• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot Unova Teen Commentary NONVIABLE POKEMON: WHITE 2 CHALLENGE MODE EDITION

Thread Description
beating white 2 challenge mode but only with bad pokemon!!!! wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I love each and every member of the team so far and fellas is never going to get old

AnOddEncounter

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Sun Hating Pokemon. Many AnOddEncounters have become addicted to nuzlocking and see playing pokemon normally as a sin to their culture.
Beheeyem is honestly, WAY stronger than it looks. You have to Baby it until you get to evolve it but once you get Beheeyem its worth it. Nothing feels better than being able to solo 3/4 of the E4 in BW thanks to Calm Mind.

Squiggy Azalea

big chungus pls DM me 😳
🎇Contributor
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/they
Pokémon Type
Electric, Tough
Pokédex Entry
pizza pasta mamma mia
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was wondering how you were going to handle the Virbank Complex encounters since the majority of Pokemon you can get are really good unless you go for dupes. Dunsparce is a Pokemon that's interesting, but I've never used. I do have a lot of respect for it though because every time I randomize a game, Dunsparce ends up with Judgement. And I try to respect Pokemon with the moves of the equivalent of God.

I never actually used the Entralink in B2/W2 because I assumed it required a wireless connection to function like in Black/White. Thanks for educating me so that I may potentially break the game over my knee if I choose to next time I play. After you do the next way to potentially break the game over your knee in the next part. Have fun and good luck!
Dunsparce is a goode boy and I love it very much
the fact that yours got judgment is funny as shit though LOL

Not gonna lie I definitely wanna do more of the additional shit in bw2 since i really love the game and enjoy doing all of the random shit in there, so maybe you might see more of pokestar studios as well :V

ahhh!! a dunsparce! they're one of my favorite pokemon too, and years before i knew of this place, i did a solo run in soul silver with one! i spent an hour catching dunsparces in dark cave, got one with serene grace and named her parfait and we kicked butt throughout johto AND kanto! and beat red!
Oh that's awesome! Serene Grace Dunsparce is 100% goals for me, I just wish I didn't have crummy luck with Abilities 😔

I find the fact that you managed to reference both Black Adventures and Yu-Gi-OhTAS in a single nickname to be positively amazing!

You're right, I don't think I've ever seen stuff done with B2W2's extralink. I did use its equivalent on my Pokemon White cartridge, but since I've only played the sequels on perfectly legal and legit hardware the thought of prying into that functionality never occurred to me. Those are some really useful berries!

And, uh... That's a Run Away Dunsparce. :dealwithit:
The Entralink in BW1 is imo worse than its BW2 counterpart because you're forced to connect to another game wheras with BW2 you have the funfest missions at least.

also yeah run away dunsparce sure is a bruh moment 😔

i feel like i am not getting something here maybe ;p "big-headed" in the UK at least means like your head's swelled up so much from ego haha

are u kidding mate u beat the hardest early-game 'mon with *sunkern*, that's hella hype! that is one of the most badass things i've seen in BW2, and yes i'm counting N's legendary pokemon saving the trainer in-story xD

i feel like this is how edgy fangames started. the developers looked at this dialogue, thought "man it really needs swearing" then had the lightbulb moment of "what if an entire pokemon game had swearing" ;pppp

awww this is just a kid, he probably simply wants roxie's autograph and a tiny pat on the shoulder xD

the pidove line is epic actually xD except the noodle-head male unfezant haha

i loved the toxic badge too!! and then my friend ruined it for me by saying it... maybe looked like something that i am not elaborating about on this forum. needless to say, my poor eyes ;p
What, he's a big guy, he's big!
alright alright I understand, there's no need to praise me further :V
let roxie say fuck
male unfezant is actually the best part of the pidove line and you're wrong
the toxic badge looks like some sort of fucked up centipede to me, not like you-know-what

didn't anyone teach you not to look a gift horse in the mouth

(it smells kinda bad)
what if he uses listerine
not even listerine can save us from the odor of a square-toothed hellbeast
damn, you got me there
hey not my fault i wished for a serene grace dunsparce yo, i've used it multiple times and never got one

get my man beheeyem OFF the nonviable list, that dude rules

on another note, seeing entralink stuff is really cool! i've never seen any of that stuff, so it's neat to see new aspects to one of my favorite games.

oh and also i'm so glad i'm not the only one who has trouble with that dunsparce. it'll mess you up
I too was surprised to realise the Mars Attacks! poster child was on the list: with its monstrous 125 Sp.Atk and a basically guaranteed 1.3x damage boost to all of its moves you'd think of it as a Z-move ante litteram on a stick... But then I ran the calcs and discovered it doesn't even OHKO Ghetsis' Hydreigon with Signal Beam, while being OHKOed in return (read: in advance) by Crunch without heavy Defense investment.
yeahhhh, beheeyem is Very Slow and also frail, which isn't Really Good. At least its special attack is pretty damn good tho!

