• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Unova General Other Adventure Jet's Black Nuzlocke

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
Jet's Black Nuzlocke
A 2011 Pokemon Black OA Comic
(ongoing)

poster1.png

Hello!
Thanks for checking out my run, I hope you enjoy!

You can read the whole comic on Deviant Art or JetsBlackNuzlocke.com.
The comic is currently being updated once a week on SmackJeeves, Taptastic, and Webtoons. It's pretty far behind tho, since I only started posting this year on these sites.

I know we're all really happy to have escaped the old forums, but I still want to leave this link here for anyone who wants to check out all the awesome comments people have left me throughout the years as the run had been updating. JBN Thread on the Old Forums

I update JBN once a month, but if you want announcements when the episodes are posted, you can get notified on Tumblr and Twitter

Can only catch the first Pokemon in each area.
If a Pokemon Faints, consider it dead and release it.
Clauses:
-Can trade with NPCs as long as the Pokemon being traded was caught for the Nuzlocke and no other pokemon was caught in that area.
-Can catch and use legendaries.
-Game Over only if there are absolutely no more pokemon left, in team and in the PC.
-Blind run, without any prior knowledge or research before and no research while playing.

-Three continues in case of wipe out.
----First Continue used at the very beginning of the run, when I losted to Bianca's Snivy of all things.
----Second Continue used at Lenora's Gym, when the dreaded watchog wiped my team. I would have restarted, but I had already gotten so attached to Lilly and Firedog.
----Did not use the third one.

[Other Adventures explanation] Due to the leniency clause mentioned above, I set back to a save point after my wipe at the hands of Lenora. Because of this incident, this comic is classified as an Other Adventures run after the first Act, as it has broken one of the rules of nuzlocke and is no longer a true nuzlocke. Since the rest of the run follows the rules to a T, I will continue to call it a Nuzlocke, but it will now be titled Jet's Black Nuzlocke OA.

patreeon2.png
Did you enjoy the comic and want to support the creation of Jet's Black Nuzlocke? I have a Patreon which will grand you access to my Discord where you can request art, chat about the comic, and get early viewings of the episodes as I finish them! I also have a Ko-Fi if you wanna help out without the commitment XD Either way I really appreciate it! Money is great, but at the end of the day it's the comments that I really do this for. Thanks again for reading!

Big thanks and a tip of the hat to my current Patrons:
eWorm, TailsImp, Beryl & Tree, Morgarizzle, Hydrash, Alex Lenhardt, Mouse with a dinosaur tail, ChicoARTS, and MrRaccoon.
Funniest Comic 2017

Best OA 2018

Last edited:

SysterSyn

The almighty dingo
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
It possesses only one singular braincell, and yet somehow has managed to survive for over 20 years~
I spy a good comic 👀
Welcome to the new forums zeroooo!!
It's great to see you and your tasty art over here <3

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Welcome welcome welcome, Zero! You have brought forth to us one of the best nuzlocke comics. I'm so happy and excited to see you here! :D

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Zeeeeeero! I'm so happy to see you and your fantastic comic over here with the rest of us! Just in time for us to get some of that juicy B/W plot The forums are all the richer with you here!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
after ten thousand years, jet's black nuzlocke is finally free to sit with the other nuzlockes in fan challenge runs again! How is it to be out of the other adventures void? And better yet, out of the tapatalk void. It'll be good to see it update over here, your comic always brings a smile to my face.

