• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola Teen Mon it's always sunny in alola

Thread Description
next: bullying occurs and also more copypastas

antingaround

nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
pretty chill, actually.
welcome everyone! it's antingaround/nicole again, and this time i'm back with something that took slightly more effort to make than that god-forsaken insurgence run 😊
...that's right, if you checked the tags on this thread, you'll find it's a comic run of ultra sun!
now, i can't promise you guys something with high quality. throughout this comic, i'm going to be experimenting with my artstyle! i'm not going to be bothered to shade and/or color this run, or even try to give a semblance of a plot beyond what my two brain cells can endeavor to create. also, updates will come when i feel like it and if you ever think i'm slacking just go bother me on discord. this comic will follow the story of nicole, a trainer whose sole quality is being a dumbass. along the way, she'll make and encounter lifelong friends! and also get some of them killed, oops! hopefully not her human friends, that would be illegal probably.

so... without further ado, i present to you...

it's always sunny in alola
  1. faint = death, one mon per area, nicknames, etc you know the drill
  2. no items in battle. yes, this includes potions and x items, the works. held items are allowed, obviously.
  3. no TMs. move tutors are allowed, though!
  4. set mode is on.
  5. level cap, which is the next trial's/grand trial's highest.
  6. must battle all trainers in an area as soon as possible. yes, this includes the infamous route captains.
  7. you know how here, most people would add in a dupes clause? we aren't doing that.:wooper::wooper::wooper:
  8. we do have a shiny clause, though!

Last edited:

Chromia Sell

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 7, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ghost
I can already tell this is going to be awful, but in the best way possible.

Riboo

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
*GASP* Alola run?

O -O YES

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
cruel, just like your insurgence nuzlocke

AnOddEncounter

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Sun Hating Pokemon. Many AnOddEncounters have become addicted to nuzlocking and see playing pokemon normally as a sin to their culture.
If groggers dies there will be no consequences. I have no idea what they are but they will be upsetting and possibly even minor inconveniences.

>what could possibly go wrong

Finalinsanity

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Always tired, regardless of how long it sleeps.
oh this is 100% my shit

rip generic protag, you will be missed, by uh, someone, probably

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh dang those are some intense rules you have going there. fitting for a member of team omega Loving your nicknames btw, they have the same energy as the rest of this run and I'm afraid for all of them already.

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
One page in and I'm already living for the chaotic nature of this run, as well as the amazing title. 10/10 I'm on board for the crazy adventures in store

sociopathicotter

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pokémon Type
Water
I'm so glad I found this run! Major props for the IASIP reference, the classic sun wearing sunglasses, and last but certainly not least the plane which literally says "plane idk" haha. I always love seeing runs like this one which are totally and unapologetically stupid, looking forward to seeing the brilliance continue :)

antingaround

nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
pretty chill, actually.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for reading this comic and replying, everyone! i'm glad to be sharing this... experience.... with everyone
I can already tell this is going to be awful, but in the best way possible.
you better believe it, coming from me 😉 hopefully this comic reaches your expectations

*GASP* Alola run?

O -O YES
i'm glad that you're excited! and i hope that this comic provides for all your shitposting alola comic expectations and needs, since everyone needs an alolan shitpost

cruel, just like your insurgence nuzlocke
if you don't cry at least once every update is it even a nuzlocke of mine???? honestly
and thanks for reading ❤

If groggers dies there will be no consequences. I have no idea what they are but they will be upsetting and possibly even minor inconveniences.

>what could possibly go wrong

hm... groggers will definitely stay safe and sound for now... and yes, everything went wrong in this run and honestly who doesn't vibe with it
to be fair in one of the only games where mons have competetive sets and EVs, stuff is bound to go wrong, especially with these fun and fair rules

oh this is 100% my shit

rip generic protag, you will be missed, by uh, someone, probably
wait leave some of the shit for the rest of us i want at least 20%
dumb protag has generic expressions and is like 11 and we can't have that for our "incredible and high quality" comic, can we?

