• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kalos Teen Gijinka Knell ( Y gjinkalocke comic )

elken

sleepy -o- ..........
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 10, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
himbo

TWENTY YEARS AFTER A CIVIL WAR THAT NEARLY DESTROYED KALOS-
A ORPHAN NAMED ALRUNE DISCOVERS HE HAS A FATE DESTINED FOR DESTRUCTION...

COMIC STARTED 12/30/17
GAMEPLAY FINISHED 2014​

RULES

- Only the first pokemon on each route can be caught/used
- If a pokemon faints, it is considered dead
- No healing items can be used other than berries.
- If the starter dies, it is considered a game over.

PAGES

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
COVER

EXTRA RESOURCES

CHARACTER REFS
ALRUNE ( 1 / 2 )
BENJI
LEOHNE
MAE
AERIK

PLAYLISTS
ALRUNE
BENJI
LEOHNE
MAE
AERIK

TOYHOUSE
( extra character art, fanart, and just general organization of the characters is here !! )

Howdy!
I normally update bi-monthly! Or at least i try to update bi-monthly, haha.
//hopefully I remember to post on here when I have an update lol !!!!

thanks guys <3​

CrypticDart

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is quite gullible at times but can show promise of intelligence sometimes! But, this occurrence is rare.
Jasper hell yeah man

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
Woohoo let's welcome Jasper and the Knell gang here on the shiny new forums!!! The new banner looks so pretty!!!

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
Yeehaw glad that you moved to the new forums!! and with a spicy new banner owo damb jasper alrunes not supposed to be the hot one

elken

sleepy -o- ..........
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 10, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
himbo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks so much parnder :DD!!!! <33
Yeehaw glad that you moved to the new forums!! and with a spicy new banner owo damb jasper alrunes not supposed to be the hot one
thank you :DD!!!!!!
maybe the real hot one was the alrunes we made along the way...................

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
WELCOOOOOOOME TO THE NEW FORUMS! I've been following your comics for a handful of months now, but it wasn't until we were in the middle of Tapatalk nonsense that I found you, so commenting really went by the wayside. I really like how this run has developed, and it feels a lot like now that Aerik is around and the whole backstory and lore has reached a... uh, end? sort of, that it's really all progressing. Kind of like all the history was the base for everything to start moving forward, and holy shit is it GOING now. I wasn't sure that Aerik had actually picked up on anything until now. And I am TERRIFIED to see him or anyone else turn into a "villain" as a result. That's a good sign, that I'm already sobbing over theoretical situations. ;-;

Anyways, I'm happy to see you here. @ me when you update, I'm jumping at the opportunity to be able to keep close track of your updates now. Have fun, and happy Nuzlocking!

Xita

Moo
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
So the new forum smell gave me a chance to see what other kinds of runs are out there and I just binged everything you got up until now (wow I caught up at the worst time lol) and this is great.

I love your character designs for the gijinkas, like even one of the same species looks so different yet they are also recognizable as that species. I could usually guess which gijinka they are before the comic said what they were, which is always nice (not to knock on you providing their species either, that’s very helpful, I just kind of treat it like a game for myself).

Alrune is such a sweet little guy, and I liked seeing Leonhe go from “god I have to watch these brats” to “these are my kids and I’ll protect them with my life!” I feel like Leonhe’s kind of the standout character in this, and I feel that out of everyone you put the most passion into him and that’s cool! I love it when I can clearly see how much work a creator puts into their stuff. But I also feel like Leonhe is also a weakness of the comic as well? To clarify, I feel like soooo much of the story has been focused on Leonhe and his past up to this point that everyone else, and even Alrune, have become background characters. Most of anyone that get’s introduced as of late has some sort of relation to Leonhe, so that ends up steering the plot towards his path and the other members of the team don’t get to say much. And I’m not saying that it’s bad to focus on other characters either! It’s great that we get to focus on other people for a sec since it’s not always about the protagonist, and I can understand why you went the way you did since Leonhe is important to the main plot (as is Aerik, and if that stuff wasn’t explained things would’ve been weird). But as a reader I’m more looking forward to when we start focusing back on what’s happening with Alrune and what’s happening with his arm (which is what looks like is happening now, which is cool!)

Anywho, Leonhe aside I definitely feel like action is one of your strongest suits! Your colors are so lovely, and gosh, the way you draw fire is amazing (and wow it reminded me that there are 3 fire types on your team holy cow, that sounds like such a struggle with healing restrictions!).

Looking forward to seeing what happens next~

elken

sleepy -o- ..........
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 10, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
himbo

elken

sleepy -o- ..........
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 10, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
himbo
So the new forum smell gave me a chance to see what other kinds of runs are out there and I just binged everything you got up until now (wow I caught up at the worst time lol) and this is great.

I love your character designs for the gijinkas, like even one of the same species looks so different yet they are also recognizable as that species. I could usually guess which gijinka they are before the comic said what they were, which is always nice (not to knock on you providing their species either, that’s very helpful, I just kind of treat it like a game for myself).