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
Ahh this reminds me that I need to catch up on this comic! I've seen your recent updates, and I love both the cartoony art style and the humor. even with sticking to the canon designs you bring a lot of life into the pokemon.
uh, what was this doing in OA to begin with, by the way

pkmnMasterWheeler

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
Yo Jet~ welcome to the "no longer banished to OA" club~ or the "still OA but allowed to mingle with the cool kids again" club? Man, I can't believe I've been reading this long and have not once commented, pretty sure you were between gym 1 and 2 when I started. But your run is adorable and amazing~ and single handedly made me like Patrat/Watchog! Also you have one of my favorite portrayals of N I've seen~

CarrotChipper

*Toon Link voice* YAH
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
Hedonism and schadenfreude, packed into one cute lil box!
nuzlocke binge begiiiiiiiiiiiiins…...……..… now.

ok so the feeling I was getting from reading this comic was like... pokemon special, like the original RGBY chapters. from the simple, clean art style (honestly? I love how fluffy everyones hair is) to the simple, clean attitude of the characters. this truly feels like a story that was written by someone who actually works in the pokemon company, rather than an ambitious fan. youre not doing much to improve upon the world of pokemon, but youre not doing anything that detracts from the world of pokemon, either. its all very familiar, and weirdly nostalgic. maybe because this comic is like 8 years old now idk.

sorry I was wrong about one thing. firedog does improve the world of pokemon 100%

BritishAirSnails

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Beware the BritishAirSnail. They come from the sky and leave their slime EVERYWHERE
Holy crap, how have I never read this comic before? I spent the better part of the afternoon bingeing the whole thing. It's amazing! I love the story, follows pretty close to game plot, but your characters make it so fresh and alive <3 I love everyone, Jet, her whole team, they're all amazing. Watching how everyone has grown and changed and now it's all coming to a head. I can't wait to see how everything comes together. I wish I had more to say, but there's so much that I barely have the words. I know how weird that sounds, but just know I am so along for the rest of the ride!

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French
Hellllo there I am watching this thread!!
I just re-read your latest update to refresh my memory and aaa I really love your style and everyone's expressions! i also looked at the first page real quick and oh god that improvement

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
This is one of my favorite nuzcomics of all time! Everything from the art to the designs to the characters to just the general tone and theme are chef's kiss incarnate, I adore this run so much.

Welcome back from OA hell, Zero, I eagerly await more!

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Woah! I didnt even post anything yet and I already got so many amazing comments! ;;w;; Thanks guys! What a lovely welcome to the new forums!

@SysterSyn
I will be eating your art too! Thank you again for the lovely birthday art and it's so cool having you as the top comment on the new JBN thread! Keep being awesome dude!

@MouseWithADinosaurTail
>w< So good to see you here too Mouslett! Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I am so proud to have you consider my run one of the best, that's such a high honor and I hope the rest of it does not disappoint!

@Tailsimp
TAAAAAILS! You and everyone did such a great job with the 24 hour stream and the new forums are looking so nice! Thank you for all your hard work and I cant wait to start updating here! It already seems like a much more fun place to be!

@Kadew
I cant believe it, it's been so long! It feels pretty exciting, not only to be sitting next to so many of my favorites again, but also to see some of those favorites reposting as new threads almost like everyone's getting a new breath of life! I'm super excited to see your run grow on this new site as well! Thank you so much for the welcome and I hope there are more smiles than tears in the future!

@mizar
Thank you so much for checking out my run! I hope the newer episodes dont make it hard to read the old ones, the style was certainly very rough in the beginning haha XD JBN was in OA because I wiped at Lenora's Gym and decided to continue using my leniency clause. Later on Nuzlockes that use clauses like this were discredited as true Nuzlocke runs and thus it's OA status. I'm not ashamed of it, I will continue to wear the OA tag, but it's really nice to be under the larger umbrella of FCR again.

@pkmnMasterWheeler
Ey OA club unite! Thanks for the comment, I really appreciate you keeping up with the comic even without commenting, it means a lot! Rivals are one of my favorite parts of any nuzrun so I'm so glad you like my N and also Patrats deserve love and I'm glad to be able to spread Patrat appreciation to everyone!

@CarrotChipper
>w< "Written by someone who works in pokemon company"??? Gosh! I dont know about that haha, but thank you so much for checking out my run! And aye, I guess maybe eight years ago we did not have so much to subvert yet so the comic started out pretty vanilla, but as we get closer to the end of the story and the game's plot kinda falls apart, I hope what has been built up will pay off in something big that's both new and familiar.