#SnakeyJakeForTheHallOfFame

Also I personally havent played B2W2 and despite reading a few runs based off it I have never heard of entralink in my life. Its really cool to see it tho and it seems like fun.
Please play BW2 it's literally my favorite game of all time you're gonna love it

Also yes, Snakey Jake will definitely go to the hall of fame, just you wait.

New run to look forward too, first time I have seen a nonviable pokemon run on the forums. Gl and if you get a shelmet, name it slurp, give it an eviolite, and then praise it
I might get a Shelmet, but I get to choose the nickname >:V

have fun with pokestar studios

it's actually pretty fun if you get into it but the forced encounter really blows

oh I honestly forgot the entralink even existed
Oh yeah, I plan on doing some wack shit with pokestar in the future, just you wait; also that's fair, no one ever remembers the entralink, even though it's such a cool part of the game 😔

I love each and every member of the team so far and fellas is never going to get old
I'm very glad to hear! Hope you enjoy the rest of this update then :V

Beheeyem is honestly, WAY stronger than it looks. You have to Baby it until you get to evolve it but once you get Beheeyem its worth it. Nothing feels better than being able to solo 3/4 of the E4 in BW thanks to Calm Mind.
Its special attack is very good, yes, but it's also very slow with... kinda middling bulk, and it definitely needs some support.

Also, really, 3 of the elite four? I can see Marshal and Caitlin, but what about Shauntal and Grimsley?

(also it suffers heavily from having a shitty level evolution backed up by poor stats as Elgyem but hey who doesn't in unova am i right)

Okay so first and foremost: Holy Shit where did you guys come from and what the fuck

I'm glad you all enjoyed my run, but still! That's a ton of comments! Jesus...

Hopefully you guys don't mind this update, it's pretty filler-y, so there won't be many catches or Gym Battles in here, so bear that in mind, please!

With that said, enjoy!!

Welcome to Nonviable White 2, today we're going to do something... yeah. Something. It's the tutorial to Pokestar Studios, which... I'll admit, it's a very charming mode, but it's forced down your throat when you first see it, which definitely turned off a ton of people into trying it.

So, uh... in order to entertain you guys, I've decided to make something a little bit different compared to the other updates. Hope you guys enjoy!

(also have some fitting music for the entirety of the pokestar studios section of this update)

HI GUYS!!! WELCOME TO THIS SUPER FUN FUN MOVIE TIME!!! I'M YOUR HOST, MOVIE JUNKIE MCFUCKTIDDIES, AND I'M HERE TO TELL YOU ABOUT HOW I ABSOLUTELY ADORE MOVIES!!!! WOWZERS!!!!!!

Today we're gonna see a SUPER DUPER ULTRA HYPER EPIC COOL MOVIE made by this boomer of a chud right here!!! I'm sure he's as good of an actor as his wife's cooking, aka: not good whatsoever!!!

Oh boy! Seems like they're banking on some shitty movie to sell well: no wonder this is the Pokemon equivalent of Hollywood!!

Oh NO! Anything but a flashy looking conventionally attractive middle aged man!!! I HATE those guys!!

What inspirational quotes... We can only stan 😤😤😤😤

Never mind, we sleep on him 😴
He's just like the rest!!! What a Bitch

Damn right!!! Go back in your house stinky!!!!

OKAY!! Now that we've bullied a 50 year old dad, it's time to make our VERY OWN, SUPER GOOD movie!! It'll be really nice and good and you guys will LOVE IT... whether you like it or not.

OKAY!! Now that we're making our own movie, it's time to tell you some IMPORTANT TIPS for making movies!! Alright so the first step is--

Hey wait, what the fuck?? Where's my movie?? What do you mean it's already finished?? GET THE FUCK BACK HERE YOU FILTHY PIECE OF SHIT CEO, I WANT MY MOVIE BACK--

Well, that was stupid. Shouldn't have let someone take control over my LP. Anyways, where are we now--oh god dammit, it's Team Plasma.

I like how this guy thought he could've had a chance against a team of six with a level 15 Patrat. It's not even level 16! At least it could've learned Crunch by then, but nooo, grinding's just sooooo hard, there's just No Way you can grind your way to victory!!!! Dumbass.

Also, Cut's here! Shoutouts to this HM for being worthless in like, three games in a row (BW2, XY and ORAS) until it eventually got axed alongside all of the other HMs in Sun and Moon. Rest easy young prince, ya won't be missed.

