• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola General Lulu's Grand Adventure (Sun Comic!)

Thread Description
ugh as if! updates when i can. last page 1-13 5/25

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
I'm pretty sure Lulu just committed a felony, considering how much bikes go for in the pokemon universe. Lulu's grand adventure? More like Lulu's grand theft auto.

lostballoon

sleepytime tea connoisseur
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Experimented with a different coloring style this page!! Lmk what yall think!! ☺ Also finally welcome to our friendly rival, Hau!!

Replies under the cut!
@Thirteenth IDK WHY BUT UR COMMENT MADE ME SPIT OUT MY WATER
@Kadew brb renaming this comic Lulu's Grand Theft Auto!! Next page she throws Professor Kukui out of a moving helicopter.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
What a cute comic! I love your style, it all feels so "50s animations" to me. And the run itself is so positive and naive, told to us form a perspective of a person who can only see the good around her. Gives you an immediate "feel good" vibe.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Aw I love her carefree optimism. And Hau somehow they'd already talked about the ultra smoothie dream in the past, amazing. That really sells that they are best friends and I love it. Also the colors on this page are all so warm and inviting, a pleasure to look at.

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
these sweet babies... ;w; I wanna see them get into all kinds of wholesome shenanigans

lostballoon

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Shoutout to the Wallstreet Journal's newest intern, Lillie. Also shoutout to this can of wine for pushing me to finish this page's background lines and all the colors in one night!

Replies under the cut!
@RubyClaw Awh thank you!!!!! I'm so glad you like the style, it tends to oscillate between 50s inspired and 90s anime inspired lol!
@Kadew I'm so glad you enjoy the new color style!!! I think it helps differentiate between background and foreground better. And I'm happy their friendship comes off as strong, too! Hopefully it strengthens more in the coming pages. ☺
@Thirteenth Shenanigans, yes. Wholesome....well, most of the time.

Last edited:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oh no! Lillie, what happened to you? Is this your wicked mother's influence? Please save her from this fate, Lulu, author, anyone! Some interpersonal conflict will probably be fun though, so I'll take this unexpected turn of character and see where it goes. I do love Lulu's face in that third panel.

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
shey/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure she's French
So you probably noticed my comments but I just read everything so far!! :D

I'm surprised I hadn't already! Your art is absolutely lovely and so colorful I love it so much?? Everyone is so cute! I'm a fan of Lulu's outfit and Lime looks awesome!
There may be only 7 pages and a cover so far, but you've got me intrigued already! I wanna learn more about the characters – your take on Lillie seems to be rather unusual, it makes me wonder about what you've got in store… And I can't wait for everything else as well :'3

So this goes without saying but imma follow this!! Love <3

lostballoon

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Replies under the cut ☺
@Kadew Omg I cannot WAIT to introduce Lillie's mom. If Lillie is the Wallstreet Journal's newest intern then Lusamine is their editor in chief... 🙃 I am VERY excited to write her character development, though!! And for her and Lulu's petty arguments, of course. And thank you so much!! I love drawing expressions!
@Rubombee AAAAAA YOUR COMMENTS WARMED MY COLD WINTER HEART SO MUCH. And omg I'm so happy you like Lulu's outfit!!! I had so much fun designing it! And I hope you end up liking Lillie!! I really wanted to put a twist on how her in-game backstory affected her personality. ^^" Thank you again!!!!

And here we have 1-8!!! I'm very sorry for the long delay!!! I ended up suddenly switching jobs after working overtime all fall, and it's been very hectic. This winter looks like it's cooling down on the work front, though, so I'm looking forward to getting back into Lulu's!!!

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
this artstyle is so CUTE... the colours and the whole look are so nice... i'm definitely hooked and i'm looking forward to more!
also i'm very intrigued by the direction taken with lillie here 👀

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
I believe this is the first comic I've seen so far that portrays Lillie as a... well how do I put it nicely? Not the nicest most supportive person out there. Quite a twist compared to the rest of the vibe of this comic, which is a really cool choice.

trainergloria

reach for happiness with a clenched fist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 11, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pokémon Type
Cool
Pokédex Entry
ah, yikes
Oh, I remember your old storylocke! While this comic is a lot different, it still has the same undercurrent of something decisively being created by you, and it's great to see more of the content you put out. ^^ Hopefully Lillie gets a raise sometime during this run, as well.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Lillies MASSIVE PAYCHECK made my laugh, but also Lulu has such bitterness bubbling up in here, I'm excited to see both of them grow as characters as this journey continues.

lostballoon

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Replies under the cut 😙 Thank you all so much!!
@violentlydefending Thank you!!!! ^^ I stopped drawing for about a year, came back, and was like, "it's time to do something cute!" I'm so happy that you enjoy it!
@RubyClaw I suppose the whole comic can't be sunshine and rainbows!! I'm glad you like the decision to make Lillie into a mean girl!! Her arc is one of my faves!
@trainergloria Omg yeah, the tones between Lulu & BOH are night and day! As I've gotten older, I've definitely lightened up a lil when it comes to Pokémon fanfiction. 😅 Thanks for reading my comic!!! We'll see about that raise when Lillie gets her next paycheck!
@Kadew LOL Lillie's gotta make it rain with all her $7.25 an hour!!! And yes, Lulu's got a lil bit of a bitter backbone! It'll def be coming out more as the story goes on!
And now, a lil splash page for a change of pace!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fruit! Fruit! Fruit!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
How did I fall off of this? I'm loving it so far, especially a very fun atypical take on lillie!

pinkshellos

oh man oh beans oh m
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I love this comic????? So much????? It is adorable, I love your art style sm!!
Also Lime is iconic already, I have never appreciated Litten as much as I do right now :'D

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
omg a Lillie that people as sweet as Hau and Lulu don't like?? I'm intrigued 👀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)