• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

New Year’s Resolutions!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Hi and howdy, Nuzforums!

Another 365 days has come and gone, and as we trek through the last month of the year we enter a time for reflection. Did you get everything done you wanted to this year? Or are you still trying to meet your goals last minute?

Here’s a little community exercise! Below let us know a little bit about your resolutions:
  • What were your resolutions for this year?
    • Did you meet them?
  • What are your resolutions for next year?
    • How do you plan on meeting them?
On January 15th this thread will be moved into the Archive, and there it will wait until next year where on December 15th we’ll pull it back out and do it again!

JadeSapphira

Go on, Shadow. Dont you support gay rights?
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sorry, this pokemon is unavailable in the current release.
Didnt have any for this year, but i did start going to the gym regularly in the last third.
But next year im gonna really start hrt when i turn 20 and ill do it with gusto

Aozora

Chomp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
I think my last year's goals/resolution (that I remember clearly of) was to get a job, and reach Eterna in my comic.

I, kinda didn't meet both of them.

To be fair I'm working freelance rn and it do give me some moolahs to survive me and buy me a switch, but the uncertain nature of it was pretty hard to anticipate, so there are times when I flounder really bad financially. Also I was unable to post my comic as much as I wanted this year. There were times when I just wanna work on something else, which sacrifices my comic time. I hope next year it can be better since I plan to work on buffers.

Next year I have resolutions to go into a Japanese language school to help me improve my language skill (and hopefully can give me better job opportunity), post my comic updates until I can reach eterna (cause turns out it's pretty long between now and Eterna), and also improve my art skill. At the end of the year, I really disliked how my art this year turns out, and I'm thinking of learning and developing more next year! The comichat improvement project is pretty cool for that and I ought to do gesture study and style study more.

ETA: Along with that, I actually want to complete a personal art project! Either a 30/31 days challenges (that I won't force myself to do everyday) or a Hans Christian Andersen's stories themed zine or that one doujin I want to do since time immemorial alskdmskd. I haven't decided but I think I eventually have to complete something.

Wish me all the best.

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 14, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Despite loving the outdoors, the Neb Pokemon more frequently participates in introverted hobbies. As a result it has a socially awkward temperment.
This year my resolutions were to become more social, improve my mental health, become more proficient in Japanese and exercise more. Of the four, the only one I had trouble with was exercise. I took plenty of long hikes and bike rides, but there was no consistency. Sometimes I’d work out for four times a week, others four times a month. That’s why my first resolution this year is to develop a solid workout routine.

Second is to get into college. I’m graduating in May and I have every intention to get a master’s degree. Instead of jumping to a four year university, I plan to attend a community college a few hours west. There I can focus on major and adapting to the real world. Once that’s finished, I hope to attend the same Public college my parents went to decades earlier.

Lastly is to finally set a limit on screen time. Ever since I was little I was allowed to use electronics for as long as I liked. As a result, I developed calyces in every finger. For my health and productivity, I wish to limit all of my time on screens to 3 hours max. This might also encourage me to spend more than a hour a day reading.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
Huh, so I never actually posted my new year's resolutions to the nuzlocke forums in 2019, but I will throw a final update in for that:

1) Free up my "free" time.

I made one major change by leaving the competitive Splatoon scene, and I severely cut down my follows on social media to avoid endless use of those platforms. I also started reducing the time I was spending driving long distances to see family. Sorry family, but my own health and well-being is also important.

Unfortunately, I also *added* plenty of things to do in my free time. I rejoined the nuzlocke forum in earnest, for one, not that I regret it. With it I've taken on moderator and tech team responsibilities, which can demand a lot of attention from time to time. I've also joined a few community projects and started working on a secret project I have yet to reveal.

Result: Eh? I did free up some of my time, and then I immediately went and picked new projects to work on. So, yes and no, I suppose.

2) Re-organize my life.

I cancelled this, it was too close to everything else, that it didn't make sense to be its own thing.

3) Me first

Ok, this sounds selfish. But really, what I meant was I needed to stop literally making myself sick by overworking myself and being available to everyone in my circle of family and friends. I'm no good to others sick or worse, right?