I feel like this is something an abuser would say

Well, potential abusers aside, we finally got our first evolution! Eyes Emoji's eyes got bigger (same with the rest of his body), and is now capable of pulling his weight even more! I could go for Confuse Ray on his moveset, but I think his current moveset of Return/Crunch/Work Up/Hypnosis works fine enough as it is. Besides, if I ever want to use Confuse Ray, I could always go to the move relearner once we reach it, it's no big deal.

Looks like weenie's got a weenie idea cooking weenily in his weenie mind: good for him! ...For a weenie.

Roxie.

Darling, sweetie. Baby. Don't. His movie was trash. The weird guy who saw it told me so. Dunno what happened to him though, it seemed like he had to go to the hospital.

Anyways, Castelia City's our next destination and here's another moment where the devs decided to flex on us for a little bit with this little cutscene: it's nice to see them when replaying Pokemon games, it makes me think of how far we've been throughout the series :D

this man's gonna tire his ass out before he even finds a speck of a reddit incel wandering out in this city, im betting it right now

I see nothing wrong with it! Probably some very talented and devoted LARPers, nothing to see here.

With that said, it's time to explore the entirety of Castelia! Knowing how big this city is, it's always an utter treat going through it in my opinion. There's just so much to see and most of the stuff that you get is pretty damn good at this point in the game, so it's worth doing it!

Anyways, the Bicycle here will be an awesome way to speed up our movement, because...

...I've decided to do a couple more Funfest missions! You probably already noticed it but yes, I did get the Dowsing Machine and still got over double the score. That's just how busted the speedup button is in these missions and I am *not* ashamed of using it, some of these timers can be a bitch to deal with.

I've also completed the third level of the berry collecting mission for shits and giggles, and BOY HOWDY look at how many bonus pass orbs I just got. Keep in mind that the only Pass Power that I'm currently using a ton rn is the basic EXP Point power, which only costs 2 Pass Orbs and lasts for 3 minutes. Currently, I have, uhh... up to 153 of them! I've done a couple of missions. Just a couple.

Next stop is to collect the three TMs in here: I'll admit, they all got their uses. Maybe I'll even be able to use them in a future fight, who knows? I got enough Chesto Berries for Rest to work, Flash might be useful with the upcoming Thunder Wave TM for some move shenanigans, and the same can be said about Attract, too!

Next, I felt like fighting Morimoto and Nishino. I wanted to send out B3D so that she may evolve into Tranquill, and fortunately she managed to win against all three of them with... good enough effort. She had to use Roost, but other than that? She did well! She is a Good Bird and I'm proud of her.

Next up: Nishino. He only has a Clefairy with Leftovers, and I'll be honest with you all, I'm downright salty at the changes they made to Thief in Gen 5: lemme explain.
Before Gen 5, if you stole an item from a trainer, you get to keep that item: that's not a thing in Gen 5 any longer! And lemme tell you, that shit peeves me to no end, because I want my early Leftovers god dammit.

The Casteliacones here are also really good items to have: they're essentially really cheap Full Heals that can be bought daily and in bulk, which is nothing short of incredible!

also they can be sold at a later point in the game at a much higher price than what they usually sell but shhhhh dont let anyone know

The Amulet Coin is, well, the Amulet Coin. I don't think I need to tell you how good this item is. You all probably know that.

Route 4 also has some notable highlights for us in this update: The breeder is one of them, as she will rematch you every time you re-enter the route, which is... definitely one of the weirder ways to implement a rematch feature in a Pokemon game. It's definitely not as clunky as the Pokegear system in the Johto games, but it's not as clean as say, the ORAS Pokenav, or the VS Seeker in FRLG and the Sinnoh games.

also we get the mystic water but lmao imagine having a water type at this point of the game sure isn't me

Battle Company's the final place we'll visit in this update: much like the Amulet Coin, there really isn't anything to say about the Exp. Share. It's busted, and I love it. :P

Oh, and new moves! Giga Drain is an obvious must have, it's just an excellent recovery move. Then there's Secret Power, which is... pretty much obsolete when compared to fucking Return.

yeah i get that; i'm also a spy

and i'm currently spying a big pile of bullshit right now, it's in your face

Oh boy, it's time for everyone's favorite: CHILD BULLYING BABYYYYYYYY

Yeah so anyway the battle was kinda mid, B3D kinda spammed work up, killed everyone and evolved

NEXT TIME: we're dealing with some sewers??? idk, i think there was plot i didnt really care

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
man, i ADORE castelia city. first arriving there when i played black was mind-boggling, going from the view of sky arrow bridge to the city skyline... gen 5 really was magical, and i haven't really had a pokemon game give me that same feeling since.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
this ghost tries to be cool and kinda angsty, but ends up keysmashing about cute things anyway. they may project a bit too much onto their writing.
Oh NO! Anything but a flashy looking conventionally attractive middle aged man!!! I HATE those guys!!
DFJGVDFHJjshgdfj this made me nearly spit out my drink

