• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto Teen Hack Kanto Black Nuzlocke Comic

Thread Description
Pokemon Kanto Black Nuzlocke run with in-game's "Chaos" difficulty set.

jieh_draws

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry
It doesn't seem to do much, but Poké-Professors insist it's trying.
Hi Anyone,

This is a nuzlocke comic based on my playthough of Pokemon Kanto Black (v2.08). It's being played & drawn 1 gym/chapter at a time.

I didn't have much experience drawing before hand, but I wanted to do this.
I would really appreciate any feedback, if you have any ideas/tips/strategy on how I can improve any aspect of the comic (art/storytelling/etc), please feel free to lay it on me.
Game:
-Kanto Black is a hack of FireRed where gen 1-2 Pokemon have been swapped out with Gen 5-6 Pokemon, amoung a few other changes. If interested you can find it on Pokecommunity.
-The creator/hacker had different settings to make the game more difficult, they are all turned on for my run.

Fonts used:
-Sans
-Backissues BB
-YouMurderer BB
-Badaboom BB
-If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead.
-Only the first pokemon on each route can be caught, duplicates still count.
-Gift Pokemon are allowed.
-Starter is based on the Trainer Id (1-3 Grass, 4-6 Fire, 7-9 Water, 0 Player's choice).
-Game over when no Pokemon are left.
I marked it as Mature on smackjeeves because under Nuzlocke rules, Pokemon die. Those scenes where characters die can have gore.
Updating Chapter 3 with 1 page a week.

Last edited:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh dang that's a tough set of rules. Seeing unova pokemon all up in kanto is pretty fun though, and I for some reason really want to see this venipede succeed after that glorious montage of training

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Aw, not the venipede :( Scolipede is one of my favorites, what a shame. At least grass monkey isn't dying its inevitable death so far. I like how creative you've been with those vine whip gags, though this carbink sure is coming out tougher than the rest. I wonder how this ironclad defense will get broken through.

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oh dang, oh dang! That gym battle, that did not go in a good way! That went in a very bad way! I loved the whole Gaara vs Rock Lee fight references, in part bc these past few weeks me and my husband have actually started watching Naruto for the first time and we just got through that fight fairly recently, meaning I actually got the reference!

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry
I'm glad you got the reference @Kadew, Gaara vs Lee is one of my favorite fights from Naruto! The battle was going great until it wasn't, all it took was one mistake for everything to come crashing... Thanks for the comment.

Chapter 2 is coming out slowly, 1 page at a time! I'm working on the chapter in between my full time job. However, once it's done I think I'll post more pages a week. Until then the story will be progressing slowly so I'm sorry about that.

I updated the main post to include deviantart links and embedded the images in the thread as well, so you can check them either here or smackjeeves or deviantart.

Also now that chapter 1 is over with, if anyone has feedback then I would appreciate it. I am already trying to tackle tackle tackle what I felt were the weak points from the first chapter and hopefully the comic will continue to improve.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Hah, sleeping inside the museum, pretend you are one of the dead things on display. I like the durant posing to match the archeops, and how protective our hero is of it. That ant is all he has left in the world, Brock can't take that from him too.

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry
@Kadew Lol he should have taken a cue from his ant. Or at least used the excuse that he is dead on the inside.

With only one page a week, I'm not sure if I will update the thread on a weekly basis. I might just do it every two weeks but we'll see. (Pages will still be going up though). Anyway, here is the end of Archeops Exhibit multi-parter. Thanks for reading.

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry
4 more pages for the thread here.

Still updating weekly on Smackjeeves. Good news is I'm about 82% done drawing the chapter, with somewhere between 7 and 10 pages left to do. After which I'll be dropping more pages every week.

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry
Been a while since I updated the thread, here's 5 more pages.

Just as an update to the status of the chapter, I've not yet finished it but I'm working on it slowly (like at a pace of 1 page a week). I've made the decision to spend more time learning so that hopefully the pages will improve at a better rate.

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry

jieh_draws

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Bug
Pokédex Entry
Green is back for another battle!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)