• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Ruleset Advice Is this "Max Revive" idea ok?

Radiatio

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
So I came across an optional rule stating that any Max Revives found on the ground or by the Dowsing Machine can revive a dead Pokémon. I tweaked it to where A. I can only use 5 Max Revives out of total 18 that are obtainable in my game, Any others I have to sell, B. I cannot use Max Revives in battle, and C. If a Max-Revived Pokémon dies again, they cannot be revived. The game I'm playing is called Pokemon Sacred Gold. If you don't know about these types of roms, they're rom hacks of existing games where all Pokémon are obtainable with in the single game, with new items and mechanics added for evolution.

Along with this however, comes a major difficult spick compared to the original games. There's a much more rounded difficulty curve, and important characters have high leveled Pokémon with strong moves, such as Executive Proton in the Slowpoke well before the 2nd gym having a zubat with Giga Drain, which was changed along side Drain Punch in this game to have 75 BP. That's just one of many instances of difficulty. Gym leaders and Elite Four members also have a team of 6 Pokémon. Some Pokémon even get stat, type, and move changes. Examples including:
- Electivire is now an Electric/Fighting type.
- Beautifly now has 105 base Sp.atk, 65 base Sp.def, and 85 base speed.
- Espeon gets a new level up move in Aura Sphere.

I'm saying all of these details about the game since while I would love a safety-net rule for a few Pokémon, I also want it to be balanced and still retain the difficulty of the game. Thoughts?

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
it technically will make it a “nuzlite”, but depending on your comfort level with the difficulty spike / your tolerance for grinding I think it’s fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)