What inspirational quotes... We can only stan
still probably more stannable than many other irl movie quotes

Anyways, Castelia City's our next destination and here's another moment where the devs decided to flex on us for a little bit with this little cutscene: it's nice to see them when replaying Pokemon games, it makes me think of how far we've been throughout the series :D
ayyyyy same those cutscenes are awesome and i love thems, they blew me away when i was younger
Flash might be useful with the upcoming Thunder Wave TM for some move shenanigans
Flash and status are an epic combo and I love them. A Confuse Ray/Flash Brightpowder Umbreon is very trolly xD

yeah i get that; i'm also a spy

and i'm currently spying a big pile of bullshit right now, it's in your face
GET THEM
ROAST THEM xD

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
So, uh... in order to entertain you guys, I've decided to make something a little bit different compared to the other updates. Hope you guys enjoy!
HI GUYS!!! WELCOME TO THIS SUPER FUN FUN MOVIE TIME!!! I'M YOUR HOST, MOVIE JUNKIE MCFUCKTIDDIES, AND I'M HERE TO TELL YOU ABOUT HOW I ABSOLUTELY ADORE MOVIES!!!! WOWZERS!!!!!!
I'm dying over here, this was great. Wonderful tonal whiplash.

Today we're gonna see a SUPER DUPER ULTRA HYPER EPIC COOL MOVIE made by this boomer of a chud right here!!! I'm sure he's as good of an actor as his wife's cooking, aka: not good whatsoever!!!
Bad literary analysis with Electro!

You used the word "boomer" in this sentence, therefore you are, in fact in your sixties.

This has been Bad literary analysis with Electro!

Damn right!!! Go back in your house stinky!!!!
Hell yes! Brycen-man, enforcing social distancing!

OKAY!! Now that we've bullied a 50 year old dad, it's time to make our VERY OWN, SUPER GOOD movie!! It'll be really nice and good and you guys will LOVE IT... whether you like it or not.
Hey wait, what the fuck?? Where's my movie?? What do you mean it's already finished?? GET THE FUCK BACK HERE YOU FILTHY PIECE OF SHIT CEO, I WANT MY MOVIE BACK--
A beautiful piece of art, lost to the class war.

I feel like this is something an abuser would say
... I didn't want to ask about the domestic abuse statistics of Team Plasma.

Roxie.

Darling, sweetie. Baby. Don't. His movie was trash. The weird guy who saw it told me so. Dunno what happened to him though, it seemed like he had to go to the hospital.
Wait. Was he an actual casualty of the class war? Movie Junkie McFucktiddies, I will remember you as you were, a brave soul who fought Hollywood for the right to artistic expression.

Battle Company's the final place we'll visit in this update: much like the Amulet Coin, there really isn't anything to say about the Exp. Share. It's busted, and I love it. :P
Okay, there are times when I hate the Gen 5 exp share, and there are times when there has never been a greater gift to man.

EDIT: any of y'all ever forget the EXP Share was changed in Gen 6 sometimes?

Last edited:

Uncle Pine

This kills the crab
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2019
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
I've only just now noticed that B3D is a female Pidove Tranquil, which is only a tad little sad because I do agree that the design of male Unfezant has Gainax-levels of awesomeness. Only a tad though, because B3D is great in itself. Looks isn't everything, yo.

The Pokéstudio intro is... well, self-explanatory, but what's afterward can be quite fan. Although I haven't dabbled too much into it myself because most of the time I pick up B2W2 I end up randomizing it making most movie missions impossible to complete.

And speaking of things that can't be picked up: darn it Gen 5+ Thief mechanic! Every time I go through Unova I always end up forgetting about that change and go through the process of a) experiencing a moment of brilliant realization when I remember a certain opponent has a great item, b) jump through several hoops to ensure I'm reasonably guaranteed to steal said item, c) remember for the umpteenth time that's not how Thief works anymore! 🙃

Filler episodes are fine, especially when fueled by areas as big and riddled with little events like Castelia City. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with Join Avenue, which is another awesome B2W2-exclusive mechanic.

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
"midlife man of justice"
what, is he able to call upon the energy of dads mourning their misspent youth?

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I forgot about the Castelia City sewers! The little park you can find at the very back of them is one of my favorite spots in the whole game. Actually, when you think about it, BW2 has some amazing locations... Pledge Grove, the Marine Tube, the Humilau Gym...

Also congrats to Eyes Emoji and Bird in 3D for evolving!!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Looks like Castelia has a lot of the good shit to gather: it's no wonder you had to do a more filler-style episode for it. A lot of stuff to do. Especially alongside those "couple" of missions you're doing on the side.

