• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Milos from Home

Thread Description
(A Blue Rescue Team Comic)

Agent Nein

Southern Cryptid
Hacker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Highly reclusive, but responsive to being summoned
Okay so, if y'all remember me from before, I was in Other Adventures as a Dungeonlocke! However it's been a pretty dang long time since I started this and I've gone pretty far off having to do anything with some kind of challenge run. (Quite frankly it was a boring playthough.) So, consider this just a story based on Red/Blue Rescue Team? With plenty of artistic liberties down the way. Some of the page sizes are gonna be janky possibly? But y'know, it's here. Also Chapter 2 and onwards are gonna be done in single pages, and I'm grouping them in 6s so it's less clicking but not dying trying to load 50 images. I think that's everything, so?

Chapter 2 finished, chapter 3 coming soon!

(Ignore the Dungeonlocke on the cover :'D)

Last edited:

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
YES

I love this comic so much so it's good to see it return

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Ohhh so glad to see this here! You comic is so fun to read and Milo & Riley's dynamic is entertaining and endearing as all heck! I love the look of all of your newer pages so much, and the limited pallet is used so nicely. I hope you're loving it around here as much as we love having you here!

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Ah Milos From Home, one of my favorite pmd comics! :D I'm very glad to see it's made its way over here. Even if it's not considered a dungeonlocke anymore, that actually makes me all the more excited! I can't wait to see what unique twists you put on the Blue Rescue Team story, Nein!

Mopruk

Measure twice, cut once.
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
1 ATK and 1 DEF. The weakest Pokemon, can only deal 1 damage.
Honestly this comic speaks to me on a personal level, and not just because it's about two bumbling idiots with a death wish. It's also worth mentioning that Nein's art style is extremely unique and is an absolute treasure to behold in person.

Aurea

🎇Contributor
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
I love your art style so much Nein, aaaaa. It was great to see this was posted over here as well, and to catch up on the last page or so I'd missed! Milo and Riley are precious as ever, and I am excited (but nervous) to see how their next mission goes. ;w;

Agent Nein

Southern Cryptid
Hacker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

We over here time skipping ahead, but oh my gosh y'all, I wasn't expecting quite a response//
Anyways, REPLIES:

Dee: Happy to see you still following here as well <3

Tailsimp: I'm glad it's a fun read and Milo and RIley can be entertaining since it's gonna be a lot of them next chapter :'D I'm also glad you like the newer pages, I was real worried about how that'd go over. Limited palette is fun, and I've considered maybe changing what that limited palette is for some parts? I'm probably gonna stick with this for the bulk of the comic though~

MouseWithADinosaurTail: Well, we'll see if that comes off as a good thing or a bad thing down the line I think, we're still in very much the early stages. Glad you're enjoying it though~

Mopruk: Oh my god you're gonna make me blush. I'm glad it can speak to you though, like that's incredible to hear and touched me a lot// If my stories can make a connection with someone, that makes me happy, y'know? I'm really glad you like the art style too, it's more fun for me I think letting myself be a little messy XD

Aurea: sdkfjh I'm really glad you like the art and Milo and Riley? I hoooope people like this upcoming mission/chapter I've got rolling so I'm working hard to try and get it out ovo7

Pika

rͬͬͬaͣͣͣtͭͭͭ
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
i'm pro but not noun
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon known for its harsh gaze and sharp tongue. Despite its rough exterior, it is friendlier than it looks.
backpack for his applesauce. backpack where he keeps his applesauce!!

Riley looks so cute in that. and i can’t wait to see Milo’s new a c c e s s o r y

pkmnMasterWheeler

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
Welcome to the new forums!~ I don't think I've ever commented on your comic before, which is a shame cause it's one of my favorite mystery dungeon comics!~ And can I just? Talk about how adorable Milo is??? and that Torchic backpack is killing me with adorableness too~

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
All birds should have backpacks

It is known

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Adventure pack! Riley is ready for adventure! Hey Nein did you know I love your comic? I'm glad to see it here on the new forums, though a bit sad to see it no longer with us in fcr. Either way though, I know you have some juicy stuff planned with all that gameplay divergence, and I can't wait to see it going forward!

Dingopox

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Flying
Pokédex Entry
Despite being found outside it's Australian home range, wild DIngopox still feeds exclusively on Timtams.
It’s a pleasure to find this comic! I’ve never played the Dungeon games so I look forward to being surprised. I like your style, simple but expressive!

I very much appreciate how you’ve laid out your comic, having your pages under spoilers makes reading so easy and addictive. But it does mean my review is practically stream-of-conscious writing, I hope you don’t mind.

Meeting Milo and Riley for their first mission was adorable. I appreciate you showing off the battles while not letting it drag on. On Page 8, ther’s a panel where the dialogue is too small to read. Otherwise it’s a great explanation for we who’ve never played a Dungeon game, great world building.

