• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

NPW: Nuzlocke Pro Wrestling [Mafia]

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
I too am Big Man (not really but imagine)

I don't know how to feel. I'm inclined to trust shiny since he essentially came out of the gate w the claim and the person, but I also don't know if Cirr would come out and put an extra spotlight on himself after shiny pinned him as mafia.

Eh, too much thought
Vote: Cirr

RotBones

The Murder of Crows
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pokémon Type
Dark, Flying
Pokédex Entry
It quietly lurks around creative spaces. After a swift interaction, it retreats to the shadows to continue its search for new comics.
The Oracle enters the arena, looks around and scoffs. His cloak somehow waves in the non-existent breeze.

Well, I am not the Big Man, to start off.

Shiny's first post claiming Cirr as mafia combined with Cirr's investigation turning up village leads me to suspect him as mafia, especially since counterclaiming could move the spotlight off of them. Claiming Jane as village rather than another role reduces their chances of being exposed by the true person who has the role, which could either be just a case of bad luck, or a strategic choice. I'm going to assume the latter.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
wait, the investigation role i got investigates alignment, not role.

@boomdidiyadah could you confirm?

pluslefan

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Terrified of The Fabulous Flier, were you? I can't blame you, my charms have been known to bewitch man and woman alike!

I'll be back next season!!!!!

JaneWolf

Kanto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 6, 2019
This friken meme!!!!!!!!! Yes, I am village no I'm not Big Man.

So the chances of Shiny just saying cirr and catching big man is so low. We should get confirmation from hobo on if investigation gives role or alignment just to be sure and that will actually confirm which of them lying just based on rules. Unless this is some game-specific unspecified rule.

boomdidiyadah

Looking into middle distance
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Quietly sings to itself quite constantly, and is said to always have a song inside its head. Despite this, it has a terrible singing voice.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The investigator finds alignment. I do realize I erred by making the alignment names the same as the villager/mafioso names (Face/Heel), which may have caused confusion. My apologies.

solaris127h

Totally not an AI
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
That may have been a bit confusing yeah, but since Shiny could've easily meant 'heel' as in 'mafia generally' and Cirr only mentioned village alignment, this doesn't change too much.

The bigger and more damning issue for Cirr is still the fact that Shiny said he found a mafia member, which wouldn't make a lot of sense if he was mafia himself. If Cirr turned up village, we'd just kill Shiny the next day and it seems like a weird strategy to base everything upon hoping you randomly get a lynch on the Big Man (or the Enforcer/doctor or 3P).

greenchu

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
We should get confirmation from hobo on if investigation gives role or alignment just to be sure
@hobohunter you're not a player in the game, nor are you a host, but Jane seems to think that you have information that we don't. You've been awfully quiet this game, in fact, you haven't even made a single post in this thread! Very suspicious, if you ask me. Some of you may laugh, but hobohunter not being in the game and then suddenly joining and hitting someone in the face with a steel chair would be the most WWE thing ever.

I agree with Sol that mafia probably wouldn't fakeclaim like that Day 1. At first I thought they could since we could be at mylo on Day 2 afterward, but like Jane said the chances of mafia just throwing out Cirr's name and having them simultaneously be the Cop is really low.

Also, if Shiny is indeed our Cop, then we basically just get confirmation of everyone's alignments right? Mafia can't get through the Enforcer, the only way they can is if they randomly roleblock them and hit Shiny in the same night.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
yeah I honestly have no clue what to say since mafia got so lucky

Just remember to lynch shiny after I die

A shiny pikachu?

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
I don't know why i really have to defend myself but here we go.
Doesn't make much sense for a mafia to claim a role right away when they could probably stay quite a get a lynch in without being found out as mafia.
Cirr only claimed big man because it was his only option, because no one would cc me or the other mafia would expose them self when cirr or me is lynched.

JaneWolf

Kanto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 6, 2019
OMG I total thought hobo was running this game (I thought he was next) I even asked him if he thought I was arrogant due to the character description I was given. ....Wow I'm an idiot.

I choose Cirr then since Shiney did speak first.

boomdidiyadah

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Quietly sings to itself quite constantly, and is said to always have a song inside its head. Despite this, it has a terrible singing voice.
The group of wrestlers surround The Coffin. He attempts to use a Tombstone on Ka-Ching Kenny, but is quickly overwhelmed by the combined forces of the others. Mr Big Man Dude finishes by kicking him into the side of the ring! The Coffin falls open to reveal... a Heel's soul! "I will have my revenge!" cries the soul as it flies away.

Dead: Cirr (Heel)

Night 2 begi-

"Hold it, hold it, hold it!" comes a wheezing voice from the stadium entrance.

