• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Last thing you bought

Thread Description
What did you spend your last pennies on today?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
My last purchase was a new handle and flapper for a toilet. Yay for adulting?

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
A Cappuccino.

mewstein

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
A subscription to NordVPN to access Amazon's region restricted content. The connection runs like a dog but it's worth it to catch up with my favourite cheesy Amercian shows...

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Finally broke down and bought a new Kindle Paperwhite. My old OG Kindle Touch was purchased back in 2011 and I just can't find a replacement battery anymore.

I'm honestly not impressed? The new one has a light, sure, but they removed the speakers, and the headphone jack, and it feels just as slow as its 8 year old counterpart. Oh well, at least I know I wasn't missing much.

Also: Amazingly, it's been 8 years and the Kindle's default storage capacity has gone from 4gb to....8gb.

Wow, absolutely stunning.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
A baked potato for lunchfast today (yes, I just made that term up), and a microSD card for my Switch so I could move screenshots to my laptop easily.

Elfin Song

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
A caesar chicken wrap and a ginger ale because I spent the entire evening baking a cheesecake for tomorrow and didn't feel like actually making anything beyond that.

(Look, cheesecakes are tasty, but they're exhausting to make, okay?)

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Congrats on the car!

My last purchase was a tank of gas. It's nice to be able to fill up for just $20.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
I finally cracked and bought Shield. Goodbye, Winter Of Productivity.

And also...

The deposit on this fine piece of tailpipe

Time to celebrate National Tree Week in style!

Nice car, congrats! Always had a soft spot for the Euro versions of the civics - especially those gen 8's. Dont get me wrong I love my north american 9th gen Si, but it just seems kinda bland from the front.

This Black Friday I was sensible for once. I only bought two hard drives and some socks. I really needed both, been running my nas at 95% capacity for like 6 months now, and I was down to only 8 pairs of socks. Considering I go 10 days in between laundry trips occasionally...Yeah, had to be done.

mewstein

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
@Skarmizard and @Fullmental Thank you, chaps! And having lived in America for a few years I'll well aware my new toy is probably dinky by US standards. But it's certainly an upgrade from the Ford Fiesta I used to own (and stupidly tried to drive home after last year's Work Christmas Party, resulting in a smashed-up bonnet and year-long driving ban).

Here are some more pictures of my new Best Friend: Apologies to non-petrol heads, I'm dead chuffed about this vehicle!

Back to the topic at hand, the last thing I bought was a big bag of pork scratchings 'cause what the heart wants is not always good for it.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
@Skarmizard and @Fullmental Thank you, chaps! And having lived in America for a few years I'll well aware my new toy is probably dinky by US standards. But it's certainly an upgrade from the Ford Fiesta I used to own (and stupidly tried to drive home after last year's Work Christmas Party, resulting in a smashed-up bonnet and year-long driving ban).

Here are some more pictures of my new Best Friend: Apologies to non-petrol heads, I'm dead chuffed about this vehicle!

Back to the topic at hand, the last thing I bought was a big bag of pork scratchings 'cause what the heart wants is not always good for it.
Totally agree, I live in an area where like half the rural population drives a coal rolling, lifted f-250. Don't care, my Civic is fun to drive and cheap to maintain. Perfect daily driver.

Yams

crybaby
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Probably asleep when you meet them. Can easily be lured out with cinnamon soda and sewing supplies.
a chrom amiibo...

mewstein

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
I have the day off work so was able to make a trip to my local butchers for...

More pork scratchings - this time in a very classy plastic bag.

All the fat, salt and flavour of bacon with none of that boring protein.

Aureum

And the gods shall know his name.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Aureums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
Dairy Queen’s Chicken and Waffles...

Chicken is slightly dry and the waffles taste almost purely like sugar.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
got myself a tablet and all the goodies to go with it! can't wait to commit art crimes

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A puzzle-I've always liked puzzles, and there's something more satisfying about a physical puzzle than a virtual one IMO (nothing wrong with virtual ones, though!) Don't really know where in my house I can work on it, though...

MorpekoPekoyama

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 22, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes themselves a bit too seriously, but is otherwise friendly. It is most active in the middle of the night.
I bought some watercolors and paintbrushes, and a 64 GB SD Card.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
ooh, watercolors! one of my favorite mediums, i paint with them a fair bit.

it's not very exciting but i got myself pho for lunch this week! pho's my favorite comfort food.

DestinyDragonGS

Plays way too many Fighting games
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is very relaxed and enjoys analyzing things. This Pokemon is also quick to snark at anything that gives it an opportunity
I got the Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX Soundtrack because I'm a sucker for video game OSTs and I've had "Igniter (iX version)", "Beyond Probability", "Lightning Berserk", "Thunderstorm", and "Avalanche Breakdown" stuck in my head for a good couple weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)