• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Mega Man Mafia

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
The role said that it'd kill the person and anyone who visited them that night if the person in question is killed, It is possible that greenchu tried kill either Cirr or VGBM and ended up setting off the bomb. The other death would be the nightkill. Y'know, that's assuming that Bomb Man's action goes before Megaman's.

solaris127h

Totally not an AI
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
Wow, that's a gory start, agree that this means bomb man is in... and that greenchu may have attempted to kill someone at random, lol.

I think we can get by without needing for Dr. Light to declare themselves and let them investigate in secret for one or two more days? Does anyone have any other information that could start a lynch?

edit: forgot to say who

Last edited:

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
yeah i uhhhhh really don't think there's an explanation for this other than bomb man

i think the only relatively safe way of connecting village as of right now is if dr light investigated a villager, i don't think that there's much in the way of invest scrambling this game aside from maybe elec man so if dr light found a villager it might be okay for him to contact them and allow them to be a village mouthpiece

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
Ok so.

@Zaazaa0 would Dr. Light know if they were redirected (by Thunderbeam)?

If Dr. Light does know they were redirected, then we should be fine fully trusting Dr. Light's investigation. And even if they don't, mafia would have to have Elec Man AND guess who Dr. Light is AND pick someone of a different alignment than whoever Dr Light investigated. So very unlikely but possible. If Dr. Light did investigate a villager though, it would be nice for Dr. Light to message that villager and for that villager to claim, which would eliminate the cleared villager as a suspect and keep us from lynching Light.

If Light investigated a mafia, they should stay quiet. Sacrificing our Doc/Cop who is our last pr for one mafia doesn't sound like the best play. Best to keep them hidden so they either hit another mafia (which 2:1 is considerable for coming out) or a village mouthpiece to tell who to kill safely. If they investigated a dead person they also obviously shouldn't claim.

Cause yeah if Dr Light claims, they get killed the next night phase given they have no protection.

Anyway uh...Nimbo's post had nothing of value in it so...

Vote: Nimbo

Say more.

Nimbostratus

Ambitious But Rubbish
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Flying, Normal
Anyway uh...Nimbo's post had nothing of value in it so...

Vote: Nimbo

Say more.

Well, you said pretty much everything I would've wanted to say. Dr. Light probably can't protect themself (and even if they could, that would be a waste of their action) so they're best off laying low. Mafia could CC Light to try and manipulate the village, but (given the circumstances) they probably wouldn't really gain anything from that, and they're already in a pretty strong position anyway.

Zaazaa0

Lad
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
In 1989 Dawkins commented, 'The word meme seems to be turning out to be a good meme' (Dawkins 1989).
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
EeveeFTW said:
would Dr. Light know if they were redirected (by Thunderbeam)?
Assuming this refers to how Dr. Light's investigation works, yes, he would be told the name of the person he was redirected to, rather than the person he originally chose to investigate.

(And just because I didn't make it clear, I'll note that Thunder Beam redirects both of Dr. Light's actions to the same target, if he uses both on the same night.)

Alolan Floatzel

🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
ok that's helpful

so basically:

- if dr light investigated a villager last night, they should get in touch asap and the cleared villager needs to claim

- if dr light investigated a mafia last night, they should stay quiet and we'll find another lynch for today; and if that's the case that lynch should preferably be started by tomorrow morning at the latest. then, they should keep investigating until they find a villager, then refer to bullet point one.

Last edited:

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
Wait, if the Hyper Bomb killed Greenchu and Cirr/VGBM, then Bomb Man should’ve been killed with them, since the Hyper Bomb kills ANYONE who has visited the person who was holding it when they died, indiscriminately. Which includes Bomb Man, since they had to visit Cirr/VGBM in order to give them the bomb.

Alolan Floatzel

🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
that........ doesn't make any sense to me but @Zaazaa0 can clarify i guess

@pluslefan @JaneWolf @A shiny pikachu? none of you have posted at all, please get on it

also not entirely sure we should actually lynch today at all in case we have more bomb man shenanigans tomorrow night, but eh we prolly wont end up lynching today anyway so fuck it

solaris127h

Totally not an AI
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
I'm also thinking maybe we should skip a lynch today simply because we lack a lot of information and we're at a disadvantageous position (with a good likelihood that a random lynch is going to kill another villager). If we give it another night for Dr. Light to investigate, we may get enough clears or mafia hits to actually start making lynches.

pluslefan

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Oh woopsies I never checked the thread when Zaa announced the game was starting so it broke the forum notifs for when dayphase started, my bad.

We basically hit worst case scenario with day 1 as bomb man had to have tagged the same person Mega Man killed n1 and as for why the bomb didn't kill bomb man, the op does make it clear which actions are visiting actions and bomb Man's isn't one of them.

In any case Dr. Light should do what they everyone's been saying. Set up a clear network and work via the proxies. Personally I'd suggest waiting a day to throw off a potential elec/bombman mafia to give as much uncertainty as to whether they got as fortunate as possible n1.

JaneWolf

Kanto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 6, 2019
Hi, I don't have time to analyze atm. My final thesis draft is due today I promise I'll take a look at stuff next day phase so sorry.

A shiny pikachu?

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
So the split is 6/3
So i think we can afford to not lynch
So yeah wait for day 2 since no one comes off as mafia

Zaazaa0

Lad
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
In 1989 Dawkins commented, 'The word meme seems to be turning out to be a good meme' (Dawkins 1989).
Sorry for getting to this so late in the day, but to answer the question of whether Hyper Bomb would kill Bomb Man if it blows up on the night he places it, the answer is yes, it would.

Zaazaa0

Lad
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
Dead: No one

Night Two begins now. It will end 24 hours from the time of this post.

Zaazaa0

Lad
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
Dead: solaris127h - Villager

Day Two begins now. It will end 48 hours from the time of this post.

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
- if dr light investigated a villager last night, they should get in touch asap and the cleared villager needs to claim

- if dr light investigated a mafia last night, they should stay quiet and we'll find another lynch for today; and if that's the case that lynch should preferably be started by tomorrow morning at the latest. then, they should keep investigating until they find a villager, then refer to bullet point one.
Hi i'm a cleared villager. Dr Light wants me to say that Eevee is the bomb robot

vote: eevee

pluslefan

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
It took me a while to figure out why bomb robot didn't die, but yeah I was gonna say this what what was going on.

Dab

Vote: Eevee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)