Also can I get a big F for M. J. McFucktiddies who never got their movie back from the CEO. Rest in McFuckingPieces.

kittenrobotarmy

haha fell cleave go smash
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Has sold her soul to so many games that the Devil is getting real pissed. Also adores cats.
This is some pretty good shit Squiggy

Good to know I have godlike content to read after being away for so long \o/

Squiggy Azalea

big chungus pls DM me 😳
🎇Contributor
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/they
Pokémon Type
Electric, Tough
Pokédex Entry
pizza pasta mamma mia
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
man, i ADORE castelia city. first arriving there when i played black was mind-boggling, going from the view of sky arrow bridge to the city skyline... gen 5 really was magical, and i haven't really had a pokemon game give me that same feeling since.
Yeah, seeing it for the first time back in like... 2010, I think, was AMAZING. Definitely one of the highlights for unova imo. I honestly really enjoy all of the big cities in all Pokemon games, they're just so Big and fun to explore!

DFJGVDFHJjshgdfj this made me nearly spit out my drink

still probably more stannable than many other irl movie quotes

ayyyyy same those cutscenes are awesome and i love thems, they blew me away when i was younger

Flash and status are an epic combo and I love them. A Confuse Ray/Flash Brightpowder Umbreon is very trolly xD

GET THEM
ROAST THEM xD
i like it when people laugh at my jokes it makes me feel good :]

That umbreon combo is super gross omg what is WRONG with you jk play however you want im not gonna criticize you for it

I'm dying over here, this was great. Wonderful tonal whiplash.

Bad literary analysis with Electro!

You used the word "boomer" in this sentence, therefore you are, in fact in your sixties.

This has been Bad literary analysis with Electro!

Hell yes! Brycen-man, enforcing social distancing!

A beautiful piece of art, lost to the class war.

... I didn't want to ask about the domestic abuse statistics of Team Plasma.

Wait. Was he an actual casualty of the class war? Movie Junkie McFucktiddies, I will remember you as you were, a brave soul who fought Hollywood for the right to artistic expression.

Okay, there are times when I hate the Gen 5 exp share, and there are times when there has never been a greater gift to man.

EDIT: any of y'all ever forget the EXP Share was changed in Gen 6 sometimes?
again, it makes me happy that people like my jokes :]

Gen 5's EXP share is, much like any incarnation of it, really damn good! I don't know, but I really like the EXP Share in any game it's in, it's just... such a useful item, yknow?

I've only just now noticed that B3D is a female Pidove Tranquil, which is only a tad little sad because I do agree that the design of male Unfezant has Gainax-levels of awesomeness. Only a tad though, because B3D is great in itself. Looks isn't everything, yo.

The Pokéstudio intro is... well, self-explanatory, but what's afterward can be quite fan. Although I haven't dabbled too much into it myself because most of the time I pick up B2W2 I end up randomizing it making most movie missions impossible to complete.

And speaking of things that can't be picked up: darn it Gen 5+ Thief mechanic! Every time I go through Unova I always end up forgetting about that change and go through the process of a) experiencing a moment of brilliant realization when I remember a certain opponent has a great item, b) jump through several hoops to ensure I'm reasonably guaranteed to steal said item, c) remember for the umpteenth time that's not how Thief works anymore! 🙃

Filler episodes are fine, especially when fueled by areas as big and riddled with little events like Castelia City. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with Join Avenue, which is another awesome B2W2-exclusive mechanic.
Male Unfezant is so cool and I love its design so much now if only it weren't such an underwhelming son of a bitch

I'm definitely going to use Pokéstar Studios for the stuff that you can get from it: turns out you can get SO MUCH STUFF just by making a ton of strange endings in movies, so I can't wait to abuse that 👀

oh the thief mechanics are AWFUL and i hate how they changed that

Oh you'll see dude 👀

"midlife man of justice"
what, is he able to call upon the energy of dads mourning their misspent youth?
Maybe, maybe not. Who knows :P

I forgot about the Castelia City sewers! The little park you can find at the very back of them is one of my favorite spots in the whole game. Actually, when you think about it, BW2 has some amazing locations... Pledge Grove, the Marine Tube, the Humilau Gym...

Also congrats to Eyes Emoji and Bird in 3D for evolving!!
Oh yeah BW2 has some really dope locations.

Also yesssss I'm super hype as well and I can't wait for the others to evolve as well 👀

Looks like Castelia has a lot of the good shit to gather: it's no wonder you had to do a more filler-style episode for it. A lot of stuff to do. Especially alongside those "couple" of missions you're doing on the side.

Also can I get a big F for M. J. McFucktiddies who never got their movie back from the CEO. Rest in McFuckingPieces.
Oh yeah, there's just so much stuff to do that I couldn't just fit it all in one update: I'm pretty sure that this won't be the last filler update we'll see either!

