• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
Resource icon

Comic Leftovers: A Hoenn Saga

Pcaara

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark, Dragon, Fighting, Ground, Cool, Cute, Tough, ???

Leftovers follows 19 y.o Asadi (center), as she spontaneously sets off on a transformative journey across Hoenn, discovering new friends and responsibilities along the way!

Hullo Hullo~ Before you start reading, i'd like to mention a few key things! First, this comic was started back in 2015 as an explicit way of improving my art and storytelling skills, and to this day (while its gained other importance, as well) it still remains just that despite my experimentation smoothing out over the years. So I hope you're along for the visual ride! That's part of the fun of webcomics, I think :)
I'd also like to point out that, despite not knowing what the future holds, I fully intend on completing this comic. I have a trajectory in mind, and it might take a while, but I feel like it might give a bit of relief knowing this in the face of so many unfortunately dropped comics in the past (arceus rest their souls).

That being said, I hope you enjoy what I have so far and what more's to come!

Current Schedule: rolling with the punches!
Want a cameo? Callout Post and sign up sheet here!

01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05

01 -
02 - 03
01 - 02 - 03 - 04

01 - 02 - 03 - 04
01 - 02 - 03
NOTE: chapter 6.5 and Meanwhile are extra bits of continuity that, while not mandatory reads, will help explain a few things going foward.

01 - 02 - 03 - Chapter 6.5 - Meanwhile in Granite...

Artist Note: Chapter 7 was being created during my busiest year of college, which dragged its production out to a little under a year to finish. So there's ALOT of style changes this chapter lol This is also the first time I made my pages longer, which is why there's so many parts. The rest of these chapters were individual pages combined for consistency a good 3 years later

01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09 - 10 - 11 - The Next Morning...

Full version of Steven's letter:

Steven,
Hello Son, I hope this finds you well. I know it’s been quite a while since we’ve talked,however I am almost certain you are successful in pursuit of your dreams. I know you may be urging me to get to the point, and so I will cease this rambling. For sake of confidentiality, I will refrain from going into details, but trouble seems to be brewing in Hoenn once more. You’ve probably come across such evidence in your travels of course.I wish to hold a meeting with a few others before more serious events get under way. The address will be written in your old man’s chicken scratch on the other side of this postcard. I truly hope you will be able to make it, as I look forward to seeing you again.
Sincerely and With Love,
Joseph
01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - Into The Night Extra
01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09

Yikes ;;V;;

FUN FACT: This is the first chapter where I start giving myself a page limit. This is also where I decided to go back and give each chapter "Issue Covers",
and when I started making reference dumps for all the art used during creation of the chapter :>

01 - 02 - 03 - 04

Concept Art Dump!
01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05

Attachments

Last edited:

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
I just binged this whole comic. HOW did I miss this before? How I feel about it can be summed up as:

I'm glad you decided to bring this over to the forums. You really seem to have a knack for comics, from what I can tell. This looks amazing from start to finish, while still showing improvement. Perhaps it's the stellar grasp on how to utilize the format? I never felt confused on how to read, and the setting was visually well established while not being too much.

Your characters are also super cute. There are quite a lot of them, too. I have a decent grasp on each of them from the time they arrive without spoiling much. There are a couple of loose threads here and there I can't even begin to imagine what is going to happen, but I am excited to find out.

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
Yo I'm so excited to see you're on the new forums!! I love all the character designs in this comic and it really stands out on it's own, especially with your art style. You have an eye for composition and I can tell you're setting up lots of character arcs early on. Can't wait to see more!

Pcaara

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just binged this whole comic. HOW did I miss this before? How I feel about it can be summed up as:
View attachment 2470

I'm glad you decided to bring this over to the forums. You really seem to have a knack for comics, from what I can tell. This looks amazing from start to finish, while still showing improvement. Perhaps it's the stellar grasp on how to utilize the format? I never felt confused on how to read, and the setting was visually well established while not being too much.

Your characters are also super cute. There are quite a lot of them, too. I have a decent grasp on each of them from the time they arrive without spoiling much. There are a couple of loose threads here and there I can't even begin to imagine what is going to happen, but I am excited to find out.
Oh my god, you reacted to my comic using a panel from my comic and i'm LIVING for it hahaaa. I'm so happy you enjoyed your read! <3 I really appreciate your knack for comics comment, as making pages feels like it comes naturally to me, but it's super interesting from an outsider perspective to read that you felt the same (hopefully that makes sense?) As for the world and characters, im glad you feel the charm. I try to shove as much in as possible and can't wait to introduce you all to many more people, places and plot points in the future!

