• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

NPW: Nuzlocke Pro Wrestling [Mafia]

boomdidiyadah

Looking into middle distance
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Quietly sings to itself quite constantly, and is said to always have a song inside its head. Despite this, it has a terrible singing voice.
Llllllllladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the finest competition in the entire world... Nuzlocke, Pro, Wrestliiiing!

That's right, John, and we've got something very exciting going on tonight. The Nuzlocke Heavyweight Champion himself, The Mighty Machamp, is coming out to the ring to make an announcement.

[Although The Mighty Machamp is normally a spirited fellow, he seems to be in a somber mood tonight.]

Everyone... it pains me to say this. But...

[Suddenly, he pulls out a lottery ticket and waves it in the air. He grins widely.]

I won the lottery! Take that, losers - I'm outta here!

[He throws his title belt to the ground and runs out of the ring. The camera shows him speeding away in a limousine, then returns to the ring, where a stunned referee is handing the belt over to the manager.]

What the hell? Micheal, what does this mean?!

I'll tell you what it means!

[Already several wrestlers have run out to the ring in hopes of seizing the title belt. However, they are unsuccessful.]

It means that there's gonna be a new Nuzlocke Heavyweight Champ!

Hello, everyone! This is my first hosted game of mafia. I hope you will enjoy it, and I welcome any feedback.

This game is themed around professional wrestling. Although professional wrestling in the real world is a performance art in which "match" outcomes are pre-determined, this game will obviously not be.

You will all be wrestlers in the NPW, competing for the prized Nuzlocke Heavyweight Championship. (Which you don't actually need to be a heavyweight to hold.) In order to sign up, please include your wrestler's name and one interesting fact about them. This could be their "gimmick" (pirate, vampire, millionaire, etc.), a notable physical feature (green hair, heavily tattooed, dwarf), or anything else you want. Your wrestler can also be a Pokemon if you want. If you'd like, you can even include stuff like their theme song or their signature move! But I'm not going to force anyone to roleplay, don't worry.

Section 1: How to play the game
1. At the start of the game, every player will receive a PM telling them what their role is, and mafia members will be told who the other mafia members are.
2. The game will consist of alternating night and day phases, starting at Night One. Night phases last 24 hours, and day phases last 48 hours.
3. During the night, players can send night actions by responding to their role PM with their action. In addition to night actions listed in each role description, the mafia can collectively choose one player to kill every night.
4. During the day, all living players can discuss in the thread to determine their next course of action. Anyone can post "Vote: PlayerName" to cast a vote to lynch that player. At the end of the day, if more than 50% of the living players are voting for the same player, that player will be lynched.
5. When a player dies, their role will be revealed in the thread.
6. The village wins when all threats to the village are dead. The mafia wins when the number of mafia members is equal to half of the living players. All third parties have unique win conditions explained in their role description.

Section 2: What not to do
7. If you have a night action, and you don't post or send any actions for three consecutive phases, you will be inactive killed. If you don't have a night action, you'll be inactive killed after missing two consecutive day phases. Players killed by inactivity do not win, even if their win condition is met.
8. Don't metagame. That's when you use info like "Oh, that guy is using the PM system shortly after the night began! He must have some sort of night action!" Metagaming has many forms, so if you think something might be metagaming, check with the host first.
9. Don't play against your side. If your actions are obviously aiming to sabotage your team's chances of winning, that is bad. If you think something might count as playing against your side, ask the host if it is.
10. Don't post in the thread at night.
11. Don't post anything that could influence the game after you're dead. This also applies if you aren't in the game at all.
12. Don't copy and paste or screencap anything sent to you by the host or other players as a form of evidence. This is to make your information not super easy to confirm.

Faces are the heroes. Or technically, they're the ones trying to get cheers from audience, but they're usually heroes.

Face
: You may not have special skills, and you're not amoral, but you're still going to win that belt! (Villager)

Enforcer: You're big, you're tough, and there's not gonna be any funny business while you're around. Each night, you can protect a player from everything except the Big Man's investigation.

Loner: Unlike the other faces, you're taking matters into your own hands. You can eliminate a wrestler during a night phase, but you only have enough energy to do it once. (Vigilante with one bullet)

The Big Man: You've got connections, and every night you can get the dirt on one wrestler. (Investigator)

Heels are the villains, or the ones trying to get boos from the audience.

Heel: You're bad to the bone, and you've formed an alliance with the other heels. The title belt will be yours! (Mafioso)

Foreign Object Wielder: OH MY GOD, HE'S GOT A STEEL CHAIR! You're an expert at rendering people unconscious. You can prevent one person each night from using their ability. (Role-blocker)

Monster: No-one can stand before you! If you are lynched, you will eliminate a random non-mafia who voted for your lynching. And if you are night killed, you will take your killer down with you. (Beast)

And then there are more ambiguous characters.