This is some pretty good shit Squiggy

Good to know I have godlike content to read after being away for so long \o/
Ayyyyyy thanks a bunch I'm glad you're back :D

Welcome back to Nonviable White 2: today we're going through the sewers, like the Fucking Rats we are. Cool, right? Well, yes, but we also have the ability to get one of two catches: Zubat or Rattata! And while I wouldn't mind getting a Zubat for the upcoming gym, I wouldn't mind getting a Rattata, since that's easily the weakest one of the two, and--

--me and my big fucking mouth.

Ah well, at least we have a new catch! Keep in mind that we're not going to evolve Baseball into a Crobat, he'll stay as a Golbat and that's that.

I've also fought a couple of trainers down the line: they were, uh... really easy! You can thank Return for that.

Also THESE bad boys were in here. Jesus christ, I remember being able to get the Leftovers, just not *this* early into the game. Crazy shit, I'm telling ya!

And now, time to fight two reddit incels and their pet reptiles.

...That was one Air Cutter.

Aaaaand that was one Razor Shell. Literally down in one turn! Good riddance, I suppose.

Hey, weenie! No need for racist remarks against sentient rats, I have one and his name is eyes emoji!

weenie more like meanie >:(

Can we talk about how the game literally gave us a reusable copy of one of the best physical Normal-type moves in the game before this? Because honestly, I feel insulted just by looking at this.

Then again, this technically also happened in BW1. And in Platinum... and FRLG... and... the Johto games...

Wow, Strength just kept getting shafted throughout the games, huh.

That, Burgh, who I haven't commented on him being a thing until now I'm truly sorry I had better things to do, is what the people commonly refer to as "The Father of all Science-Oriented Twinks".

I mean, I could... but I have more pressing matters to attend.

Namely, this small area right here! In here, we'll be able to choose between two Pokemon: Skitty, and its evolution Delcatty. One pretty much comes ready out of the box, just slap a couple of TMs on it and it'll be fine. The other has lower stats, wants a Moon Stone which you'll get once you reach Driftveil City, but has the chance to learn a couple of new moves that the other can't.

so anyways this is why i'm going delcatty because fuck grinding up a skitty and fuck waiting for a moon stone to evolve said skitty i am NOT dealing with that shit whatsoever.

Our next catch is in the Relic Passage, where we get our hands at an Onix: this will probably be one of the bulkiest Pokemon that I'll get in the run, especially when you take the Eviolite in consideration: that shit will be super helpful for it.

also can we talk about delcatty's bigass paw and how they can somehow fucking fit inside those noodle legs

And now time for our second catch in the Relic Passage! Yeah, remember when we went through Route 4? Turns out there's no eligible encounter in there, so I'm going to convert that into a token that I can use in this place instead! That, and I don't have to worry about potential Swoobats taking my encounters in future areas anymore, so there's that too.

yeah sure lemme just fight the guy with a team on their mid 20s with my early 20s scrubs what could possibly go wrong

Anyways who wants to see me Audino grinding with funfest missions, I promise this is the entertaining content you've all been waiting for I swear

The level 2 Audino mission went pretty well, even though Nurse Joey wanted to learn Entrainment, which is... Situational, at best. I'm pretty sure there's going to be some moments where it'll be useful to have a move that can *technically* neutralize an opponent's ability (I say technically because even though the AI barely switches, Regenerator is still an amazing ability to have), but I can't really remember where, though...

With the next level of the mission, I've decided to train Snakey Jake: He thought it was a good idea to learn an obsolete version of Return, to which I responded with a boisterous and mocking laugh that could be heard in a 1 mile radius.

Completing that last mission has given us a new power to mess with: befriending power! It'll help with grinding up Return for any new catches that'll want that, for sure.

Also! Another thing: I managed to unlock another type of Funfest Mission from an old guy in Castelia: I'll probably tackle that one as well, considering that it's a really unique type of mission.

And then there's these sons of bitches too

The first one is pretty much a souped up version of the berry mission: run over the sparkly things and get a fuckton of items. In this case, you can get stuff like paralyze heals, antidotes, escape ropes, FRESH WATERS and BIG PEARLS. The last two may be a little bit rare, but don't let that fool you: big pearls are big pearls, and those net a ton of money.

The lost boys missions were... also very simple. Instead of finding items, you find lost boys on the map. That's pretty much it! Nothing more, nothing less.

Though, I will admit that the level 3 missions give out a SHIT TON of Pass Orbs, and that's wild. I think I have around 300 of them by the time I was done with these missions? Looks like I won't have to worry about running out of them any time soon.