Oh dang those are some intense rules you have going there. fitting for a member of team omega Loving your nicknames btw, they have the same energy as the rest of this run and I'm afraid for all of them already.
heheh, these rules are pretty fun right???? i thrive on difficulty runs, having insane rulesets really gets your blood pumping, or something... lmao i put no effort into my nicknames except for going into pkhx to change nicknames that were blocked by the bad words filter
glad you caught the vibe i was going for in my run, slightly on crack and thriving

One page in and I'm already living for the chaotic nature of this run, as well as the amazing title. 10/10 I'm on board for the crazy adventures in store
aww yeah, chaos is the name of my game baby~ glad to have you on board the S.S "oh god what is she doing she doesn't have a driver's license", and i hope enjoy the ride! hopefully you've got insurance✨

I'm so glad I found this run! Major props for the IASIP reference, the classic sun wearing sunglasses, and last but certainly not least the plane which literally says "plane idk" haha. I always love seeing runs like this one which are totally and unapologetically stupid, looking forward to seeing the brilliance continue :)
hey, i for one am glad that you're glad that you found this run! and while we're listing the things we're grateful for, i'm also glad that you can vibe with the ridiculous art style i've got going on- i'm not the best at art and i'm not afraid to show it~
alright, now let's get to the second update~... or, if we don't count the prologue it's the first? who knows!
how dare they big pharma is obviously using potions, healing items, etc to prey on innocent trainers and their pokemon; they use 5G technology to implant tracking devices inside the pokemon's bodies and i for one will not stand for this injustice against humanity. these big corporations are allowed to roam free restricting our natural rights and that is disgusting and unfair, and i can't believe the island kahunas are doing nothing to stop them. this convenient and idiotic backstory of mine was created to do a shitty job at explaining why antingaround chose to play usum, one of the hardest mainline pokemon games, with such a hard ruleset.
i skipped over all of iki town and route 1 in the comic because lol boring! my route 1 (kukui's house) encounter was slowpoke, and my route 1 (trainer's school) encounter was grimer-alola.
wanted to wait until i got tauros to get the route 1 proper encounter, for a chance at munchlax, because cute!
the teacher got two critical hits on slowpoke with water gun, but other than that it wasn't too huge of an issue
alright, hope you all enjoyed this update, catch you all next time 😘❤

Last edited:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
skipping routes where nothing of note happened is always 100% approved. The nebby in the last panel destroyed me, the, the one arm, looks like a boxing glove or an oven mitt, just, :) so good. Good luck on getting that munchlax, not only is it cute but snorlax is awesome in battle, and iirc munchlax is way tougher than you'd expect for a baby mon.

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
Thanks for reading this comic and replying, everyone! i'm glad to be sharing this... experience.... with everyone
you better believe it, coming from me 😉 hopefully this comic reaches your expectations

i'm glad that you're excited! and i hope that this comic provides for all your shitposting alola comic expectations and needs, since everyone needs an alolan shitpost

if you don't cry at least once every update is it even a nuzlocke of mine???? honestly
and thanks for reading ❤

hm... groggers will definitely stay safe and sound for now... and yes, everything went wrong in this run and honestly who doesn't vibe with it
to be fair in one of the only games where mons have competetive sets and EVs, stuff is bound to go wrong, especially with these fun and fair rules

wait leave some of the shit for the rest of us i want at least 20%
dumb protag has generic expressions and is like 11 and we can't have that for our "incredible and high quality" comic, can we?

heheh, these rules are pretty fun right???? i thrive on difficulty runs, having insane rulesets really gets your blood pumping, or something... lmao i put no effort into my nicknames except for going into pkhx to change nicknames that were blocked by the bad words filter
glad you caught the vibe i was going for in my run, slightly on crack and thriving

aww yeah, chaos is the name of my game baby~ glad to have you on board the S.S "oh god what is she doing she doesn't have a driver's license", and i hope enjoy the ride! hopefully you've got insurance✨

hey, i for one am glad that you're glad that you found this run! and while we're listing the things we're grateful for, i'm also glad that you can vibe with the ridiculous art style i've got going on- i'm not the best at art and i'm not afraid to show it~
alright, now let's get to the second update~... or, if we don't count the prologue it's the first? who knows!
i skipped over all of iki town and route 1 in the comic because lol boring! my route 1 (kukui's house) encounter was slowpoke, and my route 1 (trainer's school) encounter was grimer-alola.
wanted to wait until i got tauros to get the route 1 proper encounter, for a chance at munchlax, because cute!
the teacher got two critical hits on slowpoke with water gun, but other than that it wasn't too huge of an issue
alright, hope you all enjoyed this update, catch you all next time 😘❤
wait, potions do what now!?