Tweener: Your morality is vague, but your goal is clear... get the title belt and don't let anyone stand in your way. You can attack 1 player per night... and you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty. (Serial Killer)

Manager: A manager is a non-athletic actor paired with a wrestler. But your wrestler is gone, and your only goal is to survive! To aid you in this pursuit, you have a briefcase that you can use to block one attack. (Survivor with 1 bulletproof vest)

All in good time, now. Professional wrestling thrives on surprise. However, I will say that you may have the chance to acquire items, and that eliminated players may have the chance to return. (This latter one means that you probably shouldn't be letting dead villagers into the mafia chat or anything, just to be clear.)

Player list:

1. Greenchu (Soren Kill-kegaard)

2. localhoney (Big Shot Baywatch Taylor) (Foreign Object Wielder)

3. Cirr (The Coffin) (Heel)

4. RotBones (The Oracle) (Manager)

5. solaris127h (Mr. Dorito) (Enforcer)

6. JaneWolf (Ka-Ching Kenny)

7. pluslefan (The Fabulous Flyer) (Face)

8. A shiny pikachu? (Mr Big Man Dude) (The Big Man)

Last edited:

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
LET'S GET READY TO RUUMBLEEEEEEE

Name: Big Shot Baywatch Taylor
Gimmick: Lifeguard
Interesting fact: can't actually swim, so he's got a big inflatable donut around his waist but he's shredded

Signature Move: Baywatch Bomb (essentially a jackknife powerbomb)

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
in

Name: The Coffin (Cofagrigus)

Interesting fact: is a spooky coffin

RotBones

The Murder of Crows
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pokémon Type
Dark, Flying
Pokédex Entry
It quietly lurks around creative spaces. After a swift interaction, it retreats to the shadows to continue its search for new comics.
"Heh! As I predicted!"

Name: The Oracle
Description: A smug Girafarig wearing a long cloak not suited for any sort of physical activity. Has rarely been seen in a ring, b He claims he can predict the future, among other prophetic abilities; when asked why he didn't warn the company beforehand, he refused to comment.

"Hmm....I predict...that.. the next champion...will be...me!"

solaris127h

Totally not an AI
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
Hi! I've been lurking for a bit but I'd like to try a game!

Name: Mr. Dorito
Gimmick: A handsome renegade from a faraway land, he's got a chin sharp enough to impale a man.
Description:

boomdidiyadah

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Quietly sings to itself quite constantly, and is said to always have a song inside its head. Despite this, it has a terrible singing voice.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

pluslefan

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Oh shit I didn't realize we were doing flavor names..........that's sick.

I can't come up with a cool wrestling name so you can just give me whatever and I'll work it.

boomdidiyadah

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
I can't come up with a cool wrestling name so you can just give me whatever and I'll work it.
Okay! You can be... "The Fabulous Flyer", a young, confident wrestler known for daring aerial manoeuvres.

In addition, we are moving into 24 hour mode! Obviously we didn't get as many players as I hoped, but I've got a cool setup ready, and if anyone wants to still sign up, you're welcome to do so!

A shiny pikachu?

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
Im in

Mr Big man dude
He's had some problems with the I.R.S so he's constantly on the run
He is short and skinny so he can fit in small places
Theme song

Last edited:

boomdidiyadah

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Role PMs have been sent out! I eliminated a few roles to compensate for the decreased amount of players - at first I planned to find a new micro-setup, but eventually I decided to just stick with the one I made. You can see which roles were eliminated in the first post.

If you did not receive a message, you are a Face.

Night 1 begins now!

As you can see, Michael, the arena is empty. No-one present except whatever wrestlers are here... for any reason.

I tell ya, John, I've seen some crazy things done for that title belt in the past. I have a bad feeling about this...

Last edited:

boomdidiyadah

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Night 1 ends

The Fabulous Flyer, clad in blue and white, is cautiously walking through the arena. When suddenly, a burly figure clad entirely in black jumps at him from the shadows! The masked figure slams the Flyer to the ground and begins pummelling him mercilessly. After a while, the figure walks away, leaving the Flyer lying on the cold arena floor.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have just received word that the Fabulous Flyer has been seriously injured and is unable to return to the ring for the near future.

I can't believe he was brutalized like that! And no-one else was around to see who did it...

Yes, indeed. But now, our wrestlers are returning to the ring for today's match.

Dead: pluslefan (Face)

Day 1 begins

A shiny pikachu?

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
Bois bois bois
I am the big man (dude)
I looked at the coffin (cirr) and he was said to be the heel
People can claim not big man and we can get the dub.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
the coffin glows ominously

i am the Big Man

I investigated Jane N1 and they're village

greenchu

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
Vote: Cirr

My take at the moment is that Shiny's story is more likely to be true. @boomdidiyadah the OP didn't quite make it clear, does The Big Man's investigation reveal the target's role or does it reveal their alignment?

solaris127h

Totally not an AI
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
Lol two people claim big man, is anyone else squidward big man?

I feel like mafia is more likely to have an """investigation""" turn up village but it's so bizarre to claim that after A Shiny Pikachu already claims being Big Man and directly implicates Cirr.

Vote: Cirr

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
yeah since it's my word against shiny's for now i guess mafia got lucky

vote: a shiny pikachu?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)