It's the Chairman of NPW... Mr. Silph!

"Now, I must admit this has all been rather interesting." the old man continues. "But I'm afraid the ratings for yesterday just weren't very high. Which is why the Board of Directors and I have agreed... that we need to spice things up a little."

He coughs into a handkerchief, then retrieves a small ring from within his coat pocket. "This ring... is the last remnant of the legendary champion "The Terror" Tanner. It will grant mystical power to whoever holds it. However... as we live in a democracy... I thought we should all vote on who gets it. In a certain way, yes, yes... oh, and do try and be more entertaining tomorrow."

Night 2 Begins

You will be voting on who receives the ring of power! However, Mr. Silph wants drama, and the best way to have drama is to emphasize the negative. Therefore you will not be voting on who should get the ring, but rather who shouldn't. Each person can vote for one person who should not receive the ring, and the winner will be chosen randomly from those who received no votes. The ring's power will be revealed at the end of the night.
(It is a purely beneficial power, to be clear.)

boomdidiyadah

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
A large figure is seen standing in the locker room backstage. As the camera draws nearer... we are able to make out... a very pointed chin. However, the figure suddenly turns and yells at the cameraman.

"No closer! You could be working for... them."

The cameraman acquiesces, and stops advancing. The figure is standing, vigilant, next to a cloaked person, who sits on the bench.

However, suddenly, a boomerang flies though the air and knocks the guardian unconscious! The cloaked person yells in surprise and runs for the exit, knocking the cameraman to the ground. When the cameraman gets back up, there are two people in the locker room. A black-clad Heel... and the guardian, lying motionless on the floor.

Dead: solaris127h (Enforcer)

The next morning, The Oracle awakens to find a strange ring wrapped up in his cloak. This ring bestows charisma and gravitas, and as such The Oracle's vote counts for two today.

Day 2 Begins

A shiny pikachu?

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
Well this isn't good
I looked at kesha and they are a face
Don't know why i wasn't blocked
Edit who did everyone votes for last night

greenchu

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
Fuck, that really isn't good lmao. For the record the reason I put the vote on Shiny last phase was because everyone else was doing the defending for him, even if Cirr was 99% likely mafia I still don't want to let someone totally off the hook for defending themselves. I just forgot to switch my vote back before the end of the day phase.

On the brightside, we've nailed the last mafia member down to 3: JaneWolf, localhoney, and RotBones. Cirr said that JaneWolf is village, and I'm more likely to believe that they'd say the truth there just because naming your other mafia member as you're going down immediately on Day 1 seems like a ridiculous risk to take. So to me our top 2 candidates this phase should be localhoney and RotBones.

As for the ring, I voted to not let localhoney have it. I don't remember why anymore, I guess I thought they were the scummiest? That being said I'd very much like to know what this ring does before deciding my vote here. @RotBones tell usssssssss

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
For the ring vote, I rolled an RNG and my vote came up Jane. Didn't really get a feeling for anybody so I let a robot decide for me. And I think the ring just makes RotBones' vote count for two, like it says in the update post, unless there's a secondary power that only RotBones knows.

Super unlucky for maf to have nailed the Enforcer, but at least we know greenchu is village and only have to hunt through JaneWolf, RotBones, and I. Agree that it's probably true that Cirr picked Jane and they're likely village, or a third-party on a off chance, but I have no reason to cast my vote towards RotBones since they've made just as many posts as I have in the last day phase.

RotBones

The Murder of Crows
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pokémon Type
Dark, Flying
Pokédex Entry
It quietly lurks around creative spaces. After a swift interaction, it retreats to the shadows to continue its search for new comics.
Oh! Thanks for the ring. And thank you sol for protecting me (if that's what the italic text implies, anyways.)

I can confirm that the ring has no secret secondary powers; as far as I know, it only makes my vote count as double.

I voted against Janewolf for the ring. I wanted the ring to go to Shiny so that it would be useful for a confirmed village/face rather than someone else; Janewolf was picked out of a need to pick someone.

As for who we're voting today...I am obviously not going to vote for myself, and I agree that it would be for strange for Cirr to call out another mafia on the first day knowing that they would be eliminated, so JaneWolf is very likely village or possibly even the Manager. That leaves my vote on either localhoney or greenchu (which, speaking of, @localhoney how do you know greenchu is village? Did I miss something?)

Also, @A shiny pikachu? who is Kesha (unless the singer somehow joined the game overnight?)

A shiny pikachu?

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
Kesha =greenchu
So that should answer both your questions.
Personally I think I'm leaning more to localhoney just because the rng thing just seemed to passive if you understand what I mean.
But this is a democracy so what do you all think.
Also manger can you claim because we would like to hit mafia not you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)