• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto General Mon MAGENTALOCKE: A Pokemon Blue Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Latest update: 5/6/2020

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?

This is a Pokemon Blue nuzlocke, and I'm drawing the comic as I go, so every page will be just as much of a surprise to me as it will be to you! Let's have fun with this.

INFORMATION:
Game: Pokemon Blue
Gameplay: Ongoing
Updates: Sporadic (roughly once a month)

CHARACTERS:
Protagonist: MAGENTA LOCKEWOOD
Rival: BLUE OAK

RULES:
1. Catch only the first Pokémon encountered in each route/city/area.
2. If a Pokémon faints it is considered dead and must be released immediately.
3. Nickname all captured Pokémon.

Last edited:

nuclear-smash

big ghost energy
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
This e-ghost sleeps until every Nintendo Directs. If they don't announce Kid Icarus: Uprising 2: Underworld Boogaloo, then it goes back to sleep.
So I just found your nuzlocke and holy moly, the art style is so cute and that Squirtle,,, so damn tiny,,, I think I had a cuteness heartattack
I'm definitely looking forward to more updates!! Looks real good and I'm a sucker for nuzlocke comics with water starters 💜

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
OMG, Tiny is so precious!!! And I absolutely adore the rivalry between Magenta and Blue! The thing that I'm happy with is the background, especially in the Pokemart with the clerk's nametag and the pokeballs being sold out. That was incredibly clever, and kudos to you for your artistic skills in making the background a part of the action.

Definitely keeping an eye on this.

Aozora

Chomp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Oh hey, you're here! Welcome to the nuzforum!

It's absolutely a delight to see your work again. I'll be looking forward to the rest of your work! 8D

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Ooh, I saw this run on deviantart just a bit ago. Welcome to the forums! :D It's always wonderful to have new comics here, and I can't wait to read your run properly! That squirtle... SO TINY! It looks like it came out of minecraft pixelmon, heehee!

Emilianite

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
holy shit, they're so tiny?!?! omfg?? ausdj i have extreme weakness for tiny things and these mon are perfect, plus your art is really nice. just love mini shoulder squirtle and blue giving each other that eye laser thing (?) haha, this is so cute~

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Hey your comic is adorable and I love it already! That squirtle is just... too tiny. So small. So precious. I need about a hundred. Your protagonist also is just a darling, I love her short ponytail and just the entire artstyle is cute and sweet and I want to see more. This comic is definitely off to a great start!

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OMG, Tiny is so precious!!! And I absolutely adore the rivalry between Magenta and Blue! The thing that I'm happy with is the background, especially in the Pokemart with the clerk's nametag and the pokeballs being sold out. That was incredibly clever, and kudos to you for your artistic skills in making the background a part of the action.

Definitely keeping an eye on this.
aaaa thank you so much!!! I'm so glad somebody noticed that panel! I had a field day naming that guy, and I thought a nod to the poke balls was nice considering that not being able to buy them until after Oak's package is big frustration in the Kanto games, especially for nuzlockers.

pkmnMasterWheeler

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
Omg I absolutely love your at style!~ it's absolutely adorable~ and that tiny Squirtle! You better be careful, throwing around this much raw adorableness could get someone hurt, dun want anyone dying from adorable overload U:

Serranade

hot butter ice cream
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cute
This Nuzlocke is only a couple pages old but Tiny is already The Most Precious. You have a cute artstyle, so I'm going to keep an eye on this run!

angryskitty

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's adorable when it stares into the distance and has existential crises. It's difficult to earn its trust.
ohhhhh tiny squirtle ;A; My heart has been stolen.

I'm happy to see another Kanto nuz, and one with a Squirtle starter too, no less! You may only have a couple of pages out, but I'm already hooked. Your pacing is really good, and I love the background elements you add to panels (the Pokeballs being sold out like another mentioned). I look forward to future updates! ; v ;

dv9l

Gay Bird Moments
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
A rarely seen pokemon that has been seen doing either of two things: drawing or daydreaming.
Ooooohhhh this nuzlocke is so adorable. Tiny is SO babey it hurts, they must be protected at all costs.
I'm looking forward to seeing more from this nuzlocke 😊 I'm always excited to see new nuzlocke comics sprout up and immediately capture everyone's hearts. Best of luck to you!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
This comic is SO CUTE and so clean. I commend you for flying by the seat of your pants on this run, and just letting it take you for a wild ride. I'm here with you for it. Good luck on the run, and happy Nuzlocking!

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
I'm just going to clump all my replies together in this post so I don't spam.

Also, question: Since MAGENTALOCKE updates tomorrow, does anyone know if it's better to simply add the update to the original post or make a new post? Do the people who watch this thread receive notifications about edits?

@nuclear-smash: thank you!! This is my first time using Squirtle in a nuzlocke so I'm excited to see how it goes!

@Aozora: Thank you! I was scared that the forum would be difficult to navigate but I'm happy to see a familiar face!

@MouseWithADinosaurTail: I'm happy to be here! :) The community's been so nice and welcoming so far. Glad to hear that you like Tiny!!

@Emilianite: Tiny is tiny and that's the tea. And thank you!! I like picking on Blue more than I should and Tiny is just the perfect instigator haha

@Kadew: ashkwfk this is so nice ;w; I'm really happy you like Magenta! She is my daughter and darling is the perfect word to describe her.

@pkmnMasterWheeler: Sometimes a few casualties are necessary (◡‿◡✿)

@Serranade: Thank you!! :)

@angryskitty: WOO Squirtle solidarity! I'm always excited to hear about other Kanto runs! And thank you so much!! I'm glad people are noticing the little background details! (please don't forget Marty he's suffering at the hands of immature ten-year-olds everywhere)

@dv9l: Thank you! Here's hoping everything goes well! :)

@Bug: Thanks! Who knows what'll happen haha

nuclear-smash

big ghost energy
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
This e-ghost sleeps until every Nintendo Directs. If they don't announce Kid Icarus: Uprising 2: Underworld Boogaloo, then it goes back to sleep.
Definitely edit the original post with the new update AND make a new post about it. We don't receive edits as notifs as far as I know, and it just puts the thread back on top for everyone to see anyways so more people will find your comic :) (I mean, everyone just HAS see Tiny 😭)

Neowth

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
I don't really care tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
A dork from the North
This looks so cute! Must check it out!

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Page 3 is up!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh no, she forgot her backpack! I confess that I forget to draw backpacks a lot too, it happens. I really like the masterball pattern. The masterbag, capable of holding any items!

angryskitty

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's adorable when it stares into the distance and has existential crises. It's difficult to earn its trust.
Aaaah new page, new page!

So many new team members! I love them all already, especially Flora. "I'm kinda squishy." oh worm?

(pun absolutely intended, i am so sorry)

Garnet

Hater of the Monty Hall Problem
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
I just found this run and now all I can think about is. What if Tiny just ends up being the smallest Blastoise ever. Like, a foot tall, tops. A tiny, tiny child. I have just met this little turtle and I would kill for him.

Enjoying this run so far! Keep up the good work :0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)