• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Last thing you bought

Thread Description
What did you spend your last pennies on today?

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
That one building with no door for a hero to open.
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
As humans, we all have to buy things eventually. In order to buy things, we have a method of exchanging bits of paper or chunks of metal for those items that have real-world use. Sometimes we even use imaginary bits of coin to convince others to give us real, tangible items!

It's a fascinating subject, but rather than discuss the method of payment, why don't we talk about what we've purchased? It can be anything, from food to a house, as long as it involved the exchange of some sort of currency.

For example:

Today, I bought a candy bar at the local 7-Eleven. It tasted stale and was a very disappointing experience.

I want my money back.

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Casual tends to be plagued with identity issues. Their support for the disadvantaged knows few bounds.
Got lunch at BJ's yesterday and the experience was amazing thanks to the waitresses being awesome.

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
I decided to treat myself on Friday since I just got paid - so I bought PLGE, a Sombra nendoroid and put down half the price to preorder Pokemon Sword. $200 well spent.

Cleffachi

Training to be Cute
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a shark! It tends to dislike cynicism and being mean.
i bought meself a 22&1/2 inch mimikyu plush a few days ago, and im eagerly awaiting its arrival

i’m also eagerly awaiting the arrival of an update to my public transportation card that applies the money i just put on it, which is less happy and more worrisome...

pkmnMasterWheeler

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
Just bought Mario Maker 2 last Friday, and took the opportunity to pre order the Link's Awakening remake as well as Pokemon Sword and Shield. I don't usually pre order games, but there were 2 other people in the store to get MM2 as well, the person in front of me walked out with the game, I walked out with the game, the person behind me did not walk out with the game, so I decided I wouldn't risk it after that close call X3

angryskitty

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's adorable when it stares into the distance and has existential crises. It's difficult to earn its trust.
I bought some notebooks with dot paper! They were on clearance so I snatched up 3. :3c

I can't say whether I'm really satisfied with them yet, since I have 10 more sketchbooks to finish before I even think about starting these, but I've already put some Undivine stickers on them to claim them.

Cleffachi

Training to be Cute
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a shark! It tends to dislike cynicism and being mean.
my friend naomi got me a vhs player for $5 at a yard sale and i bought evangelion on vhs we livin BIG

Minty Electronica

heeeeeeeyyyyyy, adora~ <3
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's an azumarill. You caught an azumarril.
Basil, peaches, and some instant curry because even internet gremlins need to eat sometime, lmao.

But if we're talking about something other than groceries, a ticket to a Van Gogh documentary that was only showing this morning. He's my absolute favorite artist and one of my favorite historical figures, and the film basically chronicled his entire life, set off against his paintings, to explain how his art style had evolved and to disentangle some of the myths behind his life. It was hella fascinating—I never really thought about how much his religious background fed into his work, but it makes sense, given that he wasn't always an artist, to put it lightly. Orrrrr in other words, money well spent, ngl.

kittenrobotarmy

FIYA EMBUREM
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Has dedicated her life to the Blue Lions + Marianne and considers them her children.
Stardew Valley for the Switch! The game always looked cute to me, and as someone who lives on a farm, it's interesting and relaxing to farm while sitting my bed. It's all the accomplishment and none of the back pain, and that's a win win.

Fullmental

🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh? My favorite Japanese power metal band is making its debut in the US at a rock festival next month?

It's only $100 to get in?

It's only 6 hours away so I only need 1 night at a hotel?

Sold! R.I.P. dreams of buying a revised switch for better battery life this month.

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him whatever the male ones are idk
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
A bottle of chocolate milk.

Had a little too much syrup for my taste but was good nonetheless.

Rhema

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
She tries her best, but doesn't succeed. She gets what she wants but not what she needs.
I bought some tea today at work and got to tap my new credit card against the machine instead of having to stick the chip in. This is 2019!!!

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Casual tends to be plagued with identity issues. Their support for the disadvantaged knows few bounds.
A 20-ride pass for my local bus system, now that their "everyone rides free in july" promotion has ended.

Minty Electronica

heeeeeeeyyyyyy, adora~ <3
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's an azumarill. You caught an azumarril.
A lemonade and an almond croissant because I should be on a low carb diet for health reasons with a heavy limit on frivolous spending for budget reasons but have no self-control in either department.

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
♂
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
A T-Shirt from a Les Miserables production.
It cost me 35 dollars and it was too small.

Fullmental

🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
I broke down and traded in my old switch for a new revision. I couldn't avoid the battery gains - I probably do 80% of my gameplay docked, but when I'm handheld it's usually for longer periods of time, so it's 100% worth it. Also, my day 1 switch has always had joycon issues and ran hot (to the point the heat cycles actually broke the exhaust grill plastic), so those should see minor improvements too.

Side note, I can't believe GameStop was still offering $200 trade on the original version.

surfe

I am SHOPKEEP. I desire ALL RUBLES.
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
hi
Found a Splatoon shirt on sale for only £2.90 so I figured why not. It fits very well and I love how it looks! Although I am worried about how much of my wardrobe is starting to become black t-shirts with fandom stuff on them...

TheTRUEgge

Egg
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I bought a ‘dinosaur egg’ that you put in water and hatch. It’s hatching; and is my Son

Fullmental

🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
I bought some new window trim molding for my car, because I'm sick of seeing the crumbling, disintegrating rubber every morning. Now to figure out how to install it without taking to the auto shop...

Side note - I still can't figure out why the rubber was basically destroyed on a 4 year old car. Must be some really, really cheap trim...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)