Yo I'm so excited to see you're on the new forums!! I love all the character designs in this comic and it really stands out on it's own, especially with your art style. You have an eye for composition and I can tell you're setting up lots of character arcs early on. Can't wait to see more!
Hello hello! Yess, I found this new forum from a reddit post SUPER randomly earlier today, so excited to poke around and see what's fresh and poppin lol
Thanks, in reference to the character designs! I actually redesigned the core 4 between the first and second half of chapter 7 (right before asadi goes down to the seafest), and there's been a big focus on design since then. Not sure if you've seen the chapter 10 concept art yet (since I was still updating when you and @Bug commented), but I have a feeling you'll like it :)
As for the character arcs...

you're absolutely right.....

Thanks for reading, guys!! :puff:

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Ow wow, so much more in one day. You are REALLY far along. I absolutely love your variety of character shapes. They really started to shape up in these last few chapters. ;D

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
Oh it's so wonderful to see your beautiful comic here on the forums now as well!

Pcaara

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Oh it's so wonderful to see your beautiful comic here on the forums now as well!
AAA, you're too kind. Thank you!
Also I'm really surprised at how many forum members I already know from DA 😮

Ow wow, so much more in one day. You are REALLY far along. I absolutely love your variety of character shapes. They really started to shape up in these last few chapters. ;D
Heheheheh, I see what you did there > v >
And yess, there's a surprising amount of pages already available for how few numerical chapters there are (uploading this, the whole time I was like 8O )
But there's gonna be ALOOT more. So stay tuned! :wooper:

Reactions: Bug

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Oooooooh my god this looks bloody amazing. 👀 THE ART! IT'S SO EXPRESSIVE! SO STUNNING!!!! I cannot WAIT TO BINGE READ THIS LATER!!!!!!

Frostmourne

Warriors of the Frozen Wastes, Rise!
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 14, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy, Cool
Pokédex Entry
A Dragon Lich Queen | Fabulous and Stabulous
Your work is STUNNING. This is a delightful read, and I am so glad I found it. Wonderful work, and I look forward to reading more! Gorgeous, gorgeous, and so heartfelt.

Pcaara

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Oooooooh my god this looks bloody amazing. 👀 THE ART! IT'S SO EXPRESSIVE! SO STUNNING!!!! I cannot WAIT TO BINGE READ THIS LATER!!!!!!
OOOOOoo, i'm excited to hear what you think once you've read it :D Thanks for all the art compliments! :partytime:
Your work is STUNNING. This is a delightful read, and I am so glad I found it. Wonderful work, and I look forward to reading more! Gorgeous, gorgeous, and so heartfelt.
AWWW, THANKS <3 It touches my soul that you enjoyed it this much! And to call it heartfelt *grabs chest*
That's pretty much exactly what i'm going for. I wanna get at the core of some crazy emotions by the time this is all said and done!

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
Wh! I was getting really caught up in all of it and then I caught up and now there isn't any more! HEY! That's downright unfair.

I really enjoyed everything I've read so far, though... worried about Asadi being able to handle her rambunctious little team, though, that's for sure. There are a lot of colorful characters on there, haha, and hoo buddy they are clashin'. Feels like everything ends up harder when you wait nine more years to do it, ahaha.

Pcaara

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
@Jimcloud Daawwhh, thanks! Don't worry, im hard at work on the next chapter ;) As for Asadi and her team..yeahhh, they've got quite a ways to go haha. Colorful characters, indeed ppbbttt Glad you enjoyed your journey so much up to this point!

Also guys, BIG UPDATE/OVERSIGHT. In originally posting this thread I completely left out one of the most important pages of Chapter 9 (in case you all wondered why a certain jump happened). I thought I had this page on there, but alas I have uploaded it now. For the sake of you not having to read the whole thing again and play "spot the difference", here is the page on its own:

This takes place after Asadi passes out from seeing Artemis and right before the scene of her in the room talking to her mom. Enjoy!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry

Honestly, I'm in an art rut, but I really wanted to make something for your comic because I really, really like it. Thank you for sharing it with us!!

Pcaara

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type

Honestly, I'm in an art rut, but I really wanted to make something for your comic because I really, really like it. Thank you for sharing it with us!!
B U G
I SQUEALED AT WORK

OH my god I
I LOVE THEM, THANK YOU!!! <3

I also hope youre able to get out of your art rut soon!! Sending much love your way!!

Neowth

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
I don't really care tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
A dork from the North
Time to read this bad boy!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Well hello again! I just wanted to let you know that you've been featured. We love your stuff, and hope you like the article!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)