Anyway, I selectively cut off a few of those who were...let's call them high maintenance friends. You know the type. I focused some more time I used to spend helping friends and family with issues, and went to the gym or did my own errands instead. It's amazing how much time you spend keeping your own needs met when you actually put effort into it. I can see the results, and it's given me time to do more of what I want.

Result: Yeah, I think I did well.

4) De-clutter

Haha, nope. Let's roll this one over, shall we?

Result: 2020.

5) Improve planning skills

Uh...results are inconclusive. I changed things around, but I don't know if they're necessarily better. Regardless, steps 1 and 3 have given me more time so this is less important now.

Moving on to 2020, here are my main goals for the year:

1) Get rid of extra stuff, de-clutter, get ready to downsize.

I'm moving into a much smaller living space in 2021. Major change, but it will grant me a lot more in terms of freedoms moving forward. I'm going to be spending the year doing the downsizing so I'm not renting a dumpster and throwing a bunch of shit out all at once this time next year.

2) Improve my linux/unix and networking skills.

Not only am I using this more with Nuzforums, but I am also transitioning in my job in the next year or two to more of a systems administrator role, and away from a business system's analyst role. I need to brush up on my basic and advanced skills here so I am not struggling when that change inevitably happens. Not to mention it'll help out here, too.

3) Release and maintain momentum on a secret project all year long

I kind of want to reveal this now, but I won't. Regardless, I've been working on something I have wanted to do for a long time, and I am so close to being as ready as I ever will be, that I'm targeting a January 2020 release of the first iteration. My goal for the year is to keep up motivation and continue to work on this project all year long.

4) Get in better shape

Actually hitting the gym every once in a while this year has been good, but I need to get into a regular routine. The past two months I've committed to a good exercise routine maybe 6 times total. Moving forward, I want to get at least a half hour workout in 5 times a week. I'll work up to this gradually over the next few weeks as I begin 2020. I have a 5k to run in May next year, and I do not want to be among the slowest people there!

5) Save more of my take home pay consistently all year.

This goes hand in hand with part 1. Moving is expensive, and a down payment is expensive. I need money. I need to make sure I'm saving as much as I absolutely can next year so I am not limited in my options. This includes my 401k, employee stock plan, and personal savings. I want to make sure I'm maxing my employer contributions and not leaving anything on the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bug

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
No resolutions were made, so while I didn't keep mine I also didn't not keep mine. B) #loophole

For the last three years I've been setting myself challenges instead, which has gone much better than resolutions ever did. Addressing the lack of use my Netflix and cinema memberships were getting and the stagnation in the places I was going for food treats probably aren't the grand indicators of personal growth that these things are supposed to be, but fuck it. I let the big stuff come as it comes and I'm not hemorraghing money despite having moved into a flat by myself this year and my weight loss is going well, so year four is also going to be comparatively superficial bullshit!

Top two candidates for next year are clearing X amount of my gaming backlog and writing X amount of words of my OC stories and actually posting stuff in places other than Chess's DMs but we'll cross my anxiety barriers at a later date.

i'd put it to a vote and keep a blog here about the winner but i think i know which way the people who i've inflicted my writing on and have an informed opinion would actually go

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
Hm... what was this year's resolution again?
Oh yeah. Get my life together.
(That didn't happen for numerous reasons)

So, 2020.

1. Work on my art.

I am very afraid of my own drawing. I can rarely sit down and force myself to draw something, and I have trouble envisioning things to draw. If I can see the object I'm drawing, I'll be fine, but even then I'm not stellar. I'm taking a drawing class at community college next year, and I'm thinking of making a banner for my run. Once my Storylocke is finished, I'm considering drawing a comic run. But I'm not resolving to finish the comic any time soon.

2. Exercise more often.

A little generic, but I could use it. I have some serious motivation issues, so getting started with exercise is always difficult for me. I'm asking for some exercise related equipment this Christmas, but I should really start exercising now so I'm ready to use it by the time the new year rolls around. Why wait for January 1st, huh?