Riboo

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Yup, I'm just pullin' up a seat for this, gettin' out some popcorn and devourin' this fine internet trash on offer, cause you right, this may not be the run that Alola deserves, but its the one it NEEDS

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Haha oh my god, something about Hau and Lillie being the straight man to our protagonist's shenanigans and just asking "do you have any idea what just happened" after that whole potions scene is absolutely hilarious.

sociopathicotter

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pokémon Type
Water
This comic is so meta and I love it so much! Whether it's the stupid fourth wall break in the copypasta or the random annotations around each doodle, it adds so much character to each panel, and the fact that every NPC has a "wtf is going on" face just makes that meta level so much better haha

Finalinsanity

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Always tired, regardless of how long it sleeps.
this run has already established a deep and meaningful motivation behind the protagonist's actions, and only 2 pages in. truly, masterful pacing and engaging, subtle writing

also these faces are So Much, i love them

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Ooh, that's a tough ruleset. On a tough game.

Good thing you're not spending too much time drawing any friends. Otherwise, you might get attached.... At least you don't have to worry about those 5G Potions, though!

antingaround

nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
pretty chill, actually.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess we're turning this into a 1 am random time posting schedule? Lost power for a couple days and couldn't "work" on the "comic", but it's been a week and I have backlog so here's a page in all its glory
skipping routes where nothing of note happened is always 100% approved. The nebby in the last panel destroyed me, the, the one arm, looks like a boxing glove or an oven mitt, just, :) so good. Good luck on getting that munchlax, not only is it cute but snorlax is awesome in battle, and iirc munchlax is way tougher than you'd expect for a baby mon.
aww haha thank you so much! yeah munchlax isn't a bitch to get like in gen 4, so i was really excited at the possibility of using one... the free gift munchlax in sm really warmed me up to it

wait, potions do what now!?
no please understand my lore is deep and the plot will be epic. or the MC is a lunatic idk

Yup, I'm just pullin' up a seat for this, gettin' out some popcorn and devourin' this fine internet trash on offer, cause you right, this may not be the run that Alola deserves, but its the one it NEEDS
aw thanks 🤩 you just know this living shitpost is the best alola comic to ever exist Kai is quaking smh

Haha oh my god, something about Hau and Lillie being the straight man to our protagonist's shenanigans and just asking "do you have any idea what just happened" after that whole potions scene is absolutely hilarious.
bold of you to assume anyone in this comic is stra-😔 anyways yeah i guess i have to move the plot along somehow because the main character clearly isn't doing that for us oops
and thanks I like to keep this run pure comedy ❤

This comic is so meta and I love it so much! Whether it's the stupid fourth wall break in the copypasta or the random annotations around each doodle, it adds so much character to each panel, and the fact that every NPC has a "wtf is going on" face just makes that meta level so much better haha
super duper appreciate these kind words! you really get this comic's vibe and i hope it continues to please 👍 and yeah i like adding those notes and acknowledging how stupid the comic is haha

this run has already established a deep and meaningful motivation behind the protagonist's actions, and only 2 pages in. truly, masterful pacing and engaging, subtle writing

also these faces are So Much, i love them
as you can see, only a masterful writer such as i could beat the "nuzcomic plot any%" world record. 🔥
also i'm glad you like the faces, it can be hard with the minimalist design i'm going for so it's good to know i sort of got it

Ooh, that's a tough ruleset. On a tough game.

Good thing you're not spending too much time drawing any friends. Otherwise, you might get attached.... At least you don't have to worry about those 5G Potions, though!
oof haha yup, i do truly enjoy physical mental and emotional pain when playing a children's game 😭😎👊 and actually the lack of any pokemon is a subtle reference to the fact that I forgot that pokemon existed in a pokemon comic and has since been rectified. or maybe they were on vacation, idk it's alola 😉
please use caution when viewing this run. excessive reading may cause brain damage and internal hemorrhaging.
furfrou debutante.... Lillie hat and haircut....introduced in gen 6... it's all connected....but how????
also I have no idea how to draw those wide brimmed hats and I am not afraid to show it
see y'all next week, bye~

moonfly

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 25, 2020
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Has never heard of a work schedule, so either writes three chapters in a day or one in three weeks. Invite to a DnD game to instantly befriend.
...did I read the comic wrong or does Ilima have a magic deflection shield made out of rainbow

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
I can't think of good words to say so here's this:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)