• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Video Games Max Raid Night!

Thread Description
Who wants to beat up giant, innocent, rampaging Pokemon for fun and profit?

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
Hey, so, with June throwing a bunch of G-max Pokemon spawns at us for pretty much the entire month, I've been thinking about hosting one or more "Max Raid Nights." Basically, we'll go through the whole wild area and strike down every single Dynamax Pokemon for a while! How long? I dunno, depends on how long people wanna do this and all! Why not just host only special max raids? Because gotta clear the wild area anyway to get fresh spawns more than once a day! Why not just manipulate a particular special mon and host it over and over? Meh, this is for fun, not being optimal!

Edit: A little, barebones raid server is set up for the month now. Click here to join!

Requirements: Obviously, you'll need a copy of Sword or Shield. I'm 99.9% sure you'll need a Switch Online subscription in order to participate as well. I might also make a temporary Discord group chat or temporary server to ease communication, so a Discord account is recommended! You'll also need one or more Pokemon capable of taking multiple hits from level 70ish Pokemon (the rough level of a typical 5-star raid, give or take a level or two on any given raid).

Also, don't be Martin. Nobody likes Martin.

Why should you participate? Most importantly, raids are a heck of a lot more fun when you don't have the A.I. being almost useless in anything above 3-star. You can also show off some of your mons to us without having to punch us with them!

But if you're talking rewards and stuff, well, for one, almost all G-Max Pokemon are available this month in the Wild Area. Additionally, all max raid catches have a number of perfect IVs equal to the difficulty of the raid. (5-star means 5 perfect IVs!) Regular raids hand out XP Candies, Dynamax Candies, TRs, sell fodder, and sometimes Gigantamix for those who care about the Currydex. And maybe some other odds and ends. Meanwhile, the current event raids instead give a ton of high level XP candy and a ton of Dynamax Candy.

Other rules? Well, 1) Be careful with the spread moves. Stuff like Earthquake and Sludge Wave will hit allies and can quickly cause a lot of issues if you use them! Consider swapping to moves like Drill Run or Sludge Bomb! 2) Be careful with certain abilities. Please don't be that guy who brings Lightning Rod Manectric when your friends are bringing their own Electric-types. 3) No rules for who gets to Dynamax. If you have the option on your turn, feel free to use it! 4) If we do a voice chat, please mute yourself if you'll be eating or otherwise have a lot of background noise. You don't want to hear me crunching and slurping in ultra high defintion directly in your ear and I don't want to hear you doing that either. 5) Don't be a dick!

Will this be a permanent, recurring thing? Nah, not unless you wanna take charge and make that happen!

What if we have more than four people? Well, guess we'll just have to do the classic strategy of making multiple groups!

"I'm in the middle of a Nuzlocke. Can I join?" Well, sure, if you want. Just... the safety of your Pokemon is not guaranteed.

"I don't have anything that can handle a level 70 Pokemon. Can I still join?" I'm... not entirely opposed to doing a carry. But, I'd only feel comfortable if there were other human players who can hold their since a low level mon is as much of a liability as the A.I. and can quickly help a raid fail. If you must bring an under-leveled mon, please at least teach it Protect! Regardless, I recommend not joining raids you can't handle because, while they aren't exactly hard, a mon that gets one-shotted over and over isn't fun for anyone involved.

What time? I'm thinking Thursday at 8 P.M. CDT/UTC -5, but have some wiggle room if a better time or day works.

So, anyone interested in joining me to go around and beat up giant, innocent, rampaging Pokemon?

Last edited:

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I’m in! Wanna see if I can snag another 6IV Gigantamax and take a break from all of these eggs

Garnet

Hater of the Monty Hall Problem
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Eyy, I haven't played swsh since I got distracted and took a break from working on my trophy hunt! I'd be down to join in for some catchup :0 I could probably go around and host some Shield exclusives if nobody else is playing that version, too!

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All right, I just put up a Discord server for the raiding. Click here to join! It's pretty barebones and everything since, you know, temporary server. Feel free to join and everything right now or wait a bit, either works! As of this writing, I will be a bit busy for the next while, so I won't be super active until closer to time to start.

Speaking of, I'm planning on starting in about two and a half hours from the posting of this posting, which is 8 PM. CDT/UTC-5. Please adjust based on your own time zone if you wish to join tonight.

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, sometime between now and the 28th, I'd like to run another raid night, maybe even get a full group this time.

Especially notable this time around is that there'll be Zeraora raids added to the mix. Can't catch them, sadly, but if the playerbase collectively beats 1 million of em, then everyone receives a shiny Zeraora! According to details, you'll also need to transfer a Pokemon to/from Home and Sword or Shield during the event. Which... is easy and can be done with free Home.

Anyway, I don't have a specific date/time picked out yet, so feel free to suggest days and times that may work for you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)