3. Get more involved in the forums.

I am not a very social person, and for certain strange reasons I won't explain here, all of my classes are online, so I don't have school friends. There are basically two people whom I keep sparse contact with, and that's it. Pretty much all of the socializing I do is on the forums, but I still kind of feel like a spectator. I'd like to do something to get more involved, but I don't really know what. Maybe just stick with the forums and give it time?

4. Get more involved out of the forums.

Make some gosh darn friends, essentially. I have two right now, and both are exclusively online. I could use more.

5. Finish writing!

This isn't a New Year's Resolution, this is a by-the-end-of-the-year resolution! I want to be in the Hall of Fame before the year is over!

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
I'm pretty sure I actively didn't give myself resolutions last year for numerous reasons.
But THIS year, I want to:
1) Finish Blooming Glory (actually plausible!!)
2) Improve my art enough to confidently open commissions!
3) General QoL things -- exercise, declutter, etc. Nothing concrete here or I'll get overwhelmed and do none of it. I recently lost my labor job so I ESPECIALLY need to start exercising or I'm gonna get unhealthy REAL fast.

Good luck to all of us in this new decade!!

Elfin Song

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
This year, I resolved to write more original stuff, finish Book I of Electric Sheep, and experiment with art more. While I think I did the latter on occasion, let's just say ... I failed hard.

Still, gonna enter 2020 with pretty much the same idea. I'm so close to doing one of these; I just need to, you know. Sit down and do it. It'll kinda help that I'm scaling back my involvement in a large chunk of the internets and focusing a lot more on myself, so ... I kinda have time now, lmao.

That said, good luck to all y'all in the coming year! May you be fruitful and your resolutions not just be to-do lists left by the wayside?

satanicswirlix

Don't forget to bring a towel!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon's interests change more often than her pantalones. She's currently working on an animated nuzlocke, but we all know how that'll turn out!
This year I wanted to get my life together and graduate high school, but I barely completed the latter, so next year I'm going to set some more goals about things that I'm more passionate about:

1. Reach Motostoke in my nuzlocke (this one may seem easy, but the start of my comic is slow, so I'll really have to grind)
2. Maybe start another project
3. Get over my crippling laziness (the most unrealistic goal yet, I've never gotten over my habits)

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
My resolutions from last year were to write more, lose weight, and maybe start a Youtube channel. I succeeded at writing more, but losing weight didn't get anywhere (okay technically I weighed a few pounds less than last year last time I went to the doctor, but it wasn't significant). Youtube is a work in progress, mainly because I don't want to use my real name for the channel, but can't figure out how to do that.
While I technically didn't resolve to be more social on here last year, that ended up succeeding also since I got back into the forums and my old chats (though I have resolved to do that in the past).

So next year, my first resolution is to lose weight. I plan to start getting back to the gym, even though it'll be hard because it's tiring working 45+ hours a week. But I turn 29 next year god I'm old, and I know it's something I need to do for my health later on in life (and might make working less tiring).

I do want to start a Youtube channel, because it seems like a fun thing to do. So I'm gonna look into if I can avoid using my real name for it (if I can use my username here, that'd be perfect). I just want to do it for fun, it's not about money or anything.

I also have a few others: first, finish my old run. I'm planning to start reposting it in the near future, but the fact that it took over four years to get a little over halfway is ridiculous. It's something I really want to finish, plus there are other runs I want to do, so I plan to throw myself into it full force.

I want to start sharing my writing, either on here or FFN or somewhere else. What's the point of being a writer if you keep all your work to yourself, right? Plus it might help me become a better writer.

And I want to keep working at being more social on here, whether that means joining more chats, reading more runs, both, or just trying to speak more and stop being so invisible/timid.

A more minor one is to make some headway in my gaming backlog. But that's not as much of a priority, obviously.

Finally, I want to start looking at investing some of my money. Like I said, I turn 29 next year, so it'd probably be a good idea to start looking at that for later on in my life. I've talked to a co-worker who's done so, and I want to talk to my dad about it as well since he has invested as well.

