• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot Unova Teen Commentary NONVIABLE POKEMON: WHITE 2 CHALLENGE MODE EDITION

Thread Description
beating white 2 challenge mode but only with bad pokemon!!!! wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

sociopathicotter

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pokémon Type
Water
Just caught up and I love the running commentary - especially the bit with the early Plasma grunt, that reddit incel joke was a bit too on the nose (and the grunt gives you the TM for Frustration to boot, which makes the whole thing even better haha)

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Ooooh, I was wondering if you'd end up catching a Skitty or Delcatty! Rocksteady and Rowley did wonderfully against Burgh and I’m very proud of them.

AnOddEncounter

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Sun Hating Pokemon. Many AnOddEncounters have become addicted to nuzlocking and see playing pokemon normally as a sin to their culture.
Reject Modernity Lopunny Embrace Tradition Delcatty.

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
but what if your golbat loooooves you sooooooo much you just gonna deny him the ability to be purple? huh? you goblin?

Raderph

A Radical Earthling
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
burgh is easymodo but elesa and clay are surely tougher
also return isn't reusable in FRLG i think, and in Johto you can only get one a week so unless you're haxxing or very patient, so strength is still relevant there? Same with RSE but its once a day instead, but you can only get it reusably around gym 7 so...........
catte paw...........................................

Squiggy Azalea

big chungus pls DM me 😳
🎇Contributor
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/they
Pokémon Type
Electric, Tough
Pokédex Entry
pizza pasta mamma mia
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As someone who likes Colress because he's just an interesting character with a HELL of a bop for a battle theme, this comment came for my life and instantly ended it.

How dare you.
It's Working. :]

Burgh is easy because while Bug types got a huge buff this gen, he's still the third gym leader. Not to mention he lost access to Whirlipede since that's Roxie's ace this time. The only thing that makes him harder is randomized runs if you go with similar strength, since Leavanny has some pretty great stats.

Nice to see Delcatty get some love and thankfully you got Cute Charm over Normalize. Hopefully Elesa will be more of a challenge for you; I can't remember if any ground types would be on your unviable list. Good luck with Route 4 and the Desert Resort!
Yeah, Burgh is pretty damn easy, definitely one of the easier leaders in BW2 for sure.
I can't wait to use more of this Delcatty not gonna lie, it'd be fun as hell to meme on the game with it :V (now if only princess had normalize it'd be even funnier....)

For a nonviable run this sure is going pretty well... a little... too well...

but anyways I hope your Delcatty continues to carry!
Pretty sure Clay's going to be an utter pain in the ass to deal with, so don't worry if this run's going too well for you!

I would've commented on the bulk of Eviolite Golbat, but Onix works as well 👀 too bad it doesn't learn Coil, but perhaps that'd bee a little too viable...

So you bought Sunkern for the gym battle, but not Golbat? Gutsy!
Coil on onix would have been really good, but it sure as hell wouldn't fix Onix's statline :V

Well yeah, Wolfganger's pretty much the run's mascot: I can't just leave him in the box!

>nonviable Pokemon run going well

Something's wrong here. I can feel it. Also hell yeah RETURN BABYYYYYYYYY
Hey, just because my nonviable run is going well doesn't mean anything! Stop jinxing my super cool run!!!

This is nice-fangame-level generous, i swear xD i love this so much, makes up for them messing Thief up haha

ohhhh that's why people on here like him so much! ...i feel like i've learned sacred knowledge xD

that one moment when your best bulky 'mon is also the one with piddly Sp Def and HP and 2 quad weaknesses D: i feel sorry for u in advance haha ;p

imagine grinding all that way and using a valuable moon stone and then u get a Delcatty. why. i like most pokemon but delcatty is not one of them D:

it's like the game is making fun of this thing's feebleness ;p "yeah it can't defend for shit, might as well do the most damage it can on the turn it inevitably goes to red HP because it sure as hell can't hit you either"

though it was enough for u to bring it to the bug gym haha xD maybe as a sacrifice?

i didn't realise dwebbles in your run had all the consistency of paper, i expected more from that line
Gonna be honest I think I should play more fangames in order to experience that same type of goodness

Hey, dunsparce and audino exist yknow >:V

I think Delcatty's cute! That's it though, that's pretty much it.

Well at least they're not as blunt with it as they are with Magikarp's entries. (Then again, nothing can beat the bluntness of Magikarp's entries jesus christ)

who needs sacrifices when you got the best team in all of unova? :V

I mean, this is STAB max power Return boosted by Silk Scarf. Shit hurts!

Oh it rocks, but Gen 6 Exp Share occasionally lets your whole team stay several levels ahead of everything you talk to at any point in time.

Golbat is amazing and I am not taking questions.

Honestly? Strength is easily the best non-water HM, and debatably the second-best HM out there.

We don't want to WIN, we want to sneer at REGULAR PEOPLE with their BORING FUNCTIONAL TEAMS!
Oh yeah it does, thankfully you can deactivate it in gens 6 and 7!

