reluctantly protecting a Trainer like it's no big deal.

9. (2 points) Ribombee

It wears a SCARF! And it learns Moonblast! Cool!

8. (3 points) Leafeon

I had a friend who played B2 around the same time I played W2. I swept his entire team with Synthesis + Swords Dance, one-shotting his Cobalion with a crit +6 Leaf Blade. Leaf Blade and Swords Dance are some of my favorite moves, plus, it gets Chlorophyll. One also protected me during my Ultra Sun run.

7. (4 points) Dewott

I love its Gen V sprite! It looks so cute and boyish and adorable! And its cry is adorable, too!

6. (5 points) Hydreigon

It's a big ol' doofy dragon. I know it's supposed to be a terrifying, destructive monster, but... I think it's kind of cute in-game. I also love its name. Hydra + drei + dragon. Very clever.

5. (6 points) Mightyena

Intimidate and Moxie, two of my favorite abilities! I've used one in pretty much every Emerald run I've done, and while I won't pretend it's a strong Pokemon, it is very satisfying to pull off Moxie sweeps with. I also love its design, though not in a cute way. More in a legitimately ferocious way that not a lot of Pokemon capture.

4. (7 points) Shinx

When I was just getting into Pokemon, I started reading the Diamond and Pearl Adventures Manga. I want to say that was the first time I ever saw a Shinx. My first Pokemon game was Explorers of Sky, so naturally, I picked Shinx as my partner. To this day, I still think it's an adorable Pokemon. In other words, this choice is pure nostalgia.

3. (8 points) Lycanroc Midday

If I could have any Pokemon in real life, it would be Lycanroc Midday. It's a dog. It's cute. Unlike Arcanine, it isn't massive and fiery. It's cuter than Boltund, Houndoom, and Herdier. It's not... bizarrely humanoid, like Lucario, Zoroark, and (shudders) Lycanroc Midnight. It was my earliest Pokemon to survive my Sun Nuzlocke, finishing Kukui's Snorlax with a Swords Dance boosted Continental Crush. Normally I dislike Rock types for their low-accuracy moves, but Accelerock is 100% accuracy and priority. I prefer Midday to Dusk because I feel like Dusk only exists to be Midday but stronger. It doesn't really feel like a halfway point between Midday and Midnight, just an imitation of the more impressive Midday.

2. (9 points) Liepard

And not just because of my White 2 run. Taunt + Hone Claws is one of my least favorite sets to run on Liepard. No, I like Liepard for its competitive use. And by "competitive use," I don't mean "Trick and spam Thunder Wave." I mean Nasty Plot + Prankster Copycat sweeps that beat your opponent's priority moves.
Who am I kidding, it's Number 2 entirely because of my White 2 run. I'm still not sure how I brought a Liepard to Iris.

1. (10 points) Absol

Cute as a button, capable of soloing Emerald's E4 + Wallace, access to Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, and Play Rough, a Mega Evolution that actually looks cool and doesn't involve horribly mutilating itself in some way, a weird scythe thing on its head that it can just impale people with using Megahorn, and so beautifully misunderstood in universe. I am a massive sucker for Dark types, and Absol is the most not evil Dark type I can think of. It's one of the few Pokemon explicitly stated to dislike battling, which I am also a sucker for. Its pose in its 3D models is very stoic and noble looking. The whole "disaster prediction" thing also has some easter eggs to it. It appears at the peak of Mt. Coronet in Platinum, right before Giratina is summoned. It appears in Giant Chasm in Black and White, trying to warn Trainers about Kyurem, or possibly about Team Plasma's use of the Giant Chasm in B2W2.
Also the fur around its neck looks very floofy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)