Good luck to everyone in 2020!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
New year new me!

for 2019 I didn’t really make any resolutions.... I guess? I didn’t resolve to complete anything, atleast. I just wanted to prep for my comic and pay my bills, and I sure did that! We even moved forums, so I’m super satisfied with 2019, when seen as a whole.

but onwards to 2020; how can I improve?
  • I want to finish prep for Stardust Road and start releasing pages before the end of the year. I’ve already promised myself I’d be DONE done with the prologue and chapter one, and have chapter 2 scripted by the time I started releasing pages. This way, I’d have a cushy buffer to release weekly.
  • See a therapist
  • Get consultation for top surgery; time to yeet the teets.
  • Branch out my social circles; I’ve been super socially stagnant since I moved a couple years back, and my terrible mental health only compacted this issue. I want to make friend connections. I want to make business connections. I just want to be better than I have been.
  • Stretch goal: motor bike..........................................
I think it would be cool to also run a 5k, but I just don’t think I’ll have the energy for it until my depression is better managed. One year at a time; made it through this one— despite all odds— and I’ll make it through another!

solaris127h

Totally not an AI
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
I also didn't have any resolutions for 2019 between the whirlwind of my job and my new house, but I did start publishing Colosseum: Renewal so I might've satisfied a couple of old resolutions from 2015-2017 hahahahaha

For 2020 I will resolve to:
  • Finish ch 2 of Colosseum: Renewal. I barely managed to complete 24 pages in 9 months, which I'm pretty unhappy about, and ch 2 is likely in the 30-40 page range. It's all going to be about the habits.
  • I haven't really thought of any concrete project or endpoint in mind but I really want to expand my data science and machine learning skills. I really want to have an extra edge at work and I don't have as much energy as I'd like at home to do research and self-teach. More habit-building and scheduling here.
  • Obligatory gym goal. I want to learn to lift weights and finally strengthen my back!
  • Stop compulsory skin picking. It's so hard but I got a better feeling about this year.
Other general things that aren't really resolutions but just things I want to work on in general: more activity on the forums and comic circles, like maintaining my updates and socializing more. Continue my 100 comment a month habit and try to reach new heights. Continue building my meal prep habit. Cut back on politics and news consumption, especially Reddit. Be better about maintaining and cleaning my house regularly.

Good luck to y'all!!

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
I set no resolutions this year because I figured I'd have my hands full with other stuff, and then everything went wrong

So! Scientifically speaking, this means that not setting resolutions causes problems. This year I'm going to set resolutions, and maybe that will make things not awful. Surely that is how it works

• see a Brain Doctor to get the Brain Goblins dealt with (i've been putting off seeing a therapist despite the fact that I've spent the last six or so years doing high stress interpersonal stuff, like unofficially being a therapist for people in 2014-2016, and worse - working retail,. Also maybe let's get this adhd thing taken care of so i can have one (1) focus)
  • Get back into art. I kind of fell off the wagon after working retail because that fucked up my hands something fierce, and also I didn't have time. Now I still don't have time and my hands are still pretty bad, but I just kind of want to get back into it because it was fun and therapeutic. Also I have a comic concept and that's one way to get better at drawing people and expressions, since... I can't really draw expressions :'D
  • I'm not gonna set a gym goal because I've done enough lifting in my life to not want to do it anymore, but I want to start jogging or hiking because my endurance is garbage, and there are a lot of really cool trails within walking distance, or even bus driving distance. Like the literal pacific trail
  • see The Boyfriend because we're on opposite sides of the country and I would like to hug him
  • i don't know i haven't thought this far ahead
Where will I find time, willpower, or focus for this? who can truly say,

Last edited:

Rocco

Showroom Dummy
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Scared at first, but the apyr of the group after some drinks.
Henlo there.

I didn't have any resolutions for 2019, they're not common in my country. But I do have them for 2020.
1. Be more productive in general: write more, start a podcast, a unity game. I don't know. Anything as long as I actually *generate* something into existence.
2. Have a good year in the university. After finishing the filter course, now I finally begin the actual career and I want to have a good year, in terms of passing the exams and developing friendships.
3. Design an personal style of clothing that works for me. I'm between "daddy" and goth.
4. Develop a romantic life. Or lose the virginity. Any of those works for me really.
5. You guys convince me of this one actually: do some exercise. I would bike to work and to the uni. Seeing most of you talking of going to the gym made me feel lazy.
See ya next year fellas. I wish ya good luck.