Golbat has a funny mouth and i love it

Yeah I can see that, especially in Gen 2 and 3 since it's pretty much the best Normal-type option you can get outside of Return/Body Slam

that's the spirit son 😎

Wow that was really smooth going! Too smooth! I am now full of fear for the future!!! :D
Are You Sure About That

Just caught up and I love the running commentary - especially the bit with the early Plasma grunt, that reddit incel joke was a bit too on the nose (and the grunt gives you the TM for Frustration to boot, which makes the whole thing even better haha)
That's on gamefreak for accidentally making BW2 team plasma a group of reddit incels

Ooooh, I was wondering if you'd end up catching a Skitty or Delcatty! Rocksteady and Rowley did wonderfully against Burgh and I’m very proud of them.
Delcatty's going to be in the hall of fame, just you wait :V

Reject Modernity Lopunny Embrace Tradition Delcatty.
Who needs a stinkin rabbit when you can get the chaddest of cats 😤 😤 😤 😤

but what if your golbat loooooves you sooooooo much you just gonna deny him the ability to be purple? huh? you goblin?
Yes.

burgh is easymodo but elesa and clay are surely tougher
also return isn't reusable in FRLG i think, and in Johto you can only get one a week so unless you're haxxing or very patient, so strength is still relevant there? Same with RSE but its once a day instead, but you can only get it reusably around gym 7 so...........
catte paw...........................................
They absolutely will be, yeah

Return isn't reusable in FRLG, yep! Though you bring a fair point with RSE and Johto, they're both reusable, just very tedious to do.

Whoa mama it's time for another update!!! Gadzooks :O

Welcome to Nonviable White 2, where we show our very good (but bad) Pokemon to complete strangers, and--wait what

Well yeah, her name's Saucy Sara, you should learn it too smh 😤

Dude, it's a series targeted towards little kids: it's not that hard.

It's obviously about overthrowing the government and putting the entire world into a state of anarchy! I mean, why do we face the champion in every single game? Simple: the main character's just a bored, teenager who is unsatisfied with the current champion's position and decides to overthrow them in order to create a world of chaos! Crazy, right?

anyways let's ignore that dumb statement that i pulled out of my ass just now and go to the Cool Desert Route

Oh nice: I love Crustle, it's super cute! Do you like it?

Hey, what gives? You didn't have to flip me off like that! I just wanted to know your thoughts on crustle!

Ah dammit, and now they're all gone: can't you see what you've done now?

The fuck do you mean by that?? Stop being so rude to me and apologize!

Oh that's it. You wanna fight, bucko?

Well shit, there's his answer.

First turn went simple enough: Spark did slightly more than I expected, though I'll admit that the sand damage doesn't help our situation whatsoever, and it doesn't help that Colress also has a Super Potion in hand, which is simply... great. Fantastic. Amazing.

A Rock Smash and a Flame Burst later, and we defeat the Magnemite! Overall, doesn't seem too bad right now...

...Until I remember that Klink's still a thing, and my best check against it has less than half of her HP remaining.

Time to send out Princess ❤ ❤ then! This might be a "haha funny joke" for some of you guys, but she does have Rock Smash, and it's super effective on Klink, so...

So, yeah! One Rock Smash later, and it's pretty much done! That Gear Grind might have been scary, but it's nothing for Princess ❤ ❤ . What do you think, Colress?

Yeah, fucking thought so, bitch.

I mean, I don't see anything wrong with your Growlithe, it's cute and--OH GOD IT HAS FIRE FANG OH NO

Alright!! Now, let's see if Air Cutter can defeat this Growlithe--oh goddammit of course it didnt

fuck dude how in the world did a fucking growlithe do this much

Alright, well... That was a dud, let's see if this next trainer is good enough for Rowley to handle!

NOPE NOPE NOPE NEVER MIND NEVER FUCKING MIND ABORT

dawg im sure you can just read the run's title yknow

no need to ask me this dumb question

Oh fuck I forgot this item was here! I don't... think I plan on using it, though? Dodgetanking in Pokemon games has never been super reliable for me, so I'm not really keen on it. But hey, I'm not every Nuzlocke player: I'm sure there's going to be a bunch of people who absolutely love to use dodgetanking as a strat for their pokemon fights!

I

uhhh

okay?? Is it even possible to meet this guy's criteria at this point in the game??? Fuck if I know

Anyways it's time to get Dig! I love getting Dig in these games, it's always been useful at this point in the game: which is why I gave it to everyone that could learn it in my team! That way

Thank god I remembered that this bitch had a Liepard as her lead and didn't send Rowley to a premature death. That would've been the fucking worst

Anyways, time to get another encounter, and it's Maractus! This will probably be one of the very few documented nuzlocke runs in this forum that will actually use Maractus unironically (hopefully), so it better pull some damn good weight.

Oh finally, I got a screenshot of this! So yeah, this is one of many funfest missions that you can get on the overworld: it's all good stuff and I'll probably cover it in a future update.

lmao who names their kid future

Please leave me alone you scare me

Ma'am that is NOT how deserts work. Deserts are all *swoooooosh* and *sweeeeeeesh* and then you end up with at least 4 digits' worth of sand all over your body.

