Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
Totem Salazzle killed four of my Pokemon, with the remaining two at a grand total of 12 HP. The Fire trial was a near wipe, because I had a personal rule against using Mudbray.
Hapu killed half my team, and I was only able to beat Gastrodon thanks to a Muddy Water miss + double confusion + Acrobatics crit.
But Totem Mimikyu? I soft reset to beat Totem Mimikyu, and take no shame in it. (Mimicking Rock Tomb?! Seriously?!)

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I usually don't use the Exp. Share in 3DS games unless I'm grinding weaker mons, but prior to Totem Mimikyu, I'm gonna turn it on and grind the crap out of everybody. That thing is evil incarnate and clearly I must kill it with fire.

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?
Hhhhh Candice in Platinum is a nightmare. If her Froslass gets a Double Team going it's so difficult to take down. Made the mistake of fighting her without a Fire-type and ended up losing my starter to her.

Clay's Excadrill (in both BW and B2W2) is another panic-inducing battle. I always forget Grass-type moves aren't effective on it. And it hits so hard. You go in with an unevolved pokemon (even if it has a type advantage) and they're dead meat.

And of course, the worst of them all............. Whitney's Miltank. Nothing said.

(Surprisingly, I've defeated Steven and Cynthia with no deaths..... huh.)

Browncow45

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
I'm finally playing Y for the first time, and wow are the gym leaders disappointing. All of them. Kalos has some surprising random trainers, but the gym leaders themselves are just normal trainers with flashy rooms. The scariest thing any of them has is Clemont's Magneton with decent STAB. I'm at Victory Road, but it looks like the E4 are just more of the same. No strategy required beyond use super-effective moves and win.

Killjoy

Oops! All Unova!
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
the ride never ends, and crying is not an emergency
Oh yeah, I forgot about Clair. I think I tried really hard to wipe her out from my memory, but OOPS I finished Soul Silver few days ago and reading her dialogue really opened some old, bitter wounds LOL.

She calls herself the best dragon-trainer in the world/region, completely ignoring Lance's (HER OWN COUSINS.) existence as a Johto champion. Really? Bitch, you are just a gym leader, and your main strategy is accuracy hax with your Kingdra. And you accuse the player for cheating and refuse to give them the damn badge? REALLY?
My god, if it's not most entitled crybaby in Pokemon world (except Whitney I guess, but she at least don't send you to some cave to PROVE YOURSELF WORTHY THE BADGE.). Hell, even the first gym leaders state multiple times that's the league rules to give the trainer the badge when they win and implies that refusing to do so is illegal.

Clair fucking sucks as a character, don't @ me.

Rocco2000

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 15, 2019
So, I only played the first four gen, so grudges time:
-First Gen: some killed my starters, others just pkmns I had. The elite is easy. No special hatred here.
-Second Gen: Morty is a bit of a danger that early on, I always have to grind to beat him. After him, everyone is easy peasy lemon queesy. Though yeah, Clair's bitch.
-Third Gen: Fuck Emerald Watson. Like, dude, you ended two of my runs. Then Norman is, indeed, scary. Best strategy to dem Slakings? Not fighting them. The twins are creepy.
-Fourth Gen (I only played Platinum): Roark's Cranidos can be a nightmare if you are not prepared for him. Fantina is literally a soul crusher. Like, that Mismagius is a monster. Lucario can be a little bit terrifying, but not that much. Floatzel it's also a bitch.
Special mentions to Bugsy, Whitney and *insert fighting type gym leader name* in motherfucking in Polished Crystal.

JavierE64

There´s even something under the mask?
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Time to give my two cents about least favorite Gym leaders.
  • Kanto: Misty / Lt. Surge; Having such powerful Pokemon this early in the game is absurd.
  • Johto: Miltank, just Whitney´s Miltank. Chuck and Claire are also very close on my list.
  • Hoenn: Juan, or Juan´s Kingdra to be more precise.
  • Sinnoh: Candice, both her Gym and her battle.
  • Unova: Marlon, he´s just boring and unnecessary.
  • Kalos: Olympia and Wulfric, Snore
And honorable mention goes to Totem Marowak, because dealing with both it and a Salazzle is just unfair.

RevenantArcan

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Psychic
She calls herself the best dragon-trainer in the world/region, completely ignoring Lance's (HER OWN COUSINS.) existence as a Johto champion.
Lance is a poser, his Champion team is mono-Flying. He's Lance the Flying Master.

Dschubba

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Difficulty wise? Totem Marowak still is the stuff of nightmares to me. That thing would be tough on its own, but then Salazzle joins the party and I'm just frantically cutting into my potion stash. I appreciate having some actually tough fights to keep a run tense, but that was just a bit overtuned.

Other than that, dishonorable mention to Whitney and Clair, just for being the most ungraceful losers in any of these games. Tantrums aren't a good look.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
this is mostly a grudge from when i was a kid first playing pearl but gardenia gave me so much trouble as a six year old. i could not for the life of me get past her with my prinplup (which i nicknamed 'Piplup'), so a friend of my older sister traded me a magcargo to deal with her, but even that was a struggle because it was like level 50

lucian was also really hard for kid me, i struggled more against him than against cynthia but i can't actually remember why in particular lol

Nebbles

i cannot be contained
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
tate and liza, specifically in emerald, are nightmares to me. i haven't even done a full nuzlocke of that game yet and they're one of the reasons why, i'm damn terrified of what the luck gods decide what team i'd end up with when i face them...

flannery is terrifying too. like damn that torkoal is mean.

Azelf

How the Azelf Stole Christmas
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is too lazy too make any creative shit, and would sitting down like a sack of potatoes and play video games.
Not sure if that counts as a Gym Leader/Elite Four member (though he is a boss character, so I guess it technically counts), but I remember Cipher Admin Dakim being a huge pain in the ass when I was young, particularly when trying to snag Entei from him. Not sure if you get some Ultra Balls at this point in the game, but I didn't knew that as a kid, not to mention Shadow Rush constantly does recoil damage to Entei, so if you try to lower its health as much as possible, chances are the AI will keep spamming Shadow Rush, thus making you lose the chance of catching a Legendary Pokemon this early in the game.

All I can say is, thank Arceus they discovered a glitch with the Master Ball years later...

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird is back!
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Agreed, and since you brought up the Shadow games...freaking Gorigan and his constant Earthquakes while you're trying to snag two Shadow Pokémon (in each fight).
I don't dislike either character, but man they can be annoying as hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)