And now, time for another move montage! Roost and Super Fang are both very useful moves for both Snakey Jake and eyes emoji, but I really didn't know what move to replace with them, so I just ended up ditching them. After You, meanwhile, is a Double Battle only move, which is plain useless in a nuzlocke, so that one also gets its ass yeeted out!

These two, on the other hand, are very good moves. Detect is very nice, It'll be helpful to scout out any attacks/stall the opponent out when we need to and Flame Burst is just a straight up upgrade to Ember, which is always good to have.

Finally, Wolfganger gets... this.

Yeaaaah, it's not good.

And with that, everyone in the team is level 26! That means we're ready for Burgh, right?

Technically yes, but I wanna train the guys we just caught today! There's really nothing to be said about Baseball: he's a Zubat that will evolve into a Golbat! Nothing more, nothing less.

Princess ❤ ❤ over here is very much a standard Delcatty: her moveset is nothing important right now, but she'll definitely hit hard once she gets Return, that's for sure.

I think I've pretty much said what I should've said on Rocksteady already: he's bulky, he's a Rock-type, what else is there to be said?

As for Rowley... well, if we were to ignore his Kluts ability, then...

There we go, much better.

As I was saying, Klutz isn't really that great of an ability for Rowley, especially because he can't get Trick in this run due to the Trick tutor being postgame exclusive in this game (which is TOTAL BOGUS, btw) which definitely hampers some of the utility I could've gotten from it by swapping harmful items to opponents... Oh well, that's how it is in Pokemon: sometimes, the best stuff just happens to be locked behind the postgame.

The eviolite is an obvious must have: even in normal nuzlockes, it's always nice to boost an unevolved Pokemon's defenses, even if it's usually temporary, save for specific mons like Magmar, Electabuzz or even stuff like Gligar and Magneton.

And with that, time to do some grinding! Rowley tried to learn Attract and Imprison as well, but those moves are either situational or suck a bag of donkey dicks, so I've decided to ignore them in favor of Air Cutter, which is a really good move to have. Oh, and Baseball can finally confuse reliably, no need to bank on a 55% accurate move anymore!

Speaking of Baseball: he evolved! And he learned Swift because... fuck it! The Zubat line can learn Swift? Sure, why the fuck not!

This is pretty much a better version of Rock Throw, so I'm definitely learning that.

Also, this! I keep forgetting that the Onix line actually *learns* dragonbreath, and that both Onix and Steelix have been able to learn that move since FRLG, which is pretty wild considering how barebones level up learnsets can be in Gen 3. Seriously, coverage? In my Gen 3 Pokemon? It's less likely than you'd think.

Anyways, this is the team that I'll be using for Burgh: for held items we have Silk Scarf for Princess, Leftovers for Jake, Charcoal for Sara and Eviolite for Rocksteady. Rowley doesn't have any held items because, well... he's got Klutz, he can't use them.

With that, let's face the gym! Much like in BW1, Burgh has decided to put art and bugs in a blender and mix them very carefully, hoping the mixture itself doesn't spill, ending in the mess that was the honey walls of BW1.

Oh yeah, this gym is MILES better than this one, there's no use comparing them. I'd rather pick cocoon transporters over dumb honey walls any day of my life.

yeah sure

btw your bug's dead you should fix that

I

The jokes write for themselves, I don't have to say anything funny: the game just does it for me! My job's done, I don't have to say anything important anymore!

Okay, maybe I will say something important. You see that Dwebble? That thing got hit by one Return. One.

I'm gonna be honest, I could say something about how Delcatty is super strong right now, but nah, it's not delcatty. It's STAB Return that hard carries it.

Cool I don't care

Also shoutouts to Princess for getting 2 levels while defeating every trainer in the gym, now watch her getting her ass benched for the Burgh fight,

Anyways let's do it, let's fight Burgh! He tried to brag about his Pokemon, but let's be real, we don't care about some actually GOOD pokemon, right? This is a NONVIABLE MONS nuzlocke, not a VIABLE MONS nuzlocke!

the fight starts and burgh drops his fucking gucci silk blanket on the ground

dawg it's gonna get ruined with the amount of paint you have on the floor wtf is up with you my guy

Fuck it, if you're gonna ignore my advice, I'm gonna throw in some Sneaky Pebbles in your face then! How's that?

Oh wow, uh

Wow.

That Dwebble sure did die after two turns, huh

that's pretty messed up, not gonna lie!

Oh, and that's the cue for Rocksteady to leave: time to send in Rowley and deal with this dangerous opponent, and--

--Oh wow that was easier than I thought. Well, that's okay! I'm sure his other Pokemon are going to be more challenging than--

I, uh

Never mind!!! This battle was super easy!!!! What the fuck White 2 why was this easy!!!!!