And now: Relic Castle! We get a new token because there's no available encounter in this route, we get a new TM and Rowley gets a new move to mess around with!

...And that was Relic Castle!

And now, time for the best part of this update.

We won't really talk about Join Avenue that much in this update sadly: it's already big enough as it is.

Also I chose poggers for both as my favorite phrase and one that i use when i'm impressed because let's be real poggers is the new swag

and of course you can't have poggers without the pogchamp :V

And with that, it's time to go to Nimbasa City! We've got some stuff to get here, such as these 5 TMs: Echoed Voice and Gyro Ball might not be the most useful TMs in the block, but I'm definitely going to get use off of Thunder Wave and the screens: they're just so damn useful I can't not use them, yknow?

yeah it blows my mind how fugly they look im sorry i prefer their og counterparts

Also, it's FINALLY time to get our very own Sun Stone to evolve Wolfganger! Seriously, now he can actually do something instead of being a sitting duck--I mean, our mascot for the run. Yeah.

We're gonna get two new encounters in these next areas: Route 16 will net us Liepard, which is... very much a Pokemon that has movepool issues, especially when talking about STAB options. Fortunately its movepool got buffed between BW1 and BW2, so hopefully it'll be worth using in this run!

also jesus christ why do you have such a small footprint delcatty had one that was like miles bigger than yours

The final encounter in this update is none other than Emolga! finally we get an electric-type omg

Emolga's gonna be super useful for us, that's for sure: I honestly can't wait to use it.

NEXT TIME: God uhhh
grinding? join avenue? funfest missions? sure lmao

Uncle Pine

This kills the crab
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2019
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
I bet Saucy Sara is displaying more self-confidence because unlike other Slugma she's not a trashfire.

Emolga is probably going to be a lot of fun, as Electric-types tend to be in nuzlockes where there are limited options due to Thunderbolt being, well, self-explanatory.
Maractus gets one of the most game-breaking moves in the hands of not the AI (Acupressure), but even with Leech Seed support I don't see the option of getting too much mileage out of it with the limitations on in-battle healing.

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting

It's obviously about overthrowing the government and putting the entire world into a state of anarchy! I mean, why do we face the champion in every single game? Simple: the main character's just a bored, teenager who is unsatisfied with the current champion's position and decides to overthrow them in order to create a world of chaos! Crazy, right?
Anarcho-communist revolution, comrades!

Yeah, fucking thought so, bitch.
Really love this. Just the way Colress goes from "odd scientist" to "raging asshole" with the power of editing!

lmao who names their kid future
Psychics.

The final encounter in this update is none other than Emolga! finally we get an electric-type omg

Emolga's gonna be super useful for us, that's for sure: I honestly can't wait to use it.

NEXT TIME: God uhhh
grinding? join avenue? funfest missions? sure lmao
I have literally never seen an Emolga used.

I bet Saucy Sara is displaying more self-confidence because unlike other Slugma she's not a trashfire.
Well, Saucy Sara is considered nonviable, a rude way to say that is trash, and she's on fire...

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
this ghost tries to be cool and kinda angsty, but ends up keysmashing about cute things anyway. they may project a bit too much onto their writing.

u may laugh but there are no doubt many fanfics about this idea which are being taken very, very seriously by their writers ;p xD

(which is valid and everyone has to start somewhere in terms of writing plots of c, i'm just kidding around ;d/igfdkjghdf)
I'm sure there's going to be a bunch of people who absolutely love to use dodgetanking as a strat for their pokemon fights!
hahaha yes um i've definitely not done that or anything in the past with a tanky 'mon, not me! i don;t feel attacced! who would ever do that d.kfjhdsjkgfhdskghf
I'm definitely going to get use off of Thunder Wave and the screens: they're just so damn useful I can't not use them, yknow?
there's nothing wrong with spamming dual screens and paralysis in every single battle ;pppppp some say it's boring, i call it nuzlocke security xD ;p
yeah it blows my mind how fugly they look im sorry i prefer their og counterparts
agreed like u are most valid, petition to make shiny krok lose its Intimidate ability because that poor thing is scaring no-one

who on earth designed those weird colours on it, it looks like it has like very thin fake gold bands around its body

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
I hurt my stomach laughing so hard at "Poggers" being shouted out in Join Avenue, just fucking imagine being an normal person and there's like, Poggers Parade going on out of nowhere and being so confused.

Also, Maractus!!! I love that funky lil fella!!!

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Chachactus almost made me laugh out loud. Certified funny. I remember using a Maractus in BW and it was pretty nifty!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
I am so excited to see a maractus used unironically cause it always felt like it had a lot of potential.

Also suddenly hearing a whole bunch of people scream out poggers because the pogchamp told them to you is an amazing visual.

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
you know, reading this and seeing "lmao who names their kid future" i was reminded of all the poor saps that had hippies for parents
like come on, name your kid something other than waterfall what the hell

Raderph

A Radical Earthling
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
pog ave pog ave

I used a Liepard in my last B2 run and it was basically just nasty plot --> haha dark pulse go brrrrrrrr
I think its underrated, it can take a neutral hit at least once and try for a sweep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)