Alrune is such a sweet little guy, and I liked seeing Leonhe go from “god I have to watch these brats” to “these are my kids and I’ll protect them with my life!” I feel like Leonhe’s kind of the standout character in this, and I feel that out of everyone you put the most passion into him and that’s cool! I love it when I can clearly see how much work a creator puts into their stuff. But I also feel like Leonhe is also a weakness of the comic as well? To clarify, I feel like soooo much of the story has been focused on Leonhe and his past up to this point that everyone else, and even Alrune, have become background characters. Most of anyone that get’s introduced as of late has some sort of relation to Leonhe, so that ends up steering the plot towards his path and the other members of the team don’t get to say much. And I’m not saying that it’s bad to focus on other characters either! It’s great that we get to focus on other people for a sec since it’s not always about the protagonist, and I can understand why you went the way you did since Leonhe is important to the main plot (as is Aerik, and if that stuff wasn’t explained things would’ve been weird). But as a reader I’m more looking forward to when we start focusing back on what’s happening with Alrune and what’s happening with his arm (which is what looks like is happening now, which is cool!)

Anywho, Leonhe aside I definitely feel like action is one of your strongest suits! Your colors are so lovely, and gosh, the way you draw fire is amazing (and wow it reminded me that there are 3 fire types on your team holy cow, that sounds like such a struggle with healing restrictions!).

Looking forward to seeing what happens next~
man oh man thank you so osososo much!!! it really means a lot :DD!!!!! <33 thank you so much for reading and taking the time to leave such a nice comment !!
im glad u like my kids!!!! and yea, i agree that leohne gets a little too much of the spotlight haha. he is my favorite, and this comic is Self Indulgence Central so i tend to focus on him just because i like him a lot. There is some story connection to why he is so prominent right now, and itll become clear a little later! i know i've been neglecting mae a lot too i feel very bad for her pbtbtb!!! the focus will defentally shift back to alrune and benji and mae really really soon, but there is some reasoning to why Leohne is so focused on right now that will become clear later!!
thank you so much!!!!! gosh thank you thaty means a lot especially because fire is the thing i have the hardest time drawing (which is tragic in a teram full of fire types..)
thank yoiu so ososososo much!!!!!!!! it means the world to me <33!!

elken

sleepy -o- ..........
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 10, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
himbo
WELCOOOOOOOME TO THE NEW FORUMS! I've been following your comics for a handful of months now, but it wasn't until we were in the middle of Tapatalk nonsense that I found you, so commenting really went by the wayside. I really like how this run has developed, and it feels a lot like now that Aerik is around and the whole backstory and lore has reached a... uh, end? sort of, that it's really all progressing. Kind of like all the history was the base for everything to start moving forward, and holy shit is it GOING now. I wasn't sure that Aerik had actually picked up on anything until now. And I am TERRIFIED to see him or anyone else turn into a "villain" as a result. That's a good sign, that I'm already sobbing over theoretical situations. ;-;

Anyways, I'm happy to see you here. @ me when you update, I'm jumping at the opportunity to be able to keep close track of your updates now. Have fun, and happy Nuzlocking!
OOHGH THAN KYOU SO SOSOS MUCH!!!!!! :DDD!!!!!! IT MEANS A LOT THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!!!!
yea!! thank you !!1 i'm planning that a lot of the history/backstory stuff will be mostly finished by the time chapter 2 is done !! so im glad things are speeding up:DD
also villain aerik...hmm...we will see ;)
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH PARNDER!!! IM REALLY REALLY GLAD U LIKE MY SILLY COMIC!!! :DDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! it means sososos much!!! <33

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
fuxkin fuck fuc im so mad right now. i cant believe youve done this

for real tho, as much as I hate to say it, if leohne is actually dead I think it will signify an important tone shift in your comic. leohne had somewhat of a dichotomy between how his team saw him vs the fact tha they had saw him defeated/at a low point (gym 1 and with dryas? i think thats it?). He filled the leader role despite not fitting into it in the traditional sense. Nonetheless, Up until this point he has been the only real "adult" on the team, and without him, someone is going have to step up to the plate. (adult in " " because aerik.. uh he tries) Whether that be an already existing member or someone new will be interesting, although I'd love to see it be aerik, assuming he even wants to stay with these kids. Aerik seems to be the only one that finds alrune's uh, essence, for lack of better word, to be concerning. like in a sinister way.

ah so in other words you got me fuckin analyzing your comic so that says something

also while i was writing that up i was looking up some older pages and the after gym 1 leohne at one point tells alrune not to touch him and in the final panel of the update alrune is crying on his chest and why you gotta do that im really getting emotional over a comic

Xita

Moo
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
man oh man thank you so osososo much!!! it really means a lot :DD!!!!! <33 thank you so much for reading and taking the time to leave such a nice comment !!
im glad u like my kids!!!! and yea, i agree that leohne gets a little too much of the spotlight haha. he is my favorite, and this comic is Self Indulgence Central so i tend to focus on him just because i like him a lot. There is some story connection to why he is so prominent right now, and itll become clear a little later! i know i've been neglecting mae a lot too i feel very bad for her pbtbtb!!! the focus will defentally shift back to alrune and benji and mae really really soon, but there is some reasoning to why Leohne is so focused on right now that will become clear later!!
thank you so much!!!!! gosh thank you thaty means a lot especially because fire is the thing i have the hardest time drawing (which is tragic in a teram full of fire types..)
thank yoiu so ososososo much!!!!!!!! it means the world to me <33!!
And that’s awesome! I have mad respect for someone who just wants to indulge in themselves, especially when a comic is such a big undertaking. Keep on doing you!