Well, on the bright side, we got the new badge. Also hey, Struggle Bug's no longer shit! God bless tbh, gen 5 struggle bug was an absolute joke of a TM and I will never understand why they thought a 30 BP move was going to be a good move choice at all.

NEXT TIME: im too tired for this fucking hell idfk we fight colress i think

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
That, Burgh, who I haven't commented on him being a thing until now I'm truly sorry I had better things to do, is what the people commonly refer to as "The Father of all Science-Oriented Twinks".
As someone who likes Colress because he's just an interesting character with a HELL of a bop for a battle theme, this comment came for my life and instantly ended it.

How dare you.

SimplyUnknown

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Burgh is easy because while Bug types got a huge buff this gen, he's still the third gym leader. Not to mention he lost access to Whirlipede since that's Roxie's ace this time. The only thing that makes him harder is randomized runs if you go with similar strength, since Leavanny has some pretty great stats.

Nice to see Delcatty get some love and thankfully you got Cute Charm over Normalize. Hopefully Elesa will be more of a challenge for you; I can't remember if any ground types would be on your unviable list. Good luck with Route 4 and the Desert Resort!

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
For a nonviable run this sure is going pretty well... a little... too well...

but anyways I hope your Delcatty continues to carry!

Uncle Pine

This kills the crab
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2019
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
I would've commented on the bulk of Eviolite Golbat, but Onix works as well 👀 too bad it doesn't learn Coil, but perhaps that'd bee a little too viable...

So you bought Sunkern for the gym battle, but not Golbat? Gutsy!

kittenrobotarmy

haha fell cleave go smash
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Has sold her soul to so many games that the Devil is getting real pissed. Also adores cats.
>nonviable Pokemon run going well

Something's wrong here. I can feel it. Also hell yeah RETURN BABYYYYYYYYY

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
this ghost tries to be cool and kinda angsty, but ends up keysmashing about cute things anyway. they may project a bit too much onto their writing.
Also THESE bad boys were in here. Jesus christ, I remember being able to get the Leftovers, just not *this* early into the game. Crazy shit, I'm telling ya!
This is nice-fangame-level generous, i swear xD i love this so much, makes up for them messing Thief up haha

ohhhh that's why people on here like him so much! ...i feel like i've learned sacred knowledge xD
Our next catch is in the Relic Passage, where we get our hands at an Onix: this will probably be one of the bulkiest Pokemon that I'll get in the run, especially when you take the Eviolite in consideration: that shit will be super helpful for it.
that one moment when your best bulky 'mon is also the one with piddly Sp Def and HP and 2 quad weaknesses D: i feel sorry for u in advance haha ;p

so anyways this is why i'm going delcatty because fuck grinding up a skitty and fuck waiting for a moon stone to evolve said skitty i am NOT dealing with that shit whatsoever.
imagine grinding all that way and using a valuable moon stone and then u get a Delcatty. why. i like most pokemon but delcatty is not one of them D:

Finally, Wolfganger gets... this.

Yeaaaah, it's not good
it's like the game is making fun of this thing's feebleness ;p "yeah it can't defend for shit, might as well do the most damage it can on the turn it inevitably goes to red HP because it sure as hell can't hit you either"

though it was enough for u to bring it to the bug gym haha xD maybe as a sacrifice?

Wow.

That Dwebble sure did die after two turns, huh

that's pretty messed up, not gonna lie!
i didn't realise dwebbles in your run had all the consistency of paper, i expected more from that line

Last edited:

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Gen 5's EXP share is, much like any incarnation of it, really damn good! I don't know, but I really like the EXP Share in any game it's in, it's just... such a useful item, yknow?
Oh it rocks, but Gen 6 Exp Share occasionally lets your whole team stay several levels ahead of everything you talk to at any point in time.

Ah well, at least we have a new catch! Keep in mind that we're not going to evolve Baseball into a Crobat, he'll stay as a Golbat and that's that.
Golbat is amazing and I am not taking questions.

Can we talk about how the game literally gave us a reusable copy of one of the best physical Normal-type moves in the game before this? Because honestly, I feel insulted just by looking at this.

Then again, this technically also happened in BW1. And in Platinum... and FRLG... and... the Johto games...

Wow, Strength just kept getting shafted throughout the games, huh.
Honestly? Strength is easily the best non-water HM, and debatably the second-best HM out there.

Anyways let's do it, let's fight Burgh! He tried to brag about his Pokemon, but let's be real, we don't care about some actually GOOD pokemon, right? This is a NONVIABLE MONS nuzlocke, not a VIABLE MONS nuzlocke!
We don't want to WIN, we want to sneer at REGULAR PEOPLE with their BORING FUNCTIONAL TEAMS!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Wow that was really smooth going! Too smooth! I am now full of fear for the future!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)