• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Is there a reason behind your typing?

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure she's French
Y'know, the thing that shows up in the postbit, right above your Pokédex entry.

As for me. Ghost is really just my favorite type and with how shy and socially awkward I am sometimes I might as well be one #NapstablookGang
And as much as I like the concept of some other types, I think I'm the most comfortable in Water. I just really like being in it. (especially when it's not cold.)

What about y'all?

pkmnMasterWheeler

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
Like you, Fire is just my favorite type ;3 Also I really like cute things!~ And thought it wouldn't be something many people listed as their type ;3c (also I like to think that I'm pretty cute? Maybe? :'3)

starmouse

All in service of some implacable "just cause".
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is said to be scared of its own shadow. It can often be found sitting in the rain.
Fairy because I like the whole cutesy fairy aesthetic.
Water because I love being in the water and I'm fascinated by the types of life that exist on the border between water and land. (Wind in the Willows eh?)

Squiggy Azalea

a goode boy
🎇Contributor
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
pizza pasta mamma mia
electric and grass are my favorite types in the series! honestly that's basically it yeah, i just enjoy those two types, mainly cause they got some of my all-time favorites 😄

MouseWithADinosaurTail

Luck will travel, but that's why I've got feet
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Though she often appears sweet and polite, the smell of wrong opinions may cause this pokemon to latch bite.
Flying because it's my favorite type! Fairy cause I feel like there's some crossover between the fairy type and my personality/aesthetic. ^w^

kittenrobotarmy

FIYA EMBUREM
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Has dedicated her life to the Blue Lions + Marianne and considers them her children.
Electric and Ground are awesome types and I feel they fit me as a person. It makes me a Stunfisk, which I gladly accept because Stunfisk is awesome. It's just that simple.

TerryTheTeryx

Smol Dino Who Also Likes Birbs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She may be lured out of her residential cave with peanut butter.
Grass because I'm a Bulbasaur, Steel because I code and it's the closest thing to something machine-related.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Also a major Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Fairy type is because I'm super into mythical creatures. Clever is because I'd like to think I'm really smart, although honestly I've been feeling less smart as I've gotten older and realized just how darn complicated the world is.

TricMagic

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 20, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon only rarely leaves it's cave to hunt down birbs. Oftentimes, it can only be spotted by it's strange aura in the sky.
Fairy Thunder.

I like Fairy Types. Mostly cause they tend to beat everything into the ground. Including the actual Ground types. Nice Ascetic. Bewear the Quiver Dance Ribombee Sweeps.

Dark is mostly the fact I like Fairy-Dark typing. There aren't any though, sadly. Also Spiritomb and other dark types like Darkrai and Zoroark

Funen1

If you're alive, you can keep moving!
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Because Weavile is my favorite Pokemon and Ice is my favorite type, simple as that lol.

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Administrator
Tech Team
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
I'm pretty sure dang near everyone that knows me associates me with grass for one reason or another

Fire is trickier but it's a mix of astrology and apparently (apparently!) personality stuff that started as jokes and then started to stick

Reactions: Jay

Paine

The doctorate is in pain.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/him; they/them; she/her
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
It never quite knows what it's doing. Yet, somehow, things still get done.
I switch part of it up between my favorite types... but always keep '???' because 1: glitch pokemon rock, and 2, I exist in a perpetual state of mild confusion & that reflects it well |D

Minty Electronica

heeeeeeeyyyyyy, adora~ <3
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's an azumarill. You caught an azumarril.
Water and Fairy are both my favorite types, ngl. That's about it, really. :')

(And azumarill is one of my favorite pokémon.)

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Casual tends to be plagued with identity issues. Their support for the disadvantaged knows few bounds.
I'm Grass because I'm Shaymin.

cyndakip

stuck in reverse
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely ridiculous. Icon by https://rileykitty.tumblr.com!
TBH I'd actually like to have Water/Psychic because those are my two favourite types, but I stick with Fire/Water because I'm committed to the Cyndakip Aesthetic

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
dragon because goomy, mostly

i just think dragons are neat

io_

typically has writer's block
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/she please :)
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This friendly ghost lurks around old haunts and sites of interest, and likes to say hi. (Profile pic came from https://picrew.me/image_maker/114808)
Normal/Ghost is a really neat typing with some cool things that it's immune to. But as well as being a normal person, I... kinda feel very very different from how I used to be and how I once acted. I often feel like I'm carrying the memories of completely different person's (much more purposeful and optimistic) outlook, and old motivations with me. I think this typing just suits me best out of all of them

GoGoGogoat

can't wait to monch these promgles
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
he/him/they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Hello, I am a goat. Pleased to meet you.
Grass because Gogoat.

Cool because goats are cool.

Jay

ガッチャ!
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
Whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Snarky, blunt, and pessimistic. Loves sweets. Sucks at descriptions.
I'm pretty sure dang near everyone that knows me associates me with grass for one reason or another
Well you DO seem to pick the Grass Starter more often than not. And then there's your interest in plants, and some other stuff I don't know if I should disclose.

As for me, Fire because I almost always pick the Fire type Starter, and Dark because I'm a night owl and like nighttime better. Or you could just say I'm trying to be edgy, like a certain someone once did.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)