@BritishAirSnails
: D Thank you for checking out my run!!! It's a lot to get through all at once, must have taken you forever to bindge it! You say you barely have words but the words you did find are so encouraging and I really appreciate you taking the time to leave them! Thank you! I'm so glad to have you along for the ride!

@Rubombee
YEAH YOU SAID IT! The early episodes were so rough, and to think that was the best I could do at the time! Thanks so much for the watch and I hope we all keep on improving till the end!

@Dee
Thank you so much for your support over the years both in OA and tapatalk purgatory. Seeing your comments on the threads was very encouraging, thank you so so much! I cant wait to start updating here on the new forums, I hope we get to finish this off with a bang!

I think I've figured out Media Files and Albums here on the new forums, so I'll be uploading JBN in acts. Havent figured out the best way to organize it but I'll figure something out. Thank you all again for your lovely comments! I am currently working on the next episode, which should be posted on the first of August. It's a bit shorter than they have been lately, but it's a lot of dialogue and took a looooong time to script, so I cannot wait to see what you all think of it!

Emilianite

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
Hey Zero... it's been a while since i commented but you know i love your comic it's super fun and i love your sense of humor and how expressive everyone is and the constant improvement and art and *inhales*

it's an awesome comic! glad to see it here~

Neowth

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
I don't really care tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
A dork from the North
I love how you portrait B/W's growing up theme! And the more insight in the 'normal' life and how plasma is affecting the NPC's lives! Usually ppl just focus on N and evil evil ghetsis and forget that half of the plasmas actually did care about the pokemon and saw how some ppl were abusing their companions.

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Emilianite >w< Always good to hear from you, you're a great inspiration and it means a lot that you enjoy my comic!
@Neowth Thanks! Without the nuance I feel like Plasma can get pretty dull so I'm glad it's coming across well!

A talky episode, with very simple backgrounds. I tried to keep things interesting with different angles and interactions, but the focus is on the dialogue, so hopfully that is natural and effective enough.

Last month I had the idea of Percy's cat being a girl, and I liked the idea so much I kept kicking myself for not thinking of it earlier. Well, I was checking out the old episodes the other day and I realized through the entirety of the comic's run I have never actually refured to her using any pronouns at all! As with all things, it's not canon until it's canon, so I'm making the decision now! The next step will be to name her x'3

A tip of the hat to my Patrons!
eWorm, TailsImp, Beryl & Tree, Morgarizzle, Hydrash, Mouse with a dinosaur tail, and ChicoARTS.

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
Interesting update! I really like Percy's struggle--it feels like he's developing a lot as a character. I wonder if Jet will manage to get through N's conditioning after all?

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Is it bad that the first thing that caught my eye this update was "are those... NECKS!"

The update is really good though! You made the conversation definitely entertaining, every face and gesture pushes it along and the dialogue itself is interesting. Our plucky hero, here for just... to be here. Not sure what to do, but dang if she isn't gonna do it! And our team plasma friend(?) is just as unsure as Jet is. My favorite panel has got to be the trailing off "conditioning" when he realizes that's probably not information he's meant to share, just, really great how you made it get all tiny and falling, I can hear it with my eyes.

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French
Okay, first: the expressions. They are so varied and amazing and entertaining and love them so much!!! And the angles and the effects! Kadew's comment made me realize this just "just" a conversation. It was so fun to read I didn't even completely notice somehow!! xD
(Some panels actually made me audibly chuckle)
And also. I gotta say, that's a really good counter-argument from Jet at the end here.

orangebeans

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
I love how you have taken a nameless grunt and given them such a great backstory and personality!

Alba Corbina

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Percy is such a great character! Watching his arc over the course of the comic has been really interesting. When he says his sister would kill him for siding with Jet, is he being literal or metaphorical. The literal interpretation seems too dark for this comic, but she's loyal to Ghetsis, and we all know what he's capable of.

Link

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)