Azelf

Don't mind me...
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is too lazy too make any creative shit, and would sitting down like a sack of potatoes and play video games.
I'd say my biggest resolutions are the following:
  1. Get my Nuzlocke comic done in 2020, or at least have the first page of it finished.
  2. Have an actual schedule for my drawings, so I can publish them consistently online and be more active on the creative side.
  3. Have any comic done or started, not just the Nuzlocke comic (though the Nuzlocke comic is a priority for me).

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
this ghost tries to be cool and kinda angsty, but ends up keysmashing about cute things anyway. they may project a bit too much onto their writing.
My 2019 resolutions were to:

- do more exercise/lose weight
- do more coding
- try to feel better about my unhappy relationship
- get through second year at university
- learn more of a different language
- try to be less distant with people
- start a creative writing project that I could feel proud of
- get a job that isn't seasonal
- start mentoring again
- be more charitable and willing to help others

I did end up... breaking up with the guy (but we're still friends and I feel much better for doing so). I also restarted second year due to very poor health and the language courses are very expensive at my university so I didn't do that, but I did do everything else! I certainly left this year better than how I started it.

So for 2020 I want to:

- Do more regular exercise, even in cold winter months
- Get at least one internship
- Finish second year with at least a high 2.1 result (stretch goal is a 1st)
- Apply for at least two graduate schemes
- Improve my tutoring skills (I'm okay at it and have given good lessons, but could still be better)
- Try doing exercise that trains my upper body so I can look more buff
- Write... something regularly, even though I really don't want to right now. Even a screenshot LP would count
- Find something to fill the void that my storyshot left, now I've quit that. I want to do something which I genuinely enjoy and can feel excited about again

csidvuL

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
2020 is p straightforward:

-be in a position to move for work
-idk get a new heap of shit car???

the real important one:

-squeeze out more time for pokemon fanfiction

d'angelo russell

tomorrow ain't promised to no-one
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he - him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
it was banished for its violence. it silently gazes upon the old world from the distortion world
enters through the side door

so I can't recall my resolutions for 2019 offhand (probably because my brain doesn't want to hold me accountable lol) but I'm fairly sure it was something to the tune of; survive uni, pick up some extracurriculars, spend more time with friends, get my full g license and also focus on piano / writing and stuff. I did the vagueish stuff but dropped on some other stuff so like...50/50?

anyways more specific 2020 goals:
survive 2b term, don't get killed by signals this time around. start pursuing the carnot thing for a potential first year project if I can.
do my final driving test this jan, hopefully pass, if not I'll retake in july. then its a g license inbound.
stick to my current workout routine + boxing classes. try to get onto a basketball team for intramurals and whatnot.
return to my old graphics and design textbooks bc my freehand is slipping and I have to be able to draw a good machine part.
keep up with piano.
check in on my friends / family back in india once a week or so. try to be a better friend too while I'm at it.
organise my room. I'll have to do it again in a few months but fuck it wynaut.
practice some more cooking, learn recipes beyond the basic breakfast stuff / rice and curries. I'll probably have to use my parents' instant pot a bunch but its an investment.

and now for the writing centric stuff;
finish desert daze, I think the 1 year goal is unreachable but I can do 18 months I think. hopefully. regardless it's done by the end of the year or I'm a goat.
start outlining other projects (nuzlocke stuff primarily) more seriously, try and at least have first-second arcs sketched out on a chapter level before I commit to posting anything. if nothing else it's practice / frameworks.
do more one-shots?
pick an original project and commit to it. try and write a first draft of a novel this nano.
work on maintaining long-term coherence. try to hone resonance, particularly thematic stuff.
loosen up a little, not every word / phrase has to be perfect. probably ties back to the above in that if I can get that it should be less hassle to say what I want.

quietly exits out the back

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I’m gonna finish Lucky Platinum, and start a new forum exclusive thing about Stardew Valley. I can feel it in my bones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)