Also um- how dare you with the double cliffhanger???!

First Mae now Leonhe???!

I wanna say he’s okay since he literally said he’s okay and we didn’t get a “Leonhe Level X-XX”-tier death panel but that stab seemed pretty fatal I dunno. Man he’s been through too much to die to some punk :ohdear:

ssandshrew

tired but trying her best
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
Knell has been on my gotta read list for a while and I'm soooooo so glad I took the time this weekend to check this run out... the STORY the CHARACTERS the ART the EVERYTHING is so fuckn beautiful and I'mon the edge of my seat to see what happens next. I really like that you dont shy away from more gruesome themes in your art, it has a real nice shock value to it and makes those super intense moments hit realhard. I'm super loving this comic and I can't wait to see more updates! c:

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
YEEHAW! Hey, I made you a short playlist for your run. I actually had an issue only restricting myself to three songs for this, hahaha.

elken

sleepy -o- ..........
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 10, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
himbo
fuxkin fuck fuc im so mad right now. i cant believe youve done this

for real tho, as much as I hate to say it, if leohne is actually dead I think it will signify an important tone shift in your comic. leohne had somewhat of a dichotomy between how his team saw him vs the fact tha they had saw him defeated/at a low point (gym 1 and with dryas? i think thats it?). He filled the leader role despite not fitting into it in the traditional sense. Nonetheless, Up until this point he has been the only real "adult" on the team, and without him, someone is going have to step up to the plate. (adult in " " because aerik.. uh he tries) Whether that be an already existing member or someone new will be interesting, although I'd love to see it be aerik, assuming he even wants to stay with these kids. Aerik seems to be the only one that finds alrune's uh, essence, for lack of better word, to be concerning. like in a sinister way.

ah so in other words you got me fuckin analyzing your comic so that says something

also while i was writing that up i was looking up some older pages and the after gym 1 leohne at one point tells alrune not to touch him and in the final panel of the update alrune is crying on his chest and why you gotta do that im really getting emotional over a comic
BRO BRO BRO......BRO... LISTEN IM CRIYNg.. IM SHAKINg.... the analysis you made literally has me weeping i love you so much. honestly it just means a whole lot that you are like,,,considerinmg my characters,, if that makes sense!! its just!! aa!! thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUk!!!! <3
also like, just because leohne is alright doesnt mean shit rn okay.............. your analysis was Really Fucking good and im ;)

ANYWAY YEA.....LEOHNE AND ALRUNE'S PHYSICAL PROGRESSION HAS GOTTEN ME EMO A COUPLE TIMES SO IT WAS 100% INTENTIONAL AND IM REALLY GLAD YOU NOTICED BGBVHCNFBVCNHFB I LVOE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

elken

sleepy -o- ..........
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 10, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
himbo
Knell has been on my gotta read list for a while and I'm soooooo so glad I took the time this weekend to check this run out... the STORY the CHARACTERS the ART the EVERYTHING is so fuckn beautiful and I'mon the edge of my seat to see what happens next. I really like that you dont shy away from more gruesome themes in your art, it has a real nice shock value to it and makes those super intense moments hit realhard. I'm super loving this comic and I can't wait to see more updates! c:
OOGH THAN KYOU SO MCH!!!
bro i love your comic this means.. a lot...........oof thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its seriously a high honor : 'D !!!
thank yuo so much.. it means a lot!! i really wanted this comic to be 'darker' ig due to the connection with death and yveltal and stuff lol ( also i like drawing gore what can i say fgvhb! )
BUT OOF!! THANK YOU SOSOSOS MUCH <33 !! IM REALLY GLAD YOU LIKE MY SILLY COMIC!!!!!!!!!!!

elken

sleepy -o- ..........
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 10, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
himbo
YEEHAW! Hey, I made you a short playlist for your run. I actually had an issue only restricting myself to three songs for this, hahaha.
BRO IM LITERALLY SOBBING.......THIS IS SO SWEET AND NICE IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAKN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT BIELEVE THIS THANK YOU SO MCH..........
also just the other songs are REally Really Freaking Good but God... All this power ( which i've never heard before and really love it so thank you for introducing it to me lol ! ) is so ...knell... like.. you looked right into my mind and picked out the perfect knell themesong thank you s o much... i am honored really thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elken

sleepy -o- ..........
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 10, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
himbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)