• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Unova General Other Adventure Jet's Black Nuzlocke

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Really love the composition and layout of this cover, very nice. I might be looking too deeply into it, but I can't help but notice July and Redeye appear to be falling further than the other characters, and they're the only ones whose eyes aren't shown. I'm really curious to see if it's just a coincidence, or if its foreshadowing something coming up...

Riboo

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Honestly I'm really hype when it comes to this, I really love the style of the comic, the battles and everything, so I'm just like *Vibrates in place*

Jawn215

A beloved figure
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
It's dumb and it says dumb things
Oh sweet, caught up on the comic just in time before the next update, stoked to see it! That Act 8 cover is hype

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Episode 79 is done but I cant post it anywhere because Deviant Art isnt letting me upload stuff anymore and the forums' media gallery doesnt let me upload large image files. Soooo, here's a link where you can read it on my website!

LINK TO EPISODE 79
Alternate title: Jet and Bianca do crimes.

I don't remember the last time I had to do a night scene. I always give my friends a hard time about their pages being too dark so I paid extra attention to the readability of those panels. Hopefully it came out alright!

A tip of the hat to all my Patrons for this month who help support me in all my endeavors!
Big thanks to Mouse with a Dinosaur Tail, Tailsimp, Ratrascal, Beryl & Tree, Hydrash, Morgarizzle, eWorm, and Spade!
Patrons get to read the comic pages as soon as I finish them! Check out my patreon page if you are interested in supporting me!

I always love me a good "are they falling?" cover. Can't help but wonder if the fact that July and Redeye seem to be fallin a bit worse than everyone else is foreshadowing 👀
Haha, i like how "are they falling" covers are like a genre of cover XD And July is afraid of heights, she's a grounded girl and does not like falling. Redeye is just doing his best XD

The crying Stunfisk is such a mood. What does July's "worse falling" mean???
Haha, I love stunfisk's goofy face XD July's just afraid of heights! Don't listen to tails!

Still a good long running series that is really getting good attention despite the comic hasn't been finished yet and you have kinda finished the game. It's kinda like when i'm already recently trying to write the next update of my nuzlocke despite two months already of no updates. So yeah, there you go, it looks good. Having to use raw memory to figure out how it went previously if you didn't put significant notes can be a problem though. Anyways you still got a plenty of more of chapters to go, so keep up the good work!~
^^ it makes me happy that people are still sticking with it despite how slow the progress is. The comments are super encouraging and make me never wanna quit until it's done!

Really love the composition and layout of this cover, very nice. I might be looking too deeply into it, but I can't help but notice July and Redeye appear to be falling further than the other characters, and they're the only ones whose eyes aren't shown. I'm really curious to see if it's just a coincidence, or if its foreshadowing something coming up...
XD Tailsimp said the same thing about them "falling worse." I love putting stuff out there and watching people speculate!
This guy on youtube called the swirling composition that leads your eye into the center the "toilet bowl effect" and it has haunted me to this day.

Honestly I'm really hype when it comes to this, I really love the style of the comic, the battles and everything, so I'm just like *Vibrates in place*
OwO I gotta be honest, I'm pretty hype too, it's intimidating but also exciting!

Oh sweet, caught up on the comic just in time before the next update, stoked to see it! That Act 8 cover is hype
: D Hoi! Thanks so much for reading! You're just in time for the final stretch however long that will take >>;;;!

Thanks all for reading, I hope you all stay safe, stay sane, and keep your noses clean!

Reactions: Dee

Jawn215

A beloved figure
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
It's dumb and it says dumb things
Oh man is there any worse feeling in the world than losing the trust of a sweet gentlemanly dog

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
oh noes if only pokemon could be kept somewhere where they couldn't run away much smooth jet much wow

Onto more serious observations:
Stoutland: "Now pay for your betrayal."

Considering Lenora's reluctance to offer up any information, though, makes me wonder if she isn't, in fact, the traitor.... >_>

Riboo

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pfffff, Bianca is a real star player here, just having none of anyone's shinanigans right now. Really think that you did well on the night scenes, there was no problem in terms of visual readability and everything worked really smoothly and well with your colorful style of coloring. Also, I'm really loving this heist scene, there's just so much in terms of stakes, comedy, treats and pets for good bois(?) Can't wait to see how this all resolves!

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Welp time for plan B: Torture INTERROGATE yes that's it, interrogate Lerona for the whereabouts of the stone, yes

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Jet and Bianca can have a little crime committing. As a treat.
It's so cool to see the callback to the first time the team was in the museum, since they've come so far since then. Honestly, I can't even blame Jet for trying to get her hands on the stone, who wouldn't want the chance to summon a cool ancient dragon? Lenora's reluctance to help and her apparently not contacting Alder certainly is odd, though, I wonder what her motivations for doing so are.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Nothing better to start the month of July, than with a good old fashion Jet and Bianca Museum Heist.
This is gonna be a fun ride.

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
It's... CRIME TIME!

sadly, our girls don't seem to be that good at it

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Ah man, Jet and Bianca do crimes might be my favorite non-existent TV show ever! For real tho it was a blast seeing these two in action. I appreciate them trying to do things the right way first before being driven to more desperate measures. I also adored seeing them break in and the reasoning used as to how they went about it. Like how Sir Frances would be seen a mile away, or Munna being too tired from the flight. Also getting past guard dog b/c he remembered Bianca was hilarious. I wanna believe that she befriended every single one of the doggies when she was at the gym the first time. Every single one: no exceptions.

Also pardon me for asking but

would this count as a "brain fart?"
If you block me for this joke your 100% valid to do so.

Nebbles

i cannot be contained
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon discusses Fire Emblem at great lengths, and writes about it as well. She is always open to talk about it with others, and is friendly.
okay, i binged this comic in the last three days and i have SO MUCH to say.

1. your art style is AMAZING. it's crisp, it's dynamic, there's so much personality in every frame whether it's on the expressions of the characters, the backgrounds, even the tiniest details. you've just continued to sail and improve with each page.
2. the WRITING.... i love all the distinct personalities all the pokemon have, ranging from jet's to everyone else's. all of them work so well and complement their trainer perfectly! i've gotten so attached to everyone and it's because your talent for character writing. like, kudos! absolutely kudos! i actually got emotional over our losses because of how attached i got to everyone.
3. your dynamics between jet + everyone else is just... so, so good. it reminds me of why i got attached to unova in the first place, which is how good the characters are.
4. again just! all the detail! the little things in the background! the silly expressions! i love this comic so much and i'm on my seat waiting for the next page!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)

(1 invisible.)