• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola General Lulu's Grand Adventure (Sun Comic!)

Thread Description
ugh as if! updates when i can. last page 1-13 5/25

lostballoon

sleepytime tea connoisseur
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey guys!! Just wanted to give a quick update. My laptop display is partially broken, to the point where I can't access all the tools on Clip Studio to continue drawing. 😭 I would get it fixed ASAP buuuuuut Corona. So unfortunately, I have to place Lulu's Grand Adventure on hiatus until computer repair stores open.

@Kadew FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT
@Dee Thank you!!! She's so much fun to write, and I can't wait to begin drawing this soon!
@pinkshellos Thank you so much!!!! I love drawing everything cute. 😭 And Lime is one of my faves!! I based a lot of his behaviors off my cat, haha.
@Thirteenth I just love writing problematic Lillie. 🤦‍♀️ She's a mess.

Riboo

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Aw, the art style for this comic is really precious e we also curious where this version of Lillie is gonna end up!

lostballoon

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
@Riboo Thank you so much!!! Lillie's arc is so much fun, and I can't wait to show it off!

Sooo I've been thinking about how to continue drawing this while my laptop is all jacked up, and I thought I'd try to post some traditionally drawn pages! I tried to watercolor this one and am not super happy with the results (I'm very out of watercolor practice and usually paint just acrylic landscapes anyway), but it's better than nothing. 😅 I've included the digital WIP of the page as well. If anyone has any suggestions--whether you would prefer the traditional pages to stay in pencil or tips on how to make the most of your shitty CVS watercolor kit--give me a holler! I also have watercolor pencils and acrylics. And uh, a single sharpie.

Anyway, digital pages will return once the Apple Store reopens. 🤦‍♀️

Here's the traditional version of page 10!

And here is the digital WIP! Hopefully someday soon it can be finished.

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Oh man, rest in pieces laptop, hope you can get it fixed soon . n. I don't think I could ever go traditional again XD I'd have to have some way of touching up the pages as my penmanship is ATROCIOUS!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
God it's such a mood

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
The digital wip looks pretty good, wouldn'tve noticed it wasn't done-but-less-intense-than-normal if you hadn't said so. Have fun with the struggles of traditional, I too am hopeless with a watercolor set. I hope your laptop gets to be fixed soon!

ps Lulu's ribbon flopping down with her bad mood is great. It also suggests that what keeps it so high and pointed in the air under normal circumstances is the sheer force of Lulu's upbeat attitude, which I wholly believe.

lostballoon

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
@Riboo I hope so too!!! My area's stay at home order just got extended today, but maybe next month I'll be able to take it in. And omg it's definitely a struggle!!! All I have for pens are my old waitressing ones so I just have to pray my handwriting is mostly legible. 😅
@Dee Lulu having a breakdown is my forever mood, too.
@Kadew thank you!!! I wish I'd just slapped the speech bubbles and text in my lineart layer tbh, then I at least could have published the WIP as mostly done!
And omg thanks it's one of my fave parts of her character design!! Her upbeat personality overpowers gravity, except when it doesn't. 😊

Here we have a traditionally drawn page 11! This time I skipped watercoloring the characters and just did a light wash on the backgrounds, so hopefully it looks better. I might have to order a decent pen set, since my waitressing pens are a bit messy when it comes to lettering.

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
that 'my dread is dead' panel lmaoo

These two are so cute and I adore Lime

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
Lime is my hero

lostballoon

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
@Thirteenth I'm so glad you like him!! He's such a rascal lmao!
@Dee Not all cats wear capes!
@Velink oh my God I bet that would really juice up the ultrasmoothie!

And here is page 12! Please let me know if you need me to write a transcript, I know the handwriting is a lil rough!

And here's a little bonus doodle of Lulu! Drew it on the back of my unemployment handbook lol.

Last edited:

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
LULU LMAO She's hilarious... She's actually gonna send her hopes and dreams on a piece of paper down the river, I can't. She's here to send unemployment woes down the river too. (v cute doodle)

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Lulu is too sympathetic...

And a bicycle thief borrower? Oh dear

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Cat can do anything they want. Cat wants to steal. And a transcript would be nice btw, I'm real bad with reading handwriting in cramped spaces.

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pffff, wow hopes and dreams? Such a mood XD

lostballoon

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
@Thirteenth Lulu is the certified queen of viking funerals! (and omg i need to send these woes down a river ASAP)
@Dee She's such a sweet lil thief!
@Kadew laws don't apply to cats! Their alibi is just being a cat. And sounds good! This next page will have a transcript in a spoiler. 😊

And here we have lucky page 13! One year later and we finally have.....plot! And the return of Lillie! It looks like computer repair stores might be opening up here in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully we'll see a return to nicer looking updates soon! 😅

Lulu: To our dearly departed dreams we say...
Lulu and Lime: GAHBYEEE!
Lulu: And now, a moment of silence.
Lulu: So peaceful...
Lillie: OH MY GAWD NEBBY I SWEAR TO FRIGGIN GOD IF YOU DON'T GET BACK IN THIS BAG I WILL SELL YOU ON EBAY.

and a quick bonus, here's one of the inspirations for Lime chilling on this page!

Thanks for reading! 😊

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
PFFFFFFFFFFFFF, wonderin' just how much Nebs would go for on the ebays :P

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
i'm crying, that GAHBYEEE panel

Really like the oranges on this page, they're peaceful... and then Lillie shows up lol

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
I love your interpretation of Lillie. Bitchy Lillie is such an incredible take on the character, I'm looking forward to it so much!

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
How would she even ship him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)