Elekid’s attack is awesome, it’s a wonderful show of speed and motion! And Electivire is terrifying! And way to build tension, on Paralysed and one Poisoned! The Mightyena or gorgeous and sleek!

I really love Milo’s expression as he sarcastically says, “I thought Rescue Teams were supposed to be big and tough!”

All of your pokemon designs are gorgeous, I loved seeing the Blaziken and Infernape and all of them! I’m not sure if the Evolution Stones is an arc in the game, it’s very exciting to follow, and their overpowered forms are terrifying! I was really clenching as Chloe raged and devastated to find out she died.

A wonderful end to Arc one! I’m happy to have started Milos from Home.

Agent Nein

Southern Cryptid
Hacker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry

Can you tell I'm a fan of Atlantis?

Pika: Maybe he has a secret applesauce pack he's not telling Milo about cause he's afraid Milo's gonna steal his applesauce? But yeah I'm excited Milo's new accesory is HERE

Wheeler
: Oh, I'm glad you've been liking it and glad to see you here! Man I've had this tiny backpack planned for like, two years, I'm so glad it's out.

Dee: You're not wrong. I looked at carrier pigeons once I think, but theirs look a little different? I think it was a tube.

Kadew: I can't imagine what you mean, it's just a vanilla PMD run with no ruleset :v (Also I'm forever glad you like the comic :'D )

Dingopox: Yeah, I have trouble reading on platform when I have to click a bunch of links to read things in tabs, so I wanted it to be easy enough to read right from here? I'm glad it works well~ Also I love stream of conscious writing, it's realy cool to see what people think as they're reading the comic! I know which dialogue you're talking about, which was kiiiinda meant to be small and hard to hear from Milo's PoV? I'm not sure I'd make the same chice now but what's done is done.

The paralysis and poison absolutely sucked in the gameplay when I was sticking closer to that! You don't get to grind or anything before thunderwave cave and I actually died there my first playthrough and had to start over. Poison, paralysis, and Elekid gets quick attack which can go oveer an extra tile when my range was still just the tile directly in front of me. It was extremely rude >:T Blaziken and Infernap and really that whole sequence was extremely fun to draw even if it was unplanned XD

The evolution stones are something I actually semi-made up to explain why you couldn't evolve in the game? In the actual game, there's an event that happens that sort of created a glowing crystal you have to visit if you want to evolve. Everyone in the town acts like its some new mysterious thing, even though there are evolved pokemon all over the place. Quite frankly, I thought this was kinda dumb so I modified it. (There's a bit more to it than that, but maybe we'll get there one day :3c )

Anyways, I'm super glad you've liked the comic so far and hope you enjoy what's to come! :D

These posts must look extremely barren when I spoiler the whole thing sldfkjsh

Last edited:

Aurea

🎇Contributor
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
I did not know I needed Torchic in a backpack. Turns out I really, really needed Torchic in a backpack. Even if the lil dweeb forgot to pack food, bless him ;w;

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Riley was planning to live off the land with his wits and chicken instincts, obviously! And finally, Milo has an iconic accessory to mark him as the protagonist and not just some chump eevee.

Dingopox

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Flying
Pokédex Entry
Despite being found outside it's Australian home range, wild DIngopox still feeds exclusively on Timtams.
Oooh, I’m back for another stream of consciousness review of Chapter 2: Mt Steel.

YOu do such a good job of jumping from dream to awake. I really appreciate that panel of Milo and his contrast. I also don’t think I appreciated your detailed design of Butterfree and her cute little crossed arms!

You do such a good job of showing Milo’s kind and helpful side as he declines a bed out of the rain. And Hypno is so intimidating, that long snooty nose looking down on the team! And she throws Milo straight into the water! I’m adoring this RA character! I feel like he’s being hard on Team Plasma because she has to be. I’m in love with her every expression.

Again super happy to binge Milos from home.

Agent Nein

Southern Cryptid
Hacker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry

The life of a protagonist amnesiac~

Replies!

Aurea: I'm so glad honestly, I've been excited to get here for a while s;kdfjh

Kadew: Yep, nailed it. Riley is just a good survivalist who doesn't cheat like Milo does. Bringing your own food smh. And yeah, it's good for Milo to have his protagonist symbol XD

Dingopox: Aaa thank you! That was honestly one of my favorite shots, even if I'm real skittish about sound effects :'D Butterfree was a fun draw, and honestly Hypno was more fun to draw and write than she had any right to be. (Which is probably why that bit took so dang long?) Thank you again for reading, it's been cool to see your thoughts on these!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Holy frick thats a lot of background! And it all looks great! I especially like the first panel, with the cliffs.

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Oh! That vista in the last panel looks just sublime~

Dingopox

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Flying
Pokédex Entry
Gorgeous scenery!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)